• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Super Fast Handgun Shooting

Centuriator

Dude...you're being very un-Dude.
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2012
Middle 'Merica!
You can run me, you can starve me, you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me. - Gunny Highway

OK, you magnificent basterds..here is a video of me putting the STI International Trigger group through its paces. 21 rounds in 3.12 seconds. Say what you want. I can take it. But, I'll be impressed if you put up a video with a shot timer showing you putting 21 rounds downrage faster. :)

Zy36CDQ.jpg

Ya know if you do that with a Benelli, you’ll rattle every booger in your face loose.....be the best nose blow you’ll have in years. Just saying.

I won a match by missing faster once.

I am a champion.

That's a lot of lead down range. Speaks wonders for the pistol also. I once saw a photo of a guy who works for POF, still firing on target, with 4 or 5 shells in air visible in the photo. Ar rifle, not a pistol, but still savage trigger control.

Can't play the vid . Your grp looks good from what I see and you've got very good purchas on the pistol . Some bend epbows a bit in that stance and I've found 8f you uave enough mass it doesn't matter. So long as you're loading the spring with your trigger hand thumb and zqueezing sky is the limit on speed . If you're hittin you're hittin . Even Jerry Miculek covers the whole steel plate with impacts . They are still hits . If your gonna run crazy fast run zipper drills . Starting at pelvic girdle and ending at the cranial T . Run 4-5 rounds . Travis Haley , Instrurer Zero and the guys from VATA Group all run fast and hit fast . It like anything else is a skill to be honed .
Don't let the slow pokes bring you down .

Fast shooting... question... at a certain age, do you have to start shopping at an old people's store? I'm a ways out, just wanting a heads up.:LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

Watch Ben Stoeger shoot the IDPA classifier. Fast and only like 3 points down.

Meh. Doesn’t seem like the same thing. Seems more like showmanship than athleticism to me.

A few decades ago I went to a big sportsmen's show at the Javits Center in NYC. Really big show, with all the big name gun companies there and if you've never been there, that place is HUGE. I remember Colt was making a big deal about their just-released Delta Elite in 10mm, just to give a time reference, so late 80's probably.
So after having a few dozen guns pointed at me by people in various manufacturer booths (guns all attached with cables, and supposedly disabled so they wouldn't fire, but un-nerving nonetheless), we decide to go watch some of the demonstrations and seminars for a break and a chance to sit down. One of them was Bob Munden. To describe myself as a skeptic starting off would be an understatment, but that guy is just plain amazing. He was shooting balloons with blanks, so a wider miss might still hit, but the speed was incredible. I was disappointed when that little show ended. At one point he drew and fired 3 shots, kind of fanning his revolver, but you seriously could not hear that it was more than a single shot. I left with a different perspective.

He’s fast but at the end of the day he was not even shooting a bullet in that video. He was popping the balloons with the muzzle blast. Not a skill I’m interested in.

Bringing back so old memories here. Another fast shooter was a guy named Joe Walsh. He was a Sargent with the local county sheriff office, and they used to use the range where I shot bullseye for their qualification and some other stuff. So one day he was there trying to re-break his own record for 10 rounds from two revolvers. I don't remember if the original record was with Pythons and Smith wanted the record with their revolvers, or if it was Colt that wanted him to rebreak it using the Pythons, but he was at the range for hours shooting. He'd hold the two revolvers out, slightly canted inward so it was like a single sight picture with both sets of sights at about 4 and 8 o'clock. He'd blast all 10 shots crazy fast, to the point where you couldn't believe he could maintain any kind of accuracy, but on good runs he could cover all 10 shots with his hand. Now admittedly this was close, maybe 7 yards, and this guy had HUGE hands, and his finger positions would change to cover all the shots, but still, he'd do it over and over and over. I think he finally did reset the record, but I wanted to shoot too that day, and they had the range occupied, so I didn't stay long. Pretty sure he passed a long time ago, and not so sure this is even considered a record any more, but I was sure impressed.

something I found on the interwebs about him:

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
He’s fast but at the end of the day he was not even shooting a bullet in that video. He was popping the balloons with the muzzle blast. Not a skill I’m interested in.
You need to watch the second video. He shoots lots of real bullets,

reminds me of a pistol match in Norco California back in 97. paid 50 bucks for the entry fee........100 for gas.....200 for the hotel.
got to the first stage and my 1911 goes full auto. they sent me packin. 350 bucks down the drain ..........

You can run me, you can starve me, you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me. - Gunny Highway

OK, you magnificent basterds..here is a video of me putting the STI International Trigger group through its paces. 21 rounds in 3.12 seconds. Say what you want. I can take it. But, I'll be impressed if you put up a video with a shot timer showing you putting 21 rounds downrage faster. :)

Zy36CDQ.jpg

show off- that's 3 1911 mags
or 2 california mags

Is it really bragging if you’re capable of doing it?

Forget the cliche trope of the martial artist being required to "register his hands as lethal weapons", this man needs to register them as NFA accessories. o_O

He is truly a legend. That kind of performance can only have been obtained from years of nonstop and non-interrupted dedication and sweat.

Was going to get a few small errands done today but spent the whole morning watching and searching for similar videos. You know what happens when a revolver junkie gets his fix... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bender
Ed McGivern was the first fast revolver shooter. I think some of his records still stand. I read his book but it was hard to read. I don't think he had much of an education in the English language or proofreading.

Cracks me up every time I see the STI in print, don't get me wrong I want one, but STI International spelled out is Strayer Tripp International International. That's literally twice as much International as any other multi-national.

Cracks me up every time I see the STI in print, don't get me wrong I want one, but STI International spelled out is Strayer Tripp International International. That's literally twice as much International as any other multi-national.

You, sir, are easily amused. :)

Reactions: kl3309