• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

Re: SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InfiniteGrim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What about those waiting on the 5-20's, any update on them? Me and someone else split the deal and I'm waiting on the 5-20. </div></div>

+1

SWFA,
Thank you for the update. Does this problem apply to the 1-6's exclusively or all models? I have a warranty replacement currently in process.

I understand that life happens. There is nothing that can be done about that but I would like to know what my expectations should resemble.

Thank you,
Pete

Appreciate the update but I could not wait any longer. Ordered a Vortex HD 1-4. I will use it until the 1-6 comes in and see which one I like better,and sell the other one. I guess I could just build another AR and keep both

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical .22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the update, SWFA
smile.gif

How exactly has the reticle changed? Is the illumination still going to be as good or better than the 1-4 (super bright, daylight-visible high end, nice, dim low end)? Are the subtensions and reticle thickness roughly the same as the pictures that were published? If not, would you mind posting details of the new reticle? </div></div>

Lines do not extend all the way to the edge of the field of view. Illumination is very good and bright. Subtentions are the same. We'll get some images up soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Justin204</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the update, but what about the 5-20's? When will they be back in stock? Are the reticles in the 5-20 also being made by the new reticle vendor? If so are they to remain exactly the same? If not what will they look like? </div></div>

5-20's should be here this month in small numbers then larger numbers next month. Reticle is the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catalyst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA, the minute you guys changed suppliers and had to retool and start the process over again and overshoot the shipment dates you guys should have told us. We don't all care about the wait - we care about being kept in the dark. :-(

With that said, I fully appreciate the depth of the update. Hopefully, your customer service team will continue communication, as you get additional news.

I think there's quite a few of us waiting on these 1-6's for 3-gun competitions. I know I am. Realistically, what kind of timeframe are we looking at now? Fall? Winter? Next Spring? I ask, because I need to make arrangements. I don't need a hard date, I just need a realistic guess.

Thanks.

</div></div>

I pretty much did tell you as soon as we had hard facts. It would be a full time job to tell you everything about everything. Once a solution was achieved and confirmed we informed.

We may have small numbers in before summer is over. We are hoping on large shipments Sept.-Oct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA, you guys, when we get thru the SS 1-6's then we can start talking about a
SS 1-8x HD. Dare I say 1-10?
wink.gif
</div></div>

True 1x to anything is really difficult. We'll stick with the 1-6x for a while and start working on a little brother for the 5-20x50.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA, you guys, when we get thru the SS 1-6's then we can start talking about a
wink.gif
</div></div>

True 1x to anything is really difficult. We'll stick with the 1-6x for a while and start working on a little brother for the 5-20x50. </div></div>
YAY ME!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA, you guys, when we get thru the SS 1-6's then we can start talking about a
wink.gif
</div></div>

True 1x to anything is really difficult. We'll stick with the 1-6x for a while and start working on a little brother for the 5-20x50. </div></div>
YAY ME!!!!</div></div>

Been waiting on that one. What power range are you guys looking at? Please say 3-15...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whistler.gif
</div></div>

Hehehe!! 1.5/1.8-10, 2.5-10 (12 better), would do me good..... FFP, HD & some kind of new cool reticle I can't imagine yet. Low profile exposed knobs that look like the USO EREK would send me over the top.

sweet.....something in the 2.5-10 3-12 range in a lighter weight HD version would be sweet for a hunting rifle. Especially with lower profile turrets.

thanks for the updates. i hope you guys are hitting up some of the other larger enthusiast sites that have multi-page issues for this facebook promo.

SWFA, Thanks for the update. The SWFA HD 1-4 really hit a home run with me---great product and excellent value. I'm looking forward to the 1-6.

Thank you for not letting all the impatience and rage to rush you into releasing an inferior product. I'm happy to wait for the product to be perfected.

^ I think it is fair to say absolutely no one expressed anything close to "rage" here on this topic. That is some pretty extreme hyperbole.

Disappointment << Rage.

SWFA,

Will you be shipping items as soon as they arrive or will you be waiting until the entire order is fulfilled, and ship whole?

Pretty certain they'll be shipping as they come, and RMA will probably get getting the priority.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Normally we would ship in large quantities as it is much more economical but in this case we will have them air freighted in, in small quantities as little as 25 units so that we can get them to our customers that are patiently waiting.

</div></div>

Thanks for the update swfa. Sounds like it will be worth the wait once they ship out. Crossing my finger that I get mine in time for a november Texas pig hunt.

Can't wait to get hands on these scopes. My wife is waiting on her Handmedown
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhenerie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait to get hands on these scopes. My wife is waiting on her Handmedown
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Now that is funny.

Went to the 100 yard indoor range today. Man I am tired of my 1X magnification reflex sight on the AR at 100 yards... Could be soon now!

100 Yard Indoor ? That would be nice in the winter, or a rainy day

^ Yeah it's great, despite being in San Diego (El Cajon). We barely need it.

Wow... a 100 yard indoor range... it must be huge.

Red dots get boring fast when stationary.
frown.gif

I hope i hope a few scopes come in soon. About to hit month 6 of waiting on my RMA.
frown.gif

^ P2k range. Nice place. Indoor 100 yard with about 10 lanes, indoor 25 yard range also with about 10 lanes and 2 outdoor trap ranges. Also an outdoor police/military training area.

I doubt I'll jump in on another pre-order after this but thank you for taking the heat and not cutting corners - with that being said, I'll definitely stick with this one. I'm looking forward to the finished product and hopefully Jon will have a review up soon to help ease the wait!

I've been trying to stay away from this thread but it keeps making it back to the top, I can't resist coming back in. It was 8 months ago now since Jon put up that first review that hooked me. At that time I was just starting to collect the parts I would need for my LR-308 assembly. I got her up and running in, I think it was April, memory is a shambles. Desperate to shoot her, I found a USO 1.5-8x28 FFP, JNG, MOA/MOA scope from at the Optics for sale forum here at snipers hide. It came with a La Rue SPF 1.5 QD mount all for $800, so I jumped on it thinking it may be some time before this SS 1-6x24 HD was in my hands. Well I was right, but that's okay. Then I since broke down again and got an SS 12x42 about 1.5 months ago because the USO just doesn't cut it for precision range work for when I do my load development. I couldn't tell whether the ammo was shit or I just couldn't see the target through that thick JNG FFP reticule @ 6 power. SS 12x42 proved to me I couldn't see target well enough for precision with the USO, plus my eyes sucking now. I'm hoping the SS 1-6 with it's open center at 6x will perform better than the USO does for these purposes but really I wanted the illumination and that bad ass new reticule design. SS 12x for range precision and SS 1-6 for hunting and, dare I say, possible but I dunno if likely, SHTF, hahaha.....

But anywho, since SWFA showed up here with update there isn't really anything that we can say or do more with this thread. So should we do something else with it? How bout show off you hardware the new SS 1-6x HD is intended for? And the SS 5-20x HD too. And talk about what you got under the hood, too, if you want. There is just one caveat to this, If you want to play you have to show pics. If you do not show pics you are a stinking lowlife of a liar douche bag who should be banned from SH.
If you think this to be dumb and don't care I understand, because it is dumb, hahaha, but I care!!

But anyway, I'll start, of course....

All the important shit...
JD Machine Tech receiver set large frame, and JD hand guard 14", adj. gas block.
JP Enterprises Super Match 16", LMOS BCG, JP EZ fire control group.
Slash's Car 10-XH heavy buffer/spring.
Magpul UBR and stuff
Oh yeah and it's in .308 caliber

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

So that's my baby, I want to see yours, dammit!!!

^ I'll try and post up some pics tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for precision range work for when I do my load development. I couldn't tell whether the ammo was shit or I just couldn't see the target through that thick...I'm hoping the SS 1-6 with it's open center at 6x will perform better</div></div>
Today I shot a group with it at 100 yds where I put four rounds in 1/4" before screwing up the fifth. Don't get me wrong, for load testing I still like more power but with the small center dot the reticle is much improved for precise holds on small targets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today I shot a group with it at 100 yds...</div></div>

1-6x with the new reticle, correct?

Are you the first public beta tester or simply a preferential customer who get one before the rest of us plebes?

I find it a bit surprising that they need folks outside of their organization for testing.

This is where my 5-20 Is headed. Just took some hurried pics, nothing fantastic

Savage 12FV-SS action.
XLR evolution Chassis
Farrell 20 MOA Steel Base
Aadmount Triple lug rings
18de0e3b.jpg

9d3806f0.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today I shot a group with it at 100 yds...</div></div>

1-6x with the new reticle, correct?

Are you the first public beta tester or simply a preferential customer who get one before the rest of us plebes?

I find it a bit surprising that they need folks outside of their organization for testing. </div></div>
Jon has a long history of testing new SS scopes. So it is not really going outside the organisation. Not to mention in the update SWFA posted, they said the first one would be going to Jon for testing.

Most Buyers (Including myself) Would like to see equipment tested by an outside source.

With products as high in quality as the SWFA HD line its also cheap advertising in a Niche market for SWFA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for precision range work for when I do my load development. I couldn't tell whether the ammo was shit or I just couldn't see the target through that thick...I'm hoping the SS 1-6 with it's open center at 6x will perform better</div></div>
Today I shot a group with it at 100 yds where I put four rounds in 1/4" before screwing up the fifth. Don't get me wrong, for load testing I still like more power but with the small center dot the reticle is much improved for precise holds on small targets. </div></div>

That's good & what I will expect from it judging from your review and what I can gather from over at SWFA. I look forward to my experience with it going forward.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How bout show off you hardware the new SS 1-6x HD is intended for? And the SS 5-20x HD too. And talk about what you got under the hood, too, if you want. There is just one caveat to this, If you want to play you have to show pics.</div></div>

Well, here's a crappy cell phone pic through my 5-20, looking at a couple of steel targets on the local 1000y range.

5-20.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhenerie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Buyers (Including myself) Would like to see equipment tested by an outside source.</div></div>

I think most buyers expect a company to have required expertise in house and to combine that with private solicitation of ideas from external experts. That being said there is certainly nothing wrong with lots of testing or even external testing. It just seems very late in the game with an overdue product that has suffered known set backs in design, sourcing and production to have products sent outside the company (half way across the country) for test and evaluation. What if Jon hates the reticle (or some other key feature) at this point? Sure, that is unlikely in the first place, but why the external testing then anyway if it cannot constructively contribute to real design changes. Is it just a rubber stamp? It's great to get his opinion or that of other qualified outsiders, just not this late in the game. JMHO...

Either way sounds like we are getting dangerously close on the 1-6's shipping.

Pretty sure that if this doesnt get released in the next couple of weeks I am going to go with the new Vortex 1-6. The wait is friggin' killing me! If that is the case I will be giving up my 1-6 pre-order if someone wants to save $200.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty sure that if this doesnt get released in the next couple of weeks I am going to go with the new Vortex 1-6. The wait is friggin' killing me! If that is the case I will be giving up my 1-6 pre-order if someone wants to save $200. </div></div>

I'm no scope guy and haven't looked through many different scope products, I'm new to the game. But I can tell that the SS 1-6 beats the Vortex 1-6, at least from what I know about them from Jon's review from January and the latest review on the Vortex that's also now here on this forum. Better features, I think the SS reticle smokes the Vortex (just IMO) because of its design and how its calibrated with the FFP feature, much much better and down to earth price. I expect the SS to be very robust, but I am sure the Vortex is too. The main thing IMO that the Vortex has over the SS now is that it is available, but not for very long now.
KillZone I hope you stay the course, man. I wonder if you may regret, in the long run, dropping the SS. But I hear you too, I hope the SS starts shipping in next 2 weeks. It's been a tough wait but we made it this far, just a little more patience bro....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gasdoc09</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How bout show off you hardware the new SS 1-6x HD is intended for? And the SS 5-20x HD too. And talk about what you got under the hood, too, if you want. There is just one caveat to this, If you want to play you have to show pics.</div></div>

Well, here's a crappy cell phone pic through my 5-20, looking at a couple of steel targets on the local 1000y range.

5-20.jpg

</div></div>

I wish I had a 1000 yard range close enough to me, I wish I had a 500 yarder for that matter. Heck I can't even go 300 around here. Nice reticle you got there gasdoc!!

Any pictures of the reticule or will they be shipping soon?

JonA, is the 1-6 you're using one of the ones with the new, revised reticle, or the one you've had since the beginning?

For the 5-20 s coming in, will they first go to people that haven't received theirs yet, or to those awaiting CS replacement for issues with their original one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the 5-20 s coming in, will they first go to people that haven't received theirs yet, or to those awaiting CS replacement for issues with their original one? </div></div>

I think you should ask SWFA that directly. They probably won't answer for you here.

On a side note I called them to add Butler Creek's to my 1-6 order, $15, and asked if they knew when.... Guy just said they haven't been given a date yet.

The worst part of waiting for me has been I keep adding stuff to the order. I've added things to the order twice. I guess I justify it by only paying for shipping once. I'm pretty excited to get the 1-6 but the gun the 5-20 is going on won't be done for a while.

I got the 5-20 for the GAP-10 I ordered in April. At the moment I'm waiting to see what will show up first the 1-6 or the GAP-10. Pretty much the same as waiting for a silencer - painful.
wink.gif

Well, summer is over. Guess we missed that shipping target!