• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tale of woe - can you beat this tragedy?

chooter

A#1 BMF
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Purchased a suppressor on GB Dec 2015
My dealer(**** ******* ******) in Youngstown OH filled out form 4 Jan 01, 2016

Did NOT fax in to BATF until April 01, 2016 - asswipes

Due to this dealers policys and BATF taking excessive approval fimes on form 4, I requested June 2016 to cancel this form and resubmit to me as transferee

Form 4 approved Aug 17 2016 to my local dealer. asswipes never cancelled orig. form 3

April 2017 I received the rejection letter with mistakes on form 3 from the Youngstown dealer - wrong model number, and incorrect length of suppressor. ASSWIPES! Also included in letter was the unapproved transfer to me.

May 2017 the suppressor arrived at my local dealer nine months after approval. ASSWIPES

Early August I finally took possession. Whoopie for a can I really no longer want. 20 MONTHS

And yes the BATF seemed uninterested in pursuing action against that dealer for not shipping in a timely fashion once the transfer was approved.

STAY AWAY THE HELL FROM THAT DEALER IN YOUNGSTOWN OHIO.

My dealer(**** ******* ******) in Youngstown OH

Well why did you leave out the one important piece of information?

Edit: after too much time wasted trying to find it, is it High Powered Armory? If so why are you afraid to say it?

Early August I finally took possession. Whoopie for a can I really no longer want. 20 MONTHS

I understand most of your pain/complaint but not this part. When purchasing a suppressor it's pretty much FOR LIFE, not sure why you wouldn't still want it? I mean, except for proper destruction/disposal it's never worth the time/trouble/effort to sell a used one.....really.

I understand most of your pain/complaint but not this part. When purchasing a suppressor it's pretty much FOR LIFE, not sure why you wouldn't still want it? I mean, except for proper destruction/disposal it's never worth the time/trouble/effort to sell a used one.....really.

Sometimes the amount of frustration and delays kills whatever excitement you may have had.

Depending on how you're selling a used suppressor or collection of suppressors, it could be quite fast and easy. Making the purchaser the sole trustee/successor on your trust could make the process a one day thing.

Dave

I bought/transferred a used can. Form 4 submitted just like any other transfer. It was in state, and virtually seamless. Don't see where the issue is.

I know the feeling. I had a can a few years ago that was taking forever and I kept asking the shop to see if the check went through. They didn't seem real interested in that. 6 months later the paperwork had to be resubmitted because it got "lost". I don't buy anything there anymore.

silencerShop is the best most pain free place to deal with.

Hell I was one of the earliest entries into the Templar Tactical (now Crux) group buys here. From when I sent in my check to them to when I received it via ATF approval was close if not 20months. Delivery delays, repairs due to burrs in the bore (TT took care of everything), Form 4 issues, etc. etc. It added up.

I ordered an AWC Ultra II through a reputable dealer on here back in January '12. Called AWC and they confirmed it was on the shelf. Sent the check to the dealer who also called and ensured it was in stock. It wasn't. Ultimately took AWC almost a year to get it to the dealer, then another two month wait to get it to my local Class 3. Then Form 4s came back with errors and resubmittal. It was a cluster and didn't get the call until September of '13.

Even after all that shit (those were my first forrays into the NFA game) I love every one of them. My TT 30cal is phenomenal and holds up against the best of them. My 5.56cal sits on my SBR now permanently, and that AWC... it's crazy quiet and badass.

Let the sour taste fade and you'll enjoy them. It sure didn't stop me from buying 22lr, 45acp, and two more 30cal cans!

I get it. All but one of my can purchases have been through SS. I've been on the waitlist for a SF SOCOM 556 RC SB for a long time. Other dealers have it in stock, but the hassle of having to do the process outside of the SS system keeps me from pulling the trigger. Now that they've added the Form 1 and the bar codes, it's gotten to be an even stronger argument to stick with SS.

I know the feeling. I had a can a few years ago that was taking forever and I kept asking the shop to see if the check went through. They didn't seem real interested in that. 6 months later the paperwork had to be resubmitted because it got "lost". I don't buy anything there anymore.

silencerShop is the best most pain free place to deal with.

I had a shop pull that lost paperwork excuse on me too. I will use someone else next time.

That sucks...I had a dealer that was banned from here who sold me a suppressor (local) and then moved. He said he would be in touch and not to worry. 9 months later I called the ATF and they said your paperwork was approved 3 months ago enjoy your suppressor. I called dealer...'what can?...I can't find it, or your paperwork from the ATF.' I called ATF to tell them I do NOT own or poses this can. The dealer did refund me my money and tax fee...

Legalities. And to the first reply - yes

A nasty complaint filed by an angry company, even if frivolous can cost thousands of dollars to respond to and then going the legal route of trying to recover attorney's fees is not easy if you do receive a judgement. Attempting to collect on that judgement is a whole other can of worms. Best to er on the side of caution. Only people who win on stuff like this is attorneys.

A nasty complaint filed by an angry company, even if frivolous can cost thousands of dollars to respond to and then going the legal route of trying to recover attorney's fees is not easy if you do receive a judgement. Attempting to collect on that judgement is a whole other can of worms. Best to er on the side of caution. Only people who win on stuff like this is attorneys.

Any company dragging ass like that deserves to be dragged through the ringer. I would name and shame all day long.

Any company dragging ass like that deserves to be dragged through the ringer. I would name and shame all day long.

You're absolutely right that they should be dragged through the mud, that doesn't however change the fact that your attitude may change when you are expected to start writing checks. Lots of the legal monkey business in the country would be solved by a loser pays system both civilly and criminally.