• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

super trickler

A power conditioner serves to regulate the frequency, voltage, and phase of A/C power from the wall or grid.

Power from the grid will generally have frequency drift over time within specified limits, as well as a voltage variation from the standard spec (in the US) of 120v AC. The phase will also shift as various loads are added and removed from the grid, with devices constantly turning on and off. The power companies do their best to balance the loads and compensate for changes, but it's impossible to keep up on that large of a scale in real-time since the changes are not perfectly predictable.

The power conditioner takes this slightly variable input from the grid and "conditions" it to maintain a steady 120v/60Hz AC (or whatever the specified output is) even as its input power sees frequency, phase, or voltage drift. As long as the grid doesn't experience some catastrophic issues causing it to shift voltage/frequency/phase dramatically outside the norm, the power conditioner can accept the varying input while providing a constant output with only a small power draw/loss inside the conditioner itself.

Anyone got a link to the device folks are using?

Reactions: NoDopes
Anyone got a link to the device folks are using?
You can't go wrong with any of the offerings from Furman, available both in a rack format and as something similar to a surge protector that you just plug into any old outlet. Just note that their SS-6B power strip has relatively minimal filtration/actual power conditioning and is mostly a surge protector, whereas the PST-8 and PST-8 DIG provide more robust filtering.

That said, for the average user the filtering present in the SS-6B is more than sufficient unless you've got some insanely large capacitive or inductive loads on the same circuit as your scale. Even if you do have those loads on the same circuit it still won't affect things enough to cause measurable differences in your loaded ammunition (as I mentioned earlier, you'll likely see a +/- 0.04gr variance at the most) but keeping it on a separate circuit from noisy appliances (dryers, AC, heaters, fridge, gaming/workstation computers with heavy current draw) is just a general best practice and provides peace of mind.

You can't go wrong with any of the offerings from Furman, available both in a rack format and as something similar to a surge protector that you just plug into any old outlet. Just note that their SS-6B power strip has relatively minimal filtration/actual power conditioning and is mostly a surge protector, whereas the PST-8 and PST-8 DIG provide more robust filtering.

That said, for the average user the filtering present in the SS-6B is more than sufficient unless you've got some insanely large capacitive or inductive loads on the same circuit as your scale. Even if you do have those loads on the same circuit it still won't affect things enough to cause measurable differences in your loaded ammunition (as I mentioned earlier, you'll likely see a +/- 0.04gr variance at the most) but keeping it on a separate circuit from noisy appliances (dryers, AC, heaters, fridge, gaming/workstation computers with heavy current draw) is just a general best practice and provides peace of mind.
I’m on a separate circuit in my reloading room - only other things running on the same circuit is my computer and printer but on another outlet. For lighting I use LEDs and those are on another circuit. I ended up with a Furman M8x2 rack mounted unit because my brother in law does AV work and happened to have one to give me for free.

Unfortunately, this is getting off topic.

@ThePretzel you’ve made your point with posted data and such. @orkan has decided how he’s willing to respond. Regardless of anyone’s intentions, it’s just deteriorating.

So, let’s take any further discussion to PM’s before things get any more personal, por favor.

Thanks

I noticed that the super trickled is no longer on the area419 website. Did something change? What’s the timeline. Went through the thread and it certainly seems like a great device

Reactions: SpotterUp
Still there if you use the search bar.

With the availability shortage they reported on electronics, they likely just made it harder to find to cut down on the what I’m sure are daily inquiries about it.

If it's on-topic enough, I'd love to understand how funnel setup/'powder column' affects load dynamics. Perhaps I'm just misreading that above.

Reactions: Sebrock
Your reading comprehension is even crappier than your blatantly false claims. I specifically said the Prometheus does NOT have any sort of drop tube effect, because the powder is released from below the top of the funnel. If you use an ATV3 and drop your powder from even flush with the top of the funnel you get more of a drop tube effect, and if you use an ATV3 with a drop tube you actually get a real drop tube effect because you actually used a drop tube.

As you can clearly see in the photo below, the Prometheus drops powder from below the top of the funnel negating any potential "drop tube effect" exactly like I said above.
View attachment 7766237

Also, you want to talk about powder kernels scattered everywhere while pretending the Prometheus never has that? The Prometheus scatters so much powder that Brand has to specifically tell people not to use pressurized air to clean it out. You, of all people, should know this because Brand posted the info on your own damn forum website! https://forums.gunhive.com/topic/3722/cleaning-scale-and-inside-of-housing

This is how a Prometheus looks inside after loading about 200 rounds with Varget gunpowder.

View attachment 7766234

No you don't, you sell products for a living. People who shoot for a living get paid specifically to shoot, and they also compete (and win) matches. Living on a range just means you've got a well-sized pasture of prairie dogs out back, which is not too different from many shooters here. Funny enough, your second business is actually an IT services company (operated from the exact same address as Primal Rights) that most sources peg as having higher revenue than your shooting-related business. You can't make claims about software engineering being irrelevant to shooting when you yourself are operating an IT business, especially when I have gone into detail about how my job is literally to determine the effects of changing variables in systems filled with lots of external noise.

All that is besides the point however. Cut the shit and either provide some arguments and data to back up your claims or quit spouting off nonsense. You claim you want to teach and mentor shooters, here's your chance to prove it. I'm very interested in seeing what you believe is different about identical charges measured via Prometheus vs other methods, but you don't seem to be very interested in actually explaining or defending it beyond making ad-hominem attacks that are hilariously ironic themselves.
Thank you so much for pulling down the curtain and exposing the wizard, and for not getting sucked into his rhetorical tropes including straw man arguments, ad hominem, etc. ("So you're calling me a liar, huh?" - pretty sophomoric disputation if you ask me.) And for responding to that bluster and boisterous nonsense with reasoned answers and actual data and photos.

I'll take "evidence-based (or, the odious to orkan word "theoretical") reloading" over his "eminence-based reloading" (It's so because I'm so and so and I said so!), thank you very much.

Damn.. I have been perfectly happy with my V3 but this shit got me pondering life decisions. I might have to free up $600 down the line. I'd like to see a video of it operating but I'm not on FB

Damn.. I have been perfectly happy with my V3 but this shit got me pondering life decisions. I might have to free up $600 down the line. I'd like to see a video of it operating but I'm not on FB
Yeah I don't do fb anymore either. I'd love to see the thing in operation. I emailed the guy and he responded a while back, I bet he would send me an emailed video. He was really nice.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Honestly seems whichever one is harder to knock out of alignment as you move around the loading bench is probably the winner.

Isn't Orkan associated with Travis Stevens at TS Customs? His posts on here make me not want to spend any of my money, or have any business dealings whatsoever with anyone associated with Primal Rights in any shape or form.
No idea, but Travis is a fantastic, humble man whose work is impeccable.

No idea, but Travis is a fantastic, humble man whose work is impeccable.
I've heard the same from many, seen his stuff hammer at distance, and observed the excellent attention to detail. (y)

Orkan sells TS customs barrels yes no secret there. And you are not the first to recognize that his personality - er, shall we call them quirks - make him notoriously difficult to deal with at times. But I don’t know if Travis deserves guild by association

NoDopes, thanks for posting those videos!

1. I love the color puce. It will match my toaster nicely.
2. Holy shit, the Superfiller! I never even imagined something like that. That thing's awesome, and I predict that the 'Hide is going to lose its collective shit when that comes out.
3. His workshop's amazing. It reminds me of Dr. Frankenstein. I think I saw a lightning rod that needs struck before the Superfiller comes alive.

Looks like area419 is dropping the project according to the designer. Component shortages and such is the reason given. He seems to be attempting to move forward on his own.

Just an FYI for anyone waiting for the 419 version before buying an auto trickler and what not.

Isn't Orkan associated with Travis Stevens at TS Customs? His posts on here make me not want to spend any of my money, or have any business dealings whatsoever with anyone associated with Primal Rights in any shape or form.
Orkan commissions TS Customs on a lot of his builds, barrels, gunsmithing work. If you buying from Orkan he will ensure the quality is up to his standards, test your gun, build a load, break it in, whatever you want to pay him to do. They are separate companies and are not affiliated. I have commissioned several builds from both and both are fantastic to deal with. Both extremely knowledgeable, willing to listen and help with whatever application you need. Most importantly, they both answer the phone when you call. When I was just getting started in reloading I was using another smith and came across Orkan's company and gave him a call, he was more than happy to walk me through the basics over several hours. Since then we have had many conversations and he has never lead me in the wrong direction.
Travis's work is flawless, his attention to detail is the best I've seen and his rifle's flat out perform. He would have to be flawless to satisfy Orkan's standards. Usually when Orkan gets irritated is when some one is trying to tell others something that they have never tested, proven or even have a clue and is just flat out wrong.
Just my 2 cents

Too bad about the Supertrickler. The biggest problem with the AT, and I haven't tried V4 yet, is that they were unable to reduce the size of the platen, so any spill gets "counted" and that the reaching in and around is kind of annoying. It looked like the Supertrickler fixed that in a similar way to the chargemaster, that the functional platen is no larger than the cup.

I guess all of the problem is having to work with the physical architecture of the scale, unlike the Chargemaster or Matchmaster, which has the budget to create an ergonomic product, but apparently not one with the level of precision, though I guess the Matchmaster, which I also have not tried, is pretty close.

This looks fantastic!

Maybe another company will help to produce/market them here. If they are near the AT V4 price, I'm all in to beta test!

You don't have to be a member to see the videos on FuckBook.

I'm not holding my breath; these things take time. My V4 should be up and running for a year before the Supertrickler is seen in the wild, I'll wager.

Got my V4 and compared to the speed that this thing is dropping at I'll switch if it materializes. I've posted my speeds in the V4 thread, and from the video the Super Trickler is *much* faster.....

I'm not holding my breath; these things take time. My V4 should be up and running for a year before the Supertrickler is seen in the wild, I'll wager.

The V4 is tunable for both speed of each funnel and transition delta. You can also tweak the angle to adjust the large throw speed and validate with calibration. I'm pretty sure you can match exactly what's in that video with the V4. Notice, it overthrow 1 in 5 in just that video.

Not sure if you can call it a overthrow if the "overthrow" is less then the weight of 1 kernel of the powder being thrown.

Reactions: Hegre
I'll up the speeds from the 5 to 7 maybe... but, it's dropping most of it charges .02 under with a few over as well. Reloder 15, 41 grains was averaging 25 to 28 seconds, with some going into 30+. Took me hours to drop 500.

The V4 is tunable for both speed of each funnel and transition delta. You can also tweak the angle to adjust the large throw speed and validate with calibration. I'm pretty sure you can match exactly what's in that video with the V4. Notice, it overthrow 1 in 5 in just that video.

Got my V4 and compared to the speed that this thing is dropping at I'll switch if it materializes. I've posted my speeds in the V4 thread, and from the video the Super Trickler is *much* faster.....
The videos I've seen, the V4 was throwing charges in about 12 seconds is this not an accurate representation?

I'll up the speeds from the 5 to 7 maybe... but, it's dropping most of it charges .02 under with a few over as well. Reloder 15, 41 grains was averaging 25 to 28 seconds, with some going into 30+. Took me hours to drop 500.
Run the calibration and screen shot the results from the settings area. Flow rate needs to be between .15 and .2, that is angle of lid. Then you can adjust speeds. I am dropping 34.5 of RL15.5 every 10 seconds on average.
Screenshot_20220107-111007_AutoTrickler.jpg

I did the calibration but made no adjustments. I'll have to try this next time I'm dropping powder... I'd love to see 10 seconds!

Run the calibration and screen shot the results from the settings area. Flow rate needs to be between .15 and .2, that is angle of lid. Then you can adjust speeds. I am dropping 34.5 of RL15.5 every 10 seconds on average.
View attachment 7778750

Reactions: secondofangle2
Looks like area419 is dropping the project according to the designer. Component shortages and such is the reason given. He seems to be attempting to move forward on his own.

Just an FYI for anyone waiting for the 419 version before buying an auto trickler and what not.
I saw that on their FB page too.

It is an unfortunate thing for all involved and will have an influence on the circuit board issues as well as their regulatory and import/export logistics. The CE hurdles are something that must always be on the minds of designers trying to sell on multiple continents. Not hard to say this is a set back, but very hard to say how much of a set back.

I've dropped over 1000 charges with the V4 so far... 500 on Thanksgiving Day, out of the box it's taking 25 to 28 seconds to drop 41 grains of Reloder 15. That's my results without any of this tuning. So, it's in use accurate for me. I'll try on tweak it to get some better speeds.

The videos I've seen, the V4 was throwing charges in about 12 seconds is this not an accurate representation?

I've dropped over 1000 charges with the V4 so far... 500 on Thanksgiving Day, out of the box it's taking 25 to 28 seconds to drop 41 grains of Reloder 15. That's my results without any of this tuning. So, it's in use accurate for me. I'll try on tweak it to get some better speeds.
You already know what you need to do then. It's like saying a knife sucks but no one's ever sharpened it.

Took it out of the box and used it. Followed the 'calibration' instructions nothing deeper then that. Most new knives are already sharp out of the box. Had no idea each type of powder requires all this tuning. Edited: Until I got the V4 and read the manual :)

You already know what you need to do then. It's like saying a knife sucks but no one's ever sharpened it.

Last edited:
I did calibrate, and my flow numbers were within those grain settings. I'll run through it again next time I drop. It would be nice to get 12 second drops of 41 grains, instead of 25.

Is there less powder splash on the v4 than there was on the v3 and v2? I am still a month out on mine, and this is the only thing I'm really worried about, and the thing that looks best about the Supertrickler.

Only have the V4, so can't compare it to earlier models, but there are a few kernels here and there. Not much of a concern.

Is there less powder splash on the v4 than there was on the v3 and v2? I am still a month out on mine, and this is the only thing I'm really worried about, and the thing that looks best about the Supertrickler.

Reactions: Choid

Much less. Just play with cup. Slightly off from being directly under dispenser. Can't see it in picture but dispessing hole is towards the back of the powder dispenser. I am seeing way less splash. I had maybe 3 or 4 in 200+ throws.

20220107_180018.jpg

Reactions: Choid
Much less. Just play with cup. Slightly off from being directly under dispenser. Can't see it in picture but dispessing hole is towards the back of the powder dispenser. I am seeing way less splash. I had maybe 3 or 4 in 200+ throws.

View attachment 7779039
Nice. Is the app the same as for the V3? My V3 app has basically no functionality other than set a charge and go, so I am guessing the app just gives dominion over the on board controls, and there are more on board controls on v4?

Can you drop powder charges in GRAMS not grains with the autotrickler V4 or V3?