• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacticalRifles.net

They wouldn't be so far up shits creek if they would stop hiring kids straight out of school and putting them to work on "custom" rifles. These guys have no clue what they are doing. And apparently don't know decent finish work if it came up and bit their nose off.

Nothing to add that hasn't already been addressed, however this is a perfect time to use this: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393347264.929474.jpg

Sent through NSA-tapped lines.

90 Days or it's Free!!
There's nothing cooler than owning a One Quarter Minute rifle. Knowing that you own the pinnacle of performance in precision instrument, capable of placing bullets consecutively through a 1/4" circle at 100yds is definitely gratifying. The wait for that custom build can be frustrating so we decided to offer a promotion that can help minimize the frustration and get you back to feeling like that kid on Christmas Eve again! We're offering a special for the month that we'll build your new custom order in 90 days, or we'll give it to you for Free*! How can we do this? Well for the last year and a half we've been working on reorganizing our Production. We've added, changed and improved, to reduce our backlog by increasing our efficiency. We appreciate the patience of all customers, and really want you all to see our commitment to you with this promotion. Contact us to discuss details.

Because they don't have any rifles in production and no new orders! haha

Funny, My smith get's them done well inside 90 days and I don't have to deal with a shitty built rifle either, plus he answers the phone and emails promptly and politely.

I think I'll just keep giving him my business instead of TR.

Because they don't have any rifles in production and no new orders! haha

Actually, my thought (and this is purely speculation without any proof or malice):

- What if the whole idea was to generate enough media attention to get TR to sell whatever inventory of rifles it has?

- What if GA is helping them out?

Personally, one of my first thoughts was that attacking SH would generate a lot of press, and that would get them tons of hits and create ad income.

Personally, one of my first thoughts was that attacking SH would generate a lot of press, and that would get them tons of hits and create ad income.

I haven't been to their website for that reason.
If this is the case, I wonder what kind of money they could make off the adds. It doesn't seem likely to me, that they could be so stupid as to shoot their own foot off for the "insurance money", but I give people more credit than they deserve. Maybe TR is going out anyway and needed a little bump in the wallet for the next venture...

I'm wondering what would happen if we got together and ordered like 1,000 totally one-off custom rifles all at the same time? NO damn way would they be done in 90 days, and the few that were would be garbage.

There's two weaknesses to the plan though: he'd get a quick infusion of cash, and could NEVER be trusted to ACTUALLY refund money when he blew the deadline.

So do they start with the rifles already in production, or do those get set even further back?

i read two things into this: first its an attempt (that will fail) make it appear they are addressing the lead time issues that have dogged them for years and years. Dave hasn't been stellar about keeping in touch or getting rifles out so this will almost certainly fail, and end up as more bad PR. Second, I can imagine many of the orders they had and are recieving are now being cancelled due to the negative publicity this has garnered for TR.net. I'd be willing to bet TR is having a serious cash-flow problem, and thats why 1) this offer is on the table as a promo, 2) why the GA article popped up trying to prop up a client biz and protect their ad revenue 3) try to drum up SOME support and staunch the bleeding of cancels at TR.net, and 4) to try to get donations or this suit might not make it to court.

I think TR.net is running out of money and teetering on the brink. Moreover, i think thats the REAL reason for the suit: they know they are going to go under if they dont do something drastic, and this lawsuit is like paying the lottery. I think Dave Rooney is hoping to get lucky, and by a miracle eek out a win in the suit as a last ditch desperate attempt to stay afloat. And i think its a measure of the desperation of TR, and it shows just what dire straights they are in. If so, then Good. They belong out of business.

-Paulus

Anybody read the fine print on that 90 day or its free deal? What do you get in 90 days?

Who is going to be the first to put their money up and test the waters???

Not me!!!

What would be funny is if we took donations to buy one, hold them to the 90 days to deliver the turd, then make a video of it...

Glad everything worked out for the OP, but it would be great if the word gets out enough these guys never get the opportunity to build another rifle. Simply disgusting to say the least!

What I really have a hard time understanding is why you would order a rifle from a company such as this when you could easily go out and buy a Sako TRG-42/22?

In fact you could probably get all of the accessories and a really good piece of glass and still have money left over...

Then when you shoot the barrel out you can go ahead and sell it and half your money back... If nothing else by selling the accessories.

Going through my first rifle build now.. Took a long time to find someone I could trust before dropping my HARD EARNED MONEY on their work. If a build came back to me like this there is no way I would be able to have this much self control... This makes my stomach hurt thinking about..

Student of the Gun.

I'd say. They've got a lot to learn if they are endorsing TR.

I've listened to a few SOTG podcasts. Pretty sure there was some tactical backscratching/nuthugging/gearswapping thing happening; Markel sings the TR praises occasionally.

(BTW Markel if you read this, the UPS drivers on Gundudes put out better content than you bitching to your son about politics.)

Walked into the NRA Show this past weekend, and about fell over when one of the first booths that I saw was TR!

None other than his Majesty was sitting there, all by his lonesome! Yes as hard as it may be to believe, there was not one other individual in the booth looking at the masterpieces.

I was so ticked that I did not have a SH Legal Defense Fund patch to drop on the table as I walked by.

I debated on stopping by to chat, but figured it was not going to end well, so I walked on.

I am praying nonstop that by this time next year, they will no longer be seen anywhere in the firearms industry!

Keep up the good fight!

Hmm, He is younger (dumber) than I thought. Who is the bearded D bag kissing his ass? I will give Rooney this, He has balls......

If Red Jacket and TR shared a booth its a one stop comedy booth.

I wonder if TR has tactical / precision coffee mugs?
(That likely leak )

If I had just taken delivery of that rifle and lived in South Dakotas, I believe I would drive over to Chad Dixon's place and have him check it out...

TacticalRifles.net

If it's a long action AI magazine you can shave the rear edge of the follower at 45 degrees to the vertical and that will make the bolt slide over the follower when there is upward pressure on the magazine.

Last edited:
I work at a large retail store that buys and sells used guns and I have seen about 4 of these rifles and I was not impressed at. The craftsmanship just was not there at all. All of them had the same problem with the bottom metal not being flush with the stock.

It seems like TR and GA really attract some complete idiots.

See example:

Ultimate Sniper Rifle ? 3 Inches at 1000 Yards ? TacticalRifles.net

Pfft. 1000yd my ass. 5 shot 3in group at a grand? Yeah, okay, maybe once every two blue moons. Groups like that are barely, if ever, seen with National Champ-winning F-Open and 1000yd BR rifles/shooters. "Oh but it was with witnesses" - paid witnesses maybe, with a TR.net cloak over their eyes.

And then look at the comments, I only found one guy out of the entire comment section that actually doubted it and sounded like he may know something about true shooting. The rest of them just parrot the same stupid crap like "oh snipers are way magically better than any competition shooter". Really? Why is Mr Becker and this magical TR rifle not setting records all over the planet then?

And then you get the gem of a post by some guy talking about his "Billy Dixon gong" that he makes hits on frequently at 3200yd with a .300 Win Mag.......... using open iron sights. LOL! Do these people truly NOT want to live in reality? Then theres the other guy talking about his two friends that never shoot in competition, and both of them can hit coke cans and milk jugs at 1000yd, in the standing position, using open sights. Thats just like people saying "yeah well theres people out there who could beat every fighter in every weight class in the UFC but they dont compete at all". Why spout such nonsense? Truly, that place has to be a bigger fountain of BS and diarrhea of the mouth than barfcom.

True, there may be a few who practice a lot and are quite good yet dont shoot in competition, but marksman are not born that way, they get there by practicing. The typical BS that theres people who naturally have the ability to wax any National level competitor is a myth that anyone who competes can see through, and that goes for any sport. You may start out with above average levels of ability, but I dare say noone has ever set any records or won a big-time event without practicing ALOT. The only sport I could see where a naturally athletic person could be a world-beater without much practice is running/sprinting. And I think most here know that snipers are NOT mythical creatures with marksmanship abilities that put any Olympic-level shooter to shame, thats retarded.

It seems like TR and GA really attract some complete idiots.

See example:

Ultimate Sniper Rifle ? 3 Inches at 1000 Yards ? TacticalRifles.net

Pfft. 1000yd my ass. 5 shot 3in group at a grand? Yeah, okay, maybe once every two blue moons. Groups like that are barely, if ever, seen with National Champ-winning F-Open and 1000yd BR rifles/shooters. "Oh but it was with witnesses" - paid witnesses maybe, with a TR.net cloak over their eyes.

And then look at the comments, I only found one guy out of the entire comment section that actually doubted it and sounded like he may know something about true shooting. The rest of them just parrot the same stupid crap like "oh snipers are way magically better than any competition shooter". Really? Why is Mr Becker and this magical TR rifle not setting records all over the planet then?

And then you get the gem of a post by some guy talking about his "Billy Dixon gong" that he makes hits on frequently at 3200yd with a .300 Win Mag.......... using open iron sights. LOL! Do these people truly NOT want to live in reality? Then theres the other guy talking about his two friends that never shoot in competition, and both of them can hit coke cans and milk jugs at 1000yd, in the standing position, using open sights. Thats just like people saying "yeah well theres people out there who could beat every fighter in every weight class in the UFC but they dont compete at all". Why spout such nonsense? Truly, that place has to be a bigger fountain of BS and diarrhea of the mouth than barfcom.

True, there may be a few who practice a lot and are quite good yet dont shoot in competition, but marksman are not born that way, they get there by practicing. The typical BS that theres people who naturally have the ability to wax any National level competitor is a myth that anyone who competes can see through, and that goes for any sport. You may start out with above average levels of ability, but I dare say noone has ever set any records or won a big-time event without practicing ALOT. The only sport I could see where a naturally athletic person could be a world-beater without much practice is running/sprinting. And I think most here know that snipers are NOT mythical creatures with marksmanship abilities that put any Olympic-level shooter to shame, thats retarded.

I don't know what you're talking about.... my TRG-42 in 300WM frequently gets 2 inch groups at 3200 yards and still has enough energy punch through 2 inches of ballistic aluminum!

Jeesh, it's like you think physics has anything to do with anything....

On a serious note, I do remember a buddy winning a competition with a 4 inch group at 2000 meters, but he was using a .50 BMG and "it was a really good day."

To make matters worse, the NRA is including one of these TR shit rifles in their "Banned Guns" raffle/giveaway. I couldn't believe it when I got my American Rifleman this month.

To make matters worse, the NRA is including one of these TR shit rifles in their "Banned Guns" raffle/giveaway. I couldn't believe it when I got my American Rifleman this month.
This surprises you? The NRA is as self-serving of an organization as you will find. They give a shit about nothing except the dollar. They certainly don't have shooters best interests at heart, least of which, shooters of suppressed "sniper" rifles.

This surprises you? The NRA is as self-serving of an organization as you will find. They give a shit about nothing except the dollar. They certainly don't have shooters best interests at heart, least of which, shooters of suppressed "sniper" rifles.

QFT. This^^^

The NRA is selective on "gun rights" but its far better than no gun rights.

NFA items have been regulated since 1934 and congress enacted the machine gun ban ( new manufacture / transferable ) in 1986 yet there is virtually zero statistically reported problems with all NFA firearms.
I am an NRA life member and NRA certified pistol instructor / RSO and I cant stand some of the crap they do & don't do. That being said they are the only real organized voice for firearm rights.

The NRA is selective on "gun rights" but its far better than no gun rights.

NFA items have been regulated since 1934 and congress enacted the machine gun ban ( new manufacture / transferable ) in 1986 yet there is virtually zero statistically reported problems with all NFA firearms.
I am an NRA life member and NRA certified pistol instructor / RSO and I cant stand some of the crap they do & don't do. That being said they are the only real organized voice for firearm rights.
I have a question for you:

What happens if the NRA does its job too well?

Please explain what you mean by too well? If you're talking about deregulation of NFA items, what will happen is that all of us will buy more of them.

They lose their purpose for existing, and for fundraising.

Granted, they'll always be another piece of shit out there that dreams of a new way to screw over gun-owners, so the NRA will never really be a thing of the past.