• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

Anyone have any decent photos of a TT in tan atop a TacOps rifle? Leaning heavily towards this combo but would love to see one if it’s out there.
DO IT!!! I think it looks good. Plus it’s a TT!

791CFABE-0343-42F8-814F-5AB44014AE0A.jpeg

Man, that really is nice. I wouldn’t have to worry about such things if my stinking S&B scopes would fit on a lefty Xray without the illumination knob making contact!

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
Jake,

What tripod and head are you using?
The tripod is the Shadow Tech PIG0311-G, Euro optic has them
https://www.eurooptic.com/Shadow-Tech-PIG0311-G-Field-Tripod-OD-Green.aspx

The ball head is the Sunwayfoto FB-52

I just got a 4.25" Arca Swiss rail from Area 419.

I've only shot off of it once, but at 300 yards every group I shot from the sitting was well under 1 MOA.
I can get the wobble zone to about 1 inch or slightly less in the sitting, and it seems that putting even the smallest amount of rear support can all but eliminate you vertical, just touching rear with your hand can make a big difference vertically.

The tripod is the Shadow Tech PIG0311-G, Euro optic has them
https://www.eurooptic.com/Shadow-Tech-PIG0311-G-Field-Tripod-OD-Green.aspx

The ball head is the Sunwayfoto FB-52

I just got a 4.25" Arca Swiss rail from Area 419.

I've only shot off of it once, but at 300 yards every group I shot from the sitting was well under 1 MOA.
I can get the wobble zone to about 1 inch or slightly less in the sitting, and it seems that putting even the smallest amount of rear support can all but eliminate you vertical, just touching rear with your hand can make a big difference vertically.

I thought you were rocking an old school manfrotto that had the 15lb weight limits.

Under 1 moa at 300 is great shooting with a tripod!

• Sad
Reactions: JakeM
I have an RRS tripod with a Uniqball gimbal head.

However, I don't have an ARCA rail on my TacOps, so I would have to put a fortune cookie on top of my tripod head and have the rifle ride it.

@JakeM that's great shooting off of a tripod!
Is Anschutz rail not an ARCA rail?

Is Anschutz rail not an ARCA rail?
No, you have to connect the two though if you aren't going to use a PIG saddle.
I used the screws and fasteners from the B&T AFAR rail kit to put the Arca Swiss rail on the Anschutz rail.

Reactions: RayDBonz
For those that might be interested, the Foundation Stock rail and hardware fit the anschutz rail on Mikes stocks. A friend of mine runs them on his tacops to mount directly to his RRS tripod.

Sawtooth also makes dove tail rail for the anschutz.

Reactions: JakeM
View attachment 8040331
Anschutz to arca rail adapter.

Found here. No longer available there or on rrs site.

I think I tried one of these but it didn't fit.

There's different Anschutz standards apparently.

I just don’t think his shop equipped for that large of an order. He has help, sure. But he is the one that does all the final touches. Who would be ordering that many? No Le or govt needs 100k rifles…

I just don’t think his shop equipped for that large of an order. He has help, sure. But he is the one that does all the final touches. Who would be ordering that many? No Le or govt needs 100k rifles…

He said he couldnt divulge much until after it was official. It was over the course of 5 to 10 years if i remember our conversation

Part of the Ukraine deal then. 😂
I wouldn't doubt it in the least these days lol. 5-10 years is still a lot. 10-20k rifles a year. Does Mike make that many now per year?

Last edited:
I hope they are not being shipped in a blue over yellow Birdsong custom finish......

Reactions: TheOE800
I don't think I saw any Echo 51 pics in this thread, so I figured I would add one. I found this rifle in my old man's safe and pulled it out for a range day. Shot a few groups to get the scope back on target and then easily cranked out this last group while it was creaking around on its old Harris bipod. Ammunition was an old box of FGMM I found with it, amazing.

fingers crossed these pics attach right...

Attachments

• 3809F554-1326-4D35-83E8-5693B11A3349.jpeg
    3809F554-1326-4D35-83E8-5693B11A3349.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 96365273-AF75-4FED-AE32-BD6445D2D938.jpeg
    96365273-AF75-4FED-AE32-BD6445D2D938.jpeg
    442.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 4374281A-A5A9-489D-81FF-3B4438B83B1B.jpeg
    4374281A-A5A9-489D-81FF-3B4438B83B1B.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 198
I don't think I saw any Echo 51 pics in this thread, so I figured I would add one. I found this rifle in my old man's safe and pulled it out for a range day. Shot a few groups to get the scope back on target and then easily cranked out this last group while it was creaking around on its old Harris bipod. Ammunition was an old box of FGMM I found with it, amazing.

fingers crossed these pics attach right...
That's old, back when the engraving was done by hand.
It's 308 so it can't ever be shot out lol

To answer the inquiring minds yes there was a very large contract on the table with a government that has more money than Elon Musk 100 times over just for the fun money. They specifically wanted 100,000 plus Tac Ops rifles suppressed. One of our guys just returned from a week’s long trip and debriefed myself and my staff on the meetings. I’ve decided to re-entertain this project in August or September of this year…

That is all I can say publicly for the moment

So, for now you Hide members are stuck with me :cool:

Feel free place an order whenever your Good to Go… ;)

Mike R.

To answer the inquiring minds yes there was a very large contract on the table with a government that has more money than Elon Musk 100 times over just for the fun money. They specifically wanted 100,000 plus Tac Ops rifles suppressed. One of our guys just returned from a week’s long trip and debriefed myself and my staff on the meetings. I’ve decided to re-entertain this project in August or September of this year…

That is all I can say publicly for the moment

So, for now you Hide members are stuck with me :cool:

Feel free place an order whenever your Good to Go… ;)

Mike R.
Hope it is not our IRS...

I don’t think people can understand what this is if it actually happens. This is weapons history. Collectors will be scouring the globe in search of these special items. Like a STG44 or MG42, maybe even more expensive depending on the particular weapon and who owned it.

Reactions: Brym427 and Modoc