• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta scope broke today?

1573152612668.png

Amazing how vested some folks get in the purchase of an overpriced, under built, inanimate object. Makes them post ridiculous mimes that they would be embarrassed to show their families or coworkers.

You are welcome to your opinion just as I am mine.

Drive on.

Amazing how vested some folks get in the purchase of an overpriced, under built, inanimate object. Makes them post ridiculous mimes that they would be embarrassed to show their families or coworkers.

You are welcome to your opinion just as I am mine.

Drive on.

All I’ve asked is for you to clarify what warranty tangent theta has “bailed” on. You can’t seem too provide an answer.

The only such warranty I am aware of is Premier.

If you, I, or anyone else buys a company for their machines and some of their technology.......No one is going to warranty the designs that fail that lead to the reason the company was defunct in the first place.

You can continue to call it a shit show, or you can provide an example of a warranty they did not provide that most reasonable people would expect. Reasonable isn’t expecting them to warranty a shit product they took possession of the assets of that company.

Reactions: gconnoyer
None of my three IORs have never failed or broke. one 3.5-18 thats around 10 years old sitting on a custom 308 (the same recoil for 10 years that broke said TT after a year or so), a 12-52 Terminator that is about 7 years old sitting on a custom 6.5CM, and a new Recon sitting on a custom 6.5CM.
Perfect Glass (Schott), perfect reliability.

New rule.

Anytime you post, the only responses anyone can give you are:

- I don't care.
- Your Schott glass references are akin to putting Ferrari wheels on a Datsun
- Noone gives a shit about your janky IOR scopes; seriously, its like trying to brag that you have herpes
- Just stop typing. Nobody actually reads it anyways.
- Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself
- Schooooooooooottttttt Glass

Last edited:
The “bad glue” story is passing the buck. Who selected the glue?

TT has had a history of BS from the start.
Chris at PR was a mess.

TT bailed on the warranty of the first mess.

The TT guy from primal rights ruined any credibility or goodwill the company had rebuilt.

I wonder how soon will TT will announce these scopes no longer qualify for warranty and cannot be serviced?

How is it passing the buck when they make good on their warranty? Scope broke. Sent scope in. They looked at it and determined what the problem was and FIXED IT by switching adhesive suppliers. How is that "passing the buck." That is exactly what any good company would do. Passing the buck would have been NOT fixing the scope and blaming it on the customer or blaming it on some outside factor that would void warranty. Based on your other posts in this thread I don't actually expect a serious reply from you. But everyone else reading this knows what's up.

Allow me to first say I just bought a TT525P with Gen 3XR, but I am also very impartial. If it's great, I'll sing it's praises. If not, I'll state what I don't care for. I also have to mention my very first "high end" scope was a Premier 5-25 back in 2008 or 2009, so I have somewhat of a vested interest.

With that said, how is it TT's responsibility to warranty Premier scopes? I remember when that whole thing went down, and I'm not even going to start blaming Orkan (the Primal Rights TT guy mentioned earlier) for passing on information that was given to him. There are two companies that were born from the failed Premier Reticles: TT and, to a lesser extent, GSO/Minox. I see you saying TT should warranty all the PReimer scopes, but why aren't you holding Minox to that same standard? They made a business decision to warranty some of the Premier scopes, specifically the ones THEY sold! They could've said, "We aren't Premier. They went out of business. Tough shit for you!" but they didn't. I'm trying to understand why you seem to have an axe to grind.

Greg is a dealer for TT beyond (presumably) a consumer.

His conduct was so outrageous it tainted the company’s reputation in my mind. My loss I guess but NF and S&B’s meet my needs.

What was outrageous about his conduct?

New rule.

Anytime you post, the only responses anyone can give you are:

- I don't care.
- Your Schott glass references are akin to putting Ferrari wheels on a Datsun
- Noone gives a shit about your janky IOR scopes; seriously, its like trying to brag that you have herpes
- Just stop typing. Nobody actually reads it anyways.
- Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself
- Schooooooooooottttttt Glass
You left out has small hands and smells of cabbage.

R

So back to the TT optic, I am wondering if the second failure was due to an improper first repair.

You’re being overly sensitive.

Near the tail end of being on the hide, that is exactly how he operated. I’m not a millenial that got participation trophies. I’m calling it like I saw it.

I better tread carefully because he screams he will sue for defamation anytime anyone says anything bad about the guy. And he has gazillions of dollars to do so(so he said). So I’ll leave it alone now.

Reactions: Tunnuh
It's probably 'trash'. My Premier had shit in it and they told me they lightly oil the inside of the scope to catch any dust, etc.
I guess they just didn't do that step on mine and both of mine had stuff floating around in them. It used to be a very common issue with Premier. Not sure if TTheta addressed the QC issues or not, but I hope so.

I suspect one of the above posters was trying to draw me into a trap to be sued. That is why I just expressed my personal opinion, which I am free to do. I did not cite facts, which I have. Readers can re read and judge for themselves.

I suspect one of the above posters was trying to draw me into a trap to be sued. That is why I just expressed my personal opinion, which I am free to do. I did not cite facts, which I have. Readers can re read and judge for themselves.

Citing facts is the absolute defense for defamation/slander. Opinions without facts are what get you in trouble legally.

Not that I care either way, but you have it backwards.

You are wrong again. Opinions stated as such are not a basis for a lawsuit.

You are wrong again. Opinions stated as such are not a basis for a lawsuit.

No, again, you overestimate yourself.

Its not a basis for a judgement if you can prove that it’s 100% your opinion. It does no prevent you from litigation.

Attorneys are less willing to take on cases when it’s clear that facts are being published as its much harder to prove its your not your opinion.

Just like a prostitute can’t say “if you reply to my ad, you agree you’re not law enforcement” you can’t just say “it’s my opinion” and be marked in a safe place from litigation. You can still be served and have to go to court.

Not to mention you have already heavily insinuates that Tangent Theta doesn’t back up their warranty. If they felt like that assertion was impacting future customers enough to warrant a lawsuit (it’s not and they don’t I’m sure), then you’d be explaining that as well.

Will someone bring me some more popcorn? I wonder how many people who give their “opinions” on optics actually own or have owned the optics they run down versus just repeating what they read on the internets. Don’t worry about slander. Worry about libel. That’s the publishing of statements that prove to be harmful and untrue or are harmful upon their face. Yes, I am. In Oklahoma and Texas.

Will someone bring me some more popcorn? I wonder how many people who give their “opinions” on optics actually own or have owned the optics they run down versus just repeating what they read on the internets. Don’t worry about slander. Worry about libel. That’s the publishing of statements that prove to be harmful and untrue or are harmful upon their face. Yes, I am. In Oklahoma and Texas.
But I heard on ar15.com TTs suck and IOR valdadas are the best. And everybody knows the internet does not lie.

So back to the TT optic, I am wondering if the second failure was due to an improper first repair.

You asking about my scope? I had my illumination feature stop working but no previous problems with an internal part breaking free. This thread has gotten way out of control. When I get the scope back I’ll start a new one with the last and final update.?

Reactions: M289 and JakeM
But I heard on ar15.com TTs suck and IOR valdadas are the best. And everybody knows the internet does not lie.
TTs do suck. When you adjust those TT knobs, it sounds like one of those diesel trucks that haul stuff that the commenters drive but don’t haul stuff. Loud. Precise clicks. Don’t have to come off your glass to count or see. Just listen. But, when you adjust from your 89 yard deer stand, Adios deer, bad guys and steel targets TT clicks too loud.
Oh and on the Valdada G2, $50 to anyone who can show me proof of them owning one and it sucking not to user error.

Near the tail end of being on the hide, that is exactly how he operated. I’m not a millenial that got participation trophies. I’m calling it like I saw it.

I better tread carefully because he screams he will sue for defamation anytime anyone says anything bad about the guy. And he has gazillions of dollars to do so(so he said). So I’ll leave it alone now.

He told me he was going to sue me one time. So I turned up the heat even more. He eventually left this site to form his own site, at last count he has about 7-10 followers.
Before he got on this site he was literally banned from every other site he was a member of because of said reasons, he was always right and everyone else was always wrong.

Reactions: RTH1800
Ok Eisenstein, I’m stupid for not buying scopes that parts are falling off and floating around inside, having a history of bankruptcy, blaming the failure on “bad glue” etc.

Also for not following the ravings of a guy who has been removed from many shooting sites for being an ass?

Got it!?

You guys are living proof that PT Barnum was correct.

Ok Eisenstein, I’m stupid for not buying scopes that parts are falling off and floating around inside, having a history of bankruptcy, blaming the failure on “bad glue” etc.

Also for not following the ravings of a guy who has been removed from many shooting sites for being an ass?

Got it!?

Not "many"......All.

Got it!?

TT has a history of bankruptcy? It certainly does not. Was the failure attributable to bad glue? How do you know it wasn’t? You are exaggerating and talking nonsense.

Name a scope that has never broken.

Reactions: LakuNoc
I did not want to say that in case there is one he missed and he sues! ?

The responsibility is on the one who chose the incorrect glue. But, you can not and will not see that.

I have had a huge number of NF and S&B scopes. The only one needing repair was assembled by PR. USMC CONTRACT SCOPE.
Went back to Germany and was corrected.

TT has a history of bankruptcy? It certainly does not. Was the failure attributable to bad glue? How do you know it wasn’t? You are exaggerating and talking nonsense.

What is Quiggly Ford for 1000 Alex ?

Last edited:
Reactions: jtackmann
I have had a huge number of NF and S&B scopes. The only one needing repair was assembled by PR. USMC CONTRACT SCOPE.
Went back to Germany and was corrected.

I wish I had your luck with Schmidt and Nightforce scopes. My story is the exact opposite but to each their own.

That is my point. Take your pick. I choose companies that I know will be around in the future.

If I told you you would call me a liar. I can say I have 20-30 remaining and have used and sold far more.
You should just quit while you are way behind.

Mine.

If I told you you would call me a liar. I can say I have 20-30 remaining and have used and sold far more.
You should just quit while you are way behind.

I’m not quitting anything. But you continue to act like an asshole which is exactly what you’re accusing Orkan of doing.

For your information, while I don’t own 30 high end scopes, the dozen or so I do own have not all been problem free.