• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAC OPS / KMW Collaboration

In mikes Defense he did ask me if I have bolt cutters so I dont have to wait for keys…

View attachment 8356275

Sirhr
I chewed mine off....
20240223_124539.jpg

After my last TacOps rifle, I invested in a good pair of bolt cutters! For those who are still waiting, it is MORE THAN worth it. This rifle is a true work of art.

Attachments

• 20240223_123631.jpg
    20240223_123631.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 20240223_124728.jpg
    20240223_124728.jpg
    951.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 20240223_124733.jpg
    20240223_124733.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 20240223_124758.jpg
    20240223_124758.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 20240223_124903.jpg
    20240223_124903.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 134
Hate to burst your bubble but that IS NOT Federal Gold Medal Match ammo. Take a close look at the part number and specifications and you will see the difference.

Has anyone tried the Gold Medal Center Strike yet?

They specifically don't mention the brand of bullet that's the "open tip match." So it's obviously not an SMK.

Hate to burst your bubble but that IS NOT Federal Gold Medal Match ammo. Take a close look at the part number and specifications and you will see the difference.
🤷🏻‍♂️ Not bursting any bubbles. I haven’t bought factory rifle ammo in years. I read Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr and assumed. Didn’t look that close. My mistake.

Can someone that has them all post some pics of the km ops compared to a xray and delta, all together in the same photo

Why is no one posting groups yet…don’t you guys shoot or it’s all sage queens around here

Shoot a lot...just have 4 rifles that I shoot regularly. This is from my last range day. 3 consecutive strings.

Second time using the rifle. It is MONEY.

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-02-19 13:59:49.343036.jpeg

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-02-19 13:58:04.315477.jpeg
Ballistic-X-Export-2024-02-19 14:01:59.462453.jpeg

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2024-02-19 13:58:04.315477.jpeg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2024-02-19 13:58:04.315477.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 16
What does that grip texture feel like? Sandpaper? Truck bed liner? My mom?

But seriously, give me an idea.

Last edited:
What are folks running for bipods on their new Rifles?

I need to do some bipod shopping.

And, no, it won't be a Harris. Or @Lowlight would hunt me down and kill me. Or at least ridicule me mercilessly in a public manner.

Sirhr

I have Atlas CAL on my other rifles and will be sticking with the theme but will do the quick release model for this one.
I am putting my TBAC Ultra 7 on it and I have 600 rounds of FGGM 175 to play with so should be fun.

Toughest decision to make so far is what scope base or rings I am going to use. Putting a ZCO 420 on it.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Why is no one posting groups yet…don’t you guys shoot or it’s all sage queens around here
Mine will be a sage queen, because I live in the High Desert and there is a lot of sage brush around, but no "safe queen."

Reactions: brianf
I'm not a RAT but I got a call from a HazMat Team that one of you and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE got your KM-OPS and jizzed in you're pants and it was a hellaaa of a clean up... Now I'm getting the bill for this mess...

Please put a magnum condom on before you get the locks off , this is bullshit...

Mike R.

Serial Numbers ending in the following will be going to the range this coming week my Ninja's
1726 , 1721 , 1720 , 1723 , 1725 , 2479

Thank you all for being patient...

Mike R.

Reactions: B y r o n
Serial Numbers ending in the following will be going to the range this coming week my Ninja's

Mike R.
I keep laughing at these posts from you Mike …who remembers their number lol

Reactions: TheOE800
Still trying to find out what front rest or bipod is being used.

I know some good shooters but a game changer bag and Harris (been shooting these groups since it was Harris or nothing) isn’t printing those groups day in day out

…inquiring minds want to know !!! Lol

Im Buying the exact same gear and I’ll post some .0 groups.

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23

Mike R.

Mike R.

Sounds good.

Thanks, Mike.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeRTacOps
So got busy this morning after coffee (road trip yesterday so couldn't get anything done...) and got my scope leveled and mounted. Bore sighted. Next I need to slip rings. But I wanted to get some photos up.

BTW, I don't pay people to shoot my rifles. But I should have paid someone to shoot pictures of this. It's art and my photos don't do justice!

Start with my scope leveling fixture. I have a plumb at 80 yards out from this butcher block (weighs 400 pounds... very stable) So first set up the scope testing tool and got it leveled. Then I can set up the rings and plumb the scope on a perfectly-level base vs. on the rifle itself. The action has a machined-in base. So I know it'll all be level when it's done. The base of this was cut by an awesome Hide member, BTW. And I machined the rest of it to dead-nuts. It has three leveling feet and a bubble that is attached to a foot machined to the upright. Great tool!

tacops 7.jpg

Decided to go a bit old-timey with this. It's an early USO 5 - 25 built by JBW and with one of the first Horus reticles fit to a 5-25. Illuminated reticle with the switch on top. Totally amazing scope. For those that remember... this is the one that went missing when it 'magically' disappeared from a Fedex Office in Connecticut. And 'magically' reappeared after the Connecticut State Police stopped by and I mentioned to the depot manager that as it was ITAR-controlled, if it didn't reappear, he'd have a visit from Federal Investigators. WIthin 24 hours it was 'found' and on the way! Cats are helping, naturaly. Badger rings.

tacops 6.jpg

And it's mounted. Ready to bore sight. For bore sighting, I typically use a mountain top that is about 20 miles away and has two distinct lines on it. Pretty much lines things right up horizontally. Vertical I'll start sighting at 50 yards and dialing in on the bullet hits. With this rifle and Horus, I'll sight in at 100. But won't be today. Mainly because I have bitchy neighbors. I'll do it on a weekday. Not that they'll be working but they'll probably be in a coffee shop in the village drinking $11 lattes paid for by their trust funds that they got so they're not living in their parents basement in Greenwich.

tacops 5.jpg

Note the tools for mounting. Helps to have the right tools! Torque wrenches... every bit known to human kind. After it's sighted and the rings are slipped, I'll index the screws with a bit of red paint. Always check your torques and look to make sure screws don't move. Attention to detail! Someone asked about the grip and it is really amazing. Funny, when I first saw pictures of it I was reminded of the old Plaster "Ultimate Sniper" stock -- my first custom stock. And while it's probably sacrilege to mention both stocks in the same paragraph, the Plaster Stock was so rough that it needed smoothing and sanding. But once it was 'cut back' a bit, it gave an excellent grip. This finish is amazing. Smooth and comfortable but no way you'll ever have anything but a great grip, including with gloves (not tested that yet.) It's a really cool finish.

tacops 4.jpg

Always make sure you have a nice scope cap. Yellow makes it hard to forget at the range. Decided to use the Atlas off my .14 Eichelberger. At least for the time being. I like the older Atlas. They are rugged, simple and light. Probably look for another one used. Or maybe get something else. It's not like the .14 needs a particularly rugged bipod!!! And I wanted a bipod today to set things up and I think this one will stay on this rifle.

tacops 1.jpg

Off side. I mounted the ring bolts on this side because they interfered with my single loading when on the bolt side. Here they are nice and out-of-the way. Nice thread protector and beautiful muzzle work by Mike and his team. Every detail is just perfect.

tacops 2.jpg

And a beauty shot... though I can probably get a more beautiful shot later. The only thing so far that I have to get a bit used to is the trigger. It's a bit light for me. And I am used to two stage triggers. That said... I don't see it's going to be an issue and I plan on trying to get used to it before changing it. It breaks super clean. I just like a bit more poundage which is merely a personal thing. In its case, the rifle looks huge. Put a big 'ol USO on it and suddenly it's pretty darn compact! Of course, with a suppressor on it, it will grow quite a bit!

tacops 3.jpg

Totally happy with this fantastic rifle. My Sensai Mike and his team hit it out of the park, not just as a shooter but with an attention to design and fit and finish that is just out of this world!

Proud to be one of the few, the proud, the Ninja! I think we need to form a club. Maybe get ourselves some challenge coins ;-) Can't be too expensive to make up 25 coins or so... Just 'sayin.

I see Tac Ops is working on another collaboration. If you missed out on this one... get on the next one. I can't imagine it will be anything but awesome!

Off to slip some rings and then do 'real' chores for the afternoon. Gonna be a long wait now for my can to get out of CIII jail, too!

Cheers,

Sirhr

A USO SN3 T-PAL! I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

JW Jr himself built my two USOs (SN3 not TPAL and my SN4). I used to live 20 minutes from his shop. Super nice guy
Yup.

He just should have stayed away from motorcycles... Still one of the best scopes out there. Coating tech has come a long way since these were new. But mechanically... hard to beat still! Pretty unlikely I'll last longer than my USO's!

Sirhr

Reactions: Nik H
So got busy this morning after coffee (road trip yesterday so couldn't get anything done...) and got my scope leveled and mounted. Bore sighted. Next I need to slip rings. But I wanted to get some photos up.

BTW, I don't pay people to shoot my rifles. But I should have paid someone to shoot pictures of this. It's art and my photos don't do justice!

Start with my scope leveling fixture. I have a plumb at 80 yards out from this butcher block (weighs 400 pounds... very stable) So first set up the scope testing tool and got it leveled. Then I can set up the rings and plumb the scope on a perfectly-level base vs. on the rifle itself. The action has a machined-in base. So I know it'll all be level when it's done. The base of this was cut by an awesome Hide member, BTW. And I machined the rest of it to dead-nuts. It has three leveling feet and a bubble that is attached to a foot machined to the upright. Great tool!

View attachment 8357748

Decided to go a bit old-timey with this. It's an early USO 5 - 25 built by JBW and with one of the first Horus reticles fit to a 5-25. Illuminated reticle with the switch on top. Totally amazing scope. For those that remember... this is the one that went missing when it 'magically' disappeared from a Fedex Office in Connecticut. And 'magically' reappeared after the Connecticut State Police stopped by and I mentioned to the depot manager that as it was ITAR-controlled, if it didn't reappear, he'd have a visit from Federal Investigators. WIthin 24 hours it was 'found' and on the way! Cats are helping, naturaly. Badger rings.

View attachment 8357747

And it's mounted. Ready to bore sight. For bore sighting, I typically use a mountain top that is about 20 miles away and has two distinct lines on it. Pretty much lines things right up horizontally. Vertical I'll start sighting at 50 yards and dialing in on the bullet hits. With this rifle and Horus, I'll sight in at 100. But won't be today. Mainly because I have bitchy neighbors. I'll do it on a weekday. Not that they'll be working but they'll probably be in a coffee shop in the village drinking $11 lattes paid for by their trust funds that they got so they're not living in their parents basement in Greenwich.

View attachment 8357746

Note the tools for mounting. Helps to have the right tools! Torque wrenches... every bit known to human kind. After it's sighted and the rings are slipped, I'll index the screws with a bit of red paint. Always check your torques and look to make sure screws don't move. Attention to detail! Someone asked about the grip and it is really amazing. Funny, when I first saw pictures of it I was reminded of the old Plaster "Ultimate Sniper" stock -- my first custom stock. And while it's probably sacrilege to mention both stocks in the same paragraph, the Plaster Stock was so rough that it needed smoothing and sanding. But once it was 'cut back' a bit, it gave an excellent grip. This finish is amazing. Smooth and comfortable but no way you'll ever have anything but a great grip, including with gloves (not tested that yet.) It's a really cool finish.

View attachment 8357745

Always make sure you have a nice scope cap. Yellow makes it hard to forget at the range. Decided to use the Atlas off my .14 Eichelberger. At least for the time being. I like the older Atlas. They are rugged, simple and light. Probably look for another one used. Or maybe get something else. It's not like the .14 needs a particularly rugged bipod!!! And I wanted a bipod today to set things up and I think this one will stay on this rifle.

View attachment 8357742

Off side. I mounted the ring bolts on this side because they interfered with my single loading when on the bolt side. Here they are nice and out-of-the way. Nice thread protector and beautiful muzzle work by Mike and his team. Every detail is just perfect.

View attachment 8357743

And a beauty shot... though I can probably get a more beautiful shot later. The only thing so far that I have to get a bit used to is the trigger. It's a bit light for me. And I am used to two stage triggers. That said... I don't see it's going to be an issue and I plan on trying to get used to it before changing it. It breaks super clean. I just like a bit more poundage which is merely a personal thing. In its case, the rifle looks huge. Put a big 'ol USO on it and suddenly it's pretty darn compact! Of course, with a suppressor on it, it will grow quite a bit!

View attachment 8357744

Totally happy with this fantastic rifle. My Sensai Mike and his team hit it out of the park, not just as a shooter but with an attention to design and fit and finish that is just out of this world!

Proud to be one of the few, the proud, the Ninja! I think we need to form a club. Maybe get ourselves some challenge coins ;-) Can't be too expensive to make up 25 coins or so... Just 'sayin.

I see Tac Ops is working on another collaboration. If you missed out on this one... get on the next one. I can't imagine it will be anything but awesome!

Off to slip some rings and then do 'real' chores for the afternoon. Gonna be a long wait now for my can to get out of CIII jail, too!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Great little write up.

Back to work so one day I ought have one!

Interesting because other people praise AW magazines . Are they not as reliable as others ?

They require much more attention to get running properly vs AICS mags. I don't know of anyone who builds LE rifles that opts for AW over AICS.

And actually, anyone running AW mags in anything except an AI rifle is using the mag for something other than it was designed for. So by default you are adding in a possible compromise to the system when using them. AICS on the other hand were specifically designed for the AICS chassis for a Rem 700 action.

@Terry Cross can chime if on the subject if he likes.

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas
Has anyone tried the Gold Medal Center Strike yet?

They specifically don't mention the brand of bullet that's the "open tip match." So it's obviously not an SMK.
Try the Federal 168-grain Tactical Tip...works well.

The center strike has a lower BC than the SMK which is also pretty crappy compared to what is out there. For range inside 600 yards, the SMK works well but beyond that, I have used Hornady ELDM or FGMM with the 185-gain Berger Juggernaut and have gotten better results. Hope to try those rounds at distance with the TacOps soon. The short barrel may produce different results.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianf
Reading some of your comments it’s clear the jar ain’t holding many marbles

Are you suggesting that there's any amount of smiths building LE rifles and setting them up for AW mags instead of AICS? Especially two lug?

Below is a clip from a Mr. Cross in another thread. Most I know feel the same way. I like AW mags and run them in as many rifles as I can. But, I'd never run them in a non AI work rifle, nor would I ever set them up in a non AI work rifle.

There's also typically no need for a 10rnd low profile mag in domestic LE bolt guns. So, you'd be doing extra work setting up an AW mag for something that isn't needed.

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 7.52.16 PM.png

Last edited: