• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

Pic of mine that Mike sent me.

Attachments

• 41CCF91D-4783-4913-A811-E062862DF61F.jpeg
    41CCF91D-4783-4913-A811-E062862DF61F.jpeg
    870.6 KB · Views: 537
I have one on the way for my Delta. Should be perfect.
Awesome

I’m asking because I’m putting one on a tango which I believe is a fixed non adjustable cheek piece and should I go with low or medium height 34mm rings for the s&b us optic to ensure perfect cheek placement

If anyone is on the fence, just think about it.... you will be kicking yourselves in the behind once he hangs it up for good!

Reactions: tacops1
Anyone running a S&B PM2 3-20 Ultra Short on their Tacops Tango ?
I own a Tango and a SB 3-20US. They are not mounted together. With that said, I personally don’t feel that is a good scope choice for the Tango. The ocular diameter on the SB is too big and trying to mount it low enough to get a good cheek weld without impacting bolt manipulation might be a problem (since the tango has no cheek height adjustment). Personally, I feel the SFP NF NXS series, NF atacr series or SB 5-35 as a better choice.

forgot to add, I do think the new NF NX8 series to be the best option. 30mm tube can be mounted low and is a good size considering the overall length of the Tango. I currently have a NF NXS 2.5-10x42 on my tango for hunting but will probably move to a NX8 2.5-20.

Yes, a 30mm TT would be a great option too. I forgot about that model. Cost not being a factor, that would be the best option.

For reference, here is my Tango 51 (top) with NF NXS 2.5-10x42 in NF 0.885 30mm rings. Also, have my Sierra 260 (bottom) with NF 3.5-15x50 F1 in NF 0.885 30mm rings. On the Sierra, due to the thicker barrel profile, it is a tight fit but works. I don’t think you would have a issue running a TT in a 0.885 ring height on a tango with the thinner barrel. Not sure of options with ARC rings but I would definitely try to stay below a 1” height. Go as low as you can.

1605808435642.jpeg

I assume the TT 3-15M runs the tenebraex covers like the P models I have. Those are thick. Personally, for me, getting the scope as low as I can for a good cheek weld is more important than worrying about caps. If the caps don’t fit, run a scope coat. I would go 0.94” at max if stuck with ARC brand. Personally, I would use the NF 0.885” rings to be a little lower. I don’t think the 0.79” ARC rings will fit.

Hey is anyone in the thread running a Zero Compromise Optic on their tactical operations tango by any chance ?

I still need to scope mine.... Tacops X-ray 51 on a Surgeon
Pic of mine that Mike sent me.
Tangent Theta 5-25x56 or ZCO 5-27 would be a great choice on that one
My favorite is still the "old school" PMII 5-25[56] 0.1 MIL CCW with Gen 2 XR. Environmental conditions allowing, the Gen 2 XR's .075"/100 yard line width subtension means a line width of .750"/1000 yards, allowing "quartering" 1/2 MOA targets!

My 22" barrel X-Ray 51 & 26" barrel X-Ray 66 both have 45 MOA Two Piece Bases & PMII 5-25[56] 0.1 MIL CCW Gen 2 XRs:

Take a close look inside the "O" in "Operations". What reticle do you see inside the "O"?:

Keith

Last edited:
yeah, Mike sent me some pics of his guns when i got a bag in the group by - i am all in - saving my $$ as i just bought a ASR

For reference, here is my Tango 51 (top) with NF NXS 2.5-10x42 in NF 0.885 30mm rings. Also, have my Sierra 260 (bottom) with NF 3.5-15x50 F1 in NF 0.885 30mm rings. On the Sierra, due to the thicker barrel profile, it is a tight fit but works. I don’t think you would have a issue running a TT in a 0.885 ring height on a tango with the thinner barrel. Not sure of options with ARC rings but I would definitely try to stay below a 1” height. Go as low as you can.

View attachment 7476402
Can you please fix the straps on your Tac Ops Stock packs they are not tucked properly:confused: I won't be able to sleep good tonight😁 lol

Mike R.

Last edited:
Here is the new Delta 51 Lightweight that arrived last Friday. This is the same rifle now in use by LA Sheriffs Dept. Special Enforcement Bureau.

Specs:
Remington 700 action
Internal box magazine
Krieger barrel finished at 18" with Mike's brake
McMillan A3 carbon fiber stock
Mike's fit and finish throughout
S&B PMII 3-20x50 ultra short with the DTII P4F
A couple of TacOps t-shirts

IMG_0783.jpg
IMG_0791.jpg

Here is the new Delta 51 Lightweight that arrived last Friday. This is the same rifle now in use by LA Sheriffs Dept. Special Enforcement Bureau.

Specs:
Remington 700 action
Internal box magazine
Krieger barrel finished at 18" with Mike's brake
McMillan A3 carbon fiber stock
Mike's fit and finish throughout
S&B PMII 3-20x50 ultra short with the DTII P4F
A couple of TacOps t-shirts

View attachment 7489060View attachment 7489061
Beautiful rifle Mike does it again

Anyone know how mike shoots groups like these? I get that the rifles shoot really well, but there is no way I could shoot a group a like that even if the rifle is capable of it. Does he put them in a mount or are these bagged in on a bench? Just curious.

Anyone know how mike shoots groups like these? I get that the rifles shoot really well, but there is no way I could shoot a group a like that even if the rifle is capable of it. Does he put them in a mount or are these bagged in on a bench? Just curious.

nothing special

the bastard is just that good lol

NO MOUNT, just a front rest with sandbag, rear sandbag, FGMM ammo, and a lot of skill.

Keith

NO MOUNT, just a front rest with sandbag, rear sandbag, FGMM ammo, and a lot of skill.

Keith

Well Damn. For any of you that has one...is it frustrating seeing that little group on cardboard in the gun room after each range trip, knowing you will be always chasing it?

Well Damn. For any of you that has one...is it frustrating seeing that little group on cardboard in the gun room after each range trip, knowing you will be always chasing it?
For me - no. Some days I can get close to what Mike can do with his rifles, other days I can't. I just enjoy taking them out each time, whether it's at 100 yards or 500 yards.

ill admit it, i makes me insane when i cant do that every time

i know its impossible but its just who i am in general

i could be shooting a slingshot and i get pissed if im not stacking shots

I find shooting my Tac Ops is boring for shooting groups. It's so damn accurate that the groups are always small. For shooting groups I like shooting with one of my .22 lrs. Makes you slow down and really concentrate on your mechanics. Also, it's great fun with the fam because the wife and kids can shoot with me.