• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Takedown pin suggestions

chalwie

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
ATL
My LWRC front takedown pin broke. I always like to upgrade broken parts instead of simply replacing it. I found a KNS push button pin that negates the need for spring and detent:
KNS push button pin
Has anyone used this and offer feedback?

Or any other pin suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Takedown pin suggestions

Just throw another regular pin in there and go. I used to look at upgrading smaller components like this but just realized I was wasting my time. Stick with what you know works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to look at upgrading smaller components like this but just realized I was wasting my time.</div></div>
Good advice, I called LWRC and they will send a factory original for now.
csmith: That YHM part looks good - if I do upgrade, I will try that out. Didn't know about KNS being stuck.
Thanks.

Yep.....I really used to rack my brain on cool this and cool that. What can I buy to be different. In reality, most of that stuff gets in the way or doesn't work like you would hope.

On the other hand, there are some aftermarket items that do work great. For example, KNS anti walk pins are a great addition to any trigger group.