• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sunday Secret Squirrel Schedule....

The last two weekends, I spent taking care of my lady who had her ATFL surgically repaired after taking a bad sprain on it in Afghanistan last year. That's right papacockgazer, even my girlfriend has more time in a combat zone than you do. Anyhow, she is beyond the bad swelling and required constant elevating part of recovery, I don't have to play male nurse anymore, so we got on the road for some fun this weekend.

We dealt with some nasty traffic in Custer State Park yesterday.
View attachment 6909538

Then today we went scouting in the plains for a hideout as cool as @Bender has. I think I found a winner, public land and all...
View attachment 6909540

Ribeyes will go on the grill this PM. Cubs swept the Mets, all in all, a good weekend.

Tell tale mounds in that last pic? Beautiful country and cute calf....scored points with the wife with that one. Took me years to teach her that she can’t walk up and pet a calf with mamma around?

Hi,

Anyone have bracelet design and a "go to" company?

Ciao,
Theis

Nah, I've got kin that makes leather holsters and belts, but he's mormon so I doubt he'd be cool carrying the cockfag badge the whole way through. Got another friend that runs a machine shop, I'm sure he'd be down to engrave the inserts. No leads on color badges, though.

I was thinking something like this except less euro-faggoty.
518VhTcreBL.jpg

although personally i say we skip the bracelets and go right to Flasks......that way i can drown my sorrows when these threads pop up again.

Screenshot 2018-06-03 at 7.27.55 PM.png

Hi,

We never really said so I guess that leaves it up to me since I lost lol.
I will pay for the Command Rocker for threadcutter lol.

Ciao,
Theis

Yeah, it was a simple bet......THEIS threw down the glove and said the thread was going to be be shut down in short order by the mods. I thought so too, but said "awww, what the hell" and took him up on it. We didn't discuss winnings and I just arbitrarily put a midnight/Saturday night deadline on it to be smothered by the mods. Well, you all know the rest of the story. I never gave serious thought to it possibly going past Saturday.

Hell, I'm always up for a nice prize, but man, the laughs were reward enough. I sat in front of my laptop for 3 hours yesterday, with tears running down my cheeks for most of it. At one point, the new alerts were coming in faster than I could open them. Jesus, I think I got over 50 likes from J alone.......

Maybe for a prize, I'm going to pig pile onto the idea of making that thread a Sticky. I'm thinkin' it should be called the "Epically Epic Super Secret Squirrel" Rant. It's too funny for it to disappear into obscurity.

I'm balls deep in on the flask, so to speak. WHO doesn't need another flask? :LOL:
I'm waiting for the Super Secret Squirrel Operator as Fuck popcorn bucket . To go with the next thread . In fact I think I'm going to qork 9n my Epic Thread Loadout .

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
Awakened early pinned down between miniature spy of my own and a beautiful seductrous.
Awated until the spy awoke and departed the area to play or watch TV and then spent some time interrogating afore mentioned smokin hot spy lady. Performed necessary searches to ensure my own safety.

Then moved out and dined with said two females. After a late breakfast, did a few things around the house and took the young spy to the park so she could play with her friends.
Now, I taste the delightful hops of a Great Divide Brewing IPA.....

Last edited:
SSSS + Super Sneaky Sound System Shit . Instructions for my AO arrived in a blank envelope , but
I had to eat them before reading . It’s ok though , I had a SSSS before work ( shit, shave , shower ,
spank ) so I’m good to go . Now back to logging the wind , which as we all know is created by the
trees waving around , sneaky fuckers ...

Holy shit. I didn't know Tuck brought back all pappacockgobblers deleted posts before he nailed it shut. OH BABY! Never have I been so glad Frank took away our ability to delete our own threads. Thanks Tucker! STICKY STICKE STICKEY :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The last two weekends, I spent taking care of my lady who had her ATFL surgically repaired after taking a bad sprain on it in Afghanistan last year. That's right papacockgazer, even my girlfriend has more time in a combat zone than you do. Anyhow, she is beyond the bad swelling and required constant elevating part of recovery, I don't have to play male nurse anymore, so we got on the road for some fun this weekend.

We dealt with some nasty traffic in Custer State Park yesterday.
View attachment 6909538

Then today we went scouting in the plains for a hideout as cool as @Bender has. I think I found a winner, public land and all...
View attachment 6909540

Ribeyes will go on the grill this PM. Cubs swept the Mets, all in all, a good weekend.
You got some skweeker dogs there? I’ll show you what to do with them!

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
I am greatly envious of you. I'd LOVE to have an S1000RR!!

I've got church, but aside from that the plan is to knock out some classwork (finally finishing my Associates online) and relax. The past few weeks have been a rollercoaster from hell, and with the wife gone for the weekend, I can unwind and watch movies she's not as fond of. Maybe you guys can help me narrow my choices down, if you feel so inclined. I'm thinking one of the following:

-Gran Torino
-American Sniper
-Shutter Island
-Platoon (never seen it)
-Public Enemies
-Unforgiven (never seen it)
-The Untouchables (never seen it)

Definitely Unforgiven, gotta see that. How did grow up NOT seeing that? Platoon is a good one too but not as good as Full Metal Jacket IMO. Fuck Untouchables, it's okay but Public Enemies is the SHIT! "Halt, Floyd!"

Definitely Unforgiven, gotta see that. How did grow up NOT seeing that? Platoon is a good one too but not as good as Full Metal Jacket IMO. Fuck Untouchables, it's okay but Public Enemies is the SHIT! "Halt, Floyd!"

I made a bit if a departure from my plans and got Logan at a RedBox. It did not disappoint!

Unforgiven is at the top of my list for tomorrow though. ;) Already have FMJ, seen it a million times and will see it another million with pleasure!

Reactions: RNWRKNP
You got some skweeker dogs there? I’ll show you what to do with them!
Not a lot out, but it was midday and I think it may have a bit of pressure on it already. I need to get with some of the ranchers to see if they'll let me play on their land with the air rifle and rimfires. Spooked up a few coyotes out there too, didn't have the camera ready and they were on the run about 500+ out.

DSC01075.JPG

Careful @Redmanss , once one rancher gets happy with a local "pest control" person's results, the word spreads. :) Next thing you know, everyone is asking when you can come out and "clean out the pastures" for them. A few buddies and me started 10 years back on a small 200 acre ranch, helping an SBU guy out (he was deployed, and his wife was having issues with the cattle stepping in holes). Next thing you know, we're hunting 10,000+ acre spreads, and getting asked what dates we'll be out the following year.

For us, .223's and .20 Tac/Prac's rule the roost for those little vermin.

Careful @Redmanss , once one rancher gets happy with a local "pest control" person's results, the word spreads. Next thing you know, everyone is asking when you can come out and "clean out the pastures" for them. A few buddies and me started 10 years back on a small 200 acre ranch, helping an SBU guy out (he was deployed, and his wife was having issues with the cattle stepping in holes). Next thing you know, we're hunting 10,000+ acre spreads, and getting asked what dates we'll be out the following year.

For us, .223's and .20 Tac/Prac's rule the roost for those little vermin.
Sign me up... me and Redmass can meet in the middle and lay waste, stack bodies like cord wood, cut fence and sort some bastards out... if you catch what I’m laying down....

I saw a ranch that has thousands of them. I figured if I run out on public land, I’ll go ask them..... actually some ranches down here want you to pay, or have actual guides that bring out people for big money....

I don’t have time for that shit.

Reactions: 1J04 and RNWRKNP
I'm sitting on 5k rounds of 17HMR and a 1517 Annie that's feeling neglected, another 5k of Eley Club for it's 1710 cousin. Cheaper to feed them than the MK12 or the .260, but I have good stocks to feed them if need be.

A lot of the towns here are right next to the highway, active grazing pasture that's hard to thin while staying safe and legal for shooting near a highway or while the herd is on them. I'd love to do that work with the air rifle just for the challenge in the wind, but I'd need something better than the RWS 48 as I don't want that much exercise working a single shot springer all day. I just need to get a face to face with these guys and introduce myself. There's lots of opportunities here to shoot vermin, including those who pay for coyote eradication where I'll gladly do it for free.

Yep, that was our biggest obstacle; land owners trusting you not to in inadvertently shoot their cattle via a ricochet or skyline shot. The first couple times at each ranch, the owners would swing by to chat (i.e. check us out for safety concerns). Each and every time, they'd roll up, see the carbon fiber tripods, lawn chairs, LRF's, boxes of handloaded ammo and chassis'ed rifles, and without exception, everyone of them said something to the effect of "Um, wow. You guys are serious about this aren't you?" We'd always respond with something to the effect of "All shooting is serious, especially when on someone else's property and around their live stock. We make every effort to ensure we don't betray the trust you put on us, by allowing us to hunt you property." After that, usually we get a honk and/or a wave as we pass through the cattle gates (always calling first to let them know we were planning on being out in such and such pasture for the day, and asking if there were any conflicts like fire hazards, non-owner livestock, etc.).

Another thing we did was make business cards (learned that one from old "Varmint Al" back in the day). When you're done for the day, if you stop and chat, you leave a few business cards, and ask them that if they're happy with the work you've done, if they could pass along the cards to other ranchers that might need their vermin also taken care of, since most hate using poison (but do as a last resort). It's been my experience most ranchers just want them culled back, and if they can do it safely, and without poison, they're more than happy to have you there.

Last edited:
One of the best things about air rifle is access to areas that its not wise to shoot firearms. You guys are giving my a hankering too. We usually get some numbers when farmers and ranchers see us fueling up with our shooting benches in the back of the pickup. Its getting to where everybody charges to shoot their prairie dogs out here. I say keep them. I will go hang steel and shoot at it. Or find someone else.

Reactions: Bender and RNWRKNP
Yep, that was are biggest obstacle; land owners trusting you not to in inadvertently shoot their cattle via a ricochet or skyline shot. The first couple times at each ranch, the owners would swing by to chat (i.e. check us out for safety concerns). Each and every time, they'd roll up, see the carbon fiber tripods, lawn chairs, LRF's, boxes of handloaded ammo and chassis'ed rifles, and without exception, everyone of them said something to the effect of "Um, wow. You guys are serious about this aren't you?" We'd always respond with something to the effect of "All shooting is serious, especially when on someone else's property and around their live stock. We make every effort to ensure we don't betray the trust you put on us, by allowing us to hunt you property." After that, usually we get a honk and/or a wave as we pass through the cattle gates (always calling first to let them know we were planning on being out in such and such pasture for the day, and asking if there were any conflicts like fire hazards, non-owner livestock, etc.).

Another thing we did was make business cards (learned that one from old "Varmint Al" back in the day). When you're done for the day, if you stop and chat, you leave a few business cards, and ask them that if they're happy with the work you've done, if they could pass along the cards to other ranchers that might need their vermin also taken care of, since most hate using poison (but do as a last resort). It's been my experience most ranchers just want them culled back, and if they can do it safely, and without poison, they're more than happy to have you there.

Pop does pretty much as you describe. Developed relationships over the years with ranchers in the Canyon City Colorado area and he no longer has to look for prairie dogs. They call him and he is hell on wheels with a 22-250?

I have a hell of a lot of land in northern Utah I can go hunt but they made prairie dogs illegal. Anybody in Utah know if they recinded that?

Edit:
Not just state protected but now federally protected in Utah ?

Last edited:
Sign me up... me and Redmass can meet in the middle and lay waste, stack bodies like cord wood, cut fence and sort some bastards out... if you catch what I’m laying down....
Actually, where we hunt is about an hour to an hour and a half from you (eastern MT) IIRC.

Doh! My geography of Wyoming sucks (apparently). I just know the local radio station we listen to while in the basement reloading is out of Cheyenne. We're outta Hardin, MT.

Reactions: Bender
I have a hell of a lot of land in northern Utah I can go hunt but they made prairie dogs illegal. Anybody in Utah know if they recinded that?

Edit:

lol seriously?

Yet we get paid to shoot coyotes?

Reactions: Bender
lol seriously?

Yet we get paid to shoot coyotes?

Started years ago. Went back for a family reunion on the ranch and when I asked my aunt about it she said “ Oh now James, just kick a little dirt over’m kid.....it’ll be fine”?

Started years ago. Went back for a family reunion on the ranch and when I asked my aunt about it she said “ Oh now James, just kick a little dirt over’m kid.....it’ll be fine”?

Hah, sophistication is burying prairie dogs...

Reactions: RNWRKNP

Edit:
It's specifically the "Utah Prairie Dog" species that's federally protected and they are only found in southwest Utah, the prohibited counties for PD hunting are from Sanpete/Mallard south, so nowhere in northern Utah is there a ban. Check the hunting regs here, page 30 for Prairie dogs, season opens back up June 15: https://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2017_pdfs/2017-18_upland-turkey_low.pdf

It's specifically the "Utah Prairie Dog" species that's federally protected and they are only found in southwest Utah, the prohibited counties for PD hunting are from Sanpete/Mallard south, so nowhere in northern Utah is there a ban. Check the hunting regs here, page 30 for Prairie dogs, season opens back up June 15: https://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2017_pdfs/2017-18_upland-turkey_low.pdf

Appreciate that! Looks like Wilson is getting a scope mounted up and doing some damage come the end of the month. 69g SMK love’n?

No problem. When in doubt, check the regs and with DNR. I'm a stickler for abiding by the rules when hunting and fishing, the last thing I ever want to do is get on the wrong side of DNR where I can lose my hunting and shooting rights. I keep a copy of the rulebook with me whenever I'm out in the bush.

I grew up shooting P-Dogs in Utah (I'm originally from Sanpete), we called them "Potguts", could easily clear 30 a day with my 10/22 on irons up on the mountain, I can only imagine what I could have done with a good AR like I have today. It's a shame you can't shoot them there right now, but it's still game the fuck on for rockchucks. My 86 y/o grandma there still gets a couple-few of those every week, they keep tearing up her garden. Don't ever mess with an old lady's garden when she has a 1903 that's dead nuts accurate in her hands.

No problem. When in doubt, check the regs and with DNR. I'm a stickler for abiding by the rules when hunting and fishing, the last thing I ever want to do is get on the wrong side of DNR where I can lose my hunting and shooting rights. I keep a copy of the rulebook with me whenever I'm out in the bush.

I grew up shooting P-Dogs in Utah (I'm originally from Sanpete), we called them "Potguts", could easily clear 30 a day with my 10/22 on irons up on the mountain, I can only imagine what I could have done with a good AR like I have today. It's a shame you can't shoot them there right now, but it's still game the fuck on for rockchucks. My 86 y/o grandma there still gets a couple-few of those every week, they keep tearing up her garden. Don't ever mess with an old lady's garden when she has a 1903 that's dead nuts accurate in her hands.

Same same when it comes to the law. Your gramma is the awesome??. Pick a spot in Rich County and I probably have access. Let alone our property there’s everybody else’s that I went to high school with that now run operations. Last trip back through I detoured into Manti National because I was tired of watching the freeway. Cut into my timeline but I didn’t care cuz it’s absolutely beautiful! You ever get up North?

Haven't been back to Utah in five years, result of living in the east for a long time and life getting in the way otherwise. I'm now in NW WY as of February, and I'll be in UT next month for a family reunion. We never went north side of the state too much, my adventures north ended on the lake for duck/swan hunting, was too poor to leave town for much else that we couldn't already get from the Uintas south, and we never cared for SLC traffic if we could avoid it. Come to think of it, I've never been north of Ogden for the air show or to get some pipe we leased to the AF there. Classic case of my dad waited until we were all grown and on our own to take a sailing trip on Bear Lake, if that don't beat all...

Manti-Lasalle NF is my favorite, many great memories of catching fish and snowmobiling up there. I've taken Fairview Canyon Rd enough I could damn near drive it blindfolded. My cousin tried it once with the lights out, he got the lesson of "First rule of driving is keep the greasy side down." I used the excuse of "Price's Walmart is better than ours" as a reason to drive over the mountain, just to drive over the mountain. As much as I love each and every National Park in the state, they're not home like boring old Sanpete.

Utah is in my heart, love the air there but didn't want to deal with the rest of the "atmosphere" anymore. I found what I'm looking for in WY, it's becoming home pretty dang quick.

Reactions: RNWRKNP and Bender
Haven't been back to Utah in five years, result of living in the east for a long time and life getting in the way otherwise. I'm now in NW WY as of February, and I'll be in UT next month for a family reunion. We never went north side of the state too much, my adventures north ended on the lake for duck/swan hunting, was too poor to leave town for much else that we couldn't already get from the Uintas south, and we never cared for SLC traffic if we could avoid it. Come to think of it, I've never been north of Ogden for the air show or to get some pipe we leased to the AF there. Classic case of my dad waited until we were all grown and on our own to take a sailing trip on Bear Lake, if that don't beat all...

Manti-Lasalle NF is my favorite, many great memories of catching fish and snowmobiling up there. I've taken Fairview Canyon Rd enough I could damn near drive it blindfolded. My cousin tried it once with the lights out, he got the lesson of "First rule of driving is keep the greasy side down." I used the excuse of "Price's Walmart is better than ours" as a reason to drive over the mountain, just to drive over the mountain. As much as I love each and every National Park in the state, they're not home like boring old Sanpete.

Utah is in my heart, love the air there but didn't want to deal with the rest of the "atmosphere" anymore. I found what I'm looking for in WY, it's becoming home pretty dang quick.
Moab and arches area down to Mexican hat area is my DisneyLand. Well, in the fall or spring. It gets hot!

We don't have prairie dogs here in Pa. but we have a metric fuck ton o ground hogs

Oriental Groundhog:

Ingredients:

1.1 groundhog
2. 2 quarts water
3. ¼ cup salt
4. ½ cup soy sauce
5. 2 whole cloves garlic
6. 1 whole pepper
7. ¼ onion
8. 2 tablespoon mild chile powder
9. ¼ bunch whole parsley
10. 4 beef bouillon cubes
11. ¼ teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
12. 1 cup beef or chicken broth
13. Teriyaki glaze

Instructions:

Cut meat into pieces and let soak in 1 quart water and salt for three hours. Transfer groundhog to 1 quart fresh water and soak 4 hours. Drain and dry meat. Place meat in a baking pan with broth, soy sauce, garlic cloves, pepper, onion, Chile powder, parsley, bullion cubes, and white pepper. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half. Baste frequently and finish with teriyaki glaze.

West mountain range above Bear Lake. Like you, it will always be home but not where I hang my hat. Go back about every three years to visit with folks I know aren’t long for this world. When I’m done there’s a spot on the hill there for me too. Miss the skying, snowmobiles, fishing and hunting but I damn sure don’t miss the skeeters? Straight up world class deamons from hell.???
4B404A37-551B-41B9-AF4E-2655012DA86D.jpeg1C181578-6C09-42C5-A51C-8EC0F3499838.jpeg7B200634-00B8-411B-860B-A3CE40042BB9.jpeg

Oriental Groundhog:

Ingredients:

1.1 groundhog
2. 2 quarts water
3. ¼ cup salt
4. ½ cup soy sauce
5. 2 whole cloves garlic
6. 1 whole pepper
7. ¼ onion
8. 2 tablespoon mild chile powder
9. ¼ bunch whole parsley
10. 4 beef bouillon cubes
11. ¼ teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
12. 1 cup beef or chicken broth
13. Teriyaki glaze

Instructions:

Cut meat into pieces and let soak in 1 quart water and salt for three hours. Transfer groundhog to 1 quart fresh water and soak 4 hours. Drain and dry meat. Place meat in a baking pan with broth, soy sauce, garlic cloves, pepper, onion, Chile powder, parsley, bullion cubes, and white pepper. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half. Baste frequently and finish with teriyaki glaze.

You are the man!????