• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Super Yoter C - Any Experience Yet?

You want something small. A lot of guys are using a DVR like this:

https://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-dx600-dvr.html

This one can be hard to find in stock. I have used it personally with other Bering thermals but not the SY C.

The following DVR is more expensive but can share power and DVR with the same cord which could be nice. https://predatorprecision.com/product/micro-dvr-for-bering-optics-hogster/ I have never used it, so I can't speak for the quality.

There are others, but at least this gives you a start. Keep in mind the video recorded is just the thermal image when done in this manner.

If you want to see what you are seeing through the eyepiece, you could record from the glass scope eyepiece with something like a Tactacam FTS. This covers the eyepiece of your day scope and records to the Tactacam. I have tried it and don' t love it personally, but there are lots of people doing this, and then you would see the reticle of the scope as well as the thermal image.

Last edited:
Reactions: db2000
Thanks for the help regarding video output thus far.
Can anyone share what recording device they use with the Y-C?
Unless you're in a hurry, you might hold off for a bit. They offered to replace my scope this month with one that has some software updates. One of the updates mentioned was turning on Wi-Fi to allow recording to a mobile device. I DON'T know if the update will be backwards compatible though.

I'm still confused by the zoom thing, but it doesn't sound like they plan on keeping that feature going forward. They've promised a better explanation after they've tested mine more.

I will say that everybody I've communicated with recently has been very polite. Sometimes there's a delay in getting a response, but it's not a pressing issue at the moment so I don't care.

Unless you're in a hurry, you might hold off for a bit. They offered to replace my scope this month with one that has some software updates. One of the updates mentioned was turning on Wi-Fi to allow recording to a mobile device. I DON'T know if the update will be backwards compatible though.

I'm still confused by the zoom thing, but it doesn't sound like they plan on keeping that feature going forward. They've promised a better explanation after they've tested mine more.

I will say that everybody I've communicated with recently has been very polite. Sometimes there's a delay in getting a response, but it's not a pressing issue at the moment so I don't care.
Wow. Ok. I didn’t know Wi-Fi was even an option on the Y-C

Wow. Ok. I didn’t know Wi-Fi was even an option on the Y-C
It was in the menu on mine. (I think it's actually Bluetooth). I could turn it on, and my phone could find it but I couldn't connect with a password.

I'm just relaying info, please understand that it may not be accurate or work the way I understand it.

It was in the menu on mine. (I think it's actually Bluetooth). I could turn it on, and my phone could find it but I couldn't connect with a password.

I'm just relaying info, please understand that it may not be accurate or work the way I understand it.
Mine has the non-functional Bluetooth as well. As someone previously mentioned on here, video output is rarely through Bluetooth and usually WiFi unfortunately. But, who knows. Maybe an app development would allow something like that. 🍻

Reactions: Ksracer
I’ve only spent a little time behind my Y-C but haven’t noticed it NUC n me that I know of. Are these still auto NUC only or is there a manual selection? I don’t remember reading about it in the manual and was wondering. Thanks 🍻

You short press the calibration button and it does an extremely fast shutterless nuc. You long press it and close the cap for background calibration. You might be able to change the settings to auto nuc, but I never tried to since it takes like <1s to perform.

On that Background NUC, is there a required sequense, and is there any audible sound? I've always closed the cap first, then pressed and held - you get the close cap graphic, and then it just stays up there. I release, hear nothing, and assume it worked. Does it Background NUC when you release?

What should be used to clean the objective lens? Are Zeiss cleaning wipes ok?

Some thoughts on the zero issue when using the digital zoom. I don't use the zoom on my lpvo but it seems it would be useful for my 3x micro prism. The zoom adjustable zero on mine seems to work just not as described in the manual.

1st I did a control group on base magnification.

20220529_164040.jpg

Next I zoomed up to 4x and used the zoom/zero feature putting the crosshair over the day reticle. My results were similar to several others with my shots being to the left.

20220529_164037.jpg

Next I tried moving the crosshair to the right of the reticle hoping to move poi to the right. This resulted in the hits being further to the left.

20220529_164035.jpg

Next I moved the crosshair to the left of the reticle to roughly where the impacts were with everything centered. This resulted in a decent zero.

20220529_164032.jpg

Unfortunately that was my last clean piece of cardboard so I'm left with more of a hypothesis than a conclusion. The zero works at 4x but I was unable to test if it effects the base zero (it shouldn't) or if the 2x zero is correct. There doesn't seem to be a function to adjust the 2x and 4x separately. Hopefully I can confirm some of this next weekend.

Some thoughts on the zero issue when using the digital zoom. I don't use the zoom on my lpvo but it seems it would be useful for my 3x micro prism. The zoom adjustable zero on mine seems to work just not as described in the manual.

View attachment 7880478

Next I zoomed up to 4x and used the zoom/zero feature putting the crosshair over the day reticle. My results were similar to several others with my shots being to the left.

View attachment 7880480

Next I tried moving the crosshair to the right of the reticle hoping to move poi to the right. This resulted in the hits being further to the left.

View attachment 7880485

Next I moved the crosshair to the left of the reticle to roughly where the impacts were with everything centered. This resulted in a decent zero.

View attachment 7880489

Unfortunately that was my last clean piece of cardboard so I'm left with more of a hypothesis than a conclusion. The zero works at 4x but I was unable to test if it effects the base zero (it shouldn't) or if the 2x zero is correct. There doesn't seem to be a function to adjust the 2x and 4x separately. Hopefully I can confirm some of this next weekend.
Yeah, once zeroed at 1x w/ lpvo and then adjust the cross hairs appropriately to line up in the menu, mine’s pretty spot on in 2x and 4x digital zoom.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
I received the latest model SY-C as a replacement tonight.
There appear to be significant revisions. 3 of the most notable are a rear eyepiece that isn't removable, I believe it has full 1280 screen resolution in clip on mode, and the absence of a zeroing menu.

The scanner mode is gone, along with the extra eyepiece.

When I zoomed in on my old scope, I could clearly see about 3.5 pixels per Mil on the reticle. Zooming up to 18x on the new one reveals much smaller pixels. They look more like overlapping dots. I was told it allowed up to 20% more optical zoom. It's possible they increased the base magnification to achieve this vs screen resolution I suppose.

I can't find a zero menu. I aimed the rifle at a target and locked it down in a vice, then slid the SY-C into place and the reticle didn't change location. They appear to have "coliminated" it. EDIT. I found the zero menu...

There's a bunch of other stuff in the menu, including Bluetooth, WIFI, and automatic NUC. Also a short press of the rear button flashes a "camera" icon in the upper right screen corner and a long press turns on a Video icon. I'm speculating that it has internal recording...

I'll post updates as I find out more!

Last edited:
There appear to be significant revisions. 3 of the most notable are a rear eyepiece that isn't removable, full 1280 screen resolution in clip on mode, and the absence of a zeroing menu.

When I zoomed in on my old scope, I could clearly see about 3.5 pixels per Mil on the reticle. Zooming up to 18x on the new one reveals much smaller pixels. They look more like overlapping dots. I was told it allowed up to 20% more optical zoom.

I can't find a zero menu. I aimed the rifle at a target and locked it down in a vice, then slid the SY-C into place and the reticle didn't change location. They appear to have "coliminated" it.

There's a bunch of other stuff in the menu, including Bluetooth, WIFI, and automatic NUC. Also a short press of the rear button flashes a "camera" icon in the upper right screen corner and a long press turns on a Video icon. I'm speculating that it has internal recording...

Coliminated eh?....... interesting.

There appear to be significant revisions. 3 of the most notable are a rear eyepiece that isn't removable, I believe it has full 1280 screen resolution in clip on mode, and the absence of a zeroing menu.

When I zoomed in on my old scope, I could clearly see about 3.5 pixels per Mil on the reticle. Zooming up to 18x on the new one reveals much smaller pixels. They look more like overlapping dots. I was told it allowed up to 20% more optical zoom. It's possible they increased the base magnification to achieve this vs screen resolution I suppose.

I can't find a zero menu. I aimed the rifle at a target and locked it down in a vice, then slid the SY-C into place and the reticle didn't change location. They appear to have "coliminated" it.

I'd rate my older model at 10x on a scope with parallex and 8x without. What are you thinking with the new one?

I'd rate my older model at 10x on a scope with parallex and 8x without. What are you thinking with the new one?
I regularly shot on 12x with the old one. I haven't been outside with this yet, but zooming in on the icons, it's a noticable difference.

Images look GREAT ! Good news for the PLA, bad news for us ;) All Hail the PLA !!!

I'm impressed with the sensitivity of the unit, even more than the resolution. But, that doesn't say it will hold up under field conditions. Shoot 100 rds of 308 in the rain with it and report results !! :D
Good to see the price on thermal clip on's is coming down.

False alarm.... I found the zero menu.
Still lots of other cool new stuff added though.

Here's some poor cell phone pics. If you look at the 8x horse, it will give you an idea of how tight the pixels are

Horses @40yds on 2.5x

Screenshot_20220630-171457.png

Horse @40yds on 8x

Screenshot_20220630-171508.png

a Deer and 2 fawns @500yds on 8xa

Screenshot_20220630-171346.png

These are much sharper in the scope. Look at how blurry the reticle is for reference.

• Wow
Reactions: _Ares_
Man....you got me convinced.

I'm just waiting on the rumored SY with built in LRF. I'll make a decision either way when that information starts trickling out. Here's to hoping the LRF is available for the clip on version as well.

I can't find a zero menu. I aimed the rifle at a target and locked it down in a vice, then slid the SY-C into place and the reticle didn't change location. They appear to have "coliminated" it. EDIT. I found the zero menu...

I spoke to Boris from Bering Optics today. Since I was talking to him about other topics, I asked about Ksracer's Super Yoter C. According to Bering, this is not a production Super Yoter C. This was a custom-build made specifically for Ksracer based on some concerns he had with his previous model. Think of this as a proof-of-concept model. It did include a different eyepiece, wifi, internal recording, and I believe had no digital zoom. According to Boris, it should still allow zeroing but was tuned on an optical bench so that it may seem collimated by default. I don't have any more information than this and will leave it to Ksracer and Bering to discuss. I just wanted people following this thread to know Ksracer's scope is not what they will receive if they order one at this time.

Last edited:
I spoke to Boris from Bering Optics today. Since I was talking to him about other topics, I asked about Ksracer's Super Yoter C. According to Bering, this is not a production Super Yoter C. This was a custom-build made specifically for Ksracer based on some concerns he had with his previous model. Think of this as a proof-of-concept model. It did include a different eyepiece, wifi, internal recording, and I believe had no digital zoom. According to Boris, it should still allow zeroing but was tuned on an optical bench so that it may seem collimated by default. I don't have any more information than this and will leave it to Ksracer and Bering to discuss. I just wanted people following this thread to know Ksracer's scope is not what they will receive if they order one or have work done.
I spoke with Kirsch via pm already, and all I can say is that I specifically asked Bering in an E-mail if this was a production model and was told that this as well as the previous one would be in the 2022-23 lineup.

I apologize if I've caused confusion and will cease with the updates.

I spoke with Kirsch via pm already, and all I can say is that I specifically asked Bering in an E-mail if this was a production model and was told that this as well as the previous one would be in the 2022-23 lineup.

I apologize if I've caused confusion and will cease with the updates.
It very well could be a model for the future if they hear it works well for your needs, and if they decide to build more to have other people test. Some of the features of this one may be attractive to other users as well. Hopefully, you will love it and find it very effective.

No need to apologize as we both are just trying to keep people informed.

It very well could be a model for the future if they hear it works well for your needs, and if they decide to build more to have other people test. Some of the features of this one may be attractive to other users as well. Hopefully, you will love it and find it very effective.

No need to apologize as we both are just trying to keep people informed.
You're aware that my only real complaint with the previous one was the digital zoom. (Mostly just confusion about why mine didn't work while others did) I had some issues keeping it zero'd initially also, but I worked those out.

This model doesn't have digital zoom, but it appears what they have done is effectively lock it in 2x digital and then optically demagnify it .5x to provide unity. The image has a very dense pixel count, even though it's still 640 on the front.

I would choose this model 99 out of 100 times over the current one.

I think there will be enough demand that Bering adds it to there lineup

You're aware that my only real complaint with the previous one was the digital zoom. (Mostly just confusion about why mine didn't work while others did) I had some issues keeping it zero'd initially also, but I worked those out.

This model doesn't have digital zoom, but it appears what they have done is effectively lock it in 2x digital and then optically demagnify it .5x to provide unity. The image has a very dense pixel count, even though it's still 640 on the front.

I would choose this model 99 out of 100 times over the current one.

I think there will be enough demand that Bering adds it to there lineup
So how do I get the not released model vs the current? That's all I need to know!

So how do I get the not released model vs the current? That's all I need to know!
See if Ksracer wants to sell his :). Since this is not a released/production model at this time, you can always send a message to [email protected] and express your interest in them producing this specific model in the future.

Reactions: CrazyDoc
See if Ksracer wants to sell his :). Since this is not a released/production model at this time, you can always send a message to [email protected] and express your interest in them producing this specific model in the future.
Just sent them an email. I hope it's something I can pick up. Seems like it would do everything I'd like.

I'll keep updating since it seems to be a model that will be released soon, especially if there is enough interest.

These appear to have zero coordinates entered from the factory, so I took my scope off the rifle and mounted it to my rigid test sled, zeroed it out on a target and then introduced the SY-Cii to the image to see how much shift it caused. I found the zeroing menu and was able to shift the crosshairs back to the exact center of the target. For reference, the Geni adjusted the screen in 2.4cm increment, or nearly an inch "per click". The Genii uses 1.6cm increments, or about 5/8". Definitely a bonus.

I should be able to remount the scope, confirm day zero, mount the Yoter and be good to go.

Again, my phone doesn't play nice while trying to take pics or videos, the image is much nicer to the eye. I did roll the zoom all the way past 15x to give you an idea of image. I could easily shoot at 16x if I wanted to.

Took my first shot with it tonight. I haven't zero'd anything with live ammo and I set it back to the factory coordinates after I took it off my test sled.
It was close enough to get rid of a garden pest, although it looks like it may have hit slightly right.

Rabbit at 40yds, recorded internally.

Reactions: 260284
Took my first shot with it tonight. I haven't zero'd anything with live ammo and I set it back to the factory coordinates after I took it off my test sled.
It was close enough to get rid of a garden pest, although it looks like it may have hit slightly right.

Rabbit at 40yds, recorded internally.

@Ksracer have you had any more time behind the "SYC ii"? If so any more insight on using it vs the previous one?

@Ksracer have you had any more time behind the "SYC ii"? If so any more insight on using it vs the previous one?
I killed another rabbit at 60yds and those are the only 2 shots i've taken with it. It's hot here and I'm working a crap load of OT. Blah.

Initial impressions....

The recording and downloads work well.

It has auto-nuc option. I prefer to do it manually, and to do so requires 2 buttons to be pushed at the same time, vs just 1 for the old unit. It's a little tricky, but it doesn't to need to be done often.

The rear eyepiece is permanently attached with a more rigid connection. The old unit had a noticeable deflection while pushing buttons on the test sled. (I'm using a Ruson objective mount) The new one is much more rigid.

The zeroing increments are smaller. I should be able to find tune the POI much better.

The image seems much "sharper" and I think it has more detail with a higher pixel density. I believe it's purely a digital enhancement, much the same as using 2x zoom. I don't think it's going to increase the range I can shoot at, but it's more pleasing to look at. I never had the units side by side, so that's just a judgement call.

I ran a brief experiment while it was on my sled. I left the mount loose and wobbled the thermal around in front of the scope. The image stayed positioned under the crosshairs while doing so. I'm hesitant to say that it's "coliminated", but I don't believe the image stayed stationary while doing that with my old one. I wish I had them side by side to satisfy my curiosity. At the very least, the SY-Cii seems vary tolerant of misalignment.

Overall, it shares a lot of features and the size and format of the previous one.

I had planned on selling my original unit in anticipation of receiving my Theon xELR, but the SY-Cii is interesting enough that I'm going to move it to my AR for shared duty.

Last edited:
I finally got around to some live fire testing. In preparation for running the SY-Cii on my AR, I pulled the Burris 3-15 XTR-ii, removed the barrel, and threaded it 5/8-24. I switched handguards, remounted the Burris, screwed on an TBAC Ultra .338 can (LOL) and fired 3 shots from standing tripod that landed a little right. I've got a new scope mount coming to replace the 1.4" high-20moa one to get things lined up better, so I didn't re-zero anything.
PXL_20220820_005904260.jpg

Next I installed a QD mount on the bottom of the SY-Cii and installed it with the same zero settings it had when I received it and fired 3 more shots that landed just over an inch from the first 3. Considering the horrible alignment with the day scope, I'm pretty impressed with that.
PXL_20220820_010900803.jpg

Here's some better pics with a Triggercam. The pic of the foil target was taken at 15x and gives a better view of the pixel density I mentioned earlier. The trigger cam is cropping the top and bottom of the images. At 3x, the image fills the scope.
The horses are around 50yds again
markup_20020100.JPG.png
markup_20043900.JPG (1).png
markup_20053500.JPG.png
markup_20054100.JPG.png

View attachment 7880478

View attachment 7880480

View attachment 7880485

View attachment 7880489

Finally got out to try this on a second scope and it worked the same as the 1st time. Only bumped the mag to 2x but this makes a g2 1-6 a pretty effective tool behind the yoter. So in short if you're having trouble zeroing in the zoom menu move the crosshair over the bullet impact vrs lining it up with the day scope crosshair. Alternatively if you can't see the impact move the crosshair in the opposite direction you would if you were dialing. Don't know if they're all the same but this seems to work well on mine.

Reactions: Ksracer
Finally got out to try this on a second scope and it worked the same as the 1st time. Only bumped the mag to 2x but this makes a g2 1-6 a pretty effective tool behind the yoter. So in short if you're having trouble zeroing in the zoom menu move the crosshair over the bullet impact vrs lining it up with the day scope crosshair. Alternatively if you can't see the impact move the crosshair in the opposite direction you would if you were dialing. Don't know if they're all the same but this seems to work well on mine.
Interesting. The Zoom Calibration seems like such a neat feature that few other clip-ons have. Too bad they couldn't retain it.
BTW, If you bag the rifle solid on a bipod and watch the reticle while clicking from 1x-2x-4x, you can save a little ammo and get really close before firing a shot.

Update on zeroing the SY-Cii. I switched my 20moa day scope mount out for a taller 0moa mount and re-zero'd the XTR-ii. The SY-Cii group stayed about an inch right after making that substantial alignment change. 2 "clicks" in the zero menu put me right on target.

Has anyone compared the Super Yoter C to the Krypton. This would be a good comparison of Clip ons

For those who have followed this thread throughout, Bering did announce they will be selling both styles of Super Yoter C. The V2 version Ksracer used and the original. The name is still being considered. Pricing should be similar. The updated version has a larger, permanently attached ocular, includes video recording, and allows for up to 18x daytime scope. It is still recommended the scope’s minimum zoom be around 2.5 or less, or you may not be able to see all the menu icons.

According to Bering, the original version will still be available allowing the clip on to be used as a scanner by swapping the eyepiece.

For those who have followed this thread throughout, Bering did announce they will be selling both styles of Super Yoter C. The V2 version Ksracer used and the original. The name is still being considered. Pricing should be similar. The updated version has a larger, permanently attached ocular, includes video recording, and allows for up to 18x daytime scope. It is still recommended the scope’s minimum zoom be around 2.5 or less, or you may not be able to see all the menu icons.

According to Bering, the original version will still be available allowing the clip on to be used as a scanner by swapping the eyepiece.
I'll try to add a few more details based on my use.

I know of at least 1 other SY-Cii that they have made since mine and I think it's currently available as special order.

I can confirm the 18x. These things are no joke. I have an Eotech ClipIR-xELR and it's debatable if there is 3x the money difference between the two. It depends on your priorities.

Gun profiles 1 and 2 position the icons along the edge of the screen for low power scopes. Profiles 3&4 move the icons in farther so they remain visible at higher magnifications. 2.5x is still ideal without cutting the screen off and loosing FOV.

When I ordered a QD mount for mine, it came with an accordion style light suppressor that can double as an eyepiece. The new model can still be used as a scanner if you absolutely have to. There is just no magnification built into the fixed eyepiece so you're looking at a very small, very high definition screen. It is far from ideal, but will work in a pinch.

@kirsch I know you're not a clip-on fan, but if you get a chance to try the new model, jump on it. I loaned it to a buddy who bought it from me last week. Side by side, it produced a better image than his Super Yoter-R.

Last edited: