• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

Re: SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

Well, I have finally canceled my order and am returning the 5-20. This has just been too much for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan327</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I have finally canceled my order and am returning the 5-20. This has just been too much for me. </div></div>
If anyone else plans to cancel, let me know.
I missed the initial offering and want to get in on it. I'll take your place in line. Thanks.

Sounds like a lot of people here got in after "the deal" went live.

Like i said in an earlier post, mine was ordered in April a couple of months before there was mention of a facebook deal. It couldn't have been announced/available for pre-order for more than a month when i ordered (order confirmation# 186xxx) because i'd been eyeballing the 1-4 for a while, it took about an hour of thinking about it to order the 1-6 at full price. I've heard nothing that anyone else hasn't seen on their facebook page...and just that chances were "high" i'd be in on the first batch. yep...waiting sucks.

You guys leaving... which 1-6 first focal plane scope with daylight visible illumination and lifetime transferable warranty, for about $600, are you switching to?

This is why I continue to wait. It's not like there is a readily available alternative that I can get right now.

There are plenty of alternatives. Maybe not for you.

People are voting with their feet and taking their business someplace else, for whatever reason, and they have plenty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xXGearheadXx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a lot of people here got in after "the deal" went live.

Like i said in an earlier post, mine was ordered in April a couple of months before there was mention of a facebook deal. It couldn't have been announced/available for pre-order for more than a month when i ordered (order confirmation# 186xxx) because i'd been eyeballing the 1-4 for a while, it took about an hour of thinking about it to order the 1-6 at full price. I've heard nothing that anyone else hasn't seen on their facebook page...and just that chances were "high" i'd be in on the first batch. yep...waiting sucks.

</div></div>

The Facebook deal was announced on April 12th, the first coupon code for the 1-6 went hot on April 26th.

Meh, this isn't nearly as bad as waiting for my JAE 700 that i'm paying nearly full price for that I ordered 1.8 years ago. :p

For the price SWFA is giving us these scopes or, it's well worth the wait.

I just sold my USO sn3 1.5-6 and shipped it off too Kansas yesterday. I hope I shouldn't be worried about that.

Crap. Pretty sure the credit card I had on file expired. Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.

There ya go!! Be nice but firm. Try to get intel. Oh who am I kidding here, doh....

Marksman...had to do the same thing the other day, the only comment I got from them was " wow you ordered a long time ago" Gave a generic response on shipping too...some time soon. After reading a few other posts above I really shat myself. Someone earlier stated they were order 186XXX, I checked mine and I'm 193XXX...should see my 1-6 by Christmas!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grassyknollgunr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone earlier stated they were order 186XXX, I checked mine and I'm 193XXX...should see my 1-6 by Christmas! </div></div>

Surely you do not believe they have approximately 7 thousand (or even anything close) to that number of orders for this product?

LOL... I sure hope not! Just doesn't make me very optimistic about seeing anything in the first few shipments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grassyknollgunr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone earlier stated they were order 186XXX, I checked mine and I'm 193XXX...should see my 1-6 by Christmas! </div></div>

Surely you do not believe they have approximately 7 thousand (or even anything close) to that number of orders for this product? </div></div>

I would be surprised if there were 1000 scopes ordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hotbrass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Surely you do not believe they have approximately 7 thousand (or even anything close) to that number of orders for this product? </div></div>

I would be surprised if there were 1000 scopes ordered. </div></div>

I would be very surprised if the number is that large. It would be great though to have any even loosely related data to justify either of our hunches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hotbrass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grassyknollgunr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone earlier stated they were order 186XXX, I checked mine and I'm 193XXX...should see my 1-6 by Christmas! </div></div>

I would be surprised if there were 1000 scopes ordered. </div></div>

I'm willing to bet that they had 7000 TOTAL orders for any of the products on their site in between these two order numbers. They offer a lot of stuff.

Got my 5-20 this week. Anyone else's not come with a manual?

Can someone please explain the focus piece, is the middle ring a locking ring?

Also does the magnification or parrallax lock? They seem really stiff.

If anyone wants to dump the 1-6 for $700ish whenever they finally show up, send me a message and a proof of life photo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone wants to dump the 1-6 for $700ish whenever they finally show up, send me a message and a proof of life photo. </div></div>

I have a slight feeling after someone sticks out the wait they're not just going to dump their scope that cheap. You may convince someone to give up their spot to ya.

Maybe... but look at it this way:
$1600 for the group buy for two scopes.
Recoup $700-$750 by selling the 1-6.
Puts them in the 5-20 for $850-$900.
I'd do that all day every day.

It's been a long time. There are people that have changed their minds on what they need and/or are just tired of the clusterfuck.

It's a win/win.

Offer stands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InfiniteGrim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my 5-20 this week. Anyone else's not come with a manual?

Also does the magnification or parrallax lock? They seem really stiff. </div></div>

Do you remember when you ordered? Still waiting on two 5-20s

Did you ask SWFA to ship together? I had when I was told the 1-6 would be in soon, had to ask for my 5-20 to be shipped seperate when I realised that once again the 1-6's weren't coming soon. It may be worth a call to check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhenerie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InfiniteGrim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my 5-20 this week. Anyone else's not come with a manual?

Also does the magnification or parrallax lock? They seem really stiff. </div></div>

Do you remember when you ordered? Still waiting on two 5-20s </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone wants to dump the 1-6 for $700ish whenever they finally show up, send me a message and a proof of life photo. </div></div>
Shit. If someone is willing to do one for $700 I'll buy another one.
Mine came out to $895 after taxes and shipping. Even with the promo.
The more I look at the other 1-6 offerings. I'm hoping giving a Texas company a shot will not leave me feeling disappointed. If it isn't daylight bright you guys may see mine in the PX.

I didn't think daylight bright was expected with this one. I think I remember Skylar or someone at least being non comital on that issue.

Also, I wouldn't sell mine for less than $1000. I do believe that when this thing finally ships it will be a hot item in its class and finally prove to be worth the wait, not for all I suppose, but for me at least. This should be a rather desirable item and especially because of the $1000 price point.

Illumination better be daylight bright on the 1-6x or there is going to be a bunch of disappointed people..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys leaving... which 1-6 first focal plane scope with daylight visible illumination and lifetime transferable warranty, for about $600, are you switching to?

This is why I continue to wait. It's not like there is a readily available alternative that I can get right now. </div></div>

I've heard this rumor of such a scope almost a year ago now. We're all still waiting to see if such a scope exists.

Pretty obvious but .... calling the 1-6 a $600-$700 scope isn't very representative given that you must also spend an additional $1k or so to get that price. The 1-6 is a $1000 scope and I fully agree that if it is as good as the 1-4 it will be untouchable in the market even at $1k. That's why were all here...

Who's calling it a $600-$700 scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who's calling it a $600-$700 scope?
</div></div>

Bedlam. $600 in the context I was using (others referred to the "cost" as about $700 with the combo group buy). 3 posts up quoted and then about 25 up for the OP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meh, this isn't nearly as bad as waiting for my JAE 700 that i'm paying nearly full price for that I ordered 1.8 years ago. :p

For the price SWFA is giving us these scopes or, it's well worth the wait.</div></div>

I'm in the same boat. Ordered my jae gen3 m1a stock 1.5 yrs ago. Waiting on 1-6 and 5-20.

I've learned to be patient. The firearms industry thought me this. I've got 2 suppressors and a sbr stamp waiting for. Waiting sucks but I've gotten used to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this scope will have a open center with a dot. Like a IOR MP-8 reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Correct me if I'm wrong but this scope will have a open center with a dot. Like a IOR MP-8 reticle. </div></div>

I don't think it will have a dot per se at the center, probably more like a cross.

The problem is that we've all seen some early prototype reticles here. The current reticle on the SWFA website matches those pics. However, earlier posts here in this thread by SWFA note that the reticle design was changed slightly.

I've asked SWFA (again here in this thread) to let us see the final reticle design and post it. Unfortunately, they have not done so.

Here is a picture of the new reticle:

For what it's worth, I called SWFA to update my credit card information (somebody made some fraudulent charges on my card last week) and made an inquiry about the status. Nothing seems to have changed from the previous updates given: They received a small batch and are currently going over them in house and expect to be shipping shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hotbrass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the new reticle: </div></div>

I see what you did there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hotbrass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the new reticle: </div></div>

Exactly
mad.gif

You A-hole! I was waiting for the picture to load.
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quinc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hotbrass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the new reticle: </div></div>

You A-hole! I was waiting for the picture to load.
eek.gif
</div></div>

Dont get mad at me. I have given you more than SWFA.

Your welcome.

Yeah that was a very good one, bro!! Keep up the good work.

It's now my belief that we never hear from them on this thread ever again.

I mean if they had been attentive throughout this whole thing, at least as much
as they had at first which still was not much, there would not be as many pissed off customers here.

Some are still patient, maybe many or maybe even most still are who knows. But this has been the place where we come to bitch & more bitch.

They may think this thread is lost for them.

Unless you like getting kicked in the junk, you haven't missed anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steveptr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just want the ss 5-20 </div></div>

I've seen many for sale on various forums. calguns.net seems to get them fairly regularly. I have no idea if the recent run has affected the used scope market though. Give ellitedealseeker a try as well.

AS thought of possible delivery dates grows nearer, I had an epiphany:

Man, I'm going to miss this thread once it goes away--once orders are filled...(enter sarcastic comment of your choice here). Checking in daily on the "SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy" for entertainment value; anticipating the slightest chance of NEW information being released; watching the back and forth banter between the characters that lurk on this thread. What fun it has been getting to know those vocal members who post their 1-6 comments on a regular basis. This soap opera has become part of my life and I'm going to miss anticipating new posts on this thread once it goes away.

If only we could figure out how to make it go on and on...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BW88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AS thought of possible delivery dates grows nearer, I had an epiphany:

Man, I'm going to miss this thread once it goes away--once orders are filled...(enter sarcastic comment of your choice here). Checking in daily on the "SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy" for entertainment value; anticipating the slightest chance of NEW information being released; watching the back and forth banter between the characters that lurk on this thread. What fun it has been getting to know those vocal members who post their 1-6 comments on a regular basis. This soap opera has become part of my life and I'm going to miss anticipating new posts on this thread once it goes away.

If only we could figure out how to make it go on and on...</div></div>

I don't think you have to worry about this thread ending anytime soon. SWFA is doing a masterful job of keeping it going "on and on" with no end in site. Until I either see an official update from them (yeah right) or someone posting pics of it in their sticky hands, I'm still going to believe they are no closer now then they were back in in October. Hope they prove me wrong.

oh SWFA... update this already. We're now moving beyond the 2nd promised delivery date with no updates...

I got an update from SWFA.......

It was to let me know they had 31 and 33 round KCI knock-off Glock mags in stock for 39.99 and 49.99 at very respectable 100% MARK UP over normal retail of $19.99.

Glad to see they are taking care of the shooting community.............

I think all of you guys still in the wait (I canceled my order) should go on their facebook page and post questions/complaints every day, or at least unlike it and share your frustrations on your own pages, with friends, or other parts of the internet.