• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

Does the fact I have a rare-iah Hensoldt CCW 4-16x56 change your recommendations any?

And thank you so much for taking the time to respond

The 5-25x56 is an h2cmr
Ooh, another really nice scope. I've looked through a Hensoldt 4-16X[56] a few times, but that was years ago. I do remember that I thought it was a bitchin' scope with great clarity, resolution, a great eye box, and great turrets. You didn't state what the main focus of your shooting with your Tac Ops will be (i.e. paper, steel, tactical comps, ect.), nor did you state the specific model of each scope (denoting installed reticle, which may or may not be ideal for a specific shooting discipline), so the scope recommendation is a bit tricky.

I don't know what the subtensions (or even the reticles) of your Hensoldt 4-16X[56] or your ZCO 4-20X[50] are, but the Hensoldt 4-16X[56], ZCO 4-20X[50], PMII 5-25[56] H2CMR, and PMII 3-20X[50] (probably a P4FL reticle) are better suited to lowlight tactical and/or hunting shooting than any scope with my beloved Gen 2 XR, whether it be a PMII 4-16X[42], PMII 5-25X[56], Premier 5-25X[56], or TT 5-25X[56]. The Gen 2 XR is just too hard to see at low magnification - especially in low light.

If your PMII 3-20X[50] has the P4FL (illuminated P4 Fine), I think it's probably the best overall choice of the four scopes you listed for your new Tac Ops. I say this because the P4FL's main line width (.13" at 100 Yards) which is almost assuredly (I don't have reticle schematics of your specific scopes) the thinnest of the four scopes and should perform well for shooting groups as well as for steel & tactical shooting.

If your ZCO 4-20X[50] has the MPCT1 reticle I'd give it the edge for hunting and/or tactical shooting, followed by the Hensoldt 4-16X[56] (I love that uncluttered reticle with skeletonized posts). I like the 25X top end magnification of the PMII 5-25X[56], but I find the H2CMR's main line too busy for simple hold and shoot, and too thick for the precision. If the H2CMR's main line width was .075" at 100 Yards (a la Gen 2 XR) I wouldn't have been eyeballing and trying to hold 0.1 MIL & 0.2 MIL on F-Class targets from the 600 Yard line with my Gen 2 XR.

Keith

Last edited:
A930432F-A937-4FC4-8F5A-3598701133DA.jpeg

A 3 shot group 38 thousands! WOW! Im a machinist, and all all I can say is WOW.! 38 F"ing Thou! You got all my respect being able to set up, and machine such a fine piece of work( art). Normal people have no idea what it takes to hold tolerances in 5 places!
That was all Mike man. He does amazing work.

My wife is dreading the call from Mike to tell me my Victor 51 is ready, ( I’m guessing that’s what he’s calling it) I on the other hand can’t wait.
Get ready just spoke to Birdsong today and its leaving in about 1 week my Ninja :)

Mike R.

Reactions: CIB2007
A 3 shot group 38 thousands! WOW! Im a machinist, and all all I can say is WOW.! 38 F"ing Thou! You got all my respect being able to set up, and machine such a fine piece of work( art). Normal people have no idea what it takes to hold tolerances in 5 places!
You have to have a bad case of OCD it's not easy lol...
Thank you for the kind words...

Mike R.

Delta 51 inbound to Northern Cali with a beautiful TT 5 X 25 Optic on it :)
Phil, you owe me a 5 star dinner I'll bring the MGD's on ice lol

Mike R.
Words can't describe the craftsmanship of the rifle Mike. Will post some pictures soon brother, the scope and rifle combo is a work of art.
Come up north and I'll show the best restaurants in the state ;)

Congrats to you guys that are receiving your Tac Ops rifles-whether it's your 1st or 8th-wow!

Please keep posting your photos-as this NEVER gets old- and sharing your shooting/ownership experiences with them.

Have a nice day and good shooting!

Reactions: Bakwa
Uh oh……

Looking as soft rifle cases for my daughter’s new rifle.
Looked a Tac Ops drag bag on the list of “Made in the USA” bags.
She asks “Whats a Tac Ops rifle?”

Uh oh. She is 10.
So, popped up this thread and showed her.
“Can I have one daddy?” She asked

Gonna use this as a bargaining tool to keep her from dating before age 30.
Get one.
She can shoot it and hunt with it as long as she doesnt date…..

She just got her first centerfire a few weeks ago and already wants a Tac Ops.
And thought that Schmidt “looked like a nice scope” on @JakeM s rifle above.

Is Tac Ops moving out of Beverly Hills?
Probably not but we might be moving locations after 28 years from 433 N. Camden Drive. The new landlords are leftwing libs anti-gun WOKE. We are probably going to throw a multi-million-dollar lawsuit into their hands we are speaking with our Attorneys now...

Mike R.

Probably not but we might be moving locations after 28 years from 433 N. Camden Drive. The new landlords are leftwing libs anti-gun WOKE. We are probably going to throw a multi-million-dollar lawsuit into their hands we are speaking with our Attorneys now...

Mike R.
Move to a free State like TX or AZ.
Don't support the commies with your tax money!

Reactions: BCX and Davess