• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

I need a Tac-Ops.....
I believe there are still 2 available in this group.

A new arrival....

20230205_011117.jpg

20230205_011136.jpg

20230205_011149.jpg

Here is a picture of Tac Ops shooting .4”s
It’s over guys, the gun is trash. Maybe I need to load for it.

But it’s pretty good for 600 yards in my opinion. 1/13th MOA
It’s kind of hard to measure because the paper rips. But it’s between .46” and .44”
.708 - .264 = .444”
DD84979D-2E6C-474B-8A2C-3D15018B47FA.jpeg

B731ABE8-5CFB-49EA-AAB6-AA2586067C0D.jpeg

It’s kind of hard to measure because the paper rips. But it’s between .46” and .44”
.708 - .264 = .444”
View attachment 8067744
View attachment 8067745
This has to be the best shooting i’ve ever seen in this thread. Insane

.708 - .264 = .444”
View attachment 8067744
View attachment 8067745
But that’s a small sample size and has no credibility.

CA9EA307-5712-4ED6-BE8B-62B73B930D86.gif

Looking for FGMM 190gr SMK .300WM? budsgunshop.com. I found this a few days ago. I didn't post immediately because I've never bought from Bud's and I usually don't buy unless I can order over the phone. The order was stuck in KY for a few days but then started to move so probably legit. I don't have it yet so still at your own risk. If we use the prices from the last lot that was available, this is a good buy. $52.99. Good luck. QH

Looking for FGMM 190gr SMK .300WM? budsgunshop.com. I found this a few days ago. I didn't post immediately because I've never bought from Bud's and I usually don't buy unless I can order over the phone. The order was stuck in KY for a few days but then started to move so probably legit. I don't have it yet so still at your own risk. If we use the prices from the last lot that was available, this is a good buy. $52.99. Good luck. QH
I’ve bought from Bud’s. They’re GTG.

Hope they got better QC on 2022/2023 stuff. Ridiculously bad SDs on mine

Hope they got better QC on 2022/2023 stuff. Ridiculously bad SDs on mine

Yeah, I've a couple of boxes of that as well. I also have a couple of the Black Hills 190's. The first few times out with the new rifle will be epic.

This thing does NOT recoil. I could have shot up 60 rounds and still not felt a thing. Mike’s brake is amazing!

I'm glad to hear @MikeRTacOps brake is so effective.

What was isn't, and what has replaced it is a pain in the ass. Thanks Federal.

Reactions: clonebuilder
Yeah, I've a couple of boxes of that as well. I also have a couple of the Black Hills 190's. The first few times out with the new rifle will be epic.

I'm glad to hear @MikeRTacOps brake is so effective.

What was isn't, and what has replaced it is a pain in the ass. Thanks Federal.
Where’d ya find the black hills 190? Havent seen that in 2 years

good thing I bought a bunch of cases a few years ago before prices got a little too crazy

bought several cases of both 168 and 175 308 as well

Worse than the Black Hills 190 SMK is the unicorn HSM 190gr. I’ve had an open order with them for over a year and still nothing in terms of a restock. I really want that sweet sweet 3100+ fps.

I put two sub 0.3 groups in with 215s in a row, being a complete novice at shooting groups and new to magnums. Its completely credible with 6.5 Creedmoor. If this is a joke post, carry on. If not, cope and seethe.
I think he is halfway joking.
My first group that day at 600 was 1 1/2" which is 1/4 MOA.
If I'm on my game I can do it repetitively, the 1" to 2" groups at 600 yards in wind.
I don't know if I can repeat sub 1" or sub half inch at 600 yards though.

First group. Each grid square is 1 moa. The first shot I took was to get a wind call and then I dialed .4 left and shot these three. POA POI
31589033-3364-463A-9068-7D39DC9D2C6C.jpeg

This is the .4” group later on after more people showed up and one actually shot on my target. I shot 15 at the 8 ring, shot 16 I accidentally aimed at the 7 ring and after that I corrected myself and put the next two shots with the 15th one on the 8 ring.
8ED6596F-8BF1-4DF7-86BC-0276240CEAD1.jpeg

I put two sub 0.3 groups in with 215s in a row, being a complete novice at shooting groups and new to magnums. Its completely credible with 6.5 Creedmoor. If this is a joke post, carry on. If not, cope and seethe.
Pure sarcasm.

If you listened to the recent Hornady podcasts it might make sense.

Reactions: clonebuilder
Seems I've been doing this wrong!
I always thought you shot at the 'X' ring!
(yes, the screen is that scratched up!)

I shoot groups holding on the rings.
I can shoot the X, but everything would get jumbled together and I couldn’t measure it well and separate the groups.

Reactions: DJL2 and J Scott
This has to be the best shooting i’ve ever seen in this thread. Insane

@JakeM clearly knows how to shoot, and shoot well.

I'm a bit envious of his skills, I don't shoot .308 as much as I should and this cartridge exposes my fundamentals flaws more often than not.

Great cartridge for training, but not always great for the ego :ROFLMAO:

Hey what’re y’all do now to attach an arca to the anschutz rail? I saw RRS longer makes the BANS-80

Wondering if the RRS BMLOK-60 and a set of accu-shot BT28-N nuts will work but don’t know if the BMLOK-60 rail side is too thick to fit inside the anschutz rail

Hey what’re y’all do now to attach an arca to the anschutz rail? I saw RRS longer makes the BANS-80

Wondering if the RRS BMLOK-60 and a set of accu-shot BT28-N nuts will work but don’t know if the BMLOK-60 rail side is too thick to fit inside the anschutz rail

I'd get a sawtooth universal and the accushot nuts .

You might also try to modify the AICS 12" sawtooth arca rail. May need to take some dimensions of the anshutz rail width and the opening on an AIcs. That comes with the hardware too

Reactions: HenryTheAce

It depends on the Arca rail.
Some might take a bolt with a box head, but the BT stuff from Atlas has tapered heads.
If you get the bolts from Atlas for the nuts.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Someone posted this before:

I've used the nuts from the BT28 AFAR Rail Kit to attach stuff. The AFAR rail can also be used for a bipod.

.708 - .264 = .444”
View attachment 8067744
View attachment 8067745
You are supposed to have that in the X ring.

• Haha
Reactions: Rsatch
@JakeM still waiting on my Tac Ops. Maybe it will be done as the weather warms up and we can do a range day.

Reactions: JakeM

I'd get a sawtooth universal and the accushot nuts .

You might also try to modify the AICS 12" sawtooth arca rail. May need to take some dimensions of the anshutz rail width and the opening on an AIcs. That comes with the hardware too

Thank ya, looking for just a small plate nothing too big

It depends on the Arca rail.
Some might take a bolt with a box head, but the BT stuff from Atlas has tapered heads.
If you get the bolts from Atlas for the nuts.

Someone posted this before:

I've used the nuts from the BT28 AFAR Rail Kit to attach stuff. The AFAR rail can also be used for a bipod.

I called and texted with Matt at SawTooth Rifles. I broke out the old precision measuring tools and give him the info. He sent me the Dependabilt R700A setup, along with a set of shorter screws. Turns out the shorter screws were not needed, and the long screws that come with the ARCA rail do not touch or bottom out in the Anschutz rail. Delta-55 here.

Text Matt @ (970)213-5039 or just order directly from this link: https://www.sawtoothrifles.com/prod...chutz/?attribute_model=700+Anschutz+Universal

1676230017820.png

1676230051577.png

Last edited:
I called and texted with Matt at SawTooth Rifles. I broke out the old precision measuring tools and give him the info. He sent me the Dependabilt R700A setup, along with a set of shorter screws. Turns out the shorter screws were not needed, and the long screws that come with the ARCA rail do not touch or bottom out in the Anschutz rail. Delta-55 here.

Text Matt @ (970)213-5039 or just order directly from this link: https://www.sawtoothrifles.com/prod...chutz/?attribute_model=700+Anschutz+Universal

View attachment 8073672

View attachment 8073673
Ordered! Thank ya!

By the way, looks good!!!

Reactions: ColinNSX
I’m not at the point of calling yet, but will within the next couple months once I figure out exactly what I want to do.

Things I need to come to a decision on:
Caliber
Barrel length
Stock type

I’d like a 20 inch 308, but a 300WM would be nice. Don’t want a McMillan A5, but definitely want an adjustable cheek rest. Want a sling stud to mount a Harris bipod on (seriously)

The Alpha, Echo, and Sierra seem to be my favorites so far.

I’m not at the point of calling yet, but will within the next couple months once I figure out exactly what I want to do.

Things I need to come to a decision on:
Caliber
Barrel length
Stock type

I’d like a 20 inch 308, but a 300WM would be nice. Don’t want a McMillan A5, but definitely want an adjustable cheek rest. Want a sling stud to mount a Harris bipod on (seriously)

The Alpha, Echo, and Sierra seem to be my favorites so far.
Somebody posted an Echo in this thread a while back, very nice picture.
I'll try to find it.