• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta Gen3 XR - details and images

@koshkin which do you prefer, Gen2XR or Gen3XR?

I use Gen2XR in my TT315M, so I am extremely used to it. Gen 3XR is new, so I have only seen it at a scope at SHOT. I will test a 5-25x with that reticle some time this year, which will tell me how it does in actual use. I think Gen 3XR is a better reticle for the 5-25x. For the 3-15x, it really remaisn to be seen.

ILya

Reactions: Bkultra
I wish I would have kept my TT gen2 XR, now It really makes me want a gen3 seeing that new Reticle.. I'm refraining from calling Mike and Richard at CST....

I wish I would have kept my TT gen2 XR, now It really makes me want a gen3 seeing that new Reticle.. I'm refraining from calling Mike and Richard at CST....

Just do it! Ahaha it’s an awesome scope and I have no regrets getting back into a TT. Truly amazing

Just do it! Ahaha it’s an awesome scope and I have no regrets getting back into a TT. Truly amazing

Now that I have a tangent on way......kinda trivializes a zcomp. My kahles focuses to 20m, so it’s fine for my vudoo

And I don’t hate the gen2xr.

So between those two, what role does the zco do that the kahles can’t do as well and the tangent doesn’t do better?

I’ll probably go through with zcomp purchase just cause.....why not. But logically speaking, other than the really good reticles, I’m having trouble talking myself into it.

Now that I have a tangent on way......kinda trivializes a zcomp. My kahles focuses to 20m, so it’s fine for my vudoo

And I don’t hate the gen2xr.

So between those two, what role does the zco do that the kahles can’t do as well and the tangent doesn’t do better?

I’ll probably go through with zcomp purchase just cause.....why not. But logically speaking, other than the really good reticles, I’m having trouble talking myself into it.

I’m rocking the gen2xr and actually like it a lot now. I’ve learned for PRS for stages with short time limits to get to “good enough” to pull the trigger in terms of sight picture. So for holds or wind I can just bracket. With .2 mil rets I found myself holding out for a “perfect hold”

It's probably just a mental/training thing for me but it makes me feel faster on the scope. Also love the clicks because I can damn near dial elevation without looking. That’s how crisp they are.

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
I’m rocking the gen2xr and actually like it a lot now. I’ve learned for PRS for stages with short time limits to get to “good enough” to pull the trigger in terms of sight picture. So for holds or wind I can just bracket. With .2 mil rets I found myself holding out for a “perfect hold”

It's probably just a mental/training thing for me but it makes me feel faster on the scope. Also love the clicks because I can damn near dial elevation without looking. That’s how crisp they are.

I’ve been using .2 mil reticles almost exclusively. Going to need a little bit of practice and study reference points for different size targets for smaller than .5 holds.

I found a TT with the MTC version turrets. Haven’t heard much about them. Any experience with them?

I’ve been using .2 mil reticles almost exclusively. Going to need a little bit of practice and study reference points for different size targets for smaller than .5 holds.

I found a TT with the MTC version turrets. Haven’t heard much about them. Any experience with them?

I don’t but I wanted one cause I got really used to it on my Premier. Too bad they don’t make them anymore

I don’t but I wanted one cause I got really used to it on my Premier. Too bad they don’t make them anymore

How did you like them on premier?

Supposedly these are easier to stop on .1 and .2 than the Schmidt MTC.

The Schmidt’s I’ve owned I always has to go past and back down.

@Dthomas3523 yea I really prefer the Mtc on my Premier to my Schmidt. You do end up going past then dialing back when going fast, but it’s possible to go .1 or .2 with some effort.

UPS "attempted" delivery of my TT today. They left a note but I never heard a knock or doorbell. Grrr... I guess i'll just have to wait one more day.

tenor.gif

LOL. You're right. I'm setting up in the yard in a ghillie suit tomorrow. He won't get away this time.

If you have a UPS account, I just request a hold at the UPS hub soon as the seller ships it. Available to pick up soon as they open on the day it would be delivered. Go pick it up first thing, usually ready by 8am and you don't have to waste the whole day waiting.

I’m late to the game. I briefly looked at TT last year. Looked more closely this year. Placed an order for 14 of them. 11 of them pre-sold. They told me 4-5 month lead time. Excited. just wondering how many come in the first batch.

I’m late to the game. I briefly looked at TT last year. Looked more closely this year. Placed an order for 14 of them. 11 of them pre-sold. They told me 4-5 month lead time. Excited. just wondering how many come in the first batch.

Can I be your 15th friend? :cool:

Doug at Cameraland has a few on order. I put a deposit on one over the weekend. Said 3-5 month wait. Its worth it.

I ordered a TT Gen3 XR from CS Tactical a few days ago, Great guys to work with. Now comes the tough part. Waiting. I always change the UPS delivery to the local UPS store for 2 reasons. I don't have worry if no one is home. I can pick up my package on the way home from work and then I don't have to answer questions from my wife. What's in the box?

God I want to place an order for one of these but still not sold on the reticle. I just wish that center dot was slightly smaller. I enjoying shooting tiny groups at 100 yards, and dont want too much covered up. I dont want to feel like im missing anything when spending $4k on a scope. Maybe in a few years they will release some more options

There is something about these scopes. The turrets are almost hypnotic.

ILya

If they ever offer a skmr/mpct/h2cmr reticle and get the focus to 25m (for vudoo), I’d probably never own another optic.

If they ever offer a skmr/mpct/h2cmr reticle and get the focus to 25m (for vudoo), I’d probably never own another optic.
Oh yes you would because you just can't help it ;) I'd say if TT came out with a TT420M with Gen 3XR I'd never own another scope but I just can't help myself at times. I've had Premier's I have the ZP5 so it makes sense that I'd upgrade to a TT, but I would like something more compelling than a 5-25 (which I already have) and a 3-15 which I would prefer something with a little more top end, hence the 4-20 and if they made it in the M series and kept the weight close to 30oz... not to derail the thread, so back to the Gen 3XR, I really like it, yes it's got a big center dot but I actually don't mind that too much, what bugged me about the March FML-1 reticle is it was thick all over, but the Gen 3XR has the right thickness for the rest of the reticle but maintains the thick center dot which is actually easier to see especially for things beyond 300y or so, one of my gripes about the SKMR center dot is I think it is too small, it often gets lost in high contrast situations where I would think the Gen 3XR center dot would not.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
God I want to place an order for one of these but still not sold on the reticle. I just wish that center dot was slightly smaller. I enjoying shooting tiny groups at 100 yards, and dont want too much covered up. I dont want to feel like im missing anything when spending $4k on a scope. Maybe in a few years they will release some more options

I think you should not buy TT525 GEN 3XR because it is not Designed to shoot groups at 100 yards.
"Tangent Theta 5-25x56mm model TT525P Rifle Telescope is an extreme-range precision sighting instrument for professional marksmen." Thats from TT website.
Just my opinion and not trying to start argument. But i can assure you once you own and use TT most other scopes are not interesting because TT is amazing scope.

The reticle isn’t my favorite, but there’s more reasons than the center dot. Logically speaking it’s a good reticle.

The dot will only cover slightly more than 0.25” at 100yds.

Also, you can always use one of the hashes for your 100yd shooting.

I know what you mean. I think the gen 3xr would be excellent for pretty much everything I do other than when I want to shoot those tiny groups (if the center dot was slightly smaller it'd be perfect), but as you said I could just use a hash mark.. hmmm decisions, decisions

Tangent Thetas are a luxury item, S&B. Minox, Nightforce, etc are not luxury items.I am going to try that on my wife, who would have thought that my $3,000+ Kahles scopes aren't luxury items. I always knew they were necessities! How far we have come from moving up from Bushnells to Leupolds;)
I'm thinking: maybe tell her you're looking into thermals, 72mm Zeiss & big Hennies, and then there's that Vector 23... Hopes are that this newest TT might just be accepted--you know--a compromise? Just don't be throwing me in that briar patch. Oh, and almost forgot about the Vector 23; in the same way maybe then the PLRF25C/with Kestrel... could become a reality. Damn we're schemers. Gotta be.

Exactly, I'm sure this scope is aimed more at a PRS/Tactical crowd, not Grandpa Jim who is shooting groups at 100.

The big center dot is nice. So far, I hate the .2 dot on my LRR reticle because its SO small and so hard to pickup on anything but a perfect white target at max zoom (which is never used anyway)
Hey, easy on the granxs’ out here! I suppose I’m safe--being a great granx... If you’re lucky you’ll get to be old too. Why I just realized; I’m as old as my father when he was my age. Maybe so, but I’m still shooting my Premier with the GenII Milldot--and scheming to get my hands on one of these modern beauties.

So now that this has been out for a while and am sure it has been used quite a bit, what do users think? Compared to H59, MPCT2, EBR7D and others?

So now that this has been out for a while and am sure it has been used quite a bit, what do users think? Compared to H59, MPCT2, EBR7D and others?

Leaps and bounds better than the H59, ebr7d, and comparable to the mpct2. I actually really like the mpct2 reticle. The mpct2 and MR4 are very similar to the gen3xr with subtle differences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Islas82
Gen3 XR is one of my favorites. Used to be a huge MR4 fan but as my eyes have gotten older I have great difficulty seeing the center dot, not that big of a deal cause I hold for wind and will use other parts of the reticle beyond 100 yards. I like the EBR 7D, but I find the H59 and MPCT2 to be too cluttered for my taste. I prefer reticles to keep the image clean and there are some tree reticles that do this better than others.

Gen3 XR is one of my favorites. Used to be a huge MR4 fan but as my eyes have gotten older I have great difficulty seeing the center dot, not that big of a deal cause I hold for wind and will use other parts of the reticle beyond 100 yards. I like the EBR 7D, but I find the H59 and MPCT2 to be too cluttered for my taste. I prefer reticles to keep the image clean and there are some tree reticles that do this better than others.
If you struggle with the .05mil center dot on the MR-4, how useable is the .036mil center dot in the MPCT2?

Wait, there’s a dot in the MPCT reticles 😂.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about.

I'm seriously considering switching from my 4-16x42 ATACR with Mil-xt to the 4-20x50 ZCO with MPCT2 or MPCT3X reticle. Main reason is the mil-xt is a little too cluttered right around the center dot making it hard for me to focus on it. Especially at lower (10-12x) magnification. The ZCO reticles are a little less cluttered around the dot but the dot is also smaller so I might have same issues. I'm assuming you're not able to use the dot on the ZCOs around 10-12X?

By comparison, I have no problem with the MR-4 in the Minox.

^^^. Me personally, no, I can’t see the center dot below 15x, it even gets lost on red dots of LD work. But the way the MPCT reticles are designed I almost feel like they are an open center, never had issues with groups.

^^^. Me personally, no, I can’t see the center dot below 15x, it even gets lost on red dots of LD work. But the way the MPCT reticles are designed I almost feel like they are an open center, never had issues with groups.
Thank you. You may have just saved me a lot of money and hassle.

I've been pretty happy with the ATACR 4-16 with the exception of cluttered center. When shooting in matches, I like to be able to quickly put the dot on target for highly positional stages. But that requires a dot that stands out easily. The only reason I was considering a ZCO was reticle.

The dot on the MR-4 stands out more than the mil-xt. Actually I like the dot on my March with FML-1 the most but I'd like to have a tree for other types of stages. Guess I'll keep looking.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about.

I'm seriously considering switching from my 4-16x42 ATACR with Mil-xt to the 4-20x50 ZCO with MPCT2 or MPCT3X reticle. Main reason is the mil-xt is a little too cluttered right around the center dot making it hard for me to focus on it. Especially at lower (10-12x) magnification. The ZCO reticles are a little less cluttered around the dot but the dot is also smaller so I might have same issues. I'm assuming you're not able to use the dot on the ZCOs around 10-12X?

By comparison, I have no problem with the MR-4 in the Minox.
Agree with you there. I like the center to be open and not too crowded. About 0.2 mils of clearance on each side of the center dot works for me. Simple is good.

Excellent reticle. I have several. If they made a 5-25x50/56 with low profile turrets at 14" it'd be perfect in IMO.

Reactions: Islas82
Thank you. You may have just saved me a lot of money and hassle.

I've been pretty happy with the ATACR 4-16 with the exception of cluttered center. When shooting in matches, I like to be able to quickly put the dot on target for highly positional stages. But that requires a dot that stands out easily. The only reason I was considering a ZCO was reticle.

The dot on the MR-4 stands out more than the mil-xt. Actually I like the dot on my March with FML-1 the most but I'd like to have a tree for other types of stages. Guess I'll keep looking.
You would love the Gen 3XR or the FML-TR1 reticles, they both have trees but with larger center dots