• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SW AMMO UPDATE THREAD

I can't seem to find my order number but the order that I placed on 2/4/13 for reloading 434 rounds of Lapua .308 brass with 175smk's was delivered yesterday. Rounds look great. There are some striations on some of the necks but I am gonna use these babies not just put them on the shelf for looks. Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

D10959B2-AC6A-404F-9FB2-196647F90615-9305-0000043BE5B95D22_zpscfe63ae3.jpg

Last edited:
I placed order #1816 on 8/16/12 and received 8 of the 15 boxes I ordered of 168 SMK .308 Match (the new for 2012 stuff) in about 10 days or so for a match and never received the other 7 boxes. I called in December to see what the status of those boxes were and was told they'd being going out that day. I never received any shipping info, and all my calls, emails, and PMs have not been responded to since. I understand this is a hectic time, but this is long overdue and at this point I just want something to run through the only bolt gun I have.

I just got my order of ammo I had reloaded. I have a few questions I sent in 40 r-p remington brass to be reloaded in 155gr scenars and was told by southwest that those brass can only be reloaded in subsonic and I am unable to find any information about r-p remington brass that is only meant for subsonic loads if you have more information about this that would be great,

also their was a corndog stick with ketchup in side the box of my reloads and that really didnt make me feel to comfortable about the reloads.

I placed order #1816 on 8/16/12 and received 8 of the 15 boxes I ordered of 168 SMK .308 Match (the new for 2012 stuff) in about 10 days or so for a match and never received the other 7 boxes. I called in December to see what the status of those boxes were and was told they'd being going out that day. I never received any shipping info, and all my calls, emails, and PMs have not been responded to since. I understand this is a hectic time, but this is long overdue and at this point I just want something to run through the only bolt gun I have.
Have you called them in the last month or recently? My recent experience is that the new girl at the phones will return calls promptly. I hope that can be the same for you.

Question regarding the 308 Match PreOrder: What is the price per box? The website says "Our Price: $13.99" at the top but at the bottom of the page it states:

"INTRODUCTORY PRICE $27.99
50% deposit of $13.99 will be charged with preorder. The remainder, and shipping will be charged at time of shipping."

I am assuming the full price is $27.99, but the website needs some clarification. Thanks.

[MENTION=76371]DangerDanJD[/MENTION], you pay 13.99 per box on the spot for the preorder, when your order ships youre charged another 13.99 per box plus shipping.

@southwest, I just preordered more 308 and have two orders now. Could you combine the two, 5182 and 5237

anyone know how fast my reloads would be? I tried to get a hold of them and ask but no luck today... they are 308's with 150 grain nosler green tips and accubonds... What fps do yall think they loaded them to out of a 26" barrel? and then what about my 16" VEPR? thanks guys.

Yeah. Can I get an answer to my PM from a couple months ago?

Nevermind.

Fully capable here. What was I thinking?

Order #3399 placed on Feb. 4, 2013. 200 rounds of "new" .308 175 SMK in Win brass. Haven't heard or seen anything.

Order #3399 placed on Feb. 4, 2013. 200 rounds of "new" .308 175 SMK in Win brass. Haven't heard or seen anything.

Good luck with that because you've got a long time to wait. I placed two orders for "new" .308 175SMK on December 24th #2512 (400rds) and December 29th #2551 (120rds), and I have yet to receive notification of my order being shipped.

I called last week about 308 orders I have in. They are having trouble getting in enough components to fill orders. I believe they told me that they expected a shipment of bullets this week.

Good luck with that because you've got a long time to wait. I placed two orders for "new" .308 175SMK on December 24th #2512 (400rds) and December 29th #2551 (120rds), and I have yet to receive notification of my order being shipped.

Thanks for the words of encouragement KillShot. Mine might be a bit slow too, because I put in for the fish tacos from Zip's in Scottsdale as a side :). Those things are awesome.

See, what it is is you all were bitching about customer service. So now they got a hottie in there replying to all your dumbasses and at the same time causing major distraction in house. LOL the irony.

Yeah, well Order 2714 (1/12/13) has been on a nearly 3 month wait, 1000 rounds of 556. They basically told me to wait, or they will refund. That's when and if I get commo.

Welp. Got commo with Kristen, guess my order hasn't even been started on and wouldn't be for a couple more weeks according to her. So, asked for a full refund. But wait, they changed processing systems and could not return to the CC I paid for it with. So check's in the mail....I won't pull out....I'm from the government and I'm here to help you....this should be interesting. I've never run into a problem like this with them in the past, but definitely won't be doing a bulk order again. Not sure if it's a problem with the projectiles, or if they are filling larger orders than mine. Either way, tired of waiting as I already got my fill locally.

Last edited:
What order number are you guys up to I have two orders in, one for reloads one for new, new is
Transaction ID 5023397536
Invoice 4501
2/19/13
Know you guys are working hard just checking.

I just got my order of ammo I had reloaded. I have a few questions I sent in 40 r-p remington brass to be reloaded in 155gr scenars and was told by southwest that those brass can only be reloaded in subsonic and I am unable to find any information about r-p remington brass that is only meant for subsonic loads if you have more information about this that would be great,

also their was a corndog stick with ketchup in side the box of my reloads and that really didnt make me feel to comfortable about the reloads.

I will only reload rp 308 brass with sub ammo. In my experience, reloaded rp 308 brass has been a hassle with primers popping out. I just just don't reload it in general because some people would not understand, so I am trying to save myself some wtf's email or phone calls.

As for the corn dog stick, I am embarrassed. I will only allow snacks in designated areas. At least it was not an old burrito. I'll pay the shipping if you use us again on your next order for that

If your unsure of the reloads, I will refund your money and buy the brass from you and save the ammo for myself. I need to get ready for the Oregon sniper challenge anyways.

At least it was not an old burrito. I'll pay the shipping if you use us again on your next order for that

Thanks,

Zach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, well Order 2714 (1/12/13) has been on a nearly 3 month wait, 1000 rounds of 556. They basically told me to wait, or they will refund. That's when and if I get commo.

Welp. Got commo with Kristen, guess my order hasn't even been started on and wouldn't be for a couple more weeks according to her. So, asked for a full refund. But wait, they changed processing systems and could not return to the CC I paid for it with. So check's in the mail....I won't pull out....I'm from the government and I'm here to help you....this should be interesting. I've never run into a problem like this with them in the past, but definitely won't be doing a bulk order again. Not sure if it's a problem with the projectiles, or if they are filling larger orders than mine. Either way, tired of waiting as I already got my fill locally.

All I can say is sorry, we are moving the ammo as fast as we can without compromising quality.

Zach

It's been some time since I posted on here, we have been crazy busy.

Between now and the next 6 months there will some huge changes at SW ammo. We have received some much needed help from a larger company with some things we are very dependent on like brass. By August or September, we will have the ability to run 1 million rounds a month and plan to do so. We are in line to get 3 ammo load machines right now and have the components ordered to feed these machines.

We have hired 7 people since January and will be adding to the family here.

For current orders, they are coming. My people work 6 days a week and average 10 hour days, some more than that.

Please bare with us right now, some great changes are coming it is just another growing pain we are going though.

I have been a little absent with updating and I apologize. Kristen is doing here best with the information I give her so don't be too hard on her. She answers phones all day and replies to as many emails as she can.

Once again thank you all for the business in the past, present and future. We seriously appreciate all of shooter who use our products. We will get it done and let me know of I can help with anything.

Thanks,

Zach

With that come a lot of

Order #2143 placed 5 months ago and credit card charged then ($1952) only received a portion of my order. Sent email asking for an update but no reply. Posted here a few times alomg the way and was always told they would ship soon. Zach, please let me know what the staus is. I understand if you can't get components to complete the order, if that is the case please issue a refund.

I think we ought to give the guy a freakin break. Like many of you I have received part of my orders, parts are still processing. When all hell broke loose in November we have seen the shelves bare everywhere, not only ammo but reloading components, etc. with most sellers indicating backorders with protracted estimated fill dates. Additionally, we have seen price increases of up to 100% (if/when you can get it.) Southwest is still filling orders and honoring their quoted prices, especially the group buy deals. You can complain about catsup and a corn dog stick in your ammo box but did you possibly consider someone worked through lunch and ate on the line while packing to get the order out? A simple fix is if you are unhappy with the delay is to cancel your order and buy your ammo somewhere else. Where? Well good luck with that................

At the end of the day these guys have been producing through out these crazy times, yeah, time between reloads have increased, but their prices have not tripled and they are not gouging like other suppliers. Most suppliers just don't accept orders at all. It seems that Zach and team are gearing up to meet demand, which aint easy in this environment, I believe they have found a huge niche in the market that is ignored or under-served by the big ammo companies, taking care of serious shooters with great ammo. Let me know if you guys need any investors Zach.

Brown truck arrives again tomorrow with another 300, I am just sending them in after every range day, plus I have more new stuff on order, 223 and 308. I will be building 200 rnds per month of this stuff on top of normal usage from now on, will never be caught with less than 10k rnds of each cal again. Its funny how the mind works, you have thousands of rounds stockpiled but when a panic happens and things get short, and you shoot a bit, the thousands of rounds still there only look like hundreds when you look in the ammo lockers, you can count them for reassurance but the lockers still look emptier than they really are.

Any updates on 5.56? I have an order out (#2597) placed 1/2/13. I am fine with waiting, just wondering since the website says it is expected back in stock 4/1. Thanks!

I understand you guys are swamped, I just want to get this order off the books. It was 70-75 pc of lapua brass and 175 SMKs that I sent it to be reloaded 5 months ago. I paid with a check and have a copy of it. I don't even shoot .308 any more, but would like my components back or a check for them and a refund for my payment.

Thanks

Just a heads up to those who need inquires about orders or other things.

Kristen is going to reset the customer service email. So if you need a question answered about order status, email at: [email protected]

You might already have an email there now, there are just to many mixed questions about orders, pricing, what you got, ect. So we are going to reset it, its the only way to reoragnize this who thing due to the resources we currently have.

If you need pricing or what ammo will be available soon, email [email protected].

Thanks all for the patients and business.

Zach

dieselgeek, call my office I will get this dealt with. I have instructed Kristen to work it out what ever way.

I just unboxxed 300 rounds will be sending you another batch Monday.

One other thing, are you going to do 300 WM any time in the future?

Last edited:
Order#: 4862 Order date: 03/10/2013 3 boxes of preorder 308 Shipped 5/18/2013
Order#: 5353 Order date: 04/10/2013 5 boxes of preorder 308 Shipped 5/18/2013
Order#: 5389 Order date: 04/15/2013 500 rounds reloaded. I supplied bullets along with brass. Recieved by SWAmmo on 4/18/13 @ 11:52AM
(300 Fed brass W/ 168 gr SMK's) (100 Blk Hills brass W/ 180 gr Spitzer) (60 Hornady Match brass & 40 Winchester brass W/ 175 SMK's)

Order#:5604 Order date: 05/09/2013 5 boxes of preorder 260 Shipped 5/18/2013

Will edit post as I recieve orders. I know I have some waiting to do but I am hoping with SouthWest Ammo growing there operation to being able to run 1 million rounds a month this long waiting process will be over soon.

Zach,
When can I expect to be able to pre-order 260 rem ammo?

Last edited:
I think it depends on the caliber, I am still waiting on my 223 order, its been about 2 months, they are refreshing their bress with a different supplier so we might be feeling the pain of that exercise.

Thank you for your order. Your order number is 4628, placed 02/26/2013 at 06:18AM

Does anyone know the wait times for ammo listed in stock?

I thought I would post this because I think people need to see the quality of the ammo that they get from Zach and Mike. I have been lucky that I have been able to shoot SW new and reloads as well. Last week I ran some of the ammo over a Magneto Speed. The factory SW was in FC12 cases and the reloads I had were in FC11 cases. The FC12 ammo had a SD of 17fps and the FC11 had a SD of 9ftps. Ammo shot great and I could not have expected more out of it. Zach and Mike really know what they are doing. Ya I know it takes some time but you get a great product in the end. Just wish I had extra cash for some more 308 175SMK orders.

Zach, Mike and company keep up the good work. The quality of the ammo really shows.

Thanks!

Yeah right, I been on such a buying binge since last August I am out of my play money and the OL told me I aint getting no more (Cash, not that) for a while, just switching over all buying to ammo from here on, no more scopes, no more guns, no more barrels, after I finish my builds in progress. Will have to wait til next year for any more big stuff.

Yay! My order of 168 SMK #2946, ordered 1/31 shipped and is on it's way. This will be my first trial of their 168 SMKs, but if it's anywhere near as good as the 175 SMKs, then I'll be very happy.

I've got two more orders pending.

And ArmyJerry, I'm somewhat in the same boat as you. I have to focus my meager funds on feeding the rifles I bought last year and an occasional component upgrade here and there.

Sounds like orders places 3 months ago are finally being fulfilled? Should i expect a ~3 month weight on the .308 175gr I just ordered?

Like Mobius38 I just shot some 142gr 260 at the Magpul clas with an SD of 12. Good stuff. Very worth the wait.

Please provide an update to order #3497.

I'd rather do this via PM, email or phone but your PM box is full and you haven't responded to the other requests.

I didn't have a chronograph, but I stretched out the southwest ammo to 1000 yards last weekend. Once I got dialed in for elevation, I had essentially no vertical spread. It seemed a bit slower than the 2650 FPS table I was using, but not by much, and given that it was 40 degrees out, and I'm shooting a stock Remington 700 barrel, I'm not too concerned. The 175gr SMK and 178gr AMAX were both excellent. Time to send in more brass!

I received notification via UPS last night that my orders for .308 which were placed in December will be arriving on May 1st. It's been a l-o-n-g wait but I'm glad it's nearly over.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the special .308 stuff Southwest is peddling on their website is supposed to ship (the ammo with their own headstamp, etc.). I know that the website says 4/9.

Did this date hold or were all these components delayed like everything else?

Just didn't know if someone else on here ordered any and if they had heard anything. I'd rather not call and bother them if I can get the info elsewhere.

Yeah Jethro, I'm with you wondering about that.

Also, if anyone has received it or is about to, please let us know how it shoots for you. Info like that is always appreciated.

I received notification via UPS last night that my orders for .308 which were placed in December will be arriving on May 1st. It's been a l-o-n-g wait but I'm glad it's nearly over.

Makes me wonder why their website even says "20,000 rounds in stock as of 4/15." Sounds like orders from 4 months ago are finally getting filled. The lack of information regarding shipping dates makes me wants to cancel my order. I understand that there are delays with parts, but it may be wise to stop accepting orders until orders start being filled.

Last edited: