• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacticalRifles.net

I am really curious how the "20 degree" scope base is working out? Seems like it might be hard to get a zero at 100:) What a bunch of up-selling, non-delivering, hacks.

I really don't understand how this Rooney fella sleeps @ night.. One day it will catch up with him.

Mose a lot is said here about your character here.

For the sake of others and their wallets shouldn't we as knowledgeable, concerned people of the rifle world/industry and shooting community find a way to make sure this company stops fucking people over? Posts like these are a start and I completely understand stuff happens. There is just no excuse for all this. I mean my rifle took quite a while to build but overall reception and quality was great.

I'm no lawyer and purely my ignorance is blissful but could a class action be filed here? Subpoena their records and call anyone who's had one for their rifles that was just not to par with the standard as pictured/state above and just shut these fuckers down once and for all?

I mean if a fat people can sue McDonald's or hot coffee wins a law suit I don't see how these guys are getting away with this over and over again as well.

Well I know where I'll never spend a dime. 2 posts-video and detailed pictures. I don't think the jury would have to leave the courtroom on this. Sorry about the headache man.

This thread makes me sick to my stomach. I feel for ya. I recently placed an order with surgeon for my first custom build and from what i've read they are top notch company, but I sometimes find myself second guessing myself on how much I'm spending on one rifle. I can't imagine spending that much and receiving a poorly built rifle. I'm so sorry man. I just checked out tacticalrifles website and read some of their testimonials, they all sound kinda like bogus "made up" reviews. Wish these guys could be shut down.

I'm sorry to hear about this happening once again. You can expect their lawyer to send you threatening letters soon demanding that you delete this post. My customer and I received many threats from them after he posted the video to Youtube of the repairs I performed.

Marc

Wow man! Congrats to you on being so restrained. I'd have shown up at this guys house and eaten his dog on the front lawn while his kids watched. Thanks for posting this as a PSA.

This is why I love the fact my 'smith is about 20min worth of driving time from my house. I dont have to rely on emails and etc., for communication and updates. Call me spoiled, but until I get a bad product from my local guy, I see no reason to send $8k+ across the country to someone I "don't know from Adam"...

Best of luck on getting everything resolved, I personally probably would have already made a trip to the shop...

I'm sorry to hear about this happening once again. You can expect their lawyer to send you threatening letters soon demanding that you delete this post. My customer and I received many threats from them after he posted the video to Youtube of the repairs I performed.

Marc

My intent here is to communicate the process I experienced. If the process should continue, albeit in a different direction, I will communicate that as well.

Hey Max-- you trembling at the thought of one of them scary lawyer letters??? :)

Well I was going to post to facebook but they don't even allow you to post to their page. Only respond on their current posts.

Hey Max-- you trembling at the thought of one of them scary lawyer letters??? :)

I am not. We should all consider it a sad turn of events if things should take off in that direction. I have withered away far too much of my life with letters and lawyers. Let's let that topic lay unless or until it arises.

Just wanted to express my sympathies to the OP. Good on ya for taking the high ground and glad to see you've salvaged a workable rifle from that mess...

Here is a helpful link with the Better Business Bureau:

Tactical Rifles Business Review in Zephyrhills, FL - West Coast Florida BBB

It gives him a "C" rating with 7 complaints. You might want to submit a complaint. They all add up if there really are that many out there.

And super KUDOS to the original poster for not only being so well behaved, but also for having the courage to show us this kind of work. We can then all judge for ourselves. Thank you for just putting the facts out there, with photos and everything. Well done sir.

There is a poor fellow trying to unload one on AR15 right now that looks like it has the same shoddy work. It's a small picture but the bottom metal is definitely not flush with the stock.

There is a poor fellow trying to unload one on AR15 right now that looks like it has the same shoddy work. It's a small picture but the bottom metal is definitely not flush with the stock.

As I understand the subject when explained to me it is not necessary for things to look pretty to get the job done. However, it was the downward cant of the bottom metal that caused the rounds to move forward at too low of an angle causing rounds to get hung on the lower portion of the ramp. The rear of the bottom metal was flush and the forward section had overhang. Trimming the front pillar allowed proper feeding, and just so happened to result in a flush fitting bottom metal.

If everyone would post on there face book page and copy the links it would spread like wild fire. I posted it on my wifes FB (I dont have a Face Book page). I wish they would send me a lawyer letter. Lets just say I would have fun lol

As I understand the subject when explained to me it is not necessary for things to look pretty to get the job done. However, it was the downward cant of the bottom metal that caused the rounds to move forward at too low of an angle causing rounds to get hung on the lower portion of the ramp. The rear of the bottom metal was flush and the forward section had overhang. Trimming the front pillar allowed proper feeding, and just so happened to result in a flush fitting bottom metal.

This is not surgery here. We are dealing with metal and fiberglass. There is no excuse why things shouldn't look pretty. If Rooney is right and that function doesn't always result in aesthetics, then why is it that almost every good builder out there does great looking work, that also functions great? You paid a hefty sum for this rifle, which you could have bought as a factory setup for ⅓ the price. There is no excuse for what that guy did to you or many other victims of his services. Hope it ends up working out as a fine rifle for you after the 3rd party work was done.

This honestly makes me sick to my stomach. They advertise "Law Enforcement Military" on their site. Can you imagine if someone needed to use one of these rifles on the field?

How do we let shit like this fly?

I'd have shown up at this guys house and eaten his dog on the front lawn while his kids watched.

I'm one of the most patient guys you'll ever meet and have given some smiths a lot of slack, but I'm with this guy on this one. Your second choice was stellar, though.

I can't figure out how Tactical Rifles is still in business and continues to get over on people. I clicked on his BBB reviews and its the same story over and over.

Take a look for yourself… Consumer Complaints for Tactical Rifles - West Coast Florida BBB

Doesn't matter how many bad reviews go up. He's got naive cronies pumping his handiwork all over. The guy that sold my friend on his rifles is a supposed "high speed" delta sniper, who happened to get a free rifle from them for being so awesome. Amazing how such a high speed operator couldn't tell how poor quality his rifle is, which leads me to wonder about his credentials, but that is a separate issue. Bottom line: There is a sucker born every minute.

There was a customer on another forum a while back that some issues and TR did in fact come on the site, basically said "the customer is a liar" and the forum seemed to accept that. The thread was locked for lack of photographic evidence, but there's some in-depth correspondence with the BBB:

TacticalRifles.net

I believe the same guy also posted on ARF

There was a customer on another forum a while back that some issues and TR did in fact come on the site, basically said "the customer is a liar" and the forum seemed to accept that. The thread was locked for lack of photographic evidence, but there's some in-depth correspondence with the BBB:

TacticalRifles.net

Yes, I read the posts from Michael Wilson, the customer. He wrote a very detailed analysis of what happened and this is the response from Tactical Rifles:

"WILSON - BBB
The individual in question basically got in trouble with his wife for buying a rifle from us. He tried to keep his scope for another rifle, but the wanted to get his money back for his “piece of shitâ€"

I am personally shocked that this type of comment can keep a business open. I am just glad I had the great people in this forum give me good direction to where I purchased a GA Precision Rifle instead. I have an amazing rifle with a decent turn around time (I was told 6 months but it showed up in 3). Keep up the good work in spreading the facts about certain vendors and rifle manufacturers men (and women I am sure).

Wow man! Congrats to you on being so restrained. I'd have shown up at this guys house and eaten his dog on the front lawn while his kids watched. Thanks for posting this as a PSA.

Can I sell tickets to that show???

We can use the money to shut these douchebags down.

With how crappy their work is, I'm waiting (in fear of course) of someone getting or hurt or killed because of their extremely poor craftsmanship. That's probably what it will take. Similar to center divides on freeways. It takes a high casualty rate for the city to spend the money on something that should have been there to begin with.

TacticalRifles.net

Feel bad for that guys situation. Apparently these stories are popping up on multiple forums. But that forum in particular is extremely minor league. Those guys called Mr Wilson a liar because he didn't have pictures...... can they be more fickle?

Yes, I read the posts from Michael Wilson, the customer. He wrote a very detailed analysis of what happened and this is the response from Tactical Rifles:

"WILSON - BBB
The individual in question basically got in trouble with his wife for buying a rifle from us. He tried to keep his scope for another rifle, but the wanted to get his money back for his “piece of shitâ€"

I am personally shocked that this type of comment can keep a business open. I am just glad I had the great people in this forum give me good direction to where I purchased a GA Precision Rifle instead. I have an amazing rifle with a decent turn around time (I was told 6 months but it showed up in 3). Keep up the good work in spreading the facts about certain vendors and rifle manufacturers men (and women I am sure).

Feel bad for that guys situation. Apparently these stories are popping up on multiple forums. But that forum in particular is extremely minor league. Those guys called Mr Wilson a liar because he didn't have pictures...... can they be more fickle?

It was kind of amazing to me the difference in approach the other forum took. It wasn't just the members, a lot of whom were pretty laid back about it, but the forum "management" who basically dismissed what I felt was a pretty well documented case.

Say what you will about the Hide, but when something is F'ed up, the members are NOT laid back. :D

PLUS, in the other thread here that went 14 pages (and counting again) LL basically told TR's lawyer to get fucked when they tried the bullying approach. THAT spoke volumes to me about THIS place.

With how crappy their work is, I'm waiting (in fear of course) of someone getting or hurt or killed because of their extremely poor craftsmanship. That's probably what it will take. Similar to center divides on freeways. It takes a high casualty rate for the city to spend the money on something that should have been there to begin with.

Mr Blu, here is the disclaimer:

Disclaimer_zps2f0631f9.jpg

Last edited:
It was kind of amazing to me the difference in approach the other forum took. It wasn't just the members, a lot of whom were pretty laid back about it, but the forum "management" who basically dismissed what I felt was a pretty well documented case.

Say what you will about the Hide, but when something is F'ed up, the members are NOT laid back. :D

PLUS, in the other thread here that went 14 pages (and counting again) LL basically told TR's lawyer to get fucked when they tried the bullying approach. THAT spoke volumes to me about THIS place.

I have to agree. The members here can smell shit a mile away. And while we all recognize the stench of Tactical Rifles.net very well, I'm happy to see our members rally behind these guys. As a community we cannot let companies like TR to do this.
How many people leave the sport or long guns in general because of bush league builders like these clowns?!

Mr Blu, here is the disclaimer:

Disclaimer_zps58cb3826.jpg

That's bullshit.

Any company worth their salt will back up their product 100%.

That disclaimer is a sign of weakness and shenanigans.

"light weight trigger pull" is VERY subjective. 3.5lbs could be light for someone. Others, really heavy. Being advised to NOT use hand-loads is just stupid and more evidence of shenanigans. Some hand loads are way more safe and stable than some factory ammo. *cough* Wolf *cough*

Anyways. The only disclaimer a company should have is to NOT make non-factory approved adjustments.

Wow.. I'd be pissed with that workmanship. I've gotten more for less that what these guys charged you. Really sorry to see you had to go through this.

That's bullshit.

Any company worth their salt will back up their product 100%.

That disclaimer is a sign of weakness and shenanigans.

"light weight trigger pull" is VERY subjective. 3.5lbs could be light for someone. Others, really heavy.

Specs called for 2.5, it just came at ~3.5. My warranty was voided the moment I allowed another smith to work on it.

Leave the dog alone, he didn't do anything wrong.

Now pulverizing the owner in front of his kids, that I'd applaud.

Joe

"Student of the Gun" is a tv show and podcast actively promoting TR, in fact I heard them mentioned in their most recent podcast. They have a FB page too...

OP sorry to hear about your troubles, but thanks for sharing.

He talks a good game.
It's a shame that, judging from dozens of accounts that are easy to find on the internet, it's all just talk.
What a dick.
Just as unscrupulous, though, are the boneheads that endorse this a$$hole's company.

Joe

He talks a good game.
It's a shame that, judging from dozens of accounts that are easy to find on the internet, it's all just talk.
What a dick.
Just as unscrupulous, though, are the boneheads that endorse this a$$hole's company.

Joe

Joe, SOTG podcast had long range shooting as a very short topic of discussion recently and mentiond the rifle used was a TR rifle. I would assume the youtube vid was some kind of promo??. Just saying, SOTG may be unscrupulous, or may be uninformed. I just happened to hear it mentioned after seeing this thread the other day.

Joe, SOTG podcast had long range shooting as a very short topic of discussion recently and mentiond the rifle used was a TR rifle. I would assume the youtube vid was some kind of promo??. Just saying, SOTG may be unscrupulous, or may be uninformed. I just happened to hear it mentioned after seeing this thread the other day.

Sure, they may just have not known any better, but if it were me, I'd make damn sure that anyone I was promoting was the real deal.
Interviewing them is certainly promoting them and an implicit endorsement as well.
Not only does this reflect poorly on SOTG, but they are doing a great disservice to the community, some of whom will end up being duped by this clown Rooney if they don't do their homework.

I've met way too many good people on this and other firearms forums to not let this raise my ire. Taking advantage of those in the Armed Forces is especially bad... risking their lives to protect the freedoms this piece of $hit enjoys, it's a disgrace to treat them this way.

Joe

Post up about them on any other forums you are on saying you are thinking about a build from them. Ask if anyone knows anything. Let them search on their own, they will find these threads and it will get the word out without being viewed as creating a post just to bash them.