• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS 1-6X24HD Pics

Re: SWFA SS 1-6X24HD Pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured some of you might like some pics. Here you go:

PICT0459.JPG
</div></div>

Jon, which QD swivel mount is that on the left side of your JP handguard?

Wow, this thread is pretty dead. I guess I can read my own posts above about the June-ish time frame. However, there is often some one beta testing who can add some details. Or perhaps we will get a May surprise from SWFA. Either way.... bump.

this looks incredible, and exactly what Im looking for to put on my ar-10... put me down for a group buy!

Sorry if I've overlooked this, but does the SS throwlever work with the 1-6?

No - I talked to them yesterday and they said it will follow after the release of the 1-6...

what would be a good mount for the SWFA SS 1-6 to be mounted on a LMT MWS 16inch barrel with troy hk style buis.have my first 308 coming out of jail in 10 days and this will be my first optic other than a eotech on an ar-15

If you plan on taking the scope off and on, pay the money for a Larue or ADM. If you're not, just about any of the non-QD forward mounts would be the direction I'd go.

Rich

Hey guys! Does anyone know if they will have a cat tail or switch lever for the 1 x 6?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured some of you might like some pics. Here you go:

PICT0459.JPG
</div></div>

Jon, which QD swivel mount is that on the left side of your JP handguard?</div></div>

PRI: http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186731

I also have a couple of these: http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-rotation-limited-mount/

They both work pretty well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys! Does anyone know if they will have a cat tail or switch lever for the 1 x 6? </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NeoItaly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No - I talked to them yesterday and they said it will follow after the release of the 1-6... </div></div>

Still waiting to hear if the reticle is bright enough to be seen lit at full daylight.

Rich

imo,it depends on what your definition of "seen lit in full daylight" is. if you mean in the same way that a burris tac30 can be seen than yes,if it's my definition,for which you would have to look at the S&B short dot,then no,..the way or the reason the S&B is trully bright daylight visible has to do with how the dot is projected.

i have scopes that i can take pictures of showing the lit reticle in daylight,but i don't consider the illumination in them trully daylight usable.

Sorry if this has been asked, but will the cat tail for the 1-4x fit the 1-6x as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: throwback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry if this has been asked, but will the cat tail for the 1-4x fit the 1-6x as well?</div></div>
I asked that recently. Here is their reply:

"The 1-4 throwlever will work, the knurl is slightly larger. But we are currently working on designed one for the 1-6 specifically."

Tag so I can find this again. I'm still kicking around the 10,000 likes deal.

Thats a great deal I wish I had the money to take advantage of it. I could use the 1-6 for an AR and the 5-20 for a 300 Win Mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: priler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> imo,it depends on what your definition of "seen lit in full daylight" is. if you mean in the same way that a burris tac30 can be seen than yes,if it's my definition,for which you would have to look at the S&B short dot,then no,..the way or the reason the S&B is trully bright daylight visible has to do with how the dot is projected.

i have scopes that i can take pictures of showing the lit reticle in daylight,but i don't consider the illumination in them trully daylight usable. </div></div>

Definition being is it as bright as a Swaro Z6i or even a Meopta Meostar R1? Both of these are full daylight visible and likely the extremes of the price spectrum.

Rich

It's almost humorous going back and reading about expected delivery in Spring/Summer...2012. It's starting to look like Spring/Summer 2013. I'm kinda getting tired of waiting.