• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

super trickler

@secondofangle2 - quick question , I did the 2.20 flash this morning - just starting to mess with it - have you turned the laser cup measure on yet ?- think first thing I'm gonna play with , I will say though that I have never had an issue with it not being used , its just that its there ....... thoughts?

Last edited:
I finally Got mine working with the latest beta update which I think is later than the one you have. It works but still has hiccups. Won’t hurt to try it. Just have to set the lasers as per instructions on the screen. If it hiccups it will tell you cup not empty when it is then go in and adjust the laser distances as needed. If you get frustrated stop, the upcoming updates will solve most problems

Quick question. I haven’t taken the SD card out to look at the files; but if you were to get 2 super tricklers could you drag and drop profiles to the SD cards to quickly share to the 2nd ST?

Customer posted this on the FB page. I like seeing the covers on the equipment.

SuperTrck.jpg

I don't have Facebook but was forwarded this...

Unlikey Gen 1 users would want to upgrade given that shipping would be a nonstarter.

1000009845.png

Reactions: Baron23
yea I saw this.... like I said on that thread too. Technology is outdated the moment you buy it.
If when you wear it out you still love it, and it is still a great offering, then you buy the current model.
... I am scheduled to get mine tomorrow. :)

Reactions: NiteQwill
yea I saw this.... like I said on that thread too. Technology is outdated the moment you buy it.
If when you wear it out you still love it, and it is still a great offering, then you buy the current model.
... I am scheduled to get mine tomorrow. :)
There are a bunch of us with the Gen 1 its a masterpiece and once you get your head around the functionality y'all love it .

Reactions: Jefe~
I wager that a future update (I have no knowledge of this, just speculation) will change the vibratory motor so that it is not so highly temperature sensitive as it currently is. That is my only major complaint with the super trick lawyer, that if you set it up in a 70° room and then try to use it in a 20° room your settings won’t work until about 50 throws when the motor starts to warm up and even then they won’t be perfect.

The listed updates for Jenn to do not seem worth it to me to pay $150 and ship the thing back to Denmark. If there are later upgrades which are still compatible with the majority of the apparatus, I might consider sending it back then or if I needed a warranty claim. There are some static issues, but I don’t have any problem with my tube or how it turns.

I wager that a future update (I have no knowledge of this, just speculation) will change the vibratory motor so that it is not so highly temperature sensitive as it currently is. That is my only major complaint with the super trick lawyer, that if you set it up in a 70° room and then try to use it in a 20° room your settings won’t work until about 50 throws when the motor starts to warm up and even then they won’t be perfect.

The listed updates for Jenn to do not seem worth it to me to pay $150 and ship the thing back to Denmark. If there are later upgrades which are still compatible with the majority of the apparatus, I might consider sending it back then or if I needed a warranty claim. There are some static issues, but I don’t have any problem with my tube or how it turns.
Looks like there will be a US based shop for upgrades... So looks like shipping may be more reasonable.

Reactions: Jefe~
when I was watching the updates on the supertrickler Facebook page like 6 months ago there was a video of the super trickler dumping weighted charges right into cases . It looked like a conveyor belt bumping the charge . Did any one else see this or have the video of this ? I can’t seem to find it now . Now that piece of kit will be truly revolutionary .

when I was watching the updates on the supertrickler Facebook page like 6 months ago there was a video of the super trickler dumping weighted charges right into cases . It looked like a conveyor belt bumping the charge . Did any one else see this or have the video of this ? I can’t seem to find it now . Now that piece of kit will be truly revolutionary .
I don’t have a picture of the robot. But this was in the email from them today

Attachments

• 041DA7B2-2FFC-43A6-A762-468B271CF582.jpeg
    041DA7B2-2FFC-43A6-A762-468B271CF582.jpeg
    833 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Herb Stoner
Yes, that video is down further on the page and I have not heard anything other than prototype but that’s why there is that large multi pin port on the back above the one that you use for your data cable. I think that that apparatus is going to be prohibitively, expensive, except for people who do very large volumes, I also think it is going to take a good deal more effort to refine to functionality than the super trickster did.

This is the first time I’ve played with a ball powder, and I don’t even reload CFE 223, but I did it for somebody who asked - I forget if it was in this thread or somewhere else. Anyway, 4.7 seconds average over 50 drops with a 98% success rate. It says 96 but that’s because my son dropped a pair of pliers on the table during the pulse phase and threw it over. not sure what guys are getting with CFE and the ATv4 , but I doubt it’s this good. I say that because if I recall correctly, the autotrickler does better with the small balls LOL
58E4CEF9-E867-43F8-A54D-BDC2FFC94C1F.jpeg
powders

Normal inside room temp 68-72 degrees . Shooting for 12g
I couldn’t find your post and I don’t have CFEBLK but I did CFE 223 with a target of 25.0 as above. Without changing anything but the target charge, I got average under 4 seconds for a drop of 12 grains CFE 223 over 10 drops. I don't think they're optimized for a drop that low (higher error rate) but it's close. If you're having trouble send me your actual settings and I'll see if I can help you tune it up.

Last edited:
Got my ST a couple days ago and finally had a chance to unbox and fire it up.

I have not had a chance to set up the A&D scale I already had, but a quick question to those who've gone through the programming steps.

Is it just the factory reset on pg17 and then the programming on pg18-19 of the manual? The mess of data on pg20-22 may as well be Sumerian :)

ST Manual

Last edited:
Got it unpacked and the A&D scale reset and then configured per the ST instructions.

I grabbed the closest powder to my bench (8208) and started moving through the instructions to throw 26.5gr. I was fed to see how the AI would do and it was 4gr over the first time. When it showed and overthrow and I emptied the cup it just showed a question mark over the desired charge weight and even though auto was selected it wouldn’t throw the next charge until I went back a couple menus and then got back in.

It was closer the next time, but when the vibration started it was t actually dispensing powder. Just vibrating.

Is this the laser cup detection thing messing with me? Do I need to up the vibration power settings?

I know I need to sit down and read the instructions, but I wanted to see how intuitive it was to get up and running sans studying.

It is a bad idea to try to get started without reading the instructions. It is an easy machine to use but it's NOT plug and play.

You have to set the vibrator settings, prime the tubes, etc. I strongly advise you to read the manual.

It takes the AI 10-20 throws to figure out the settings. It is totally normal to be 4 grains over the first throw or two or three.

Got it unpacked and the A&D scale reset and then configured per the ST instructions.

I grabbed the closest powder to my bench (8208) and started moving through the instructions to throw 26.5gr. I was fed to see how the AI would do and it was 4gr over the first time. When it showed and overthrow and I emptied the cup it just showed a question mark over the desired charge weight and even though auto was selected it wouldn’t throw the next charge until I went back a couple menus and then got back in.

It was closer the next time, but when the vibration started it was t actually dispensing powder. Just vibrating.

Is this the laser cup detection thing messing with me? Do I need to up the vibration power settings?

I know I need to sit down and read the instructions, but I wanted to see how intuitive it was to get up and running sans studying.
You need to read the manual. Everything you described will be solved with doing that.

Reactions: secondofangle2
As stated, read the manual at least to some degree. More than likely your small tube didn't even have powder at the end of it yet. It takes a while to get there if you don't prime before starting. I recommend hitting prime tubes first as it goes very quickly. Just know that you have to hit the button again to make it stop priming. Then you're ready to proceed with loading. I definitely recommend learning how to set a profile specific to your load and then let the AI dial it in, then save it. It is cool having a data base of all my loads.

you can also prime your tubes by going into the vibratory settings and running the high and low at the beginning of a session, which is a good habit, especially as they are temperature sensitive, and speed up as they heat up. Indeed, I run mine on the "high" vibratory setting for 150 grains to get it warmed up at the beginning of a session

Reading through the manual now and priming the tubes seems to have been the culprit for no powder coming out when vibrating.

Even without the small tube dropping any powder it was getting to within 2/10ths after 3-4 overthrows with AI.

I just placed order #1477. I have a lightly used V3 and a V4 still in the box. I agonized over moving to the V4 and decided today the ST has far more future proof features and pending enhancements making the ST a better long-term value.

Reading through the manual now and priming the tubes seems to have been the culprit for no powder coming out when vibrating.

Even without the small tube dropping any powder it was getting to within 2/10ths after 3-4 overthrows with AI.

Got the tubes primed last night and it was off to the races. Got on my 23.6gr load within 5-6 throws and only tweaking the vibration settings a little here and there. I haven't done any loading with it, nor any 50 throw marathons for science, but I was getting ~13sec throws with very few overthrows. I won't be using this for 8208, but I wanted to mess with a few different types of powder. Also cool that I was able to save it as a preset so if I do need to hand throw charges for my 77gr .223 load I can pull it up with minimal effort. The ability to save presents is really what drove me to the ST and I'm planning to get profiles for Retumbo and H4350 set up this weekend for my 338LM and 6.5x47L loads, respectively.

The one gripe I have is that I usually load while standing and the clear top of the AT V3 made that doable. Gonna need to get a stool and sit down with the ST, but if that's my only problem then I don't really have any problems :)

Got the tubes primed last night and it was off to the races. Got on my 23.6gr load within 5-6 throws and only tweaking the vibration settings a little here and there. I haven't done any loading with it, nor any 50 throw marathons for science, but I was getting ~13sec throws with very few overthrows. I won't be using this for 8208, but I wanted to mess with a few different types of powder. Also cool that I was able to save it as a preset so if I do need to hand throw charges for my 77gr .223 load I can pull it up with minimal effort. The ability to save presents is really what drove me to the ST and I'm planning to get profiles for Retumbo and H4350 set up this weekend for my 338LM and 6.5x47L loads, respectively.

The one gripe I have is that I usually load while standing and the clear top of the AT V3 made that doable. Gonna need to get a stool and sit down with the ST, but if that's my only problem then I don't really have any problems :)
Yeah I now do my powder dispensing sitting at a desk. Helps to be able to see the tubes. In-line Fabrication needs to make a stand to raise it up to eye level on a bench.

Reactions: towerofpower93
The one gripe I have is that I usually load while standing and the clear top of the AT V3 made that doable. Gonna need to get a stool and sit down with the ST, but if that's my only problem then I don't really have any problems
Same here. It is enough to make me consider an elevated platform for the unit to get the ergonomics improved.
As long as the support isn't really flimsy or unstable, the scale seems to tolerate the vibration form the ST well enough that my guess is a raised platform isn't going to turn into a research project.

Reactions: towerofpower93
Same I use the area 419 cover

Same here. It is enough to make me consider an elevated platform for the unit to get the ergonomics improved.
As long as the support isn't really flimsy or unstable, the scale seems to tolerate the vibration form the ST well enough that my guess is a raised platform isn't going to turn into a research project.
That is what I did. Mine is on a shelf that is attached directly to the wall studs.

Attachments

• Elevated.jpg
    Elevated.jpg
    784 KB · Views: 70
Got my ST a couple days ago and finally had a chance to unbox and fire it up.

I have not had a chance to set up the A&D scale I already had, but a quick question to those who've gone through the programming steps.

Is it just the factory reset on pg17 and then the programming on pg18-19 of the manual? The mess of data on pg20-22 may as well be Sumerian :)

ST Manual
I did the factory reset( was running a V4). (edit, left out these steps following the factory reset,#1-#26 page 17&18) Did a profile for N555 the other night. So last night I loaded 50 rnds of 6.5CM with N555 and brass I already had prepped and primed. 25 minutes for all 50 including seating the bullets. Charge times ranged from 8-10 seconds. Usually got 15 to 20 without an over throw and even then it was only one kernel of powder. I am digging the ST. Tonight I am doing a profile for Varget.

Last edited:
I did the factory reset( was running a V4). Did a profile for N555 the other night. So last night I loaded 50 rnds of 6.5CM with N555 and brass I already had prepped and primed. 25 minutes for all 50 including seating the bullets. Charge times ranged from 8-10 seconds. Usually got 15 to 20 without an over throw and even then it was only one kernel of powder. I am digging the ST. Tonight I am doing a profile for Varget.
Try these, here, and pasted below: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/supertrickler-settings-thread.7156002/

VARGET 25 grains; 20 drops no failures average time 5.8 seconds
It also seems to work for 44 grains with average ~7seconds and 5% failure rate.

Bulk:

100% motor
500 ms
1200 mA
Inflight 6.5/6.7
setpont offset 0.8 grains
stable time 350 ms

Fine:
High/Low speed 100/59%
Ramp down 0.30 gr/Inflight 0.35/0.35gr
Stable time 384ms

Pulse:
Speed 70%
Pulse on 130/ Pulse off 300ms
cautious time 700ms

This is the first time I’ve played with a ball powder, and I don’t even reload CFE 223, but I did it for somebody who asked - I forget if it was in this thread or somewhere else. Anyway, 4.7 seconds average over 50 drops with a 98% success rate. It says 96 but that’s because my son dropped a pair of pliers on the table during the pulse phase and threw it over. not sure what guys are getting with CFE and the ATv4 , but I doubt it’s this good. I say that because if I recall correctly, the autotrickler does better with the small balls LOLView attachment 8067624 powders

Curious, so I just ran 50 charges of CFE223. It depends on how you measure drops... does the Supertrickler include scale settling in it's time?

The ATv4 averaged 6.53 secs (8.6 if you include scale settling time) with 2 drops of 25.04. 43/50 were either 24.98 or 25.00.

Anything under 15-20 seconds will be so fast that it will no longer be a speed constraint for me, so I won't be upgrading. But it looks a little better thought out... One thing about the ATv4 that bugs me is that you can't save settings/profiles.

Curious, so I just ran 50 charges of CFE223. It depends on how you measure drops... does the Supertrickler include scale settling in it's time?

The ATv4 averaged 6.53 secs (8.6 if you include scale settling time) with 2 drops of 25.04. 43/50 were either 24.98 or 25.00.

Anything under 15-20 seconds will be so fast that it will no longer be a speed constraint for me, so I won't be upgrading. But it looks a little better thought out... One thing about the ATv4 that bugs me is that you can't save settings/profiles.
The ST measures from the time it starts dispensing/motor turning, until the "final stablization time" (which I have set at 1 second). It does not count the time it takes the cup to settle to zero before it automatically begins dispensing. But it does give you spot on accurate times from the computer integrated with the scale.

How do you kknow the ATV4 "averaged 6.53 seconds"? How is that measured over 50 rounds? Or are you taking the time you started minus the time you finished and dividing by 50?

The ST measures from the time it starts dispensing/motor turning, until the "final stablization time" (which I have set at 1 second). It does not count the time it takes the cup to settle to zero before it automatically begins dispensing. But it does give you spot on accurate times from the computer integrated with the scale.

How do you kknow the ATV4 "averaged 6.53 seconds"? How is that measured over 50 rounds? Or are you taking the time you started minus the time you finished and dividing by 50?

I know because I timed every drop to the millisecond using video/audio analysis. The ATv4 takes a little over a second from the scale zero before it starts, and waits a bit at the end before it gives the green light. That's all collected in the "Diff" column.

ObsWeightTime MotorTime SettleDiff
Avg.24.996.538.602.07
Stdev.0.01661.31491.24760.6673
Count 24.9828
Count 25.0015
Count 25.025
Count 25.042

Wow, that's awesome man. I'll time the initial stabalization time tonight when I'm home for the ST. I know the "final stable time" is 1.0 seconds (I set it) but that's included in the total drop time.

A new beta update I tested tonight for about 500 drops shaved 20% - more than a full second off AR-Comp drop times. Nothing short of amazing for an incremental improvement.

We're talking about taking drop times from 7.5 seconds to under 6 seconds with IMPROVED accuracy.

I'm not sure you guys understand how talented the developers are, and how unceasingly they are working to improve an already superior product.

Good things seem to never stop coming, my friends. You will be pleased, I promise you.

Attachments

• FE100A3A-7186-4609-B2BA-B51EC5375DF5.jpeg
    FE100A3A-7186-4609-B2BA-B51EC5375DF5.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 40
A new beta update I tested tonight for about 500 drops shaved 20% - more than a full second off AR-Comp drop times. Nothing short of amazing for an incremental improvement.

We're talking about taking drop times from 7.5 seconds to under 6 seconds with IMPROVED accuracy.

I'm not sure you guys understand how talented the developers are, and how unceasingly they are working to improve an already superior product.

Good things seem to never stop coming, my friends. You will be pleased, I promise you.
What’s this tweaking - 2.2 is pretty adjustable , things keep getting better and better…

What’s this tweaking - 2.2 is pretty adjustable , things keep getting better and better…
There is a totally new “dithering time” setting (v weak, weak, nl, strong, v strong) and a “slow lock inflight zero”. Former has a massive improvement on pulse performance, latter let’s you set the fine tube to a constant trickle and skip pulse altogether. I haven’t tried it yet. Seems like it would only work with the small powders but I’ll experiment tonight.

Totally amazing stuff.

Reactions: dttheliman
There is a totally new “dithering time” setting (v weak, weak, nl, strong, v strong) and a “slow lock inflight zero”. Former has a massive improvement on pulse performance, latter let’s you set the fine tube to a constant trickle and skip pulse altogether. I haven’t tried it yet. Seems like it would only work with the small powders but I’ll experiment tonight.

Totally amazing stuff.
Literally reasons like this are why the V4.5 (V4 + IP) have moved of my bench , and are rapidly becoming a part of the "do I really need this" pile

Literally reasons like this are why the V4.5 (V4 + IP) have moved of my bench , and are rapidly becoming a part of the "do I really need this" pile
Yeah, that's tempting me. I love the IP though. It works so dang well, it's just hard to justify switching to anything else. It literally never overthrows. The advancements with the ST is really impressive though and makes it very tempting .

Yeah, that's tempting me. I love the IP though. It works so dang well, it's just hard to justify switching to anything else. It literally never overthrows. The advancements with the ST is really impressive though and makes it very tempting .
I agree with this, I have the V3+IP and it is flawless. Huge improvement over the original tricklers.. I am however intrigued with the ST and all its many settings...

I agree with this, I have the V3+IP and it is flawless. Huge improvement over the original tricklers.. I am however intrigued with the ST and all its many settings...
I think I'm going to wait for gen 2 of the Super Trickler- then I will jump on the train. There really is no reason for me to switch again and the IP is super fast and zero overthrows. You can also literally release a single ball if you are ocd and want your scale to read exactly the same every single throw, which it does with 4350 all by itself.

Reactions: ICU22250
The V3 with the ingenuity precision sounds pretty good guys. I’m not going to debate the relative merits of it versus the super trickler, but only say that once the super trick layer becomes the standard, it may be hard to get rid of some of the previous equipment and get your money back out of it

Reactions: StaveyIL