• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swimmer eaten by large Tiger Shark in Egypt. This is bad.

Meh… go in the ocean deeper than your waist and you are at the bottom of the food chain, not the top.

I’ll stick with hot tubs. And hope there are no pythons nearby.

Sirhr
Facts

Fuck a damn ocean, I’m not going near that shit.

That right there, because their bottom dwellers, and if their harvested out of some Bay area's with high levels of heavy elements.
. I never considered eating Stingray either till I ran into and bullshiting with a couple Norwegians when over in Malaysia 20+ years back . They told me direction to a backstreet restaurant that was serving Stingray daily . One thing Norwegians are expert on, is their fish so I went. They served it up similar style to a Blackened Cajun Grilled . It was SOoooo most excellent, and real meaty on both side, and I made tracks straight back there the next night also...LOL
I had that at a restaurant somewhere IVO Normandy and I agree, it is excellent. A buddy of mine called it the Steve Irwin Special.

meh... Sharks aren't that bad.
IMG_2247.jpeg

Out snorkeling the other day, I found a Rod on the floor of the gulf by the second sand bar with this guy attached. LIkely got snatched when a fisher guy wasn't paying attention. Cut the line with the dive knife I carry, swam the rod to the beach, then swam back out, found the line with the shark still attached and swam/drug it about a 1/4 east to get away from the swimmers and kids. Got the hook out of its mouth and released it.

I play in the gulf a lot, 2 weeks ago had something about 10ft long , not a dolphin, swim by. Last year got chased back to the beach by a small bull shark when I was out on the artificial reef at beach access 4. 3 years ago ran into a 12ft+ long tiger shark eating something just the other side of the pier in the photo. Used to be a 10ft hammerhead that chilled by the pier, his name was Alfred.

If you are going to enter their environment you need to be aware, pay attention. Just like any other predatory animal. Literally yesterday, while jogging the Island, I stopped 2 tourist from potentially getting bit, there was a roughly 8-10ft shark stalking a school of fish right where they were about to swim out. I stopped them from getting off the 1st bar and back on shore, pointed the shark out to them and they thanked me. I had been watching the shark for a few minutes, when I saw them get in.

Swimming in dark, unkown shark infested waters like this Russian was doing is not smart.

meh... Sharks aren't that bad. View attachment 8162778

Out snorkeling the other day, I found a Rod on the floor of the gulf by the second sand bar with this guy attached. LIkely got snatched when a fisher guy wasn't paying attention. Cut the line with the dive knife I carry, swam the rod to the beach, then swam back out, found the line with the shark still attached and swam/drug it about a 1/4 east to get away from the swimmers and kids. Got the hook out of its mouth and released it.

I play in the gulf a lot, 2 weeks ago had something about 10ft long , not a dolphin, swim by. Last year got chased back to the beach by a small bull shark when I was out on the artificial reef at beach access 4. 3 years ago ran into a 12ft+ long tiger shark eating something just the other side of the pier in the photo. Used to be a 10ft hammerhead that chilled by the pier, his name was Alfred.

If you are going to enter their environment you need to be aware, pay attention. Just like any other predatory animal. Literally yesterday, while jogging the Island, I stopped 2 tourist from potentially getting bit, there was a roughly 8-10ft shark stalking a school of fish right where they were about to swim out. I stopped them from getting off the 1st bar and back on shore, pointed the shark out to them and they thanked me. I had been watching the shark for a few minutes, when I saw them get in.

Swimming in dark, unkown shark infested waters like this Russian was doing is not smart.
Why did you cut the line when you found the rod? I would figure the line by itself would have been impossible to see by itself on the return trip, especially if the shark moved at all.

By the looks of the tail, thats a bull.

I'm surpised that shark recovered enough to swim away.

If I had as many encounters with sharks I'd at least carry a bang stick.

Why did you cut the line when you found the rod? I would figure the line by itself would have been impossible to see by itself on the return trip, especially if the shark moved at all.

By the looks of the tail, thats a bull.

I'm surpised that shark recovered enough to swim away.

If I had as many encounters with sharks I'd at least carry a bang stick.
Line was knotted. I couldn't swim with the rod and drag the shark at the same time, so i cut it. I was mainly after the rod, saving the shark was secondary.

Line was bright green/yellow and the water was crystal clear, I was surprised when It was still there.
IMG_1345.jpeg

Shark was very tired had likely been hooked for a day or 2.

It was slow at first on the release, but I watched it swim off. After it realiezed it was no long hooked, it took off.

Line was knotted. I couldn't swim with the rod and drag the shark at the same time, so i cut it. I was mainly after the rod, saving the shark was secondary.

Line was bright green/yellow and the water was crystal clear, I was surprised when It was still there.
View attachment 8162883

It was slow at first on the release, but I watched it swim off. After it realiezed it was no long hooked, it took off.
I would consider you lucky that shark was spent when pulling him in. I'm sure there was plenty of line, distance between it and you.

I saw a video long ago of a diver coming across a hooked shark in that same situation, laying on the bottom. He got too close and the shark came alive and went at him in a blur. It didn't bite him but came very close to biting him.

I would consider you lucky that shark was spent when pulling him in. I'm sure there was plenty of line, distance between it and you.

I saw a video long ago of a diver coming across a hooked shark in that same situation, laying on the bottom. He got too close and the shark came alive and went at him in a blur. It didn't bite him but came very close to biting him.
No way I could have gotten it in if it was fighting.

I used to spearfish/scuba quite a bit when I lived in S FL. Every weekend pretty much I dove chasing dinner.

I used to grab nurse sharks sitting on the bottom by the tail; quite docile creatures.

Have been run off my a 12+ foot hammerhead and also had a 7’ reef shark that followed us up 70 feet because we had fish. Always had a 357 power head.

Had a good buddy I served with that would go spear cobia off the bull sharks when they were running. I told him all the time he was fucking with fate. Wouldn’t you know not soon after he got bit, badly, by a bull? It was all over the news.

It’s their world underwater; you gotta respect it or you’ll become shark shit.

And the damn groupers? They need a season. They will steal your fish too and are dominating the reefs/wrecks and eating everything.

yea jewfish have gotten common like gators. hunted/shot out in 50s/60s. protected and bounced back over 30+ years. now still regulated as "endangered". dove/snorkeled a lot on 70s. never came across a shark. did get a few between me and shore at ft. desoto when shelling pretty far out.
there was a private pier at anna maria. bathing beach right there with kids and others playing in the shallows. you could throw a rock to the end of pier from shore. 10-15 ft deepest at the end. pier closed at night. owner lived on it and shark fished with handline ropes off the dock at night. he had pics of some that he caught that easily went 800lbs. never any hint of a shark attack at that loc. guy i knew caught a tigger off ft desoto pier. it too likely 800. no shark attacks at ft.desoto that i know about. they are there. just need to use common sense in the water. like griz when elk hunting. same deal.

I used to spearfish/scuba quite a bit when I lived in S FL. Every weekend pretty much I dove chasing dinner.

I used to grab nurse sharks sitting on the bottom by the tail; quite docile creatures.

Have been run off my a 12+ foot hammerhead and also had a 7’ reef shark that followed us up 70 feet because we had fish. Always had a 357 power head.

Had a good buddy I served with that would go spear cobia off the bull sharks when they were running. I told him all the time he was fucking with fate. Wouldn’t you know not soon after he got bit, badly, by a bull? It was all over the news.

It’s their world underwater; you gotta respect it or you’ll become shark shit.

And the damn groupers? They need a season. They will steal your fish too and are dominating the reefs/wrecks and eating everything.
There's a video of a shark whisperer that fucked around and found out when he routinely waded among a pack of bull sharks to show how misunderstood, unaggressive and unfairly maligned they were, until one swam up and bit most of his leg off, biting off his calf muscle like you would clean a chicken drumstick.

That bull had a reputation to maintain.

quite the idiot. teeth on a nurse are small and dense. they eat crabs,lobsters and like stuff. if that was a sand tiger or any requiem species= missing limb. never tried it but heard nurse shark was the best of all. here on w.coast they eat a lot of stone and blue crabs and in the keys lobster. like deer,the diet makes the quality.

There's a video of a shark whisperer that fucked around and found out when he routinely waded among a pack of bull sharks to show how misunderstood, unaggressive and unfairly maligned they were, until one swam up and bit most of his leg off, biting off his calf muscle like you would clean a chicken drumstick.

Bull sharks are assholes. They will come right up to you and bump you and/or do a test bite to see if they like the taste. Just angry all the time.

yea jewfish have gotten common like gators. hunted/shot out in 50s/60s. protected and bounced back over 30+ years. now still regulated as "endangered". dove/snorkeled a lot on 70s. never came across a shark. did get a few between me and shore at ft. desoto when shelling pretty far out.
there was a private pier at anna maria. bathing beach right there with kids and others playing in the shallows. you could throw a rock to the end of pier from shore. 10-15 ft deepest at the end. pier closed at night. owner lived on it and shark fished with handline ropes off the dock at night. he had pics of some that he caught that easily went 800lbs. never any hint of a shark attack at that loc. guy i knew caught a tigger off ft desoto pier. it too likely 800. no shark attacks at ft.desoto that i know about. they are there. just need to use common sense in the water. like griz when elk hunting. same deal.
It's like people fishing for hammerheads and bulls off Bob Hall Pier at S. Padre with people swimming in the same spot.

I knew a guy thats from there and when he was growing up shark fishermen would pay him $5.00 to get on his surfboard and take their bait out.

Reactions: mosin46

View attachment 8162883

Blurry pic, but the looks like a decent rod and reel you inherited 👍

Bull sharks are assholes. They will come right up to you and bump you and/or do a test bite to see if they like the taste. Just angry all the time.
My old buddy Chip McCormick grew up in Corpus Christi and said when playing in the surf, small sharks would come up and tail slap him and dart off.

Fuck that. It's just a matter of time...

100% agree.
They need a tag draw type of season on them like elk and deer out west.

No spearing, hook and line only. Catch and release okay until you hit 350# then you must keep it.

The biggest hurdle would be getting the damn things in/on a boat and back home.

I've lost so many grouper and snapper to them its crazy.

I've seen that video.
He's a fucking dumbass. A single calf, dumbass...

If the sharks are bad just imagine what it would have been like to have T-rexs around.

The only place I got near me that has it is Pappadeauxs(highly recommended!). Their fried alligator and the crawfish bisque is some of the best food on the planet.

Any of yall ever had cured/fermented shark? Supposedly they're poisonous to eat unless cured and fermented? I hear it's disgusting honestly lol..

Most sharks piss through their skin so the meat has urea in it and requires soaking to get the bad taste out. Not worth the effort.

Mako on the other hand does not but their season got shut down in the USA so you can’t keep them anymore. Just prior to that the minimum size was 76” for males and 83” for females.

I think only the "pros" get to collect bounty on them.

It's typical government stupidity. We have an invasive critter taking over the state. Let's make it illegal for average Joe to kill them, or just make it really difficult to figure out the rules.

It should be simple. Kill on sight by any legal means. Instead they initially used hired guns (AKA state licensed trappers) to control their numbers.
They were never able to control the numbers and now they are rapidly expanding northward.

Here's the latest on python removal/hunting:

Probably to stop people from breeding them for the bounty.

meh... Sharks aren't that bad. View attachment 8162778

IMG_3712.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GreenGO Juan

That the same guy that goes out and wrestles sharks?

Most sharks piss through their skin so the meat has urea in it and requires soaking to get the bad taste out.

Only if you don't know WTF you are doing. A shark must be "cleaned while he wiggles". Gut and bleed him right this instant if you plan to eat. Some shark is better than others but most are great when properly handled.
Don't take this as a slam on you, most folks don't know how to properly process "meat".The average deer hunter is dipshit dumb when it comes to handling deer meat. Thats why such stupid shit like "soak it in milk" exists.

Only if you don't know WTF you are doing. A shark must be "cleaned while he wiggles". Gut and bleed him right this instant if you plan to eat. Some shark is better than others but most are great when properly handled.
Don't take this as a slam on you, most folks don't know how to properly process "meat".The average deer hunter is dipshit dumb when it comes to handling deer meat. Thats why such stupid shit like "soak it in milk" exists.
Bonnethead is fantastic eating shark. Bled as soon as you catch them and thrown on ice I’ve snuck bonnethead fillets in with sea trout and know one knew.

100% agree.
They need a tag draw type of season on them like elk and deer out west.

No spearing, hook and line only. Catch and release okay until you hit 350# then you must keep it.

The biggest hurdle would be getting the damn things in/on a boat and back home.

I've lost so many grouper and snapper to them its crazy.
I’d be worried about worms in the big bastards.

They would be a hella fight on hook and line. And almost have to tow the suckers in behind the boat. But I would be all about thinning them out.

I’d be worried about worms in the big bastards.

They would be a hella fight on hook and line. And almost have to tow the suckers in behind the boat. But I would be all about thinning them out.

Worms schmerms.
Just go to Tractor Supply and stock up on Ivermectin.
Take a dose or two and you don't gotta worry bout no worms.😁

I'd bet those big fuckers are kinda fatty too.

Closest I ever been to a shark was reeling in a very good sized mackerel.. got him right up to the side of the boat at the surface as a hammerhead swam up and snatched it off the line like it was nothing. Left quite the impression in my 7 year old(at the time) brain LOL.

So we are in a Mako Shark Tourney, see a bloated fairly large Pilot Wale upside down and dead in the water, 30 miles off the coast, about 30 Blue Sharks nibbling on the remains, suddenly the Blues head for the hills, and a Great White about 22-24' long comes in and grabs the dead whale and litterly shakes the whale in the water, tearing off a big chunk. Learned later that a Great White will feed off a kill like that for weeks.

Their Ocean their rules, been diving over 55 years, still active, I feel safer at sea than in any Big City.

• Love
Reactions: Sako man

We predominantly fish for tuna and bleed them with the gaff or as soon as they get on deck if the gaff shot didn’t get it. For sharks we’ve only killed two makos, we don’t target sharks so it’s predominantly just bycatch while trolling or chunking and we almost entirely let them go.

Last edited:
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
We predominantly fish for tuna and bleed them with the gaff or as soon as they get on deck if the gaff shot didn’t get it. For sharks we’ve only killed two makos, we don’t target sharks so it’s predominantly just bycatch while trolling or chunking and we almost entirely let them go.

I target whatever puts meat on my table and in my dog dishes.
I dont waste. If I catch "trash" fish, I pressure cook them for my dogs. They eat them guts, scales and eyeballs.
All fish scraps not cooked for the dogs, go into buckets with molasses and water, to work off for fertilizer for garden and fruit trees.

So we are in a Mako Shark Tourney, see a bloated fairly large Pilot Wale upside down and dead in the water, 30 miles off the coast, about 30 Blue Sharks nibbling on the remains, suddenly the Blues head for the hills, and a Great White about 22-24' long comes in and grabs the dead whale and litterly shakes the whale in the water, tearing off a big chunk. Learned later that a Great White will feed off a kill like that for weeks.

Their Ocean their rules, been diving over 55 years, still active, I feel safer at sea than in any Big City.
I saw video of that scenario long time ago where some crazy fuck dove under a dead whale and filmed what was going on.

All kinds of sharks and other fish, including snappers to Giant Groupers were under there in a feeding frenzy. Then all of a sudden the area cleared of fish and a dark pontoon, a big Great White, came into the picture and started taking wheel barrow size chunks out of the whale.

• Wow
Reactions: Jscb1b
Red Sea Egypt not the place to vacation this weekend. M/Y Hurricane, a diving liveaboard yacht, still has 3 British diving guests missing after a fire started this am in engine room. 12 guest and 9 crew were rescued.

Bad to be eaten by a shark, bad to be burned to death on a yacht.

So, the three British guests died in their cabins - they had elected not to dive that day and were sleeping in (the others were at a dive briefing on deck and thats wh they survived).

• Sad
Reactions: JR_77