• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tacticool back at boyds and shipping May 11th

Re: Tacticool back at boyds and shipping May 11th

I haven't called them, but I can't find them on their website. I see the Remingtons and Savage, but not the Rugers.

Must be out, site doesn't list them anymore. Will try to call on Monday.

Cinch I fired a pissed off email to there customer service rep I will let you know if they honor there promise about these and I manage to weasle a couple out of them.

If my Savage didn't have a nice thumbhole stock already I'd get one for the price.
smile.gif

If they were good sellers, they'll probably be selling them again. Mine should be here today. I'll have to see if the parts Savage sent work with this stock and them post the part numbers for those replacing the plastic stocks.

Boyd's told me they were "starting" to ship on May 11th. They should complete shipment by the 18th.

Lesson learned, don't pay for express shipping from Boyd! They hit my CC imediately after ordering but don't push express shipping/handling orders to the top.

But, thats fine... I still should have it soon... I guess I'll just shoot the .308 for another weekend!

~ Rico

did everyone get an email saying it was shipped? just wondering if all those who know had to call or got an email... because i ordered within the first few hours it was up and haven't received an email (not sure if that even matters but i would think it should have shipped by now)

I have a Savage and a 10/22 coming, mine show "processing" and I have not received any shipping confirmation as of Monday night

Still showing processing since the 10th. I paid for 3 day shipping too. Bah!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jr_V</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still showing processing since the 10th. I paid for 3 day shipping too. Bah! </div></div>

wow that sucks! maybe theyd refund the extra shipping price if you call and bitch at them. it's a stretch, but it may work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boobie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did everyone get an email saying it was shipped? just wondering if all those who know had to call or got an email... because i ordered within the first few hours it was up and haven't received an email (not sure if that even matters but i would think it should have shipped by now) </div></div>

I know I received a shipping notification email with a tracking # for UPS when mine was shipped out on the 12th and I received my stock yesterday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you got it yesterday, why haven't you posted pics or anything yet? Why you gotta be like that mister meanie pants.

Branden </div></div>

Well, not trying to be a mister meanie pants, so I snapped a couple quick pics for you. LOL.

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nostyta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you got it yesterday, why haven't you posted pics or anything yet? Why you gotta be like that mister meanie pants.

Branden </div></div>

Well, not trying to be a mister meanie pants, so I snapped a couple quick pics for you. LOL.

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg
</div></div>

Windows Explorer?? Seriously?? Who still uses that?? lol. Oh wait, the pics are about the rifle. ok. Looks good, now if they'll ever ship me mine. Still "processing".

Branden

Talked with them yesterday looks like they will be making another run of these at a later date. I just dont understand why they dont add them to there standard lineup if they are such hot seller.

Ordered mine on the 5th and got the shipping notice yesterday.

Hopefully my Kidd barrel will be here by then...

Well mine went from processing to shipped finally, but no email or tracking # provided. So my stock should be here soon I think....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohioan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My MKII after the refit.
</div></div>

refit because you don't have the e-receiver or refit because it didn't fit right or what? just curious, as mine is still in the mail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jr_V</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well mine went from processing to shipped finally, but no email or tracking # provided. So my stock should be here soon I think....</div></div>

Update My stock is enroute and I got tracking info tonight. I paid for 3day shipping but since it went out late tonight I will get it Monday. Definitely got the shit end of the stick on this deal. Live and learn.

I just got home and saw the tracking email for mine. It'll be here on Friday. I'm just happy it's on it's way finally. Now to see if the bottom metal on my BV will work. If it doesn't, then i'll order what I need, but hopefully I won't have to.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boobie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohioan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My MKII after the refit.
</div></div>

refit because you don't have the e-receiver or refit because it didn't fit right or what? just curious, as mine is still in the mail </div></div>

I have the non-e.
I also found that the mag plate needed to be cut back for mine, using the TR plate.
I had one for my Mako stock but the mortise wasn't the same. The mortises for the TR bottom metal fit real well....like it was made for it.
grin.gif

I have more project photos if people are interested.

Heres mine:

IMG00124-20100518-2316.jpg

IMG00126-20100518-2317.jpg

Going to texture the grip and foregrip area tonight, also thinking about dura coating gap camo depending on time.

Looks nice, cant wait for mine to show up. What do i need to do to get the mag well metal to fit? Dremel?

Here's mine threw some paint on it today. Didn't come out as well as I hoped,just need to remember to take my time next time lol. Let me know what you think.

P1010041-1.jpg

Please disregard the cheap scope lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks nice, cant wait for mine to show up. What do i need to do to get the mag well metal to fit? Dremel?
</div></div>
That's what I used. It was off 1/8" +/-. I have a feeling that the e-reciever would fit just fine.

Mine arrives today - and I won't be able to play with it until I re-deploy next March.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine arrives tomorrow. It's going to be a long day at work waiting to get off to come home and put the action in it!

Branden </div></div>

Dude I am with ya. Mine arrives today and I can't wait to get out of this hellhole

maybe i missed something, but these stocks are for the MKII right?

i can't find it on their website. only model 93.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joey762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkaerE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe i missed something, but these stocks are for the MKII right?

i can't find it on their website. only model 93.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Mine right there is a MKII. get the savage 93 stock, it will fit the MKII. Mine dropped in without any need for other parts ordered. As long as you're not sporting a plastic molded-trigger guard stock you'll drop right in. if you are, a quick call to savage custom service, ask for the parts people, tell em you're getting an aftermarket stock, and they'll set you up. </div></div>

There is an issue with the e-reciever v. the non-e. The issue stems from the larger section of the barrel just past the chamber on the non-e. Its only a little bit but it does throw things off a bit.

Compare the barrel contours closely between Joey762's barrel and mine.
Finished3.jpg

Alrighty guys, I need some assistance. I've got the e-receiver MkII, just got home from work and put the receiver in the stock, it's a TIGHT fit, but it's in, however, my action screws are too long, and the trigger guard from the BV stock isn't the right one. Anyone know the part numbers, or at least the correct parts that I need to order to get this job complete? I think the mag plate that I transferred over is fine, but at the very least, the front action screw is too long, and definately without a doubt know the trigger guard won't work.

Thanks

Branden

(Sucks, was hoping to shoot this weekend!)

wow. they are out on the black ones for $79 and its $158 for a green or tan one???

damn, i was all excited.

i have the earlier model so it would require some fitting i suppose.

anyone with the 10/22 have fitting issues? My stock seems to be both too high and too low....as in there is alot of wood that can still be removed to better fit the receiver.

Has ruger changed dimensions on the receiver on 10/22s ever?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkaerE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow. they are out on the black ones for $79 and its $158 for a green or tan one???</div></div>

all colors were $79 at first, the black savage stocks have sold out, and the sale has ended so what they have left are back to the full $158.

I received my stock today, and just put in my MKII-FV (E-receiver), I used the factory screws, and the bottom metal from stocky's any reason why my bolt would feel a little tight closing? There is no way for the factory screws to protrude into the action, which was my first thought.

Savage sent me a 100264 Rear Trigger guard screw, 700488 Trigger guard/mag plate screw, two 106875 Boyds take down screws, 105757 trigger guard, high luster. Those parts all work properly. The 709001 magnum magazine plate and the 106869 mag plate M-II Boyd thumbhole that Savage sent me fit the inlet of the stock but the magazine opening in the plate isn't correct with either mag plate. I'm just going to fabricate one myself.

Got my stock today! Just need a new trigger guard and rear trigger guard screw now. Fits great!