• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Taking the IOR 6-24 FFP plunge

Re: PICS Taking the IOR 6-24 FFP plunge

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greywolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long does it take to write a damn review of a scope that was tested for a couple days unless they were tested untill they broke. Is there pulitzer prize for reviews now because it must be one hell of a write up. </div></div>

You are new here, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But bitching about the time it takes to get a FREE review of a very well-respected expert on optics is sort of like a welfare recipient bitching about only being able to get the Filet Mignon this week with his foodstamps instead of the standing rib roast and fois gras.
</div></div>

LOL..nice analogy there willian fuckner.. "free" review...hahaha Please..I think the real "experts" are the ones who really use and abuse and see broken scopes a on a daily basis not hobbyist who glass road signs and talk about how wonderful the glass is. And since theres so little info on this particular 2k dollar optic from a company thats produced some less than stellar tactical scopes in the past and has jack shit for specs on the scope available, hell theres not even a damn picture of the reticle. Or how about tube and internals material or if the tube is a one piece or three piece tube like my last IOR. 2k is a lot of coin but its still considerably less then the other highend optics with the same features, hence the interest..
Maybe Lowlight can do a review..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greywolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long does it take to write a damn review of a scope that was tested for a couple days unless they were tested untill they broke. Is there pulitzer prize for reviews now because it must be one hell of a write up. </div></div>

You are new here, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But bitching about the time it takes to get a FREE review of a very well-respected expert on optics is sort of like a welfare recipient bitching about only being able to get the Filet Mignon this week with his foodstamps instead of the standing rib roast and fois gras.
</div></div>

LOL..nice analogy there willian fuckner.. "free" review...hahaha Please..I think the real "experts" are the ones who really use and abuse and see broken scopes a on a daily basis not hobbyist who glass road signs and talk about how wonderful the glass is. And since theres so little info on this particular 2k dollar optic from a company thats produced some less than stellar tactical scopes in the past and has jack shit for specs on the scope available, hell theres not even a damn picture of the reticle. Or how about tube and internals material or if the tube is a one piece or three piece tube like my last IOR. 2k is a lot of coin but its still considerably less then the other highend optics with the same features, hence the interest..
</div></div>

Sound like you should be doing the review. I bet it would be bad ass!! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL..nice analogy there willian fuckner.. "free" review...hahaha Please..I think the real "experts" are the ones who really use and abuse and see broken scopes a on a daily basis not hobbyist who glass road signs and talk about how wonderful the glass is. And since theres so little info on this particular 2k dollar optic from a company thats produced some less than stellar tactical scopes in the past and has jack shit for specs on the scope available, hell theres not even a damn picture of the reticle. Or how about tube and internals material or if the tube is a one piece or three piece tube like my last IOR. 2k is a lot of coin but its still considerably less then the other highend optics with the same features, hence the interest..
</div></div>

If you feel the only people qualified to review the scope are the people who see them broken every day, then why are you so impatient about seeing Ilyas? His review is obviously no importance to you? and, yes, this IS a "FREE" review. You are not paying shit for it. So since you are such a expert on who should be doing the review, why dont you go buy one, find the person you know that sees all of these broken scopes on a daily basis, and send it to them to see if they can break this one. How would that be for a "free" review for you?? If you cant do that then shut your mouth and wait, or go somewhere else.

Oh, and BTW. i just got mine today. Its bad ass. Glass is amazing. Box test on my collimiter is perfect. I like the zero stop system and the illumination buttons are great. Maybe that is all you were looking for? the 30 second review?

292sps5.jpg

Awesome, glad you got it and are pleased. The feedback I'm getting on this and the new 3.5-18x50 is it is the best ever by IOR, including the glass That's saying a lot.

yes, i beleive it came in yesterday, i got off work this morning and it was sitting on the kitchen table like a early christmas present. Very happy! Thanks a TON Scott, LIBERTYOPTICS IS A+!

I only refered to the glass once, everything else in my rapid review was regarding the functionality of the scope, so WTF are you talking about? And i didnt need to know what you do for a living, in fact i could care less. Working on airsoft guns does not count here. Bipod was used to level the scope dumbass, can you get fine adjustment out of a Harris or Atlas? Once again, this review is obviously not what you are looking for, so why are you shitting all over it?? STFU and go somewhere else.

lol. well since i have one of these scopes and all, i figured i would keep an eye on this thread, then saw your stupid ass remarks all over it, so now im talking. ONCE AGAIN, WTF ARE YOU DOING WAITING FOR THIS REVIEW IF ITS NOT ANYTHING LIKE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR???

Sniper2ndRep, go join Gunslot where people will be impressed with your aggressive defense of your "expertise" and how you break scopes with your hardcore real world use...

I own a lot of scopes but i dont jump on every thread involving them..was looking for a little more info than what was on the valdada website..I didnt shit on nothin..

Stop talking to me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im done and I apologise for my behavior </div></div>

Now that's classic.

hahaha. Thats all i can say mr "sniper" hope you pull your head out of your ass one day and go act hardcore on ar15.com or something. they will follow you over their like the badass you are!!!!

If we can please get this thread back on track, Ilya, take your time. a MAJORITY of the people on this site have respect for your expretise on scopes, and will patiently standby while you put together another great scope review!

Ok. So as stated i mounted the scope today and while i have not had a chance to shoot it, here is my initial impression:

The digital illumination buttons seem solid. Only thing i do not like is the fact you dont know what level it is at, or even if it is on. it was the middle of the day, and since only the center dot illuminates, it was useless at this time. She scope is designed to "auto shutoff" feature on the illumination, so if it was turned on accidentally it will not drain the battery. i will not have more info on the illumination until i can get it out in low light.

One concern i did have with the illumination buttons at first glance was that you would have to press the button over and over to turn up/down the light level. you can do it that way, or hold down the desired button and it will increase/decrease until released. That was a big relief to me.

The coating on the scope body itself appears "rough" like the coat was applied very thick. As i received it from Scott as the test scope, it had already been mounted and had ring marks in the coating. It once again appears from the marks that the coating is "thick" as it did scratch it, but it did not go down to the scope body.

The magnification ring is quite stiff. A little more than my liking, but that is personal preference. It is VERY smooth. There is a enlarged knob for ease of adjustment, but i feel it is a little to tall. when around 10/12 power it can impede in view of the top turrent while still on the stock.

Focus is GREAT. only about 1/4 of turn for all adjustment. Very smooth and easy to use

I LOVE the elevation turret. It incorporates a ZeroStop, and a 2nd impact setting. Very easy to setup and use. A+++

Windage is simple and straight forward. No problems

Glass quality is great. Will have it out at the range to get true comparison against my SB and Hensoldt. It does not appear to be anything less as of now.

It does tunnel from 6-arund the 8/9 mark, but it is manageable.
It has VERY constant eye relief through the entire magnification range. I felt very comfortable behind the scope.

This is obviously a very basic and short term eval, and with more use i will update/change my comments.

lol, im not saying it was a suprise, i was expecting it so no worries there. just pointing something i noticed about the marks themselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ffhogue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quick pick of the reticle @24 power. done on my phone, sorry for bad quality

2aalcfp.jpg
</div></div>

I like the reticle!!

I love the reticles on IOR scopes. I have one already and another on the way from Scott as we speak. I put the first one through a rather heavy hunting season last year, and so far I can't say enough good about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

DSC00563.jpg
DSC00560.jpg
DSC00559.jpg

</div></div>

CA bugs the shit outta me, was this due to A. mostly scope, B. equal parts scope/camera, C. mostly camera?

ILya, I look forward to your write-up, better to do it right than fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greywolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ffhogue - so, how do the other residents of your resort react when you bring out the hardware by the pool? LOL
</div></div>

lol. guess its a good thing that it is my resort huh?!?!

RC,

I don't know why I had such a tough time taking reticle pics,lol ? It must be that I was too close ???

Rest assured the scope is very nice in most of the areas that really matter.It's the clearest scope I own.Edit:Better in clarity to me than my USO and NF.

so now I'm completely torn between this and the new 3-18....
I doubt I'll use either at the lowest end much, but as i doubt i'll be shooting past 800 yrds maybe the 18X will be good enough....

Looking forward to the review too...

i now have a 2nd 6-24 and a 3.5-18 on the way. im pretty sure im addicted.... i got rid of my Zeiss Hensoldt 4-16x56 FFP in order to get these 2. Does that say anything???

I am curious if anyone has compared it to a Razor HD yet? I would be really interested in how that turns out.

When I compared a friends Razor to my NF 5.5-22x56 the optics weren't quite as clear as the NF.

I liked the reticle,zero stop and total elevation travel of the Razor.

If the IOR 6-24x56 FFP had more elevation and a Horus reticle I'd sell all my other scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the IOR 6-24x56 FFP had more elevation and a Horus reticle I'd sell all my other scopes. </div></div>

This is the biggest reason why the IOR is not a consideration for me. A shame too. I got to look through a 4-14 SFP on Thurs. Stunning optics, and that reticle! The MP-8 Dot is phenomenal! But 36 mil in the Razor makes up for a fat reticle and OK optics.

John

How is the resolution at 24x? I have a Bushnell 4200 6-24 (old SFP model), and while its a great scope, the resolution falls off after 18x. I've been considering upgrading to the FFP model, or one of these new IOR scopes.

The only thing that is holding me back on the Razor is the fat reticle and the only thing about the IOR is the travel. Although I think the 16 mils with a 20 moa base will be plenty for my .308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

This is the biggest reason why the IOR is not a consideration for me. A shame too. I got to look through a 4-14 SFP on Thurs. Stunning optics, and that reticle! The MP-8 Dot is phenomenal! But 36 mil in the Razor makes up for a fat reticle and OK optics.

John </div></div>

What is the "secondary point of impact variable index" feature on this scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If the IOR 6-24x56 FFP had more elevation and a Horus reticle I'd sell all my other scopes. </div></div>

lol. that makes no sence. A horus reticle makes elevation adjustment a non issue. Thats the whole point of horus scopes (i have a predator on my 22-250imp, great scope for the money)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing that is holding me back on the Razor is the fat reticle and the only thing about the IOR is the travel. Although I think the 16 mils with a 20 moa base will be plenty for my .308.

</div></div>

If you think the 16 mills with a 20moa base will be plenty for your 309, then why is it a issue for you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skatz11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the resolution at 24x? I have a Bushnell 4200 6-24 (old SFP model), and while its a great scope, the resolution falls off after 18x. I've been considering upgrading to the FFP model, or one of these new IOR scopes. </div></div>

It doesn't get dimmer at 24x and it's as clear as rifle scope gets at 24X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ffhogue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
steve123 said:
If the IOR 6-24x56 FFP had more elevation and a Horus reticle I'd sell all my other scopes. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ffhogue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
lol. that makes no sence. A horus reticle makes elevation adjustment a non issue. Thats the whole point of horus scopes (i have a predator on my 22-250imp, great scope for the money).
</div></div>

Sometimes I like to holdover and sometimes I like to dial and sometimes both combined.Ironically the scope that the IOR 6-24x56 replaced was a Horus Predator 8-26.It tracks horribly and I only used holdovers.It was kinda ridiculous dialing the scope down to 10X so I could see line 62 to make the occasional mile shot.The Horus Predator has been demoted to my FX Revolution semi auto air rifle now.I was using line 32 at 165Y earlier this week
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the "secondary point of impact variable index" feature on this scope? </div></div>

Just an quick index marker for a secondary distance.Or a secondary marker for dialing wind.It's got one on the windage knob too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skatz11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the resolution at 24x? I have a Bushnell 4200 6-24 (old SFP model), and while its a great scope, the resolution falls off after 18x. I've been considering upgrading to the FFP model, or one of these new IOR scopes. </div></div>

Bushnell's riflescope glass doesn't hold a candle to IOR's. Many things are said about IOR, but glass quality is usually NEVER complained about-engineering, finish, mechanics and CS have been lacking in the past, but IOR has made great strides in all those areas recently.

steve-I forgot to play with your scope in Prescott. Next time I get up there maybe, or when it cools down down here.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing that is holding me back on the Razor is the fat reticle and the only thing about the IOR is the travel. Although I think the 16 mils with a 20 moa base will be plenty for my .308.

</div></div>

If you think the 16 mills with a 20moa base will be plenty for your 309, then why is it a issue for you? [/quote]

My issue is that the Razor got almost double the elevation in the same size tube. If I ever change the scope to a different gun, that might be an issue down the road.

Thank you for the clarification. I guess I've not seen a scope with this before. Is it a fairly common feature or something that is rather new?

i know im not steve, but i am running Low rings on my Blaser, but that is because it has a HUGE saddle mount on it, on my Tac30 with 20moa rail im running mediums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stepped up and bought a 6-24x56 also.Awaiting delivery. Steve,are you using a 1" height ring? </div></div>

I have the low rings.Not sure about the measurement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for the clarification. I guess I've not seen a scope with this before. Is it a fairly common feature or something that is rather new? </div></div>

I haven't seen them on any other scope before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eyepiece Diameter: 1.903"
Eyepiece Length: 3.9"
Objective Bell Diameter: 2.602"
Tube length from eyepiece to the turret saddle: 2.19"
Tube length from objective to the turret saddle: 2.85"

ILya

</div></div>

ILya

I'm trying to calculate the ring height I'll need for a POF 20" .308 setup. You said the objective bell is 2.6" which is about 66mm. Is it typical for a x56 scope to be about 10mm larger in diameter or is this something unique to the IOR?

It looks like I'll need rings of about:

66mm/2 = 33mm from the centerline of the scope or

33mm - 35mm/2 (tube diameter/2) = 15.5mm from the base of the rail to the bottom of the scope (.6")

Yikes! That bumps me up to high rings which I believe are .75" for IOR stock rings.

Anyone mounted one of these on an AR with medium rings?

Looks like I'll be forced to either wait for the 50mm or go with the new 3.5-18x50 scopes. I didn't see any of these scopes on the IOR website but I just read a post where someone has one. Who is selling these? They are mil/mil right?

Call Scott at Liberty Optics. He IS Mr. IOR.

John