• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tangent 5-25 or new Schmidt 6-36

It’s going to be a 36mm tube like ZCO, same turrets as far as I know - toolless awesomeness, but nothing set in stone. Not sure if they’ll introduce a new reticle or not.

Regarding SHOT - You have to have connections to the sporting industry to get in, I was going to go off the invitation of one of the mfr’s but timing just didn’t work out, hopefully next year.
Dang, that's too bad. I remember guys used to get in just for being le.

Also, TT is coming out with a 7-35x56 scope at SHOT later this month, not sure when stock will hit store shelves but shouldn't be too long, contact @MOUNTIC if you're interested. This is the first net new design from TT since they took over from Premier back in 2014 so I have high expectations it will be a phenomenal design. It is my desire to get a TT735P, ZCO 840, Schmidt 6-36 and the NF ATACR 7-35 for a review later this year, but a lot depends on availability of the Schmidt which as mentioned above can be very sketchy.

That is correct. Armament will have one of the 7-35s at the range demo at shot and will have an optic at the booth. Black with gen3xr fine reticle will be the first ones available. Inital ETA on first batch is Late FEB, early March (Subject to change). Limited allocation of optics to certain dealers on the first go around. I don't have pricing just yet. Also, the new reticle that has been mentioned is an MOA reticle.

Last edited:
Dang, that's too bad. I remember guys used to get in just for being le.
You have to be "active" according to their rules, if not then you have to be affiliated

Active duty enlisted/officers, sworn law enforcement, and correctional officers at state level or below. Federal level LE must register as active federal law enforcement agent

Company and Employee Qualification Options:

• Copy of LE/Active Duty Military ID
Reserve LE officers, volunteers officers and civilians must qualify under purchaser category to attend.

Reactions: Gil P.
Current S&B's scopes don't compare to tangents or zco's. In the slightest. I've had 4 or 5 Schmidt's. They're great. But not the same bracket as a TT.
I just sold my Schmidt pmii and I think it was in the same arena as my zco I really enjoyed it, it got left behind because it was the oldest but I really think it was a direct contender.

Reactions: mrmarklin
I just sold my Schmidt pmii and I think it was in the same arena as my zco I really enjoyed it, it got left behind because it was the oldest but I really think it was a direct contender.
For being such an old design (optics years are like dog years, figure about 7 years for every year since an optic was released ;) ) the Schmidt 5-25 is a surprisingly good optic that is definitely in the alpha class, yes it's big, yes it tunnels but the glass is surprisingly good and in the low to mid $2k category for used it makes this an excellent option as long as you can live with the reticle options.

TT is definitely King. You can also get deals on TT but none on ZCO which is pretty crappy. Plus TT already comes with flip caps and a flash kill

Look around, call a few of the hide vendors and some others in the shooting sports that do the scopes & you can get a decent deal on a ZCO
Also sometimes the used ones are a decent deal.
If you want the latest and greatest ZCO and want the expensive reticles then the prices reflect that.
But you can get a decent deal regardless.

Reactions: CSTactical
For being such an old design (optics years are like dog years, figure about 7 years for every year since an optic was released ;) ) the Schmidt 5-25 is a surprisingly good optic that is definitely in the alpha class, yes it's big, yes it tunnels but the glass is surprisingly good and in the low to mid $2k category for used it makes this an excellent option as long as you can live with the reticle options.

I'd agree that for the price the S&B 5-25x56 scopes go for usually, it's hard to beat the value for the money as they have excellent optics and work well, just as long as you don't need some fancy pants reticle. Usually they are in the low to mid $2k range which is great.

The brand new pricing, is like WTF might as well just get a ZCO for that money or toss an extra $1k and get a TT

If you aren't doing competitions as much, the old classic P4F is still very useable and works well for a lot of things.
it especially works nicely when you go to the top of the magnification range where most other fancy options don't have that much more to offer either.

Reactions: RayDBonz
I haven’t seen a Schmidt for $2.5K used with a decent reticle AND DT II+ turrets. Though I do remember that blowout at Euro some years ago.

Like others have stated already.

When talking about spending the kind of money youre willing to spend, there are only 2 companies that justify it. TT and Zco. Either look through both if you can, if not, just look at their reticles and decide from there. Either direction you take, you wont be dissapointed with either nor will you have buyers regret based off of their quality. You might have regret for spending that amount on any scope but that isn't the scopes fault. I love my TT and it wont be going anywhere anytime soon. I know i would have been super happy with a Zco had i gone that route.

Like others have stated already.

When talking about spending the kind of money youre willing to spend, there are only 2 companies that justify it. TT and Zco. Either look through both if you can, if not, just look at their reticles and decide from there. Either direction you take, you wont be dissapointed with either nor will you have buyers regret based off of their quality. You might have regret for spending that amount on any scope but that isn't the scopes fault. I love my TT and it wont be going anywhere anytime soon. I know i would have been super happy with a Zco had i gone that route.

But one you buy new from us you get a surprise... Ask @Krob95 :ROFLMAO:

I think that new P5FL looks great. I'm still on the fence about the GR2ID. I'll go to some matches and see if I can find one.

I think that new P5FL looks great. I'm still on the fence about the GR2ID. I'll go to some matches and see if I can find one.

That just comes down to if you like tree reticles or not. The gr2id is pretty easy to see through imo vs the tremor or h59.

Reactions: blksno
That just comes down to if you like tree reticles or not. The gr2id is pretty easy to see through imo vs the tremor or h59.
100% agree, HORUS reticles are really thick and obscure a lot of the image whereas the GR2ID is pretty thin and almost disappears when you're not focused on the grid, it is a well thought out design and may be too thin for some. OP - Reticle is very much personal preference so you really need to determine what is going to work best for you.

100% agree, HORUS reticles are really thick and obscure a lot of the image whereas the GR2ID is pretty thin and almost disappears when you're not focused on the grid, it is a well thought out design and may be too thin for some. OP - Reticle is very much personal preference so you really need to determine what is going to work best for you.
I've been using the MSR and then MSR 2 reticles for so long and the P5FL is similar. The GR2ID seems like something you have to see in person since in paper it looks like the grid would be distracting. The only reservations I have about the TT and ZCO reticles are the main cross hair line thickness. They seem too thin, but again it's something I need to see in person.

Reactions: BCX
H59 baby like an mpact2 but for men

TT is king i have ZCO and 3 TT. My personal opinion ZCO wants to be TT but no way, people and dealers that sell ZCO hype the scope up so much, ZCO is good scope for $$$ but it's not in same class as TT.

People will be pissed off by this but its honest truth. Don't lie to people.

TT is king i have ZCO and 3 TT. My personal opinion ZCO wants to be TT but no way, people and dealers that sell ZCO hype the scope up so much, ZCO is good scope for $$$ but it's not in same class as TT.

What in tarnation???
FAD27C9B-5754-4DFA-A5D3-C75C4627B989.gif

giphy (2).gif

For fun you should one time ask Frank to be frank about his opinion on TT scopes...

/me grabs some tea and a biscuit and waits to watch the show.

That being said if the new rumoured TT 7-35 or whatever gets the thumbs up from Ilya and I can find it for anything approaching sanity, I might consider getting one.

I miss Loony Toons. Gotta dig out my DVD set…wait, I don’t own a damn DVD player any more.

Ah well. Off to cook some hasenpfeffer

Yeah, those cartoons wouldn't pass the woke meters of today... :ROFLMAO:
Im a little concerned about @carbonbased

Whats he going to cook? Meth? Did he sell his DVD player for meth and forget due to being addicted to meth?

Why does he enjoy children's cartoons? Why didn't he sell the DVDs for meth?

• Love
Reactions: carbonbased
Which would you choose to shoot matches with? I know their 6-36 hasn't been released yet, so this is assuming the new 6-26 will have glass as good as their old 5-25.

I haven't attended a match in a couple years. Are no dial stages still a thing? The Schmidt 6-36 only comes with the GR2ID AND P5FL. For Tangent, I'm mostly interested in the G3XR Fine.

I'm leaning towards the Schmidt with P5FL. What do you think?
Gil, you will not go wrong with either one. Ok, here goes...I have both. TT on my Match Rifle (3XR) and S&B 5x25 with H59 reticle (both CCW) on my practice rifle. I have used S&B for over 40+ 1 day and 2 day matches throughout the USA. Drove, flown, abused by handlers at the airport...me stepping on (more than once :)) ) on my rifle during and after the match. Snow, biblical rains, mud, gravel, Oklahoma moon dust and just general abuse. S&B has NEVER EVER failed me. I love that scope!! TT is a great glass and turrets are super easy to use...occular can be locked in ( I loved that feature) and my absolute favorite TOOLLESS! I can not begin to tell you how practical that is at the match. Last year at one of the 2 day PRS matches I was about to start shooting the stage...RO says : Shooter are you ready?...Me...I always raise my rifle up just before the timer goes off (checking elevation and if I have windage on zero)...however...I could not see the through the glass...Me confused, telling RO hang on a second...I tell him that my glass is 'foggy' he laughs at me. I asked 'can I put it on the prop and just to double check it'...he said 'go ahead'. I do and then I look at the front of the scope and there was a GIANT moisture ring inside my TT 5k scope. To say that I was pissed is an understatement. We still had about 8 stages left and I basically had to use the 'foggy' glass for the remainder of the match. I go back home call TT in Canada and they say to send it to them. They provided shipping and return label. Good customer service. It turns out the seal rings inside the scope have given ways and TT decided to replace all of them, great. While the glass and seals being replaced/cleaned I asked If I could change my 3XR reticle to JTAC (less busy)I said ' I'll pay for it'...they said NO...me hmmm, ok. I also know that for roughly $800-$950 Schmidt & Bender WILL change your reticle to the one you want. So... your call Gil.

Gil, you will not go wrong with either one. Ok, here goes...I have both. TT on my Match Rifle (3XR) and S&B 5x25 with H59 reticle (both CCW) on my practice rifle. I have used S&B for over 40+ 1 day and 2 day matches throughout the USA. Drove, flown, abused by handlers at the airport...me stepping on (more than once :)) ) on my rifle during and after the match. Snow, biblical rains, mud, gravel, Oklahoma moon dust and just general abuse. S&B has NEVER EVER failed me. I love that scope!! TT is a great glass and turrets are super easy to use...occular can be locked in ( I loved that feature) and my absolute favorite TOOLLESS! I can not begin to tell you how practical that is at the match. Last year at one of the 2 day PRS matches I was about to start shooting the stage...RO says : Shooter are you ready?...Me...I always raise my rifle up just before the timer goes off (checking elevation and if I have windage on zero)...however...I could not see the through the glass...Me confused, telling RO hang on a second...I tell him that my glass is 'foggy' he laughs at me. I asked 'can I put it on the prop and just to double check it'...he said 'go ahead'. I do and then I look at the front of the scope and there was a GIANT moisture ring inside my TT 5k scope. To say that I was pissed is an understatement. We still had about 8 stages left and I basically had to use the 'foggy' glass for the remainder of the match. I go back home call TT in Canada and they say to send it to them. They provided shipping and return label. Good customer service. It turns out the seal rings inside the scope have given ways and TT decided to replace all of them, great. While the glass and seals being replaced/cleaned I asked If I could change my 3XR reticle to JTAC (less busy)I said ' I'll pay for it'...they said NO...me hmmm, ok. I also know that for roughly $800-$950 Schmidt & Bender WILL change your reticle to the one you want. So... your call Gil.
Im leaning towards the Schmidt right now, I prefer their reticles. The P5FL looks a lot better than the JTAC. On the P5, the half and whole mil marks were kept long which makes no dial stages easier. And the JTAC main line thickness is only .025 mils.

In my opinion, those reticles .2 mil hash marks all the way up and down the main stadia need a tree to make no dial shots easier since the .2 mil hashes are usually short.

6-36x56 is not quite out yet, so we really do not know exactly how it stacks up.
They said the first production batch will be out toward the end of Q1, but we'll see how it goes. I plan to look at one as soon as they are out.

Same goes for the new 7-35x56 TT. I'll try to get my hands on it and do a proper side by side with the S&B and the current 5-25x56 that I have.

As far as reticles go, that is really in the eye of the beholder. GR2ID is one of my favourite reticles currently available, so a S&B with GR2ID reticle and DTII+, assuming everything else is done well should be a compelling option. I just do not really know how it stacks up.

Of the broadly similar scopes, I currently have Vortex Razor Gen3 6-36x56, TT 5-25x56 and March 5-42x56 on hand, so I'll be able to compare the Schmidt to these three.

Out of what is available right now, if money is no object, I would go with TT. Otherwise, Razor Gen3.

ILya

6-36x56 is not quite out yet, so we really do not know exactly how it stacks up.
They said the first production batch will be out toward the end of Q1, but we'll see how it goes. I plan to look at one as soon as they are out.

Same goes for the new 7-35x56 TT. I'll try to get my hands on it and do a proper side by side with the S&B and the current 5-25x56 that I have.

As far as reticles go, that is really in the eye of the beholder. GR2ID is one of my favourite reticles currently available, so a S&B with GR2ID reticle and DTII+, assuming everything else is done well should be a compelling option. I just do not really know how it stacks up.

Of the broadly similar scopes, I currently have Vortex Razor Gen3 6-36x56, TT 5-25x56 and March 5-42x56 on hand, so I'll be able to compare the Schmidt to these three.

Out of what is available right now, if money is no object, I would go with TT. Otherwise, Razor Gen3.

ILya
I do a lot of shooting between 10x and 15x. Do you have any issues seeing the subtensions on TT between 10x and 15x?

ILya

Will you have a ZCO 8-40 x56 to also test with?
(or do you need one?)

Also, TT is coming out with a 7-35x56 scope at SHOT later this month, not sure when stock will hit store shelves but shouldn't be too long, contact @MOUNTIC if you're interested. This is the first net new design from TT since they took over from Premier back in 2014 so I have high expectations it will be a phenomenal design. It is my desire to get a TT735P, ZCO 840, Schmidt 6-36 and the NF ATACR 7-35 for a review later this year, but a lot depends on availability of the Schmidt which as mentioned above can be very sketchy.
$$$$$

Im a little concerned about @carbonbased

Whats he going to cook? Meth? Did he sell his DVD player for meth and forget due to being addicted to meth?

Why does he enjoy children's cartoons? Why didn't he sell the DVDs for meth?
Ah Grasshopper, I speak of the gentle wit and copious hilarity contained in a Looney Tunes episode starring Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam, a snippet that is shown below. The king’s accent is what does it for me lol.

A bit longer version:

(Obv the uploader cut out the middle so not to get in copyright hot water, methinks)

P.S. current dvd players seem to last 1.5 minutes, the one good one we own is tied up within my son’s constantly used Xbox (upstairs, inconvenient). Thus my forlorn dvd collection sits upon some unknown dusty shelf while I constantly curse that whatever I wish to stream is on yet another service I do not subscribe to. Yet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CSTactical
P.S. current dvd players seem to last 1.5 minutes, the one good one we own is tied up within my son’s constantly used Xbox (upstairs, inconvenient). Thus my forlorn dvd collection sits upon some unknown dusty shelf while I constantly curse that whatever I wish to stream is on yet another service I do not subscribe to. Yet.

Just as a note, a well setup desktop PC work well as a DVD player if you have a nice monitor.
You can also rip all your DVDs to your storage drive so you have them all at your fingertips.

Just as a note, a well setup desktop PC work well as a DVD player if you have a nice monitor.
You can also rip all your DVDs to your storage drive so you have them all at your fingertips.
I hate watching movies on a PC, however. If I wanted to figure out a home server or better yet, just hooking up a PC to a big tv, that would be ok.

My last standalone PC-type dvd drive/burner got chucked…10-15 years ago? And as a mac guy, I can’t remember the last built-in dvd drive I owned.

But points taken. I appreciate it.

I should probably just research and buy a really good and reliable DVD player for the easiest solution. Any tips on that route? PM me if you want.

P.S. hey, maybe I could buy a dvd reader, rip to HD (I have a large storage drive), and dump individual movies onto a big USB drive to watch. Once done, delete it and rinse and repeat. Few complications. Anyway, peeps are now Ok Boomer’ing me. Carry on.

Last edited:
I hate watching movies on a PC, however. If I wanted to figure out a home server or better yet, just hooking up a PC to a big tv, that would be ok.

My last standalone PC-type dvd drive/burner got chucked…10-15 years ago? And as a mac guy, I can’t remember the last built-in dvd drive I owned.

But points taken. I appreciate it.

I should probably just research and buy a really good and reliable DVD player for the easiest solution. Any tips on that route? PM me if you want.

P.S. hey, maybe I could buy a dvd reader, rip to HD (I have a large storage drive), and dump individual movies onto a big USB drive to watch. Once done, delete it and rinse and repeat. Few complications. Anyway, peeps are now Ok Boomer’ing me. Carry on.

For a stand alone DVD player, some of the Sony PlayStations actually work very well.
But yes in your specific case, I think a good decent solid high end DVD player would work well.
I used a Pioneer one for awhile that I really liked but then just had the Sony PS2 take over the DVD and Blu-ray playback duties and it did them very well.

Nowdays I just rip everything and watch it on my 42" computer monitor.