• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes SWFA Super Sniper 5-20X50HD

Re: SWFA Super Sniper 5-20X50HD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Am I the only one that thinks that its fucked up that a German sniper patch from WWII is on this scope?</div></div>

I don't have problem with it. It's not like its pushing Nazi ideology which I do have a problem with. It's simply recognizing that the german sniper in WWII were great marksman and even though they may have fought for a evil cause I'm sure we can all agree that they were a formidable opponent.

Just my two cents.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beochie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that thinks that its fucked up that a German sniper patch from WWII is on this scope? I know my grandfathers wouldn't appreciate it. Confirmed kills...really, I hope that it wasn't anyones grandfather. </div></div>

You should be completely offended and demand that the scope you purchased be sent to me.

Otherwise, cancel your order and STFU!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeo556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Am I the only one that thinks that its fucked up that a German sniper patch from WWII is on this scope?</div></div>

I don't have problem with it. It's not like its pushing Nazi ideology which I do have a problem with. It's simply recognizing that the german sniper in WWII were great marksman and even though they may have fought for a evil cause I'm sure we can all agree that they were a formidable opponent.

Just my two cents..... </div></div>

Throwing the "SS" under the birdshead really brings it all together too.....Just saying......Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna order one!!

No, that wasn't meant to be serious, afterall I'm still getting one. But just purely as an observation though you have to admit by trying to drop off the "sniper" name and abreviating it to SS it makes the new image look as awkward no??
crazy.gif
I have always thought the whole "sniper" and 'countersniper" names were a bit gimmicky, but that's just me. And I will add
wink.gif
just to lighten the mood here.

It's a community thing...you wouldn't understand. Our STA shirts, offensive? We still wore them...still do!

Front:
1024270.jpg

Back:
1024271.jpg

Concerning the SS eagle head....it appears to be that it was inspired by the German patch and not like they put an exacting copy of the German patch.

In the immortal words of Sergeant Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis."

Lots of stuff, especially surrounding USMC Snipers comes from German SS oF WWII...

The term Kopfjager, the Lighting bolts SS, the meat tag tattoo under the arm, all came from the Germans.

Shit, my Werewolf rifle is from the 2nd Panzer SS, the logo has their logo hidden in it... the Original SH logo has been considered very WWII German, the list is endless.

The Sparrow fits...

When a symbol, letter or number formerly used for evil is converted to the use of the good its called "Irony"

Maybe a bit deeper than a sidewalk puddle to get it but some of us find it perfectly fine.

Kinda like
Hostage negoiation equals getting them to the window

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda like
Hostage negoiation equals getting them to the window </div></div>

I lol'ed

I didn't know the US took so much from the Germans. If it was in respect for their skills that's fine. It just hit me as odd that an award for killing our troops was now acceptable to put on merchandise. Im still not a fan of the idea but I can see swfa meant no harm.

Thanks to all the others just wanting to be pricks and not explain anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beochie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't know the US took so much from the Germans. If it was in respect for their skills that's fine. It just hit me as odd that an award for killing our troops was now acceptable to put on merchandise. Im still not a fan of the idea but I can see swfa meant no harm.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Thanks to all the others just wanting to be pricks and not explain anything.</span> </div></div>

Aww...he got his cherry popped!
wink.gif

Super Sniper was the name they got when SWFA bought the line from Tasco. They were kind of stuck with it.

Since the new models came out they have changed the name to SS to move away from the Super Sniper name. I remember reading a post that Chris put on Optics Talk I think, that the Super Sniper name was not their favorite either.

So in reality Super Sniper is no longer the name of the scopes. It is SWFA SS. It has been that way for 2 or 3 years, some folks have just not caught on yet. They had to keep the name similar so people would know, but still differentiate it some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Super Sniper was the name they got when SWFA bought the line from Tasco. They were kind of stuck with it.

Since the new models came out they have changed the name to SS to move away from the Super Sniper name. I remember reading a post that Chris put on Optics Talk I think, that the Super Sniper name was not their favorite either.

So in reality Super Sniper is no longer the name of the scopes. It is SWFA SS. It has been that way for 2 or 3 years, some folks have just not caught on yet. They had to keep the name similar so people would know, but still differentiate it some. </div></div>

This is actually the same sort of irony Mike was describing. ;-)

Yep, and the KISS logo has the same lightning bolt SS.

I don't think Gene, Peter, Ace, and Paul are Nazis......

PhotoBucket

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greywolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
People take this shit way too seriously - and get SOOOOOO offended by the least little things - I'm ashamed and embarassed when this crap pops up regardless of the topic - take a chill pill, have a beer, brush the sand out of your mangina, and just take things for what they are without trying to find racism and anti-semitism in every little thing.
</div></div>

+1000

Makes me think of........

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/plY9hpA_Nbg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/plY9hpA_Nbg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Super Sniper was the name they got when SWFA bought the line from Tasco. They were kind of stuck with it.

So in reality Super Sniper is no longer the name of the scopes. It is SWFA SS. It has been that way for 2 or 3 years, some folks have just not caught on yet. They had to keep the name similar so people would know, but still differentiate it some. </div></div>

The above is true. My father asked me about the logo and SS. I explained it and he was OK with it. He drove an M36 tank destroyer from Omaha beach to Austria with Patton. I have photos he took at the first death camp he helped liberate on the Western front. I don't think this Logo glorifies Nazi ideology any more than having my Dads souvenirs hanging in my "man cave" does.

I alwys just saw it as a bird of prey, representing the eye... of the hawk, eye of an eagle, or falcon...vision, clarity, precision, accuracy, maybe even dealdy...nothing devious or negative at all. It's a little corny looking, but that's OK. So am I.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beochie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't know the US took so much from the Germans. If it was in respect for their skills that's fine. It just hit me as odd that an award for killing our troops was now acceptable to put on merchandise. Im still not a fan of the idea but I can see swfa meant no harm.

Thanks to all the others just wanting to be pricks and not explain anything. </div></div>LOL...welcome to the Hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beochie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that thinks that its fucked up that a German sniper patch from WWII is on this scope? I know my grandfathers wouldn't appreciate it. Confirmed kills...really, I hope that it wasn't anyones grandfather. </div></div>

I see your point. I'm going to cancel my order because it would be wrong to acknowledge the skill and fortitude of the Germans. I can't see anyone here admiring the great shots that were made with those crude weapons of WWII. Admiring the skills and tactics that had to basically be developed from scratch. It would be crazy to think that a sniper patch or logo from WWII would be something someone would want or think it was pretty cool.

By the way, where can I get one? Not for me of course.

Ordered one today. Sick of waiting for the 3-20 pmii and this will suit my needs till 2020 when it finally arrives

(You whiners suck btw)

We are all doing our best to patiently wait... no whinnin though.

DK

Glad I ordered a week after the promo code for the 500 off went active. Now like everyone else waiting for the magical day
laugh.gif

Aron-

Approximately when is the magical day?

I'm considering jumping on this deal, but my considering might take a while and I'd hate for the deal to expire when I finally decide.

ETA?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottyman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Approximately when is the magical day?

I'm considering jumping on this deal, but my considering might take a while and I'd hate for the deal to expire when I finally decide.

ETA?</div></div>

Today is the final day for the "like" count to reach the 10K mark....doesn't look remotely possible....bummer.

The 17th is the last day to get the $500 off deal.

Im Jewish and it doesn't bother me - it is somewhat strange though. Even if it did bother one, its nothing a little electrical tape cant fix. Not to mention I like the idea of SS rolling in their graves.

American + Jewish + Anti-nazi SWFA owners FTW!

LoL ^^^ so if it does not even bother a Jew why the argument
laugh.gif

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LoL ^^^ so if it does not even bother a Jew why the argument
laugh.gif

Aron- </div></div>

One never speaks for all - I can understand why people are concerned and truthfully the whole notion is a rather personal thing.

Well this being a free country no one is forcing anyone with a pistol at there head to buy one if they find a damn bird offensive or the SS. There are just some things that we have to grow up from and become men, not boys that think that girls still have cooties and they cant be touched.

Aron-

Interesting. It's odd how things that meant something in a particular era may mean totally something else in a different era.

I'm sort of neutral on the logo. and I don't want to ruffle anyone's "feathers". But when I first saw the chicken, I thought it was funny.

...waiting on my new SWFA 20x scope. Baby needs new glass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There are just some things that we have to grow up from and become men, not boys that think that girls still have cooties and they cant be touched. </div></div>

Like I said its a personal thing - I dont buy mercedes, bmw, volkswagon because it makes me uncomfortable driving in a car that has in the past represented and supported evil. I also dont believe in punishing a son for his fathers sins so its a difficult position to be in.

I dont see it as punishment, rather an individual choice dependent on comfort levels. No need to make it any bigger than it is, when it comes to the optic I doubt that SWFA was trying to evoke a sense of nazi sympathy. There may just be a level of irony that to some may be offensive. Others might wonder why it wasnt considered by the higher ups at SWFA. Everyone is right, nobody is wrong.

My uncles all fought in WWII and so did my father. I was grew up hearing of their hatred of the Japanese more so than the Germans. Their point was the cruelty that Japanese did to their prisoners. So when Joplin was flattened here in MO the Japanese sent in supplies via airlift while they are still dealing with a mess at home after that tsunami. So I think we can all get over the past to a large degree.

However, the Japanese and the Germans have proven to be our allies more than once in the past 40+ years.

I would think if you a problem with an insignia now days it would be one with a cresent mooon and a star on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My uncles all fought in WWII and so did my father. I was grew up hearing of their hatred of the Japanese more so than the Germans. Their point was the cruelty that Japanese did to their prisoners. So when Joplin was flattened here in MO the Japanese sent in supplies via airlift while they are still dealing with a mess at home after that tsunami. So I think we can all get over the past to a large degree.

However, the Japanese and the Germans have proven to be our allies more than once in the past 40+ years.

I would think if you a problem with an insignia now days it would be one with a cresent mooon and a star on it. </div></div>

Or even a Hammer and Sickle. Stalin and Mao were not very nice either (so I've read).

Attchung!

3rd Recon's manditory reading is 'Devil's Guard' by George Robert Elford...well, it was a few years ago, not sure if that still stands.

A whole slew of things came from Germany after the war. Aircraft designs, TTPs, interrogation techniques, you name it.

I was named after my father who was named after my great uncle who was a German Submariner. His U-boat was scuttled by a destroyer so they surfaced. He was captured and sent to Arizona to pick oranges for the duration of the war. After that, he was sent back to his home which resided in the Eastern side. I think it's time I should change my name because I don't want to offend someone I've never met, on a firearm forum.
whistle.gif

My other grandfather fought for us (the U.S.A.) in the pacific and was awarded two purple hearts along with a bronze star with V device. Maybe that will balance me out. I also am in the <span style="text-decoration: underline">U.S.</span> Army. One of my best friend's grandfather fought against the Germans on our side and he told me that he has never in his life seen a more professional soldier, best gear and best uniforms for the time.

Imagine all the other neat-o fun stuff we could have gotten our hands on if Patton took Berlin.

Jawohl!

and God Bless America.

Guys dont smack on the scopes because they have gone away from Super Sniper and just gone with SS instead. They did this because the quality level has gone up so much they wanted to seperate from the original inexpensive but well made scope.

These are top quality scopes offered by SWFA. A company as American as can be. Good Old Texas Family who hunt shoot and have honor not storm troopers. This has gone so off course its sad

Hahahahaha nice form posted....... ButtHurt Report form hahaha!

Aron-

Here is some history of our SS logo.

Basically our logo was thought up by my father many years prior to the Super Sniper scopes being made. He harbored the notion of combining two German WWII awards to make a logo for a scope company. At the time he had no idea what the future held and that some day we would have a scope company. At this point in time we were just retailing rifle scopes at gun shows.

My father is an avid collector of many things, his expertise is WWII and that is by far his passion. The German awards were well thought out and very unique and for those reasons they are the most desirable to collectors. For instance the Sniper Patch is an Eagle, an eagle sits up high (unseen) and searches its surroundings with keen vision, is a strong apex predator that attacks silently nad swiftly, often from long distances. His effectivness relies on not being seen, superior vision and a precise strike. (Perfect symbol for a sniper award and a "sniper" scope)

284297.jpg

The second award that inspired our logo is the Reconnaissance Clasp. Again, an eagle is perfect for a reconnaissance award as they soar high above and survey without being detected. The over sized eye to further emphasis it sees all, perfect for this type of award and perfect for a "sniper" type scope for the same reasons.

go3848-bz-recon-s.JPG

Inspired by these two thought provoking awards my father designed our logo. Our logo is not meant to be a replica of either and is not meant to promote Nazism. It is ironic that SS appears under the logo now since we ditched the Super Sniper name but in fact SS has always been part of the logo, look closely at the feathers.

It's just a logo that is meant to relate how an eagle with a big eye is similar in nature to a sniper and his tactics employing a "sniper" scope.

Damn those who call it a Super Chicken! Chickens don't have curved beaks!

5499771655_5c4442a806.jpg

"Damn those who call it a chicken!" That right there made me LOL and all my co-workers in my quiet officeroom looked at me like "WTF?". LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn those who call it a Super Chicken! Chickens don't have curved beaks!</div></div>

I didn't before, but now I can't help but think of this ...

robotchicken.jpeg

Nice Chris, just goes to show how much thought and meaning has been put into the logo. I liked it before and like it much more now. Well done.

That's a great story on how the logo was made. I'm not real sure why some people are butt hurt about the logo. Hell my Fathers family was wiped out by the Nazi's. They were fighting with the French resistance. Got captured and were hung in the streets.

I'm not offended by the logo. Nor am I offended by SS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is some history of our SS logo.

[thoughtful and inspiring story snipped]

284297.jpg

[more snipped]
go3848-bz-recon-s.JPG

It's just a logo that is meant to relate how an eagle with a big eye is similar in nature to a sniper and his tactics employing a "sniper" scope.

Damn those who call it a Super Chicken! Chickens don't have curved beaks!

5499771655_5c4442a806.jpg
</div></div>

Well, since the dreaded National Socialist Party emblems looked right for one and left for the other,

WHY DID YOU MAKE IT LOOK TO THE LEFT!!!!

Now the American Communist Party, the Green Party, and the Democratic Party can all get butt-hurt that your SS Eagle is targeting THEM!!!

I haven't encountered something so hateful since Senator Kennedy died. Or was it when Tony Snow died? http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/07/12/550496/-Tony-Snow-MORE-IMPORTANT-than-Dead-Soldiers.

So, don't change it now. It would just make you look weak like the US military scrubbing those scripture references off of their day optics.

It's okay to make some people nervous, isn't it?

<span style="font-family: 'Fixedsys'"><span style="color: #000099">Just in case, I'm not that great a writer and this is a joke.</span></span>

You're a very good writer.

I think we are throwing in a decal of the now infamous eagle and a plastic range card with reticle subtentions on one side and the evil, dirty bird on the other...in every order.