• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Student Debt?

The inability to repay a student loan is partially a reflection on the pre-college education system. Schools are not teaching basic financial planning/budgeting. These future college grads can’t even do a simple budget and they are our future? The other part is it shows that the people cosigning the loans don’t know how to budget either or are unwilling to say "No, I won't cosign this because you cannot afford it."

The unwillingness to repay a student loan shows the lack of character, integrity and personal responsibility which is, for the most part and generally speaking, learned from a person’s upbringing.

Both are a reflection of the degradation of society. If knowledge and values are not taught to someone, how does that person teach it to the next generation and so on. Generally speaking, they don’t and it is lost to time.

The unwillingness to repay a student loan shows the lack of character, integrity and personal responsibility
Agreed. If they make their own bed, they get to sleep in it. Racking up massive school debt on studying gender studies or other degrees with no future potential for income and with no intent to pay it back is morally bankrupt. F' m.

The inability to repay a student loan is partially a reflection on the pre-college education system. Schools are not teaching basic financial planning/budgeting. These future college grads can’t even do a simple budget and they are our future? The other part is it shows that the people cosigning the loans don’t know how to budget either or are unwilling to say "No, I won't cosign this because you cannot afford it."

The unwillingness to repay a student loan shows the lack of character, integrity and personal responsibility which is, for the most part and generally speaking, learned from a person’s upbringing.

Both are a reflection of the degradation of society. If knowledge and values are not taught to someone, how does that person teach it to the next generation and so on. Generally speaking, they don’t and it is lost to time.
When I was going to CSU Eastbay, financial management was an upper division course not taken until your junior or senior year

• Wow
Reactions: DustBun
Problem is people marketing a degree as anything other than a business purchase.

Going to school should P&L list wise be viewed like buying a forklift, will what it will make you outweigh its cost?

If yes, buy it

If no, pass

But a bunch of soft shoed types sold all the barefoot housewives that it’s some virtuous product all kids need, and if they don’t have it, it’s damn near akin to child abuse

Also why don’t people talk about cost V profit per credit hour?

It’s cool to haggle a private car dealer about his cost, but it’s taboo when talking to a university coat? A school that both sucks hour tax dollars as well as makes money on overinflated tuition, lest I even get into the self licking ice cream cone of academia where students just turn into professors never having had any success in the real world.

Reactions: Emerson0311
The majority of higher education is a racket. The system is designed to fleece young people and condition them to paying interest for life, while giving many of them few marketable skills. Part of the problem is the huge volume of graduates with generic degrees chasing random office jobs.

Problem is people marketing a degree as anything other than a business purchase.

Going to school should P&L list wise be viewed like buying a forklift, will what it will make you outweigh its cost?

If yes, buy it

If no, pass

But a bunch of soft shoed types sold all the barefoot housewives that it’s some virtuous product all kids need, and if they don’t have it, it’s damn near akin to child abuse

Also why don’t people talk about cost V profit per credit hour?

It’s cool to haggle a private car dealer about his cost, but it’s taboo when talking to a university coat? A school that both sucks hour tax dollars as well as makes money on overinflated tuition, lest I even get into the self licking ice cream cone of academia where students just turn into professors never having had any success in the real world.
It was pretty obvious who the teachers were that had real life job experience, and who went straight into academia at my business college

An interesting article. Yup, paying back the money you owe is irritating, lol. My friends are paying out their mortgage every month, and the interest rate seems to have risen recently that sucks big time. I love loans like a reverse mortgage (or maybe there is nothing like a reverse mortgage). This is a kind of mortgage you can apply for after you've paid out the mortgage for your house. (Read goodlifehomeloans.com for more info.) Now that's what I call government caring for you.

Last edited:
It was pretty obvious who the teachers were that had real life job experience, and who went straight into academia at my business college

Indeed, and I haven’t seen any college only charge 1/4 rate per credit hour for the professional academia professors classes.

Problem solved. You're Welcome.
1653506016298.jpeg

Lots of hate for the young dumb students, what about the predatory calculated and overpriced education industry?

No juicy memes?

HS guidance counselor, go to college you’ll be set, and they hear it for 4 years straight, everything they do is working to that goal

Most parents are just as easily sold that same line of goods

College, you’re special because you’re here, just update your loan/daddy’s credit and you’ll be da man when you graduate.

The fucking world, son you have a degree in what? Yeah but can you pour a beer right? We’ll start you off @ jack shit a hr + tips, tell the customers about art and shit and maybe they’ll tip ya 20 vs 15%

I have a hard time getting mad at the students in this situation, the industry who preys off them however.

Strange, the "educated" of society can't pay their bills and were fooled.
Wonder if they'll remember that when I hear another round of who the educated voted for by majority?...

R

Reactions: Jgunner
Strange, the "educated" of society can't pay their bills and were fooled.
Wonder if they'll remember that when I hear another round of who the educated voted for by majority?...

R

So play politics or target the head of the snake, spoiler alert it ain’t that 18yr old kid just moving out of moms house.

Little fuckers spend nearly their entire existence being indoctrinated by the state, and we act surprised when they do dumb shit?

If I train a dog to attack, and it attacks might be a result of the training more than the dog.

Point the sausage sized finger at the education industry and the govs involvement in “education”

Blaming the fucking dumb ass kids is misguided.

Reactions: Texascbr
It's all strictly so the DemoTurds can buy the votes of the fools with the debt. Pay off my tens or hundreds of thousands of debt? Sure, I'll vote for you. It's that simple, except these bastards are using the money of people who DO pay their debts to fund this bribe.
In effect, it's "Buy me a new car or a new house, with no strings attached? Sure I'll vote for you."

It's all strictly so the DemoTurds can buy the votes of the fools with the debt. Pay off my tens or hundreds of thousands of debt? Sure, I'll vote for you. It's that simple, except these bastards are using the money of people who DO pay their debts to fund this bribe.
In effect, it's "Buy me a new car or a new house, with no strings attached? Sure I'll vote for you."

You don’t think R parents are pushing their crotch fruit to get a degree in “whatever” too?

You don’t they they file bankruptcy too?

It ain’t a party thing, don’t get divided and conquered

Reactions: Shannon Marie850
So play politics or target the head of the snake, spoiler alert it ain’t that 18yr old kid just moving out of moms house.

Little fuckers spend nearly their entire existence being indoctrinated by the state, and we act surprised when they do dumb shit?

If I train a dog to attack, and it attacks might be a result of the training more than the dog.

Point the sausage sized finger at the education industry and the govs involvement in “education”

Blaming the fucking dumb ass kids is misguided.
Most have parent/parents.
On them if they aren't "adult" enough to take a loan.
Old enough to vote and sign legal documents.
Strange the folks that signed a note for a car etc can figure out a loan.
STEM choices or learn to make coffee.

R

Reactions: Yasherka
Most have parent/parents.
On them if they aren't "adult" enough to take a loan.
Old enough to vote and sign legal documents.
Strange the folks that signed a note for a car etc can figure out a loan.
STEM choices or learn to make coffee.

R

Laughs in over a decade of indoc for a teen making decisions divergent from that

Lots of hate for the young dumb students, what about the predatory calculated and overpriced education industry?

No juicy memes?

HS guidance counselor, go to college you’ll be set, and they hear it for 4 years straight, everything they do is working to that goal

Most parents are just as easily sold that same line of goods

College, you’re special because you’re here, just update your loan/daddy’s credit and you’ll be da man when you graduate.

The fucking world, son you have a degree in what? Yeah but can you pour a beer right? We’ll start you off @ jack shit a hr + tips, tell the customers about art and shit and maybe they’ll tip ya 20 vs 15%

I have a hard time getting mad at the students in this situation, the industry who preys off them however.
I went to the highest rated high school in my province (at the time ) with the most demanding selection process and even at a young age I was totally disgusted by these institutions of brainwashing and social engineering.

Beside the disgusting propaganda about being open minded (as long as you only agree with the left wing fanatic unionized teacher, otherwise you’d be labeled a racist, misogynist or homophobic or whatever), the common themes were :
1- If you’re a woman you need to focus on your career, if you get pregnant, abort it. Do whatever you need to climb the ladder of corporate success, only losers are stay at home moms because raising your child is unfulfilling. If you do get pregnant it has to be when you’re in your 30s and you need to dump it back to the child care and get to work after a year of mat leave.
2- If you’re a man, it’ll be impossible for you to get a good career unless you get a PHD/MBA or whatever else piece of paper that shows that you’re able to remember what you’ve been told and recite it verbatim which is not a sign of intelligence as much as they think it is:
I’ve had friends who became lawyers and doctors and other prestigious titles yet they have zero common sense, can’t solve any issues outside of their expertise, no matter how simple it is and think something is only true if it’s been peer reviewed by other senseless morons.

Somehow with a high school diploma only, I became an airline Capt and now working on software dev and have better productivity than my college educated peers working the same job. I have no idea what they learned in their computer science degree or whatever else they did during 4 years at university except getting drunk and screwing loose hoes but they can’t code for shit, they have no understandings of basic algos, no skills troubleshooting, no work ethics and now that they’re all triple vaccinated they’re sick and tired all the time and can’t do a full 9-5 day of work which has no physical labour whatsoever without leaving an hour early or showing up an hour late.

College is fairly cheap here but if any of these clown had spent 200K for this level of “education” that they could have learned themselves in 6 months well then I’d also be pissed and want a refund too. What a joke.

Student loans and tuition did not get out of hand until the government got involved subsidizing them. The universities started accepting anyone that could fog up a mirror in as it was increased revenue. I think student loans should be for tuition and books ONLY. No laptops, no TV's, no XBOX, no housing.....

One of my buddies his daughter went into her second year of school and was going to take out a student loan as she wanted to go to a big school, with the private Texas school she was going to go to they were going to loan her 50k a semester (tuition was like $20k). No wonder you can get buried in a heartbeat. I always remember going to the book store at the beginning of the semester also. There would be PALLETS of TV's XBOX's and the second week of school they were all gone as everyone with student loan money would be piling in there.

The company I work for will pay $20k a year in tuition. I have gotten a second degree and a masters on there dime.

I went to the highest rated high school in my province (at the time ) with the most demanding selection process and even at a young age I was totally disgusted by these institutions of brainwashing and social engineering.

Beside the disgusting propaganda about being open minded (as long as you only agree with the left wing fanatic unionized teacher, otherwise you’d be labeled a racist, misogynist or homophobic or whatever), the common themes were :
1- If you’re a woman you need to focus on your career, if you get pregnant, abort it. Do whatever you need to climb the ladder of corporate success, only losers are stay at home moms because raising your child is unfulfilling. If you do get pregnant it has to be when you’re in your 30s and you need to dump it back to the child care and get to work after a year of mat leave.
2- If you’re a man, it’ll be impossible for you to get a good career unless you get a PHD/MBA or whatever else piece of paper that shows that you’re able to remember what you’ve been told and recite it verbatim which is not a sign of intelligence as much as they think it is:
I’ve had friends who became lawyers and doctors and other prestigious titles yet they have zero common sense, can’t solve any issues outside of their expertise, no matter how simple it is and think something is only true if it’s been peer reviewed by other senseless morons.

Somehow with a high school diploma only, I became an airline Capt and now working on software dev and have better productivity than my college educated peers working the same job. I have no idea what they learned in their computer science degree or whatever else they did during 4 years at university except getting drunk and screwing loose hoes but they can’t code for shit, they have no understandings of basic algos, no skills troubleshooting, no work ethics and now that they’re all triple vaccinated they’re sick and tired all the time and can’t do a full 9-5 day of work which has no physical labour whatsoever without leaving an hour early or showing up an hour late.

College is fairly cheap here but if any of these clown had spent 200K for this level of “education” that they could have learned themselves in 6 months well then I’d also be pissed and want a refund too. What a joke.

You went 121, or 705 eh, to software?

Tough shit.
All or nothing, can't play adult only in the preferred rights/responsibilities.

Laughs in Gen X

R

Laugh all the way through that inflation bud

This indoc and BS applies to all of us, you’re blaming the grandma who got scammed by the call center, I’m over here saying the grandma fucked up, but nuke the call center.

Laugh all the way through that inflation bud

This indoc and BS applies to all of us, you’re blaming the grandma who got scammed by the call center, I’m over here saying the grandma fucked up, but nuke the call center.
It's clear you'll not get it.
Gov/nefarious characters have been running scams/lines of bullshit for all of human history.
Why aren't the ones who were scammed 20-30-40 etc. years ago preaching/protesting across the country
about this scam?
If you know this answer ^^^ it all becomes clear.

R

Not by choice.
705. Got terminated for not taking the jab. Ex-738 Driver.

Damn dude, fighting the good fight, read some interesting threads on that BS on avcanada, lots of em seem to be picking their favorite flavor of boot polish. That sucks man, sorry to hear :(

Even better when students of those same professors obtain jobs in government based on those credentials alone.

Speaking from personal experience of watching my tax dollars try real hard to justify the existence of a worthless education where they learned all the wrong lessons.

Even better when students of those same professors obtain jobs in government based on those credentials alone.

Speaking from personal experience of watching my tax dollars try real hard to justify the existence of a worthless education where they learned all the wrong lessons.

Military or get a job and have the company pay for your education. That's what I'll be telling my kids.

Military or get a job and have the company pay for your education. That's what I'll be telling my kids.

Its a good route.

I'll be recommending community college if the military isn't their first choice. From there they work their way through college, build their career and increase their likelihood of finding an employer that will cover their tuition for the four year. That or they can work real hard to get a scholarship.

If the military is their first choice, they can still start online courses while they are in. The JST/SMART transcript will have plenty of free college credits to convert towards that 2 year degree.

Of all the MOS skills transferable to the civie side, the most useful has categorically been leadership. Its the most valuable. You can't get it in a college course, and after ~8 years of military side you are decades ahead of your peerage on the civilian side.

The only exception to that is certifications, and some certifications require degrees. To be clear though, its not the degree, it's the certification or licensure that is needed. The degree is just a milestone to get there.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Its a good route.

I'll be recommending community college if the military isn't their first choice. From there they work their way through college, build their career and increase their likelihood of finding an employer that will cover their tuition for the four year. That or they can work real hard to get a scholarship.

If the military is their first choice, they can still start online courses while they are in. The JST/SMART transcript will have plenty of free college credits to convert towards that 2 year degree.

Of all the MOS skills transferable to the civie side, the most useful has categorically been leadership. Its the most valuable. You can't get it in a college course, and after ~8 years of military side you are decades ahead of your peerage on the civilian side.

The only exception to that is certifications, and some certifications require degrees. To be clear though, its not the degree, it's the certification or licensure that is needed. The degree is just a milestone to get there.

Community college is the way, inexpensive and can get you to a good paying job plenty quick.

Reactions: RGStory
Community college is the way, inexpensive and can get you to a good paying job plenty quick.

An associates degree will often wipe away requirements for unnecessary 1000 and 2000 level courses as you work towards your bachelors. Like health, secondary language courses and other bullshit credit hours a 4 year Uni will expect you to pay for as they fleece you.

Get an associates, then save the money and the credit hours for stuff that will actually apply to your degree.

When they make student loans dischargable in bankruptcy, I will give a shit about people paying them back
When schools stop using predatory lending on KIDS without fully developed brains, I will give a shit about people paying them back
When schools use that money to invest in kids education/infrastructure instead of bloated administration, I will give a shit about paying back
When schools teach actual valuable subject matter instead of revisionist bullshit, I will give a shit about paying them back.
When the government actually scrutinizes the students qualifications and degree for expected earnings instead of giving easy loans to everyone with a pulse I wills top caring.

Government 100% created this problem, as far as I am concerned , they can eat the fucking costs and own it. A 17 or 18 year old kid is not prepared , educated or mentally capable of being able to make this kind of financial decision, especially when being fed lies from everyone how they have to go to college.

When they make student loans dischargable in bankruptcy, I will give a shit about people paying them back
When schools stop using predatory lending on KIDS without fully developed brains, I will give a shit about people paying them back
When schools use that money to invest in kids education/infrastructure instead of bloated administration, I will give a shit about paying back
When schools teach actual valuable subject matter instead of revisionist bullshit, I will give a shit about paying them back.
When the government actually scrutinizes the students qualifications and degree for expected earnings instead of giving easy loans to everyone with a pulse I wills top caring.

Government 100% created this problem, as far as I am concerned , they can eat the fucking costs and own it. A 17 or 18 year old kid is not prepared , educated or mentally capable of being able to make this kind of financial decision, especially when being fed lies from everyone how they have to go to college.
sure, but we pay all the bills for the "government", so that is us that will be paying.

sure, but we pay all the bills for the "government", so that is us that will be paying.
Yea we pay hundreds of billions for welfare, money to foreign countries and all sorts of bullshit none of us want.

Atleast an educated populace is somewhat useful. If the government is going to piss away money, It can and does alot worse than a free education.

Its a good route.

Being a Navy Nuke isn't a bad route either. The only issue I have with community colleges are sometimes the professors/courses are lackluster (exists at traditional colleges as well). I also wouldn't mind my kids picking up a trade and work towards starting their own business.

College in general has gone down a bad path of diluted education. I honestly feel bad for managers now.

The fact that you can’t BK out of a BS degree just shows how crony the education industry is with gov.

You can BK out of almost anything, and education probably has a much higher profit margin but you can’t get out of that 100k loan to sit in a assembly line of 80 other students and listen to a moron who couldn’t hack it in the real world read out of a book? Buulllllll shit!

An associates degree will often wipe away requirements for unnecessary 1000 and 2000 level courses as you work towards your bachelors. Like health, secondary language courses and other bullshit credit hours a 4 year Uni will expect you to pay for as they fleece you.

Get an associates, then save the money and the credit hours for stuff that will actually apply to your degree.

In some places you can get your RN at a 2 year community college, talk about return on investment.

Yea we pay hundreds of billions for welfare, money to foreign countries and all sorts of bullshit none of us want.

Atleast an educated populace is somewhat useful. If the government is going to piss away money, It can and does alot worse than a free education.
maybe true again, but i get the impression that at least half of recent college graduates learned nothing but how to fucking whine and complain.
oh, they also learned that wypipo are bad, america is bad, police are bad, men can have babies, and anyone that commits crime is a vicitim.

and at least 1/2 the money was likely spent on living away from the parents, eating out, and partying.
how do i know? my daughter got a masters and she isn't in debt.

maybe true again, but i get the impression that at least half of recent college graduates learned nothing but how to fucking whine and complain.
oh, they also learned that wypipo are bad, america is bad, police are bad, men can have babies, and anyone that commits crime is a vicitim.

and at least 1/2 the money was likely spent on living away from the parents, eating out, and partying.
how do i know? my daughter got a masters and she isn't in debt.

You are over generalizing by quite a large margin.

perhaps, but i didn't eat at a panera bread on campus and carry a starbucks into class, then bitch about student loans.

Okay? Plenty of kids work while going to school. The over-generalization of the whole student populace based on a small segment that you have observed is quite an ignorant thing to do.

The left does the same thing to us gun owners.

Okay? Plenty of kids work while going to school. The over-generalization of the whole student populace based on a small segment that you have observed is quite an ignorant thing to do.

The left does the same thing to us gun owners.
not at all, but sorry you misunderstood.
my daughter didn't escape debt completely, and she worked...and i was referring to people that racked up over $100k in debt or something far beyond tuition and boarding costs. heck, my daughter saved us a lot just going to a state school in our state. tuition is $14k vs $43k for kids from out of state.
if she chose university of michigan (for example) it would have been $52k vs $12k if we lived there.
i suspect a lot of kids chose schools because they could get the money, not because it made financial sense.

Last edited:
Are students not allowed to eat? Is it ok to give scholarships to football players and basketball players where the government is paying/subsidizing for their education, housing, and they eat better than 99% of the people in the USA do?

The student loan problem is 100% created by government and greedy fucking colleges. They should eat the costs between them. Its been nothing but a racket to turn Federal tax dollars into Liberal/communist programs and line the pockets of administrators.

You want to really get into it? Take a look at minority graduation rates. An ungodly amount of money is spent and never paid back for students who drop out/fail after 1 year.

The gov could easily require people to get a degree that will have an expected value to be able to pay it back. They could do alot of things to be better stewarts of taxpayer dollars but they don't. So fuck them, I hope every student stops paying these bullshit overinflated loans.

Cheap and easy gov loans have driven up the costs of college to the point for the last 20 years or so, working your way through college is not really possible. Living expenses around schools are very expensive for the same reason. Inject a bunch of free money and what happens? We are seeing it today with $4 milk and $5.50 Gas prices.

So many are forced to take loans just to be able to go to school due to the insanse costs that are ONLY high due to gov giving everyone easy money in the first place.

While they’re a minority of a minority, “student” athletes that leave school to pursue a professional career before graduating are included in those “dropout” statistics.

Are students not allowed to eat? Is it ok to give scholarships to football players and basketball players where the government is paying/subsidizing for their education, housing, and they eat better than 99% of the people in the USA do?

The student loan problem is 100% created by government and greedy fucking colleges. They should eat the costs between them. Its been nothing but a racket to turn Federal tax dollars into Liberal/communist programs and line the pockets of administrators.

You want to really get into it? Take a look at minority graduation rates. An ungodly amount of money is spent and never paid back for students who drop out/fail after 1 year.

The gov could easily require people to get a degree that will have an expected value to be able to pay it back. They could do alot of things to be better stewarts of taxpayer dollars but they don't. So fuck them, I hope every student stops paying these bullshit overinflated loans.
of course, but since i was paying for it, i lived off pot pies and white rice, or top ramen, or pb&j sammiches. i didn't eat out as a student.

While they’re a minority of a minority, “student” athletes that leave school to pursue a professional career before graduating are included in those “dropout” statistics.
Not sure but I can tell you certain races who only need a Pulse to get into a good school while others need years of great grades, testing; have about a 60% failure rate in the first year.

Its almost like, allowing people who haven't earned the right to be there; won't be successful.

But that's what happens when gov sticks their hands in everything and demands you let less qualified people in based on their skin color.

Same shit different day.