• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Synthetic Motor Oil to lube their AR 15?

Re: Synthetic Motor Oil to lube their AR 15?

I also want to add, that it is FINNALLY good to know someone is accepting a challenge to back up his words. You hear so many internet tough guys, and "I can do this" or "I can do that", all from behind the computer...so, to take it out to the field and prove it..well, again, nothing has been proved yet, but this is the 1st step, and I applaud you for accepting.

We can take this to PM to keep from hijacking if anyone feels that we are...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adamxdavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And in case you werent aware the farthest shot recorded with a 308 is over 1500 plus....it's actually farther but positively id'ing the target presents too much tactical security risk. Don't be so shocked by some shot at just a 1000 ...... </div></div>

Not "some shot", just the shot you were bragging on, lets see it.
The challenge was Rifles Only with donations in case he could back it up (rather than just backpedalling).

And Mr Davis, you must be really f*cked up on drugs, because the vast majority of your posts are in the afternoon and evenings.....

Post Time
Re: Synthetic Motor Oil to lube their AR 15? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 18, 2011 14:18
Re: Synthetic Motor Oil to lube their AR 15? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 18, 2011 00:35
Re: Synthetic Motor Oil to lube their AR 15? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 18, 2011 00:31
Re: 30mm scope rings with an elevated pica tinny rail S4 Sniper's Hide Equipment March 16, 2011 22:53
Re: Synthetic Motor Oil to lube their AR 15? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 16, 2011 21:53
30mm scope rings with an elevated pica tinny rail S4 Sniper's Hide Equipment March 16, 2011 21:48
Best all around scope for 350-1000 yards Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 16, 2011 21:42
Looking to have a semi or full custom rig built Sniper's Hide Bolt Action Rifles March 15, 2011 20:21
Re: Recomendations for basic bolt gun Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 15, 2011 20:20
Recomendations for basic bolt gun Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 15, 2011 19:46
Re: Synthetic Motor Oil to lube their AR 15? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 15, 2011 19:43
Re: LWRC REPR range report Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 12, 2011 21:21
Re: Zeroing a Burris fast fire ii Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 09, 2011 21:31
Help with zeroing a us optics erek sn-3 Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 07, 2011 19:13
Re: 308 AR guys.. what are you running on top? Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 07, 2011 19:04
Re: Building steel targets S4 Sniper's Hide Equipment March 07, 2011 19:00
Re: POF or LWRC REPR? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 07, 2011 18:55
Re: Zeroing a Burris fast fire ii Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 07, 2011 18:48
Re: Zeroing a Burris fast fire ii Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 07, 2011 07:17
Re: POF or LWRC REPR? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 07, 2011 07:13
Re: Us optics scope parallax adjustment? Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 06, 2011 13:34
Re: Got my first suppressor... Side Arms, Suppressors & K Bars March 06, 2011 13:30
Re: POF or LWRC REPR? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 06, 2011 13:23
Re: Looking into first suppressor. Need help Side Arms, Suppressors & K Bars March 06, 2011 13:20
Re: Zeroing a Burris fast fire ii Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 06, 2011 13:18
Re: Where to shoot steel in tx? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 05, 2011 19:57
Zeroing a Burris fast fire ii Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 03, 2011 22:42
Re: How do I mount a Burris fast fire to lwrc repr Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 03, 2011 22:39
Re: Looking into first suppressor. Need help Side Arms, Suppressors & K Bars March 03, 2011 14:10
Re: Where to shoot steel in tx? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 03, 2011 14:08
Re: POF or LWRC REPR? Sniper's Hide Semi-Auto Rifles March 03, 2011 14:02
Re: Parallax for 10x scope - Really needed? Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 02, 2011 14:59
Re: USO seem to be getting bad rap here lately Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 02, 2011 11:01
Re: .308 Best Suppressor Side Arms, Suppressors & K Bars March 01, 2011 20:57
Re: Process to get my 2nd suppresor?? Side Arms, Suppressors & K Bars March 01, 2011 20:54
Re: Building steel targets S4 Sniper's Hide Equipment March 01, 2011 12:45
Re: Parallax for 10x scope - Really needed? Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes March 01, 2011 12:43
Re: How do I mount a Burris fast fire to lwrc repr Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes February 28, 2011 18:58
Re: Got my first suppressor... Side Arms, Suppressors & K Bars February 28, 2011 18:54
Re: Parallax for 10x scope - Really needed? Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes February 28, 2011 18:52
Re: Parallax for 10x scope - Really needed? Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes February 27, 2011 20:00
Re: Show your US Optics Sniper's Field Photography February 27, 2011 14:44
J Point, Burris Fastfire, Trijicon rmr, deltapoint Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes February 27, 2011 14:18
Re: Free pig hunting near Houston tx? Sniper's Hide Hunting February 27, 2011 14:09
Re: Optics Selection - US Optics #1 Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes February 27, 2011 14:01
Re: 308 new gen pmags S4 Sniper's Hide Equipment February 27, 2011 13:57
Re: Got my first suppressor... Side Arms, Suppressors & K Bars February 27, 2011 13:55
Re: Home made Target ideas Sniper's Field Photography February 27, 2011 13:44
Building steel targets S4 Sniper's Hide Equipment February 26, 2011 13:29
Re: Got my first suppressor... Side Arms, Suppressors & K Bars February 26, 2011 13:17

.....wow, you were up past midnight one night, and not one post in true insomnia hours.

Why not just post who you shoot for or would that be harder than getting the President's birth certificate?

"positively id'ing the target presents too much tactical security risk"....this shit keeps getting better and better.

-sorry for the hijack, I just can't help myself. And back to the topic-MobilOne synthetic is a kick ass AR lube.

Wait, Wait, Wait....Impact Zone? Dynamic Shooting? Propane? Boom? I want a membership to that private range where the crazies are with their 9's turned sideways gangsta' style charging down a lane....

With spectators on the benches.....

Hmmm.....You a member? Can I get an application?
wink.gif

Back to the topic,
By the way, I was thinking about a mixture of syn oil and atf, about 2/1 ratio. Going to try that out, best of both worlds. I'll decide later, after a few hundred rounds or so.

I have this thing with diesel, being that it ignites with compression, pressure and heat. I know that the syn oil and the syn atf would dramatically dilute it, but I dont know.

I have used every brand in between royal purple gun oil and off name brands. I am looking at it more as a price perspective than anything else as any quality lube should do what it is designed to do, and if a qualified op is maintaining their weapon, they will see the effects of their lube process and adjust accordingly. (Not to mention I have about 9.5 quarts of syn oil in my garage that I need to use somewhere....)

Here is a picture of what I posted above:

DSCN4509.jpg

Nothing special about where yo ucan pick it up...Ive seen it in most parts house, like Advance Auto and O'reilleys.

As crazy as this guy may be, Im willing to meet up with him, to put it to rest. If he can shoot, then, well, guess all the ramblig nonsense is a moot point, and he's jsut a little off canter. Hell, maybe he got kicked out of military?
crazy.gif

Or, maybe has a case of schizo, and THOUGHT/THINKS he was/is in the military?

Maybe he stands me up? Either way, Im still willing to meet up with him to set it straight.
Like I said above, all teh years Ive been on talk forums, and people talk smack all the time, and out of all teh challenges Ive posted for people, no one has ever accepted, until now. Well, he SAYS he will meet me, so I guess we'll see...

Man - I have no idea who some of you people are or what you do other than bash people like a group of little kids. Grow the f*ck up. I'm used to people shooting at me....and no, I will not break cardinal rule #1 and disclose who I was/am with and tell you who I shot/shoot for. I may be willing to in your eyes "manup" and say I have to take sleeping meds and that I got ptsd but Im not bitching about it and im not backpedalling. You give me the time I need to finish zeroing my new sniper rifle and we will settle up. BTW - impact zone is a private range....$300 to join. And yes, you can bring thermite, API rounds, raufouss rounds, and lastly, propane tanks.

There are a few of you guys who get all bent out of shape bc I state I can hit a deck of cards at 1000....who the f*ck cares about that vs hitting a 6x6 or 6x7 plate?At the end of the day, the target isnt shooting back at you....wow..stessful. If you want, we can throw some flash bangs or something at each other during this challenge which has been blown out of proportion. This no longer has nothing to do with the original thread. If you wish to discuss further, please take it offline. Thanks.

Do me a favor...go make fun of people who havent been shot at and watched people get blown up.This is not a sniper training school forum as far as I know...Im not bragging about some dumb ass shot I said I could make either. I will either hit or miss and then you can either man up yourself and eat your words or laugh all you want and post all over this forum that I missed by 120 feet or whatever you want to make up. I am hopefuly doing the honorable thing and exiting from this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adamxdavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm used to people shooting at me....and no, I will not break cardinal rule #1 and disclose who I was/am with and tell you who I shot/shoot for.</div></div>

Hey, you're not the second from the left are you?

Thats pretty funny. What are you looking for my physical stats? Ease up bro...your pushing hard. Whenever I have enough posts to put up some pics I'll let you judge for yourself...I suppose its 100 posts? I don't push back and act like an ass toward you other than my I'll advised couch comment (sorry) but you irritated me and I don't like being disrespected by some who can't seem to tell that they are just on some forum reading posts from a guy who is ASKING for some help. I know little of weaponry in the civilian world, only what has been issued to me. I have never been able to pick what gear I shoot hence the posts ats you think are ignorant.

Are you ex-mil, former swat, small town pd, SIS, or just someone who likes to shoot weapons. Like I said, I've got a lot bigger issues in my life right now than shooting a single target at whatever range. If that fixes my PTSD and takes away my nightmares I'll go do that ever day of the week no matter what it takes. I told you I will back up my crap.

If you insult me your just showing your own lack of maturity my friend....

Are we talking about 90W Gear Lub. Sounds like some are a little tight around here. After 100+ posts,put some oil on it and shoot. Enjoy sending some lead down range.Smile!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adamxdavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man - I have no idea who some of you people are or what you do other than bash people like a group of little kids. Grow the f*ck up. I'm used to people shooting at me....and no, I will not break cardinal rule #1 and disclose who I was/am with and tell you who I shot/shoot for. I may be willing to in your eyes "manup" and say I have to take sleeping meds and that I got ptsd but Im not bitching about it and im not backpedalling. You give me the time I need to finish zeroing my new sniper rifle and we will settle up. BTW - impact zone is a private range....$300 to join. And yes, you can bring thermite, API rounds, raufouss rounds, and lastly, propane tanks.

There are a few of you guys who get all bent out of shape bc I state I can hit a deck of cards at 1000....who the f*ck cares about that vs hitting a 6x6 or 6x7 plate?At the end of the day, the target isnt shooting back at you....wow..stessful. If you want, we can throw some flash bangs or something at each other during this challenge which has been blown out of proportion. This no longer has nothing to do with the original thread. If you wish to discuss further, please take it offline. Thanks.

Do me a favor...go make fun of people who havent been shot at and watched people get blown up.This is not a sniper training school forum as far as I know...Im not bragging about some dumb ass shot I said I could make either. I will either hit or miss and then you can either man up yourself and eat your words or laugh all you want and post all over this forum that I missed by 120 feet or whatever you want to make up. I am hopefuly doing the honorable thing and exiting from this thread. </div></div>

Well, your not accepting PM's, so I couldnt ask you in private when you want to meet up. My offer still stands. Since I work for myself, Im pretty much available on Mon and Wed's from @ 9:30 AM until @ 1:30 PM (I take my kids to school in morning, and pick up in afternoon)
On Tues and Thur, are only days that are no go. My 3 year old son is not in daycare on those days, so he stays with me on those days.

And, of course, Sat and Sun Im available for most part.

I think what you are missing though, is that ALOT of the things you have said/mentioned up to this point, people have called you out on it, simply because it's BS. And by saying something like being able to hit a deck of cards at a 1000Meters like you did, REALLY put the wind to the flames. And I would say that ANYTIME someone mentions something so far outlandish, that they couldnt hit the broadside of a barn with a shotgun.
And, it went from there. plain and simple.

I dont think it will stop until you either A)say it was BS, and you dont know what you are talking about, or B)go out and shoot with someone, and prove it.

Now, you may give a rats ass one way or the other, Im just saying that, it's pretty simple that if you hang around here, until you do A or B, it will continue, more then likely.

I'm a huge fan of Breakfree LP for lube. CLP is designed to be an "all in one" to simplify the military cleaning regiment in combat operations. CLP + mineral spirits for cleaning and LP for lube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adamxdavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm used to people shooting at me....and no, I will not break cardinal rule #1 and disclose who I was/am with and tell you who I shot/shoot for....

<span style="font-style: italic">but,</span>

I may be willing to in your eyes "manup" and say I have to take sleeping meds and that I got ptsd but Im not bitching about it...

You give me the time I need to finish zeroing my new sniper rifle and we will settle up....

I know little of weaponry in the civilian world, only what has been issued to me. I have never been able to pick what gear I shoot

I state I can hit a deck of cards at 1000....who the f*ck cares about that vs hitting a 6x6 or 6x7 plate?

Im not bragging about some dumb ass shot I said I could make either... </div></div>

Somebody should quietly tell this guy to stop digging his hole.

No more than most net-clowns shoot the lubrication they used probably won't matter. Baby oil will likely be just fine. But use some rather than none. Or hell! Tear it up. Its yours.

At the range recently was this rich guy who seemed to have more money than sense firing a new Clark Custom 1911 and a three new Saber Ar15's..... dry, read no lubrication. The new Escalade and firearms successively sent the message: "I have a teeny weeny and I hope this new stuff destracts you from the truth".

However, the message he had hoped for was: "Look at me. I'm successful; my mamma didn't really beat me like they say", and the dry semi-automatic firearms he was shooting sent the message: "Despite all this new shit, I still have a teeny weeny, my mamma still confined me to the cellar, and I haven't learn shit from anyone. I am arrogant and stupid. I insist on firing dry, sem-automatic firearms and wasting money while poor Mother Teresa's kids starve to death. But that's okay. I"m cool...tacticool. Look at me and my new stuff!" Sadly for him, no one was looking...except me though I was looking at still smoking dry semi's.

I don't care about the "no lube clown". I only lament about the firearms he's tearing up. What a pity. Oh well. They are his. Clearly, he can do as he pleases. But for Pete's sake, can I please oil it for you?

This mix is popular at Badlands:

2 part 15w-40 Rotella diesel motor oil to 1 part atf

Redline assembly lube is mo' betta.

Stuff stays around and in place up to 500F plus.

Good in cold too that I've seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcw3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to be a "party crasher" here but with an AR-15, motor oil viscosity is in no way appropriate for the bolt lugs of an AR-15, while it is o.k. for the rest of the lubricated areas. The bolt on an AR opens while it is under pressure, and the lugs are the subject of "severe duty" needing something like a sticky 90 wt gear oil to avoid excessive wear. Most "gun lubes" are also not appropriate for the bolt lugs of an AR-15, o.k. for slides on a 45, or for the carrier riding surfaces on an AR-15, but not the lugs. Most greases are no good either as they don't stick around and parts go dry as you shoot. For "severe duty" applications (example - like a differential of a car) you need a sticky oil and extra viscosity and protection it offers. I use Phil Wood Tenacious Oil (buy it in bicycle shops in a bottle with an applicator tip - works perfect for an AR).

On a side note the "wet lube" of an AR-15 is no go as well, just lube the moving parts making metal to metal contact as that's all you need, you don't want lube squirting all around in the gun, down into magazines, on the cartridges, etc.

Robert Whitley
www.6mmAR.com
</div></div>

You be sure to let Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathorne, and Pat Rogers how wrong they are about lubing ARs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nw1911guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CLP has always annoyed me. It may be a Cleaner Lubricant and Protectant, but since it's a combination, it doesn't do all of them as well as individual cleaners and lubes would. I've used various stuff. One of my favorites presently is Brian Enos Slide Glide (as a grease goes anyway) and then Tetra Oil. Someone was just pointing out the Royal Purple stuff to me today to. Just don't do what a customer did years ago and lube a Glock with baby oil. </div></div>

That's funny, I inspected an arms room in Hawaii a few years ago and kept smelling bananas/tropical fruit type scent. Some kid had oiled his M4 with tropicana sun tan oil. WTF???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LARMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That's funny, I inspected an arms room in Hawaii a few years ago and kept smelling bananas/tropical fruit type scent. Some kid had oiled his M4 with tropicana sun tan oil. WTF??? </div></div>

That's a Hawaii smell. When I was in Hawaii I woke up every morning to a rooster on my hotel balcony and there was a frog the size of a dinner plate who somehow lived in the hallway.

Not that anyone cares, but we have spoken and plan on going shooting as soon as the family logistics allow us.

I'll either hit it or miss....I bet it takes me less than 4 rounds to hit it (unless the wind is blowing at 30mph)

Here's a card tailor made for you...

joker-card-01.jpg

well i can say that i now care. this is the most exciting thing since the rock returned to chicago last night on wwf monday night raw. i cant wait to hear how the shoot goes. keep us informed.

im out of marshmellow's and should go, but i cant wait to catch up on this.

you guys have really entertained me tonight.

and i also have a reason to go to napa and spend more money on "gun shit". as if this sight hasnt cost me enough money already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matt33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a bottle of M1 15w-50 I've been using since 2003. It works great for lubing my BCG. </div></div>i use this stuff on all weapons .after using it in ft.benning we test the hell of some weapons -no jamming etc plus easy cleaning but the shell of burned tires ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peepaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of what I posted above:

DSCN4509.jpg

Nothing special about where yo ucan pick it up...Ive seen it in most parts house, like Advance Auto and O'reilleys.

As crazy as this guy may be, Im willing to meet up with him, to put it to rest. If he can shoot, then, well, guess all the ramblig nonsense is a moot point, and he's jsut a little off canter. Hell, maybe he got kicked out of military?
crazy.gif

Or, maybe has a case of schizo, and THOUGHT/THINKS he was/is in the military?

Maybe he stands me up? Either way, Im still willing to meet up with him to set it straight.
Like I said above, all teh years Ive been on talk forums, and people talk smack all the time, and out of all teh challenges Ive posted for people, no one has ever accepted, until now. Well, he SAYS he will meet me, so I guess we'll see... </div></div>that stuff has a lot of zinc dichromemite -it will lap in parts -heavy load bearing -watch out !!!