• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swimmer eaten by large Tiger Shark in Egypt. This is bad.

I did a night dive in Bonaire. A group of large Tarpon started following us, these babies were a good 5-6 foot long. Any reef fish you shone your dive light on was instantly attacked and eaten by the tarpon. It was awsesome, I dubbed my dive light the laser of death lulz.

Meh… go in the ocean deeper than your waist and you are at the bottom of the food chain, not the top.

I’ll stick with hot tubs. And hope there are no pythons nearby.

Sirhr
Every single time I’ve gotten in the hot tub there was a python nearby.

• Haha
Reactions: geek65
Red Sea Egypt not the place to vacation this weekend. M/Y Hurricane, a diving liveaboard yacht, still has 3 British diving guests missing after a fire started this am in engine room. 12 guest and 9 crew were rescued.

Bad to be eaten by a shark, bad to be burned to death on a yacht and then eaten by a shark.

Fixed.

Reactions: UKDslayer
Every single time I’ve gotten in the hot tub there was a python nearby.
iu

They do indeed! My wallet's dyed just like that, with a white strip down the middle to highlight the nodules. It's coming off, though, leaving natural skin color with bits of black in between the pebbles. Really looks better with age!
That’s actual spinal ray skin…the bones ground flush; not dyed.

saw this two days ago, funny thing is no one helped they just took pics and vids while the person died.

saw this two days ago, funny thing is no one helped they just took pics and vids while the person died.
Not a helluva lot anyone could do.

No boat was in the immediate area and no one can swim 50yds. and fight off a man eating shark and then bring a gravely injured dying swimmer back to shore.

I doubt unless there was a boat right there already, armed with an AK, or 870 loaded with Sabots or 00 buck, they would have been able to stop the attack.

I further doubt unarmed people in a boat could have pulled what was now possibly an unarmed, unlegged person out of the water without shooting the shark.

Quick, grab my hand!

With what? I don't have any arms!

Last edited:
That’s actual spinal ray skin…the bones ground flush; not dyed.
On my wallet, the actual skin itself is a much lighter color, like what you see on an old Japanese sword. The spinal "bone" is present and ground or sanded flush in a strip right down the middle, with the rest still raised and pebbly. But then some kind of very thin rubber-ish material coats the skin black with the middle spine stripe white from end to end. That coating is wearing off on the top of most of the "pebbles", entirely off most of the ground-flush ones, and entirely off of some of the pebbles (mostly at the fold and the part my hand rubs against when I take it out of my pocket).

KIMG0165.JPG
KIMG0166.JPG

^ You can see the translucent scales or whatever where it's been ground down, how some are lighter and matte-er than others. That's the coating. And obviously where it's worn off the more intact ones towards the top.

Reactions: 91Eunozs

If this isn’t a glaring red flashing warning sign I don’t know what would be regarding the annual trip to the Caribbean.

Sharks out in full force chewing up beachgoers, Mama June prophesying about getting eaten in the sharks house, yacht explosions with 3 people missing, a kid in the Bahamas jumped off a booze cruise boat and was attacked by a shark and body not found, and last night my wife shows me video in Destin, Fl of a black bear swimming in the gulf up onto shore. :cool:

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Like an idiot, I watched that video last week. Now I can't unsee it. F'ing brutal.

There was another one last year off South Africa that someone filmed but from much further away. I thought that was bad until I saw this one.

Some of the scariest stuff I've done is snorkeling off of a reef on Guam at night. All you can see is the light beam circle where you aim it. I was relieved when the local I was with wanted to quit and go home. I caught a few octopus but he got nothing. Found out later that a week before there had been a shark attack at that same reef.

I was a lot younger and even dumber then.
Western Shoals?

Woah.. I gotta see this! Got the link?

It was on Tik Tok (I don’t have the app so hard to search) but there were multiple videos. In the comments on two videos I saw they said it was Destin, Fl but don’t know if thats true.

I’ve heard there are Black Bears in GA but didn’t think they would be in Destin seems too far south? Crazy stuff.

• Wow
@Mike Casselton any good restaurants down your way that you'd recommend for alligator? I wanna go gator hunting so bad man..

Sorry, can't help you there, Rebecca and I rarely eat in restaurants.

We will be going out on Father's day/our anniversary to a wild game restaurant. If they serve it there, I'll order it and let you know.

The gator hunt was freaking awesome

fished exclusively for sharks about 4 years. only way a relative poor could go after 2-800 lb fish with no boat. some fought like wahoo,some like a bucket of cement.
some pussy above said all sharks should be wiped out because they occasionally whack somebody. guess that should apply to bears,gators,snakes,big cats. what a cunt! shit happens when you go into nature-woods or water. spend your money and take your chances.

Sorry, can't help you there, Rebecca and I rarely eat in restaurants.

We will be going out on Father's day/our anniversary to a wild game restaurant. If they serve it there, I'll order it and let you know.

The gator hunt was freaking awesome
The only place I got near me that has it is Pappadeauxs(highly recommended!). Their fried alligator and the crawfish bisque is some of the best food on the planet.

Any of yall ever had cured/fermented shark? Supposedly they're poisonous to eat unless cured and fermented? I hear it's disgusting honestly lol..

This shark will swallow you whole.A little shaking a little tenderizing and down you'll go!!!!

I've eaten plenty of shark. I've heard not to eat their liver, but I don't eat any kind of liver anyway. Fava beans or not
Livers of some animals contain huge amounts of vitamin A, which if you eat too much can cause hypervitaminosis A. Lots and lots of really nasty side effects. Sharks, polar bears, seals, moose, certain dogs all have those really high concentrations of vitamin A in their livers.

At least one polar expedition had members suffer vitamin A poisoning that contributed to their deaths after ingesting either sled-dog or other animal liver after food supplies ran out.

The only place I got near me that has it is Pappadeauxs(highly recommended!). Their fried alligator and the crawfish bisque is some of the best food on the planet.

Any of yall ever had cured/fermented shark? Supposedly they're poisonous to eat unless cured and fermented? I hear it's disgusting honestly lol..
I've eaten fried 'gator tail at Pappadeaux's. Flavor was ok but it was like chewing a chunk of tire off my backhoe. I prefer their Blackened Redfish.

Greenland shark is supposedly poisonous unless cured, fermented.

Like an idiot, I watched that video last week. Now I can't unsee it. F'ing brutal.

There was another one last year off South Africa that someone filmed but from much further away. I thought that was bad until I saw this one.
This video here is the one that still gives me nightmares.

iu

• Haha
Reactions: parshal
I've eaten fried 'gator tail at Pappadeaux's. Flavor was ok but it was like chewing a chunk of tire off my backhoe. I prefer their Blackened Redfish.

Greenland shark is supposedly poisonous unless cured, fermented.
Ay.. it aint for everybody but I love the stuff.

LOL.. wonder how many poor bastard(s) souls it took before they realized Greenland shark had to be cured to be safe to eat..

Ay.. it aint for everybody but I love the stuff.

LOL.. wonder how many poor bastard(s) souls it took before they realized Greenland shark had to be cured to be safe to eat..
I believe it was on River Monsters where Jeremy Wade showed some drying racks loaded with shark meat that was curing.

Then he went out on some frozen ocean with an eskimo, chopped a hole in the ice and hauled up a Greenland Shark from what looked like 1/4 of a mile down. He said it had to be cured before it could be fed to the sled dogs.

Went on a cruise with my wife a few years ago, on deck she was looking at the endless ocean saying how beautiful it was, and I was wondering how many sharks were under us right now. It’s like a chainsaw in water that can burst to 45mph. It’s weird I’ve dived a little and ran into a few sharks, if I’m underwater and can see them I’m wary but ok, if my head is above water and know one is in the vicinity it’s terrifying.

Livers of some animals contain huge amounts of vitamin A, which if you eat too much can cause hypervitaminosis A. Lots and lots of really nasty side effects. Sharks, polar bears, seals, moose, certain dogs all have those really high concentrations of vitamin A in their livers.

At least one polar expedition had members suffer vitamin A poisoning that contributed to their deaths after ingesting either sled-dog or other animal liver after food supplies ran out.

True! I learned about Eskimos and polar bear liver causing hypervitaminosis A.

I thought you wanted to kill some pythons a couple years ago.

Rules are different now and it's much easier to to hunt for them now.

Myfwc/pythons
Do yall get to collect any sort of bounty on them?
Or just doing conservation a service?

For anyone who likes turd wrangling snakes, we got all-you-can-eat timber rattlers on my dads land. It'd be much appreciated for anyone to come take em out. We do snuff em when we see em so the dogs dont step on them though(and a 13 year old neighbor girl got killed by one a good while back).
It just aint that much fun TBH and the little bastards are pretty quick... but to be fair Id imagine its a lot more fun going after something the size of a python.

Now the water moccasins can be downright demons. Had to hit one with a weedeater 3x before it backed down. And they're pretty quick too.. rather not even fuck with them honestly.

Attachments

• 143595642_430721864916157_139482279444400941_n.jpg
    143595642_430721864916157_139482279444400941_n.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 68914604_124757948845885_8768636249767411712_n.jpg
    68914604_124757948845885_8768636249767411712_n.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Do yall get to collect any sort of bounty on them?
Or just doing conservation a service?

For anyone who likes turd wrangling snakes, we got all-you-can-eat timber rattlers on my dads land. It'd be much appreciated for anyone to come take em out. We do snuff em when we see em so the dogs dont step on them though(and a 13 year old neighbor girl got killed by one a good while back).
It just aint that much fun TBH and the little bastards are pretty quick... but to be fair Id imagine its a lot more fun going after something the size of a python.

Now the water moccasins can be downright demons. Had to hit one with a weedeater 3x before it backed down. And they're pretty quick too.. rather not even fuck with them honestly.

I think only the "pros" get to collect bounty on them.

It's typical government stupidity. We have an invasive critter taking over the state. Let's make it illegal for average Joe to kill them, or just make it really difficult to figure out the rules.

It should be simple. Kill on sight by any legal means. Instead they initially used hired guns (AKA state licensed trappers) to control their numbers.
They were never able to control the numbers and now they are rapidly expanding northward.

Here's the latest on python removal/hunting:

same applies here re gators. i'm> 65 so need no fl hunt.fish license and no special stamps-snook,lobster etc. but for a gator license i need to go thru a complex bureaurcratic process. there is money in gator meat and hides,so gotta follow the corrupt path of game and fish regs favoring the profit rippers and corrupt government employees. gotta use a "professional" guide most places. i can tell you for sure that FL is loaded everywhere with gators. a 1 or 2 year license would not cause any problems at all. except that the dicks with FWC in their pocket would lose out.
same thing applies to commercial vs recreational fishing. that is probably the most corrupt setup in the country. aided by our wonderful feds. FWC is incompetent,corrupt and useless like most all LE. applies double to federal involvement.

The Missouri Department of Conservation used to be a model for the whole country. Since they stopped funding it with licenses and have gone to a sales tax it’s gone to complete shit and is full of woke transgenders who want to build hiking trails in public hunting areas, and the agents have become adversarial. It used to be they were the ones to tell you where the best spots were.