• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Stupid simple Savage rifle question...

Drunktank

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
Im going to be picking up a Savage 10 FCP-K in .308. Is the muzzle device on this rifle removable? If so, whats the threading under there? Normal 5/8-24?

2amec6.png

Reason I ask is because I'd be putting an AAC muzzle brake on it in order to mount my AAC 762SDN-6.

Thanks gents!

Re: Stupid simple Savage rifle question...

I've read before on the Savage forum that the factory uses some kind of locktite on the brake, so you'll have to use heat.

But it is removable.

The bigger question is will the threads fit you suppressor. I don't know what thread pitch the FCP-K comes with.

I would just call savage. Saves time and you are sure to get a right answer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JonM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would just call savage. Saves time and you are sure to get a right answer. </div></div>
+1 I've had to call them a couple of times, and sometimes it's a bit of a wait, but they are friendly and you know you are getting the <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> correct <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> information.

It is 5/8x24. I have the same rifle and verified the pitch with Savage for the same reason (except my can is a YHM :))

Are you going to keep the AccuStock? Bear in mind that options for this particular model are severely limited, as in XLR or McRee, unless you wanna pay out the ass and wait forever for a custom inlet.

Me, I took XLR
smile.gif

I dont really like the feel of the Accustock... but itll do for now. Eventually, Ill put a McMillan A3 stock on it as funds become available but first Ill put a SWFA SS 5-20x50 on top of it.

This is going to be my rifle for hunting everything smaller than a Mule Deer.... even prairie dogs!

Choate, pdc, B&C, stockade all have stocks that will fit this as well. It is not as limited as you think. Any 4.4 inch stock will fit that receiver, the only trick is getting the bolt release to function which takes a simple modification. I was even able to make a SSS comp trigger work on mine.

Keep in mind that you need a square shoulder as well as the correct threads.

The original MB came of mine real easy. I replaced it with a SAS brake for my Arbiter can.

Since when are stocks for a Savage 10 limited??
Add H-S Precision and Manners to the above...
I'm sure there's others as well.

Savage isn't up to the Rem 700 in terms of aftermarket support, but it is now substantial and it's growing more every day...

The stocks become limited as soon as you get ready to buy one.

I had looked at stocks before I bought my savage and it looked like a pretty good selection. When I went to purchase one, not so much.

Still waiting on the AI too.

If you want to stay with a blind mag you will have a few more options but still limited.