• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sure fire light - Help!

Btrain

Shooter up!
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2013
KS
I pulled an old light from some boxes I hadn’t used in over a decade. The light works fine with the P60 incandescent, but not very bright based on today’s standard. Saw online where I could update to LED so hopped on amazon and picked up the attached lamps... tried with springs on/off, etc... - no joy. Not sure if the tail switch could be incomparable or what, and don’t know where to go for help. Hoping for some guidance here

thank you Gents in advance

Attachments

• 8FCA884D-735E-4C33-A288-DF0F5BF633EA.jpeg
    8FCA884D-735E-4C33-A288-DF0F5BF633EA.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 9A428880-3539-4281-A07B-EEFD20016B7C.jpeg
    9A428880-3539-4281-A07B-EEFD20016B7C.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 49
  • D35967CC-464C-431C-BF7D-18F4BA9CE490.jpeg
    D35967CC-464C-431C-BF7D-18F4BA9CE490.jpeg
    528.8 KB · Views: 55
does it use the same batteries as the old bulb?

Good question - I think both are cr123’s... could be wrong

For my 6P I got drop in replacement LED bezil

I would only get something g that uses a CREE led.

If the one you got does not fit, return it and sleuth on CPF or a Surefire retrofit Kit

Reactions: IrishWind
I bought a Malkoff for my old C2 light. Talk about breathing new life into an old work horse. Another +1 for them. Word though, if it is going to be used on a weapon light there is an extra shock absorbing piece needed for the LED. His webpage has the info on how to upgrade your weapon light.

Reactions: WaywardSon
A coworker bought three Amazon Chinese replacement LED bulbs, after admiring my Malkoff conversion, and two were defective. Are you sure the bulb even works?

A Surefire made in China??? OP, I would suggest to get a brand new light. If you want Surefire, get a legitimate one to replace your knockoff rather than spend money to make improvements to your knockoff. Just my $0.02...

You might be misunderstanding, Mr M81. The OP has an honest Surefire light. He's just purchased an inexpensive Chinese LED conversion bulb, of which there are many and most very cheap crap.

Reactions: Woodland_Wolf_M81
Another vote for the Malkoff, it look like you may need an adaptor in the head. It keeps pressure on the springs for battery contact.

FWIW I have a 10 ? +? yr old Malkov in a 6p that took quite a fall on concrete in Y1 and broke the lens which now sort of floats behind the SF lens - aside from the goofy beam it has been working this whole time (used at least 3x per week).

Those old SF lights are great boat anchors.