• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

I love the bag rider, it rides on bags very consistently. I think it's a good addition.

JAE chassis are my absolute favorite!
Thanks. I have one coming to me.
Don’t wNt to derail this TacOps thread...well, not too much anyway haha...but the one thing I need to improve on my J Allen is LOP. I need to shorten it a half to 3/4 inch.

I’m going to reach out to Limbsaver and Pachmayr and see if the have a “Grind to size” thin pad of sufficient dimensions and w a fairly sturdy backer such that I can grind it to fit (I actually have a JAE butt pad spacer I can use for doing this. Drill holes in the right spot and maybe have a good solution to shorten the length a bit.

Ok, back to TacOps.(y):)

I had a nice 10 round group at 100 until "Toothless Jerry" shot up my target with is $40 Chinese AK47.

• Haha
Reactions: BCX
As I said previously, the hardest thing about Tac Ops rifles is not purchasing another. Well here she is. Xray-66. Joins my Tango-51, Delta-51, and a Green Hornet. Another masterpiece for certain! The suppressor will be in NFA jail for a bit. And it is timed so that all of the identifiers face the 6 o'clock position. Cannot see numbers/letters at all from the top or either side. Should send someone at the range into an apoplectic fit!

1.jpg
2.jpg

Just out of curiousity what’s the weight on them? Feasible to carry round in the steep stuff for elk/mule deer. I like what I’m seeing.

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the difference between the 51 and the 66 variants?

Reactions: tacops1
These rifles are truly a work of art. They shoot even better than they look. I’ve had one for a few years now and it impresses me every time I take it out. Add in the fact that Mike R is one of the most professional rifle builders I've ever talked to makes it easy to part with my hard earned money. All this gives you a recipe for nothing short of euphoria. Thank you Mike for creating these killer rifles.

First pic is my rifle in all its glory and second pick is the guts of a fly @ 100 yards. 😉

Attachments

• 87206A2D-9B37-49FA-8EC4-C43231846BD5.jpeg
    87206A2D-9B37-49FA-8EC4-C43231846BD5.jpeg
    771.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 7EC9A563-C3F6-4287-BDFD-5FCFB9F4E0A5.jpeg
    7EC9A563-C3F6-4287-BDFD-5FCFB9F4E0A5.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 260
These rifles are truly a work of art. They shoot even better than they look. I’ve had one for a few years now and it impresses me every time I take it out. Add in the fact that Mike R is one of the most professional rifle builders I've ever talked to makes it easy to part with my hard earned money. All this gives you a recipe for nothing short of euphoria. Thank you Mike for creating these killer rifles.

First pic is my rifle in all its glory and second pick is the guts of a fly @ 100 yards. 😉
That’s amazing

Shooting a fly off the target ? I may have you certify my rifles for me:cool:

Mike R

Reactions: DJL2 and MPrimo
first part of my Tac ops rifle came in the other day

Nice! I‘m having trouble deciding on what will be the last part of the build... Optics. Lately I had been thinking S&B was most “appropriate”. Now leaning towards Leupold mk5 5-25 for features which I think I’ll like. What say the hide on the proper optic for a 308 Tac Ops?

Nice! I‘m having trouble deciding on what will be the last part of the build... Optics. Lately I had been thinking S&B was most “appropriate”. Now leaning towards Leupold mk5 5-25 for features which I think I’ll like. What say the hide on the proper optic for a 308 Tac Ops?
Mine will likely get a S&B 3-20x50 Ultra Short.

Reactions: lostnwilderness
Got an Minox on my Echo right now but it's too long and looks retarded. Just ordered a Mark6 to check out the glass, shortest scope I could find at 11.9". If it isn't up to snuff I'll try out a Kahles or Hensoldt.

That's pretty subjective and personal. My TacOps X-Ray 51 has a Khales K624 with MSR-K reticle. Fits the rifle perfectly, IMO.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
This is probably a stupid question, but what is the difference between the 51 and the 66 variants?
.308 vs .300 win mag I believe
Correct...

Mike R.
As both tacops1 & MikeRTacOps said, the X-Ray 66 is .300WM) and the X-Ray 51 is.308. In Tac Ops speak, the platform is the first part of the name, (i.e., "X-Ray" = re-worked McMillan A5, while the second part of the name = (i.e. "66") is the cartridge's case length rounded up or down. Below are my X-Ray 66 (in the back and X-Ray 51 in the foreground). Both wear PMII 5-25X[56] 0.1 MIL CCW Gen 2 XRs' on Two-Piece 45 MOA Bases. Both scopes have the excellent but but sadly discontinued USO PMII 5-25X[56] specific ARD.

Keith

Nice fly shooting!

Keith