• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Supressor Cleaning

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    I think either I am a little slow or I might be on to something... I was thinking about the best way to clean the baffles in my can and just happened to glanced over at my little ultrasonic cleaner. I dropped it in just plain water and let turned it on for 15 mins. It came out as clean as new. My Mite comes apart to clean but I thought this might be a good idea for ones that you can't dissasemble.

Re: Supressor Cleaning

Do not put an aluminum can into a high pH cleaning solution such as Castrol super clean (which happens to be purple),this will discolor and etch the surface.
    I didn't do this with one ,but have seen aluminum after such an event.

Yeah I was trying to avoid chemicals that would possibly mess with the metals. They fit so perfectly now that I thought it might eat away at it enough over time that it would become sloppy and cause problems.

Ironically the Ultrasonic cleaner idea has been around since suppressors were sold in mass quantities. Most of the owners manuals suggest that you use a UC on a can that you cannot take apart.