• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors supressor selection time, finally!!

dcnyli

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
After freeing myself from the chains of NYS, I've finally settled in Ohio and ready to get a suppressor for an upcoming rifle build. I have time till it's completed so I'm going to get everything submitted asap and cross my fingers for quick approval.

This will be primarily for 6.5-47L in competition, so accuracy and repeatability is important to me, hanging on the end of a 24" M24 barrel. I will be also using it on .308 in the future but that's well off in the distance. I want a brake attached suppressor, with repeatable/predictable POI shift(or as close to repeatable as possible), can take a beating, run 15-20 shot strings thru without it getting too hot or throwing rounds off and also quick dissipation of the heat(titanium?)

Also, the brake should be not only a super mount for the suppressor, but also a quality brake to use in the event I'm ever traveling back to the Empire State

Not loyal to any brand and have only shot one rifle suppressed before and it was unbelievable fun(it had an AAC Cyclone)

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

I have a 30P-1 I run on my 6.5x47 Lapua. I would highly recommend the TBAC, great suppressors I think the CB line would be up your alley or the 30BA.

You will get tons of reviews on here, but let me make a better suggestion for you.

We shoot regularly at Rayners Range in Blue Creek OH. Several several shooters use cans.

Almost everyone at Thunder Valley in OH uses cans.

Get out to either of those ranges and get some hands on with them.

Sakobob on here has a 300win TRG with a can and its ridiculously quite.

I will have to make some time to get out to either of those places… it's about 3hrs from where I live to either.

In my opinion. ....go QD.....and if money is no concern Surefire will please you well. The other brands mentioned will do also if you need to save some cash. Surefire brakes work very well also.

I went with the tbac 30p-1 for the reasons you stated. I will be using it in my 308,6.5cm and ar.

For the money it would be hard to pass up the TBAC 30BA or CB9 depending on what you can find in stock with your local dealer. For a precision rifle I prefer the direct thread on or the brake attach style mounts that TBAC offers as they lock up 100% solid. I like my QD cans, but I prefer to use them on things other than my bolt guns. The TBAC cans are well machined out of quality components, suppress sound well, have functional brakes for when not using the can, and their support of our niche of the shooting market is awesome.

My local shop/range doesn't carry thunderbeast, but they have gemtech, AAC and surefire. They will gladly handle a transfer, but I like to support them.

I hope to find someone else in ohio within an hour or two drive that's got tbac

OP, if I can give you a piece of advice since I'm in the same boat as you. Do just enough research to make a decision but not too much as to screw yourself over and get stuck with indecision. I did the latter and my list of cans evolved about a dozen times. Now I'm stuck between a SAS Arbiter and TBAC 30P-1 and can't make up my mind. I know people will post "you can't go wrong with either" but that doesn't help. Good luck, just don't do what I did.

OP, if I can give you a piece of advice since I'm in the same boat as you. Do just enough research to make a decision but not too much as to screw yourself over and get stuck with indecision. I did the latter and my list of cans evolved about a dozen times. Now I'm stuck between a SAS Arbiter and TBAC 30P-1 and can't make up my mind. I know people will post "you can't go wrong with either" but that doesn't help. Good luck, just don't do what I did.

You are inside my head. TBAC is what I'm getting, I done decided

My local shop/range doesn't carry thunderbeast, but they have gemtech, AAC and surefire. They will gladly handle a transfer, but I like to support them.

I hope to find someone else in ohio within an hour or two drive that's got tbac

I don't know where you are in Ohio but in Delaware, Ohio, Blackwing stocks TBAC . not sure who else does in Ohio,