• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

All these Tac Ops making me jealous, might have to just pull the trigger soon with Mike
Just do it. And when you talk to Mike ask him to include some TT love you can touch everytime you send a round down range. No not Tangent Theta or the other kind.

I had been settled on the Huber 2-stage triggers for several years but when I received my reworked Kilo-51 Mike snuck a Trigger Tech trigger into the mix and my love for the 2-stage Hubers vaporized.

The newer Trigger Tech is not only smoother breaking they have measurably zero creep with almost no post travel and short reset. I don't play in the dirt but the TTs are reportedly the most dust and dirt tolerant triggers available which is why the majority of the top PRS shooters switched to TT overnight.

You gotta try a TT.

Reactions: CIB2007
I'm a fan of TT as well. I also like two stage triggers, call me a weirdo. It's always hard to go from shooting a rifle with a TT in it to something else - as soon as I marry up, my brain's like "are you drunk? don't go home with this one."

Reactions: Stoweit
Has anyone found a good option to mount a flush cup mount on the Anschutz rail?
There is a flush cup at the rear of the stock, but a sling swivel stud on the rail. I either need a flush cup mount for the rail or some sort of stud that works in a flush cup mount.

Any ideas or solutions that have worked for you?
Thanks!

Edited to add: I did find a Grayboe flush cup stud adapter. Pops into a flush cup mount and has a sling swivel stud. I would rather have a flush cup mount on the rail, but this just might work too!

Last edited:
There is a flush cup at the rear of the stock, but a sling swivel stud on the rail. I either need a flush cup mount for the rail or some sort of stud that works in a flush cup mount.

Thanks!

Edited to add: I did find a Grayboe flush cup stud adapter. Pops into a flush cup mount and has a sling swivel stud. I would rather have a flush cup mount on the rail, but this just might work too!

@RayDBonz - If you’re looking to attach a sling, I use this Accu-shot 4” rail from B&T industries on my Delta 51 for a tab gear sling. You’ll need the hex screws and rail nuts too.

@RayDBonz - If you’re looking to attach a sling, I use this Accu-shot 4” rail from B&T industries on my Delta 51 for a tab gear sling. You’ll need the hex screws and rail nuts too.

Thanks. I was wondering if that would work with the hardware from the AFAR rail kit!

Thanks. I was wondering if that would work with the hardware from the AFAR rail kit!
It definitely works but you may need the longer hex screws. The rail does not come with hardware so you might be better off also getting the BT28 AFAR rail kit too and see which screws (1/2 or 3/8") fit best. I think I used the longer ones but not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 173
It definitely works but you may need the longer hex screws. The rail does not come with hardware so you might be better off also getting the BT28 AFAR rail kit too and see which screws (1/2 or 3/8") fit best. I think I used the longer ones but not sure.
I have used the BT15 and BT17 rails with the AFAR nuts you can buy for $10. I also use stainless low head socket cap screws from McMaster Carr if I need longer ones.

you index those hex screws?...lol

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
If you don't time the screws on your rifle I could possibly cut the tires on your car ;) LOL

Mike R.

I have used the BT15 and BT17 rails with the AFAR nuts you can buy for $10. I also use stainless low head socket cap screws from McMaster Carr if I need longer ones.
Do you recall the length and thread pitch needed? Since B&T is so stingy with screws!

Do you recall the length and thread pitch needed? Since B&T is so stingy with screws!
Think they're 10-32 but I will measure today. I tend to get the low head screws long (like 3/4") and cut them to needed length.

Anyone have a arca rail recommendation? This gun is going to be put to work so it has to have a RRS adapter for our tripods.

Might be time to add a picc rail and flush cup mount as an option?
In purty green and black of course. :)
When Mike re-did my Lima51 for DBM, he had Birdsong do the AFAR in green ... it's purty for sure.

And they are 10-32 screws for the AFAR nuts

Last edited:
Mike 51 inbound to MA and 6 Delta 51's in 6.5 Creed also left yesterday to MO, today 1 Delta 51 in 308 to New York...

Mike R.

If anybody has one to show off in New Hampshire or close to I’d love to see/try one
Where in NH? I'm just south of Foxboro MA. While not really close to NH, if you want to come down to my local range to try out my Lima, Delta and X-Ray, let me know. I'm happy to help spread the TacOps addiction when I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: jd138

Thanks!

I don't know why you would want to do that as it will limit use of the Anschutz rail. If you plan to use a sling with pushbutton QD sling swivels you should just break down and install flush cups. If you do not know how to install a flush cup properly have the flush cups professionally installed to avoid having the flush cups pull out.

Doing this keeps the Anschutz rail open to mount an ARCA rail and that group of accessories or use a BT28 AFAR picatinny rail for picatinny equipped bipods. IMO using an adapter on a sling stud is undesirable and just adds another point of failure.

Reactions: DJL2
Reactions: Stevo86