• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

VIEW THREAD

Tac Ops Rifles

MikeRTacOps

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2017
So I took the Surgeon Xray51 to the range for the first time today. She is topped with the March 4.5-28.

All I can say is holy smokes. This setup is completely out of bounds. The rifle has essentially no recoil. It makes bug holes at 100m with absolutely no effort whatsoever. The glass is amazing even if the eyebox is a little tight. This gun makes me look like I know what I am doing (which I don't),

Prior to this, my go to bolt gun has been a Steyr SSG69 with a Swaro optic. Now this has been a great setup for the past 15 years. But the Xray is light years beyond this. I have decided that I will be parting with the Steyr for another Tacops. I will not look back.

I had not had any experience with a Tacops rifle before this. But all I can say is that the accolades are completely justified and you really have to experience this to understand just how special this firearm truly is.

I have said this before in this thread- if you have any hesitation about purchasing a Tacops rifle, don't. You will not be disappointed.

Steve
Steve
Thank you for the kind words it was a pleasure to build you a Tac Ops X-Ray 51 Glad your a happy camper...

Mike R.

Reactions: Aries64

Lewcifer

Private
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2020
Not that it bears repeating here, but I'll echo everyone else's sentiments anyways: Mike is a class act, easy to get on the phone, very responsive, and every recommendation he made was an improvement over what I thought I wanted initially.

I can't wait to mount my scope and hit the range!

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    531.5 KB · Views: 141

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
I miss my Lima 51, so took it out of the safe and shot it today!

Basic load of 168 SMK, 41 grains of Varget and WLR primers. Some old R&P brass, 90's era. :)

20210515_155449-crop.jpg

20210515_155455.jpg

20210515_155506.jpg

Another 200 Yard Target, off a crappy bench and using a Harris. :)

20210515_183618-crop.jpg

MikeRTacOps

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2017
I miss my Lima 51, so took it out of the safe and shot it today!

Basic load of 168 SMK, 41 grains of Varget and WLR primers. Some old R&P brass, 90's era. :)

View attachment 7626290

View attachment 7626293

View attachment 7626294

Another 200 Yard Target, off a crappy bench and using a Harris. :)

View attachment 7626295
I was just thinking about you about two hours ago I was getting your New X-Ray 51 ready to ship to Birdsong :)

Your probably 3 to 5 weeks out if there are no bumps in the road ;)

Mike R.

Reactions: BuLLet

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
Excellent, can't wait to try it out. :)

I was just thinking about you about two hours ago I was getting your New X-Ray 51 ready to ship to Birdsong :)

Your probably 3 to 5 weeks out if there are no bumps in the road ;)

Mike R.

Scampo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2013
Attleboro, Massachusetts
I'm testing out Sierra's new 169 grain SMK projectile in the Delta:

43.22 grains of Varget
CCI #200 primer
FGMM once fired brass
169gr SMK seated 2.207 at the ogive

Problem is the COAL is 2.865 which is too long for the internal box magazine, causing feeding issues. They shoot pretty well even though I flubbed a shot out of the 5 round string.

I'm going to test seating them at 2.167 for a COAL of ~2.820 and 2.172, COAL ~2.825.

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: JakeM and brianf

NukeMMC

Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A’ So ‘S Gheibh Sibh Feòil
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
Harrisburg, PA
I'm testing out Sierra's new 169 grain SMK projectile in the Delta:

43.22 grains of Varget
CCI #200 primer
FGMM once fired brass
169gr SMK seated 2.207 at the ogive

Problem is the COAL is 2.865 which is too long for the internal box magazine, causing feeding issues. They shoot pretty well even though I flubbed a shot out of the 5 round string.

I'm going to test seating them at 2.167 for a COAL of ~2.820 and 2.172, COAL ~2.825.
I "Mexican Matched" some FGMM168 with the 169s by kinetic pulling the 168s, dumping the powder, bushing sized the necks to 0.002" tension, poured same powder charge back in and seated to (IIRC) 2.850" OAL (I have a DBM in my Lima51). Groups opened up from the FGMM I was shooting (<1/2moa group with FGMM168 to >1/2moa with 169s). Disappointed, but not surprised. I would suspect Mike's throat reamer is made for the much more secant ogive and the more tangential ogive of the 169 isn't happy about it. I'll try some regular handloads with the 169s sometime and suspect jump length will be more critical with the 169s.

On a side note, when I dumped the charges from the 10rds I Mexican Matched, I weighed them. Not impressed at all! I found the normal powder charge to be +/- 0.2gr and the worst was a full grain from the norm. Case weights were all the same, +/- about 0.5gr and BTO were all within 0.005" before pulling bullets.

Scampo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2013
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Feeling pretty good about these 169 SMKs out of the Delta after seating them deeper to see if feeding improved from the internal magazine.

Powder charge and primer same as above - projectile is seated 2.172 at the ogive with a COAL of ~2.825 with no feeding issues, but I'm probably right at the edge.

Next steps are to see how they do out to 500 yards, and if this is transferrable to my Lima 51 with a 22 inch barrel vs Delta's 18.

5 rounds at 100 yards

Attachments

• IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

tacops1

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2009
    Maryland USA
    Guys gonna have to down size on many luxury items to possibly retire early….. I’m probably Letting my X-ray new unfired pristine no wait for what’s in it plus shipping and a Rolex deep sea for same what’s in it plus shipping pm me 😔 least I’ll have one Tacops and that’s all that matters

kthomas

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 17, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    For those of you that inquired it’s mikes direct price for those who don’t know what that is contact me, plus any fees I have in it and shipping. You’ll add your shipping for the no wait. Anyone who wishes not to wait this is for you. Rifle is pristine new unfired obtained 2021

specs :

X-ray
    22”
    Surgeon action
    Surgeon bottom metal w one mag
    Barrel threaded
    Trigger tech Diamond pro trigger
    Tacops cheek bag
    Pelican case
    Target
    American rifle company High 34mm rings coated
    Atlas bipod rail coated
    Atlas bipod w pod loc
    It will ship to your FFL the way mike ships em with pad locks in the case label attached insured FedEx ground w tracking

im lucky to have a tango to keep and for me this is a hard decision but looking to retire and some luxury items gotta go. Change of occupation is due soon. Hope to bounce back later on. If no action on this thread I’ll post in sale section. Mike knows me well and you can trust within and check feedback

View attachment 7643559View attachment 7643560View attachment 7643561View attachment 7643562View attachment 7643563View attachment 7643564

Good luck with the sale, shame you have to sell it.

If I was independently wealthy I would jump on it. But unfortunately I'm not.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: tacops1

tacops1

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2009
    Maryland USA
    Good luck with the sale, shame you have to sell it.

If I was independently wealthy I would jump on it. But unfortunately I'm not.
    Yeah kinda why I guess two rifles for me ain’t no good right now other life goals need to be taken care of I sure as hell ain’t rich 😂 one rifle will suit me just fine

kthomas

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 17, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Yeah kinda why I guess two rifles for me ain’t no good right now other life goals need to be taken care of I sure as hell ain’t rich 😂 one rifle will suit me just fine

Same boat.

I made a career change a year ago, and sacrificed a lot of income to do so. As such, I don't have the funds like I used to for fun toys.

I have one TacOps rifle, which will never leave my stable. Have never had two, but I think a Surgeon action one would be cool to compare with my R700 X-Ray.

tacops1

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2009
    Maryland USA
    Same boat.

I made a career change a year ago, and sacrificed a lot of income to do so. As such, I don't have the funds like I used to for fun toys.

I have one TacOps rifle, which will never leave my stable. Have never had two, but I think a Surgeon action one would be cool to compare with my R700 X-Ray.
    Hey I agree I’m glad I have one. That will never leave me and it goes to my son. Hell you can always sell the Remy action and upgrade here with the difference that’s not a bad thing

Reactions: kthomas

tacops1

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2009
    Maryland USA
    What’s all this poor talk on the thread …. Go be poor on a savage or RPR thread lol
    Hahahahahahahaa us poors just like to live vicariously through y’all rich ….go fund me page will start -please donate 😂

p.s.. no one here will hopefully ever be savage poor or RPR poor lol

Reactions: kthomas and brianf

stemikel

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jul 31, 2020
    I know what you mean. Just believe me when I say that the final product is well worth the wait.

MikeRTacOps

Private
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jun 18, 2017
    Thanks brother!! Thanks for making tack driving machines!! I hadn’t shot my X-ray 66 in over a year. Cold bore first shot center of steel target at 1000yds. Like taking candy from a baby!!😁
    Your Most Welcome my Ninja it's my pleasure ;)

Mike R.

• Love
    Reactions: Tokay444 and M5NSX

Aries64

Deep Behind Enemy Lines in IsWokestan!
    Minuteman
    Mar 12, 2007
    Los Angeles, California
    Here's an interesting Tac Ops .308 built on a Remington action. While Tac Ops built on Remington 700s' are plentiful, Tac Ops built on Manners Folding stocks are much less so. I posted this rifle in it's own thread, but it really belongs here so I've reposted it here. That said:

ON BEHALF OF MIKE RESCIGNO, I'D LIKE TO GIVE A BIG SHOUTOUT TO TOM MANNERS! As anyone who has spoken with Tom knows, Tom Manners is a true gentleman and a class act. Tac Ops just completed a project for a special operator based on a MCS TF3A Folding Stock. The particulars of said rifle are: 16.25", 1:10T Krieger 4G barrel & Thread Protector with Class 3 threads, modified Surgeon DBM, TriggerTech Trigger, FNV Mount, BT15 Picatinny Rail with Integrated Flush Cup Mount, and Tac Ops Two-Piece Base. I don't have a photo of the Certification Target, but it shot in the 00s'. In a nutshell, this beauty is completely BAD ASS.

Tac Ops MF 51 (Manners TF3A Folder):

Locked in folded position:

Right side of Buttstock: To fold the Buttstock: (1) Unlock the Buttstock by pushing the serrated Lock Release Button at the rear of the grip, (2) Keep the Release Button depressed while folding the Buttstock over and engaging the Lock Recess (just aft of the Cheekpiece), (3) Engage the Lock by releasing the Lock Release.

Left side of Buttstock:

"Tactical Operations" engraving on barrel:

"MF 51" engraving on barrel:

Left side of DBM:

Bottom of DBM:

Left side of NV Rail:

Overhead of FNV Rail:

BT15 3.35" Picatinny Rail with Integrated FC Socket:

Keith

tacops1

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2009
    Maryland USA
    Here's an interesting Tac Ops .308 built on a Remington action. While Tac Ops built on Remington 700s' are plentiful, Tac Ops built on Manners Folding stocks are much less so. I posted this rifle in it's own thread, but it really belongs here so I've reposted it here. That said:

ON BEHALF OF MIKE RESCIGNO, I'D LIKE TO GIVE A BIG SHOUTOUT TO TOM MANNERS! As anyone who has spoken with Tom knows, Tom Manners is a true gentleman and a class act. Tac Ops just completed a project for a special operator based on a MCS TF3A Folding Stock. The particulars of said rifle are: 16.25", 1:10T Krieger 4G barrel & Thread Protector with Class 3 threads, modified Surgeon DBM, TriggerTech Trigger, FNV Mount, BT15 Picatinny Rail with Integrated Flush Cup Mount, and Tac Ops Two-Piece Base. I don't have a photo of the Certification Target, but it shot in the 00s'. In a nutshell, this beauty is completely BAD ASS.

Right side of Buttstock: To fold the Buttstock: (1) Unlock the Buttstock by pushing the serrated Lock Release Button at the rear of the grip, (2) Keep the Release Button depressed while folding the Buttstock over and engaging the Lock Recess (just aft of the Cheekpiece), (3) Engage the Lock by releasing the Lock Release.

Left side of Buttstock:

Left side of DBM:

Bottom of DBM:

Left side of NV Rail:

Overhead of FNV Rail:

Keith
    Omfg my shorts are wet wow 😮

• Haha
    Reactions: YAOG

deltawiskey

DILLIGAF
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    Wisconsin

Left side of Buttstock:

Left side of DBM:

Bottom of DBM:

Left side of NV Rail:

Overhead of FNV Rail:

Keith
    Holy shit! Nice!! I need one of these...
    DW

JakeM

SHS
    Minuteman
    Apr 24, 2019
    That looks awesome. Does anyone have pictures of an X-ray51 with a 5-25x56 Tangent Theta?

JakeM

SHS
    Minuteman
    Apr 24, 2019
    Yeah I know. I just hoped someone in this thread may have had one at one time.

JakeM

SHS
    Minuteman
    Apr 24, 2019
    Def lots out there but who knows if someone will post in here like Aries64 stated. Let me see of I have some pics for you ;)

Mike R.
    Thank you so much. If you don’t find them it’s fine. I’m just trying to figure out what optic I need to save for. I’m debating between the S&B 5-25 PMII with gen 2 xr, or go all out for the Tangent Theta.

M5NSX

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    Thank you so much. If you don’t find them it’s fine. I’m just trying to figure out what optic I need to save for. I’m debating between the S&B 5-25 PMII with gen 2 xr, or go all out for the Tangent Theta.
    I have the S&B 5-25 PMII gen2XR on my Xray51 and Xray66. I also have a TT gen3XR on another platform. The S&B is a great choice. Either one really. Great glass never becomes obsolete.

Reactions: Aries64

JakeM

SHS
    Minuteman
    Apr 24, 2019
    I have the S&B 5-25 PMII gen2XR on my Xray51 and Xray66. I also have a TT gen3XR on another platform. The S&B is a great choice. Either one really. Great glass never becomes obsolete.
    Yeah I know. I just cringe inside if everything isn’t as good as I can get it to be. I know it doesn’t really matter. I don’t know if I can explain it clearly.

M5NSX

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    Yeah I know. I just cringe inside if everything isn’t as good as I can get it to be. I know it doesn’t really matter. I don’t know if I can explain it clearly.
    Get the Tangent Theta. Another rockin choice would be a ZCO 5-27 with mcpt 3 reticle. You would need 36mm rings for the ZCO.