• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA Super Sniper 5-20X50HD

Re: SWFA Super Sniper 5-20X50HD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is some history of our SS logo.

Basically our logo was thought up by my father many years prior to the Super Sniper scopes being made. He harbored the notion of combining two German WWII awards to make a logo for a scope company. At the time he had no idea what the future held and that some day we would have a scope company. At this point in time we were just retailing rifle scopes at gun shows.

My father is an avid collector of many things, his expertise is WWII and that is by far his passion. The German awards were well thought out and very unique and for those reasons they are the most desirable to collectors. For instance the Sniper Patch is an Eagle, an eagle sits up high (unseen) and searches its surroundings with keen vision, is a strong apex predator that attacks silently nad swiftly, often from long distances. His effectivness relies on not being seen, superior vision and a precise strike. (Perfect symbol for a sniper award and a "sniper" scope)

284297.jpg

The second award that inspired our logo is the Reconnaissance Clasp. Again, an eagle is perfect for a reconnaissance award as they soar high above and survey without being detected. The over sized eye to further emphasis it sees all, perfect for this type of award and perfect for a "sniper" type scope for the same reasons.

go3848-bz-recon-s.JPG

Inspired by these two thought provoking awards my father designed our logo. Our logo is not meant to be a replica of either and is not meant to promote Nazism. It is ironic that SS appears under the logo now since we ditched the Super Sniper name but in fact SS has always been part of the logo, look closely at the feathers.

It's just a logo that is meant to relate how an eagle with a big eye is similar in nature to a sniper and his tactics employing a "sniper" scope.

Damn those who call it a Super Chicken! Chickens don't have curved beaks!

5499771655_5c4442a806.jpg
</div></div>

My dad collects the same WWII stuff. I remember seeing that patch as a kid and asking about it. There were different colors for how ever many kills you got.

I look at the logo differently now after your description. I was wondering what the story was behind the eagle.

I like it, and the fact that there was that much thought put into the design makes it that much better. Good stuff.

The best part about the line of scopes, the more I read about them and your company the more i can see that you are working off input from the guys down range.
Thank you for that.

Truth be told, knowing what Paul Harvey calls "the rest of the story" leaves me with a lot of respect for the emblem. There is good and admirable symbolism there, and our history of assisting and befriending and cooperating with fallen enemies does allow us to adapt from what the Brits call "our worthy opponent".

The rock-throwers who can criticize anything they happen to disagree with often come from the "meaningful dialog" sector, with its own rich history of claiming to love the people of other countries while despising the actions of their leaders. That door certainly can swing both ways, I believe.

Don't know how many of us have heard about this, but where I live, at least one teenage fan of a certain stock car driver has been pulled over and questioned by police about is racial beliefs, because the "88" decal of the car number is apparently the same number revered by modern Nazi wannabes, as the 8th letter of the alphabet is H, and two Hs supposedly means "Heil H_____r" to them.

"Super Schutzen" works for me.

But the white ring around the bird's eye to me should be a bit smaller and a bit thinner, at the expense of it just not being usable in the smaller renderings.

There's no satisfying the rock-throwers, so we'll just ignore them whenever possible.

Well, I shared this with CFII I'll share it with everybody. A Colleague from Germany who's duaghter is a cop in Germany was refered to me to help him obtain a scope for her, nothing special. But I had the SWFA SS card on my desk, I was explaining the reticle to him when I flipped it over an showed him the SS an Eagle's head. His reaction was quite predictable. Only an Outlaw would use such a thing. I assured him it wasn't anything outlaw about it. Guess what the guys are callin' me now? You guessed it. "Outlaw". I need to download your form but that might be a little over the top. I may change my moniker to "Geachteter". ROFL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda like
Hostage negoiation equals getting them to the window </div></div>

I lol'ed </div></div>

anim_rofl2.gif

I think my bladder is empty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of stuff, especially surrounding USMC Snipers comes from German SS oF WWII...

The term <span style="color: #FF0000">Kopfjager</span>, the Lighting bolts SS, the meat tag tattoo under the arm, all came from the Germans.

Shit, my Werewolf rifle is from the 2nd Panzer SS, the logo has their logo hidden in it... the Original SH logo has been considered very WWII German, the list is endless.

The Sparrow fits... </div></div>

Roger That.

Earned the Smith-Barney way '76-'86:
PA020074.jpg

PA020076.jpg

Because a lot of people get butt hurt over little things that they don't agree with.

The illumination is not usable for hold over. Any plan to update the illumination design?

Just received my 2nd (this one is non-illum). Tic marks on elevation turret are misaligned on both scopes. That's two in a row. SWFA fixed the last one and I'm sure they'll fix this one as well but I'd say that's more than a coincidence. Also noted that on my 1st replacement scope, turret clicks were mushy and remained so even after repeated turning.

75th RGR also touts the SS around, and they are proud of it.

I actually have a few SS t shirts... yeah they raise a few eyebrows in starbucks. But im not a nazi nor do I promote it. Both my grandparents fought on our side in the war, and I have personal family friends that spent time in camps as well.

Having said that I was a soldier once. And I respect the level of professionalism in the SS soldier and SS snipers. In many ways they were no different then us. Their country called, they showed up to honor their country. They held pictures of their loved ones in their wallets just like the GI's. And they longed for the war to end and to go home to their families just like the GI's.

I had family friends that were in the Luftwaffe and Romel's africa corps as well and they were good down to earth people that were answering the call to patriotism for Germany. People tend to demonize all German military around that timeframe but its not warranted.