Sure fire light - Help!

Btrain

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2013
MA
I pulled an old light from some boxes I hadn’t used in over a decade. The light works fine with the P60 incandescent, but not very bright based on today’s standard. Saw online where I could update to LED so hopped on amazon and picked up the attached lamps... tried with springs on/off, etc... - no joy. Not sure if the tail switch could be incomparable or what, and don’t know where to go for help. Hoping for some guidance here

thank you Gents in advance

Attachments

theLBC

Shiftless
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2019
does it use the same batteries as the old bulb?

Btrain

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2013
MA
Good question - I think both are cr123’s... could be wrong

hermosabeach

I GET MY NEWS FROM MEME’S!
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2012
Betty Ford Clinic

For my 6P I got drop in replacement LED bezil

I would only get something g that uses a CREE led.

If the one you got does not fit, return it and sleuth on CPF or a Surefire retrofit Kit

hermosabeach

I GET MY NEWS FROM MEME’S!
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2012
Betty Ford Clinic
These also have a great reputation

Reactions: IrishWind

IrishWind

Laughing at the Absurdity of it all
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2003
NoVa
I bought a Malkoff for my old C2 light. Talk about breathing new life into an old work horse. Another +1 for them. Word though, if it is going to be used on a weapon light there is an extra shock absorbing piece needed for the LED. His webpage has the info on how to upgrade your weapon light.

Reactions: WaywardSon

Downtown

Belligerents
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2013
    A coworker bought three Amazon Chinese replacement LED bulbs, after admiring my Malkoff conversion, and two were defective. Are you sure the bulb even works?

Woodland_Wolf_M81

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 17, 2020
    A Surefire made in China??? OP, I would suggest to get a brand new light. If you want Surefire, get a legitimate one to replace your knockoff rather than spend money to make improvements to your knockoff. Just my $0.02...

Downtown

Belligerents
    Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2013
    You might be misunderstanding, Mr M81. The OP has an honest Surefire light. He's just purchased an inexpensive Chinese LED conversion bulb, of which there are many and most very cheap crap.

Reactions: Woodland_Wolf_M81

mr45acp2u

Private
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Sep 27, 2010
    AZ
    Another vote for the Malkoff, it look like you may need an adaptor in the head. It keeps pressure on the springs for battery contact.

Mike_Honcho

Sergeant
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Aug 21, 2007
    FWIW I have a 10 ? +? yr old Malkov in a 6p that took quite a fall on concrete in Y1 and broke the lens which now sort of floats behind the SF lens - aside from the goofy beam it has been working this whole time (used at least 3x per week).

Those old SF lights are great boat anchors.