• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon build

Loud&Proud

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2012
Colorado
Last month I called and placed an order with surgeon for a 6.5 creedmoor surgeon scalpel right around this same time of the month. I talked with Jeff and he was very helpful he told me my build time would be around three months maybe a little sooner so today I get a call that my rifle is finished and ready to be sent exactly almost to the day a month. What a great company and excellent customer service I just can't say enough about them. Now to get it in my hands and start load development on it. I would recommend surgeon to anybody looking for a custom build Great people.
Merry Christmas

Last month I called and placed an order with surgeon for a 6.5 creedmoor surgeon scalpel right around this same time of the month. I talked with Jeff and he was very helpful he told me my build time would be around three months maybe a little sooner so today I get a call that my rifle is finished and ready to be sent exactly almost to the day a month. What a great company and excellent customer service I just can't say enough about them. Now to get it in my hands and start load development on it. I would recommend surgeon to anybody looking for a custom build Great people.
Merry Christmas

Fantastic! I wish they would say that about the actions I've had on order for 13 months now!

That is the exact length of time it took GAP to install a pic rail on my crusader. Congrats

I hope this is a shadow of things to come. I placed an order oct 1st. Jeff said it would be 6-8 months build time. Hopefully I have similar luck as you.

I copied this from the Surgeon website.

If you don't see the rifle you are looking for in stock, give us a call at 405-567-0183. Lead times for a custom build are as short as 1 week!

68g5qa.jpg

This is the picture that Jeff sent me tracking it shows to be getting to my FFL on Friday it's going to be a long week

Thx I know I was thinking about shipping taking longer since it's the holidays I can just hope it shows up on time

IMG_20131201_182330_225.jpgIMG_20131201_182309_390.jpg2012-08-09_19-27-52_752.jpg2012-08-04_21-33-33_148.jpg

You won't be disappointed. It only took a about 4 months from start to finish on my .300 Win Mag Scalpel. The 5 round groups are awesome, just a 100 yard group but out of a .300 Win Mag you couldn't ask for more. If I do my part the rifle is unbelievable. It's a laser. The pics kinda suck but this is all I've got. This is the best investment in a rifle that I've ever made.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. I got my first Surgeon Scalpel a couple months ago in 6.5 Creedmoor. I love that cartridge and have always had great experiences with Surgeon actions and DBMs so it was special for me to tie everything together and get a full fledged Surgeon Scalpel. The rifle has not disappointed since I test fired it. Tiny 1/4 MOA groups with Hornady factory 140 Amax ammo is the norm.

View attachment 24431View attachment 24432View attachment 24433View attachment 24434

You won't be disappointed. It only took a about 4 months from start to finish on my .300 Win Mag Scalpel. The 5 round groups are awesome, just a 100 yard group but out of a .300 Win Mag you couldn't ask for more. If I do my part the rifle is unbelievable. It's a laser. The pics kinda suck but this is all I've got. This is the best investment in a rifle that I've ever made.
Looks like you really need to do some more load development there. That group is bad ass no matter what caliber it comes from.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas

That was my exact experience.
Talked to Wade about a 6.5CM to tote in the combine for coyotes and such...
20" barrel and a M40 stock, 3 weeks later it was at the FFL.
Great guys, can't say too much good about them or the product.

Congrats L&P on a good choice.

DAMN... Kinda tells you something about the smiths that claim they're waiting for parts. Looking forward to the range report.

If you don't order anything to crazy they have a lot of barrels and stocks there at they shop they can turn around very quickly. Great people to deal with. I own five of their guns with a sixth on the way.