• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Table of Mk13 Actions which will be coming available

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I saw a table full of real (and marked) Mk13 Actions along with Spec Accuracy International Mk13 Chassis

10325588_10152433057467953_353419503862744851_n.jpg

Might get interesting for those willing to pony up and build a Spec Mk13

What is the difference in those and a AI AX?

Thanks!

I see the metal parts are not blk like the ax but the same coloring as the psr?

What about the action, what is different about it?

It's a Stiller action, this is the Military's Mk13 which is made by Crane for the SEALs, Rangers, etc... it has nothing to do with an AI, AX other than they use the AI AX Chassis for the built.

it's apples and oranges.

It's just a 300WM that the military uses and not an AI, it's Stiller, Lilja, AI Chassis composite gun

Accuracy International AX actions are bonded to the chassis, copies using chassis are not bonded

Got it now! Thanks
    Are the actions going to be available ?

The block code on the side of the action, what is its purpose?

That is awesome, but man are they going to want a lot of dough for those. What will the price be for the receiver and stock?

And worth every penny. I'll have to get one on the secondary market I guess, need to finish my M40A1 parts gathering so I can have an A1 built before I PCS and then maybe a Mk13. I have fondled the real deal here at one of the MARSOC armories. Very slick rifles. To do it right with the spec optic you will be north of $7k depending on what kind of deal you can get on the scope and the barrel work. Good luck everyone :).

Probably be about $3k for both without any work, maybe a tick over but that is what they go for.

Does anyone have the exact specs on barrel, optics etc?

Already have mine...including pipe.

Deviating with: can (going bigger with Titan QD), Huber two stage, Atlas PSR, but also doing up a harris notched leg swivel to try, and some goodies from Victor Co. (grippy cheek rest, spacers, rear sling adapter) and surgeon adj. buttplate.

Chassis is no less than four colors, but quite cool, the action rail is a nice perk along with the shorter tube to cut down weight.

Where can we get the exact specs on the MK13 mod 6 and mod 7 ?? I really cant find an accurate answer. Stiller action, verified by press release. Chassis AI, spoke to them. Looking for trigger, barrel and length with contour muzzle devise ( im =

Im seeing AAC and surefire info as either acceptable. Plus AAC named one for the rifle. Bi-pod, sling and any other pieces.

Thanks

Contact Lilja on the pipe, he supplied them, have mine.

Have not seen any pics of one or read of any being fielded.

Running AAC Titan QD on mine, prefer titanium construction and reduced weight, regardless of spec.

And worth every penny. I'll have to get one on the secondary market I guess, need to finish my M40A1 parts gathering so I can have an A1 built before I PCS and then maybe a Mk13. I have fondled the real deal here at one of the MARSOC armories. Very slick rifles. To do it right with the spec optic you will be north of $7k depending on what kind of deal you can get on the scope and the barrel work. Good luck everyone :).

Scatsob, do you have any pics of those MK13 from the Marsoc armory? Im looking to build a MK13 Mod5 in the future. Just wondered if there was any special markings on those rifles or not. Thanks

I will actually be over there tomorrow. I will try to remember to take a look.

Scatsob, do you have any pics of those MK13 from the Marsoc armory? Im looking to build a MK13 Mod5 in the future. Just wondered if there was any special markings on those rifles or not. Thanks

I will actually be over there tomorrow. I will try to remember to take a look.

If you can take a bunch of detailed pics like you did of your a3 that will be greatly appreciated. Im looking for any marks that are unique to the gun.

Had to revive this, considering ditching the Mod 5 chassis for the Mod 7

This is from Travis Haley's facebook page. Not sure, MARSOC or if its a Mod 6 or 7?

Sweet Find.

Studs.

Definitely looks an AI MK13 Chassis, AAC MK13 can, successor to the KAC ant eater, S&B 5x25 56mm, can see the scan tag on the Stiller MK13 action too and the action rail from the AI MK13 chassis and big Lilja pipe.

I thought the lock ring looked more like the new SOCOM-RC Surefire model.?.

Last edited:
    apparently these bad ass's still think woodland rocks and harris bi-pods too....considering they can have anything thing they want. hmmm

Last edited:
    apparently these bad ass's still think woodland rocks and harris bi-pods too....considering they can have anything thing they want. hmmm

Yeah, there was a move back to the woodies by a number of units a few years ago. One of the reasons I was given was that a good portion of the ANSF were issued woodlands, so the guys partnered up with them wore it as well. I still have my crusty old woodies, but they shrunk while in storage. ;)

lol i hear ya. mine seem to have too. can you buy these high speed woodies anywhere?

I'm guessing those are probably Crye Precision woodies. If they are, then they're not the same animal that we wore and be prepared for the sticker shock.

I'm just happy I have no desire for a 300 WinMag, otherwise I'd be going into debt trying to put one of these bad boys together.

Well, I'm gonna do the win mag and stiller action. Since I do my
    own work it won't hurt so bad. Still painful nonetheless lol. Can't see any
    good reason not to have a heavy weight in the stable. Cheaper then spoon feeding a lapua. Ha

Had to revive this, considering ditching the Mod 5 chassis for the Mod 7

This is from Travis Haley's facebook page. Not sure, MARSOC or if its a Mod 6 or 7?

Look hes got one of those Shitty SR-25/M110K1 that everyone on the hide thinks is overpriced shit. Somebody tell him before he accidently takes it into a combat zone and gets his whole team killed.

It's a Stiller action, this is the Military's Mk13 which is made by Crane for the SEALs, Rangers, etc... it has nothing to do with an AI, AX other than they use the AI AX Chassis for the built.

it's apples and oranges.

It's just a 300WM that the military uses and not an AI, it's Stiller, Lilja, AI Chassis composite gun

Accuracy International AX actions are bonded to the chassis, copies using chassis are not bonded

So, question -- When I was ordering the Tac 300 @ 1.5yrs ago, I had originally tried to get a MK13...I was told they were practically the exact same thing...Don't bother trying were actually the exact words used when I was hunting one down.

It's always been a "mystery" as to what the difference are. What are the actual differences between the Tac 300 LA and the MK13?

Is it worth picking up if you already have a Tac 300 LA?

I wouldn't get to excited. if they are really the mk13 actions, they are not that good. I was using one out here in the desert with the new S&B scope. it was a very sloppy action, honestly it wasn't much better than a stock rem700 action. it is reasonably accurate, but nothing to write home about. personally, i don't care for the AICS chassis, but to each his own on that one. there are a lot better actions to buy

I wouldn't get to excited. if they are really the mk13 actions, they are not that good. I was using one out here in the desert with the new S&B scope. it was a very sloppy action, honestly it wasn't much better than a stock rem700 action. it is reasonably accurate, but nothing to write home about. personally, i don't care for the AICS chassis, but to each his own on that one. there are a lot better actions to buy

To my knowledge, that's always been a bolt issue, especially per the Tac 300s.

My buddy and I ordered Tac 300s at the same time...His was tight, mine was sloppy, we swapped bolts and both are now perfect.

PTG makes the bolts if I'm not mistaken...

Not making an excuse as to why they're sloppy, just saying that it's a rather easy fix if that is the situation.

Lowlight, any info on buying an action + stock?

I don't gamble...but I might neet to take a trip to the boats and test my luck :D

I'd read there was a minor finishing difference that I doubt anyone could noticed, the radio tag is the big difference along with different engraving. Not sure I would get bent out of shape to get a MK13 action over a TAC300 unless you were bent on creating a clone to spec. I've got one of the actions and chassis, it's in progress, but not keeping it to spec.

I'd read there was a minor finishing difference that I doubt anyone could noticed, the radio tag is the big difference along with different engraving. Not sure I would get bent out of shape to get a MK13 action over a TAC300 unless you were bent on creating a clone to spec. I've got one of the actions and chassis, it's in progress, but not keeping it to spec.

Yeah, I posted mine in the other MK13 thread.

The only differences are the finish, tag and engraving -- Otherwise, same action. -- The bolts are a little different too but, that's nothing that you can't order from PTG, either.