• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAC OPS / KMW Collaboration

Hate to burst your bubble but that IS NOT Federal Gold Medal Match ammo. Take a close look at the part number and specifications and you will see the difference.
I’m sorry I just got lost with the Federal gold ammo talk. I see that part number. Is the GM308m is this the Federal Gold Metal Match you are talking about. Thank you for your time and your assistance .

I’m sorry I just got lost with the Federal gold ammo talk. I see that part number. Is the GM308m is this the Federal Gold Metal Match you are talking about. Thank you for your time and your assistance .
The Gold Medal Match most of us use has the SMK bullet, not the OTM bullet. Look for a 168 or 175-grain SMK bullet in the description. Not sure of the PN

Reactions: Cv2009
I'm sure. Unless he machined them for AW. Surgeons are AICS.

I doubt Mike is a fan of AW mags with his high standards for function and such.

Reading some of your comments it’s clear the jar ain’t holding many marbles
Please add some marbles to the discussion.
You quoted part of his post but failed to explain or correct anything.

Since people usually come here to learn, share or troll, please educate the great unwashed.
Your post was too vague to determine which of the 3 was your goal.

Since people usually come here to learn, share or troll, please educate the great unwashed.

What do you know about 308’s mag feeding anyway….😂

Terry,

While I greatly respect you and your wealth of knowledge, this didn’t have anything to do with this exact comment per say. The AW mags are pretty darn good magazines and have been run hard for a long time as you know.

My comment was more along the lines of trolling and reading some of his comments he likes to spout garbage that doesn’t add up or follow the real world.

Reactions: Terry Cross
Damn. Here I thought my AI upto the task. You should send AI a email and explain why their AT, AT-X, AX308, AXMC-LE and AXSR should be discontinued immediately and destroyed. Unless they just want to train with them and them switch to a more reliable rifle for deployment.

Reactions: TheOE800
Bingo. That is not duty grade.
Like this? lol

1709081361718.jpeg

Damn. Here I thought my AI upto the task. You should send AI a email and explain why their AT, AT-X, AX308, AXMC-LE and AXSR should be discontinued immediately and destroyed. Unless they just want to train with them and them switch to a more reliable rifle for deployment.
Nobody said that smart ass.

Reactions: TheOE800
Sorry, I assumed that by saying the magazines weren't "duty grade" meant the rifles designed to use them weren't "duty grade" either. Struck me as funny. Guess I'll butt out now.

Sorry, I assumed that by saying the magazines weren't "duty grade" meant the rifles designed to use them weren't "duty grade" either. Struck me as funny. Guess I'll butt out now.
When I still had one nearly 10 years ago my AI was absolutely a workhorse gun, duty-rated gun. The magazines are definitely not drop safe though, that’s all I was getting at.

Hell, I don’t run HK Jet Funnel mags because the steel baseplate can pop off when you drop em onto a hard surface but I’m not saying USP handguns aren’t duty rated lol. Hell that’s a gun I trust my life to.

PSA: If this has already been solidly addressed to those purchasing these rifles, please point me to the post and I will delete this.

MAGAZINES
for these rifles:

Previous discussions regarding AW vs AICS pattern magazines are a moot point with these rifles.

These rifles will not accept Accuracy International AW magazines or any other AW clone.

The bottom metal hardware is compatible with the AW magazines but the Surgeon receivers are not.
Unless you special ordered your action from Surgeon with the receiver bottom cut for AW mag clearance or had a 3rd party re-machine it, you will not be able to use AW magazines regardless of what bottom metal or chassis you have.

Accuracy International Part number 3901 (5 rd AICS) and 3902 (10 rd AICS) are the only 2 A.I. manufactured version that will work.

To be honest, the 3902's have been pretty terrible on consistency in the last 2 or 3 years with half of the ones we have seen needing the lips opened to run reliably in any gun.

The MagPul AICS 5rd (Part #MAG549) magazines actually have been running as good. The MagPul 10rd version (Part #MAG579) is definitely more reliable than the 3902 factory mags on average.

MDT and Accurate Mag clones of the AICS also run well.

PSA: Bottom Metal Hardware for these rifles.

All rifles in this group utilize the Gen II SENTINEL DBM bottom hardware.
This hardware incorporates the new'ish Captv-Mag feature that limits magazine movement once the magazine is latched.

Captv-Mag is two integrally machined in control points on the top back of the magwell box that intercept the top back edges of the AICS type magazines. They are designed to float about 0.020" off the bottom of the Rem and Rem clone receivers while still blocking the magazine from over-traveling upward.

This feature ensures that the user will not inadvertently cause a malfunction or bind the bolt when pressing the magazine against a barricade, window sill, truck hood, rock, etc. Ditto for resting your rifle on the magazine when shooting offhand/positional or on another support.
20200222_170227 edited.jpg

This feature has been part of KMW's Mk1*, Mk2 and M5 bottom metal for 3 years now with excellent results. It is also integrally machined into the Zealot chassis.

STOCK BOLT RETENTION
You will notice a small internal groove on the I.D. of the stock bolt holes. The bottom metal should have 10mm internal snap rings in place within these grooves. This feature allows the rifle to be taken down in the field or in the shop with a standard T-handled hex wrench without the chance of losing your stock bolts.

The retention rings look like this when in place.

1000003832.jpg

1000003833.jpg

1000003834.jpg

The hex wrench/key can access the stock bolts with these retention rings still in place.

1000003836.jpg

This has been a standard feature on SENTINEL bottom metal since 2007.

My apologies for starting the derail. I didn't mean the initial comment in any negative way towards AW mags. As I said, I prefer them in most rifles.

I would have made a similar comment about precision if someone had asked about Tac Ops in a chassis. Not in a negative way about any chassis, just how the rifles are/have been made to a certain standard, regardless of purpose.

I should have worded it differently.

Reactions: stanley_white
Frank your KM-OPS should be on the Fed Ex truck tomorrow or Friday...

Mike R

Yeah 420 looks great on there! I went 527 but like that 420 on there, I’m rocking the same can too.
I love my 527 but run it on a 6.5CM. I traded the 527 for another 420 for this rifle as I want to try the 10mil nle mpct2x for my next 527.

The 420 in the photo has a ARD attached so looks longer. Love the TBAC cans!

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Got out briefly this evening, had to stop when my flock of Turkeys were heading to their roost and wanted to cross behind my target.

With a rifle like this I can never blame my tools! Shows me exactly what I am doing wrong.

IMG_7699.jpeg
IMG_7700.jpeg
IMG_7701.jpeg
IMG_7703.jpeg
IMG_7705.jpeg

Sometimes they die...
IMG_7704.jpeg

I forgot my rear bag, so I was shooting off my fist on top of two, stacked boxes of FGGM 175's 😆

That’s the exact one I got! I’ll be test driving it soon. Winds were 40mph here on Wednesday. With good weather I’ll be out Tuesday. Nice shooting!!
Thanks. I'm no Mike, but it is nice to know that the rifle is capable of one-hole groups.

Last edited:
Got out briefly this evening, had to stop when my flock of Turkeys were heading to their roost and wanted to cross behind my target.

With a rifle like this I can never blame my tools! Shows me exactly what I am doing wrong.

View attachment 8362456View attachment 8362457View attachment 8362458View attachment 8362459View attachment 8362460

Sometimes they die...
View attachment 8362461

I forgot my rear bag, so I was shooting off my fist on top of two, stacked boxes of FGGM 175's 😆
That's why the vertical is there.
Get a good bag and you will eliminate it if you use it right

When I still had one nearly 10 years ago my AI was absolutely a workhorse gun, duty-rated gun. The magazines are definitely not drop safe though, that’s all I was getting at.

Hell, I don’t run HK Jet Funnel mags because the steel baseplate can pop off when you drop em onto a hard surface but I’m not saying USP handguns aren’t duty rated lol. Hell that’s a gun I trust my life to.
Disagree

Load them with 308 Winchester and drop them. I have never had a problem with rounds escaping on the couple of occasions where I fumbled it. The issue happens when loading rounds other than what was intended to be used in them

1720, 1726, 1721 and 1725 all shot lights outtttt....

Shipping shortly 🥷 Ninjas 🥷...

Mike R.
Thanks for the update, Mike.

Travel again this week but should get to range with it soon.

Disagree

Load them with 308 Winchester and drop them. I have never had a problem with rounds escaping on the couple of occasions where I fumbled it. The issue happens when loading rounds other than what was intended to be used in them
Yeah I had dasher in mine when it ejected all of them...

Reactions: Nik H