Tac Ops Rifles

tacops1

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2009
    Maryland USA
    I think the flash from my phone doesn't do it justice. Maybe it's time to break out a real camera and take some better pics. :)

Color is off in the pics for sure. I'll do a side by side with my old Lima 51.
    That really don’t show the fit, finish, and quality. I’d love to see it with your cameras 📸 . Now that you got the new rifle direct how do you like it? Was it everything I said it was ? How about that customer service too? Mikes a stand up guy for sure

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Rifle is great, fit and finish is superb. Mike is a winner! Now it's time to decide on what scope to put on it :)

That really don’t show the fit, finish, and quality. I’d love to see it with your cameras 📸 . Now that you got the new rifle direct how do you like it? Was it everything I said it was ? How about that customer service too? Mikes a stand up guy for sure

MikeRTacOps

Private
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jun 18, 2017
    Rifle is great, fit and finish is superb. Mike is a winner! Now it's time to decide on what scope to put on it :)
    Thank you for the kind words and I must say it was a pleasure dealing with you during your build process...
    I have a feeling we will be speaking soon regarding another platform , just don't call me when the wife is within ear shot lol ;)

Mike R.

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Actually I happen to have both new in box sitting in the safe, I'll have to try one. Though, maybe something a little more compact might suit the build better. I only have the 5x25 and 27, perhaps the 4x20 ZCO would be a nice compact fit.

Tangent Theta or Zero Comp !

Reactions: tacops1 and JakeM

tacops1

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2009
    Maryland USA
    Actually I happen to have both new in box sitting in the safe, I'll have to try one. Though, maybe something a little more compact might suit the build better. I only have the 5x25 and 27, perhaps the 4x20 ZCO would be a nice compact fit.
    I went with a S&B Exos on mine with BDC. That dot reticle is awesome, yhe BDC is awesome, the mag range is awesome but the only downside is 2nd focal. But with the range finder and BDC turret I dial up as needed and boom 💥 but I’m shooting .308 and 18” gun a tango so I keep it out to 600… that turret has 6 markers

RayDBonz

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 16, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Actually I happen to have both new in box sitting in the safe, I'll have to try one. Though, maybe something a little more compact might suit the build better. I only have the 5-25 and 27, perhaps the 4-20 ZCO would be a nice compact fit.

March 4.5-28x52 is what you seek.
    Small, light, powerful.

Reactions: BuLLet

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    I do have one of the newer March's laying around, I'll have to take a look and see which it is... :)

Well look at that I do have one...

March 4.5-28x52 is what you seek.
    Small, light, powerful.

Last edited:

MikeRTacOps

Private
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jun 18, 2017
    I do have one of the newer March's laying around, I'll have to take a look and see which it is... :)

Well look at that I do have one...

Very nice you should mount that Bad Boy on your new X-Ray 51 and have your Son go shoot it ;) I think I might give him a job here at Tac Ops to Cert the rifles he's outstanding behind a rifle :)

Mike R.

Reactions: Tokay444 and BuLLet

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Cool, he can be the bullet tester! That will save more all sorts of money. :)

Very nice you should mount that Bad Boy on your new X-Ray 51 and have your Son go shoot it ;) I think I might give him a job here at Tac Ops to Cert the rifles he's outstanding behind a rifle :)

Mike R.

DJL2

Talon 6
    Minuteman
    Oct 16, 2013
    Georgia
    You know, it occurs to me that getting one of these started years ago would have been a great way to save money. I think about the thousands and thousands of dollars I've spent on guns that didn't measure up to my expectations, or guns that just weren't quite right... if I could have all that time and money back to do it over again... man.

Feels like 20 years seeing these things shoot lights out... guess I'm just a slow learner. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have yet another project gun to try and salvage into something akin to a respectable shooter. Only about $4.5k into this one so far, so no wonder it doesn't shoot worth a damn yet...

JakeM

SHS
    Minuteman
    Apr 24, 2019
    Thanks JakeM
    By the way, I’ve spoken to Mike about this. The Delta in on the website is the old one, the new one has a thinner barrel for weight reduction, as well as a carbon fiber stock. Still the A3, but lighter weight. The barrel is like what is on Frank’s vector 51. Hope this helps.

CIB2007

"Figure It Out“
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jul 13, 2018
    Amarillo, TX
    @tonyjones1981 I cant figure out if I want an X-ray or a Delta since I’m a picky son of a Bitch. Some parts are a far less wait time then others. Mike has bent over backwards to help me. As everyone has said, send him a pm then he will get in contact with you.

clark33

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Mar 2, 2019
    I'd love a 8-9lb 300wm chambered to shoot the fgmm w/ 215 bergers or the berger ammo with the 215. With the way these things shoot that would be one heck of a do all western hunting rifle.

edit: but I'm fun money poor right now

Reactions: DJL2 and Bakwa

tacops1

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2009
    Maryland USA
    For you .300 Win Mag lovers, Mike built a guy outta Texas a .300 and this was the “5 shot group” totally insane bottom! You may be able to find the little staple on the 3 shot group top lol 😂 cheers 🍻
    CC25D1A2-F90D-47C6-9FC9-560F93985918.jpeg
    1F9DE978-9ED8-47D1-B23D-3FF1F700DB14.jpeg

MikeRTacOps

Private
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jun 18, 2017
    For you .300 Win Mag lovers, Mike built a guy outta Texas a .300 and this was the “5 shot group” totally insane bottom! You may be able to find the little staple on the 3 shot group top lol 😂 cheers 🍻 View attachment 7678847View attachment 7678848
    That's my Tac Ops Ninja Louie out of Texas and that SOB can shoot his ass off. Louie's shooting buddy was James Darst back in the day and Darst shot a Tango 51 with louie at 500 yards Fed Match and punched groups in the zero's...

Mike R.

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Sure thing, can you send it back with a 5x25 Tangent Theta? :)

Wait, I think I got that one already... in the other safe!

I think I sent you the wrong X-Ray 51 would you mind returning with said scope ? LOL

Mike R.

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Gonna hit the range tomorrow, with that other X-Ray you sent up to NY.

Two for NY, Scary!

Reactions: brianf

MikeRTacOps

Private
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jun 18, 2017
    Gonna hit the range tomorrow, with that other X-Ray you sent up to NY.

Two for NY, Scary!
    Sweet , I'd like to see how the new X-Ray 51 shoots for you it was the best shooting gun of that day when I Certified 18 rifles...
    Let's see if your Son out shoots me ;)

Mike R.

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    James is asking what his hourly rate is going to be, I think he's saving up his pennies for a one way trip to Cali :)

Can he start off sleeping amongst the finished rifle racks? Any cot will do. :)

Sweet , I'd like to see how the new X-Ray 51 shoots for you it was the best shooting gun of that day when I Certified 18 rifles...
    Let's see if your Son out shoots me ;)

Mike R.

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Took me 3 hours to get home dammit. I hate the L.I.E. Just finished getting all the water out of it.
    OMG, must be all the weekend east enders returning to the city. Been drying off the AI, nice that it's modular and easily breaks down.

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    Traffic both ways.
    went into manhatten to see my parents…disaster.
    Just got back..wasn’t that bad but going west was still heavy

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    The big LIE. It's become a parking lot... Almost always busy now no matter the time.

Traffic both ways.
    went into manhatten to see my parents…disaster.
    Just got back..wasn’t that bad but going west was still heavy

DJL2

Talon 6
    Minuteman
    Oct 16, 2013
    Georgia
    Mine doesn't exist yet, but I'm slowly buying ammo for it... gotta get folks to return my e-mails about T308TTMK2, but I've got time. No issues getting my hands on T308T or TAP 80725, at least. Who knows, might even find some 4064, 4895, 4166 or Varget by then... if I get lucky.

ETA: who wants to guess who sent me a series of texts about my build at 0349 Romeo (or EST if you prefer)? 😂

Last edited:

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    James shooting in the rain, on the X-Ray... Not mine as it didn't make it out of the car with all the rain :)

The other one @MikeRTacOps sent to NY :)

View attachment 7682063

Nice thing about these guns is Id have no problem bringing it out in the rain.

My problem is loving wood and parkerizing as a pair too much.

I have spent a couple Tac-Ops rifles worth on wood and iron yet I wont take those guns in the rain.

I have two that will go in the rain and both are black oxide with McMillans.

These to me are working guns.

Reactions: BuLLet