• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Targetcam.net????

TestnDoc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2012
Pensacola, FL
What the heck happened? Ordered a setup in February, 2014 for $1200. I was told I would have it by April. I finally got the owner on the phone, after numerous unanswered emails, in June and he said that he was going to ship "by the end of the week"..lol. Well, it's August now, still nothing, no call backs, no email returns, etc. I asked for a refund in June, and he said he couldn't....Anyone know what happened to this guy? Don't want to turn my lawyers loose on him.

Wow strange. If he hasn't responded in two months and your last conversation consisted of him denying a refund for a product that you never were delivered - consider doing a credit card chargeback.

You are correct. I have leaned many hard lessons, in fact I am still learning and making mistakes. I have found that coming on a public forum and facing "issues" head on is the best policy, which is exactly what Keith has done.

Kirk Roberts

Yup. Agreed.

Hey fellas, we've had a large demand for our product and have had some of the typical small business "growing pains." What happened was we overwhelmed the manufacturer of one of our key components and they were not able to supply them for about 5 weeks. This threw a wrench into our production.

Anywho, we've now got that sorted out and are building units at a good rate now. Just moved into a larger shop of about 2500 sq ft. this past month and I brought on some "wiz kids" from the local university to help in building and also development. These guys are super excited about the stuff we have planned for the TargetCam and are already having a big impact around the shop. The latest is a large screen version TargetCam with a 10.4" screen mounted into the larger Pelican Storm iM2300 case. This is a beautiful setup. This larger case is also large enough to hold 3 cameras so you can place multiple cameras downrange and see multiple targets from the base unit by just toggling the channels. We'll be developing the advanced capabilities that I now have patented throughout the rest of this year and into next. We'll be releasing some "game changer" stuff around SHOT show time in January...both of our current products are designed to be upgradeable when these things come out.

Don't tell Frank yet but I'm going to send him one of the first big screen models to test and keep. I'll also post pics of the new large screen model this next week.

Keith

Getting started in ELR so this is getting more relevant and interesting for me =)

I have been scammed in the past. I would llke to see a response to TESTNDOCS original post here. I don't want to hear about all of your upgrades. what will happen when we need customer service

I have been scammed in the past. I would llke to see a response to TESTNDOCS original post here. I don't want to hear about all of your upgrades. what will happen when we need customer service

Doc asked for a refund so we sent it to him. As for customer service call me any time - 775-852-9449.

Maybe more time spent on small business instead of dropping "shameless plugs" into spotting scope threads would be a good start.

Keith

There is no excuse for not communicating with people who have given a business a reasonably large sum of money. Even if it is a form email telling them you are having supplier issues. Just not right no matter the cop out.

Doc asked for a refund so we sent it to him. As for customer service call me any time - 775-852-9449.

So if a customer orders a unit today when will he have the unit? Is the one on your website the new one? Do you have any sample video of it in operation? If I want to record video can this system do that or do I need to add something else?

Last edited:
It's funny what the power of a reputable forum will do when you can't contact a business. I don't know the entire story but it seems like you were getting the cold shoulder until you posted on here. I'm glad you got it resolved but the CS seemed to be lax until it threatened their reputation.

I got a refund check yesterday. Once the check clears I will let everyone know. I wish the owner no ill will, and hope his company becomes successful. Customer support and honesty are paramount to a successful business.

Wow, was thinking of buying one of these, glad I found the thread.

It'd be nice for someone to answer the question, "If I send you money today, when do I get a functional product?", that seems to have evaded all prior posts about upgrades and excitement and bright futures.

Wow, was thinking of buying one of these, glad I found the thread.

It'd be nice for someone to answer the question, "If I send you money today, when do I get a functional product?", that seems to have evaded all prior posts about upgrades and excitement and bright futures.

We're about 4-5 weeks out on delivery at the moment.

Hey fellas, we've had a large demand for our product and have had some of the typical small business "growing pains." What happened was we overwhelmed the manufacturer of one of our key components and they were not able to supply them for about 5 weeks. This threw a wrench into our production.

Anywho, we've now got that sorted out and are building units at a good rate now. Just moved into a larger shop of about 2500 sq ft. this past month and I brought on some "wiz kids" from the local university to help in building and also development. These guys are super excited about the stuff we have planned for the TargetCam and are already having a big impact around the shop. The latest is a large screen version TargetCam with a 10.4" screen mounted into the larger Pelican Storm iM2300 case. This is a beautiful setup. This larger case is also large enough to hold 3 cameras so you can place multiple cameras downrange and see multiple targets from the base unit by just toggling the channels. We'll be developing the advanced capabilities that I now have patented throughout the rest of this year and into next. We'll be releasing some "game changer" stuff around SHOT show time in January...both of our current products are designed to be upgradeable when these things come out.

Don't tell Frank yet but I'm going to send him one of the first big screen models to test and keep. I'll also post pics of the new large screen model this next week.

Keith

Just curious how big the battery will have to be to run three cameras/ transmitters or will you need a separate battery for each camera/transmitter?

I have had a unit ordered for roughly 5 weeks now and spoke with Keith this last week. He assured me my unit would be shipping this next week. Just to provide another view of targetcam, after I ordered Keith and I spoke about my applications and worked out the best way to set up the unit and what I would need. He has answered the phone every time I've called and been helpful at every turn. I'll provide another update once I get my unit but I just wanted anyone looking at purchasing this unit to know the CS I have received has been GTG.

I have had a unit ordered for roughly 5 weeks now and spoke with Keith this last week. He assured me my unit would be shipping this next week.

Did it ship as promised? I've had mine ordered since June (9 weeks) and haven't heard anything.

Did it ship as promised? I've had mine ordered since June (9 weeks) and haven't heard anything.

Yes the unit shipped as promised. It is currently sitting at my house awaiting my arrival home from working out of town. Keith was nice enough to shoot me an email and ask that we talk once I get a chance to look over the unit to answer any of my questions. I will give another update after my first range trip with the unit, which should be 9/4/14.

Just curious how big the battery will have to be to run three cameras/ transmitters or will you need a separate battery for each camera/transmitter?

AZ,

Since the base station, and each of the cameras end up far apart, each thing needs it own battery. The battery inside the base station doesn't change regardless of how many cameras you monitor.

Everything is very compact. The base unit case has room to transport 2 battery setups inside.

Okay I said I would provide a review once I received and used my unit so here is part 1 of 2 (2 will have pics and more will be used at longer ranges)

Set up:
This unit is as easy as you can imagine to set up in the field. Once we had our sheet of white cardboard set up all we had to do with the targetcam was attach the camera to the tripod and flip the power switches on both units that will instantly connect to each other. We positioned the camera about 12' back and 4' right of the target board and could see about 2'x4' of our cardboard. Focusing was as easy and twisting the lense until everything was very clear. All in all I say we spent less than 5 minutes setting it up at the target. (I have the spare antenna which was recommended by Keith because we have lots of hills and valleys where we shoot that will mess with the line of sight signal, I didn't use it this time though just because we wanted to get shooting quickly)

Shooting:
Today we did our shooting at 400yds. We were set up on the ground with some hills in between us and the target. Once again the targetcam connected instantly when it was powered on the only hiccup we had with the unit was every once in a while the unit would blink like the signal got weak and then came back. I fully believe this was due to the terrain and the fact we didn't use the provided antenna. The unit comes with a nice sunshade if needed. We were shooting in the shade of my truck on a bright day with the brightness on the unit at 75/100 and had zero issues seeing the screen or identifying hits.

Conclusion:
After the first trip with this unit I can say I was VERY pleased. I believe that with a little more planning from me on the best targets to use and when/where to set up the antenna this unit will be a go to piece of my long range kit for a long time to come. As stated previously, I will do a second part to this review out to 1K+ and retest the picture and range this unit has much more thoroughly.

the flickering isn't the terrain. it's the unit. you can see it in the videos i posted in my targetcam thread.

Maybe Keith can chime in as to why the units flicker during use as i'm no expert in radio signals. I mean it didn't hinder the use in any way, just a little annoying on occasion.

TargetCam.net is gone and the posted phone number has been disconnected. My e-mail to Keith yielded no reply. If anyone knows FOR SURE that they are still in business, please provide contact info. Thanks.

Not sure about target cam but has anyone seen the target vision cameras?

Yes, I am using the Target Vision product. The one I purchased is the 2 mile version. One of the reasons I purchased it is because Lab Radar is now a dealer for them and I felt more confident purchasing through an established company with an already solid reputation & product line, customer service, etc. Got a nice "Black Friday" price deal & and free shipping on it to boot. I have only used it out to 1000 yds so far but I can say I'm very pleased with the product so far. Once I can take it out to 2500 yds & become more familiar with its many features and operation I will do a review of sorts on it, probably on the ELR thread.

Yes, I am using the Target Vision product. The one I purchased is the 2 mile version. One of the reasons I purchased it is because Lab Radar is now a dealer for them and I felt more confident purchasing through an established company with an already solid reputation & product line, customer service, etc. Got a nice "Black Friday" price deal & and free shipping on it to boot. I have only used it out to 1000 yds so far but I can say I'm very pleased with the product so far. Once I can take it out to 2500 yds & become more familiar with its many features and operation I will do a review of sorts on it, probably on the ELR thread.

Good deal. I am looking at the 1 mile version but ha that’s pulled the plug on it yet. Hate I missed the Black Friday deal. Glad it is working for you.

Not sure if you have looked at it, but I have been using the Bullseve Target Camera System. Have the long range one and it has worked great to 1000 yards. Haven't tried it beyond that. It is great for truing, or zeroing without high magnification optics. The software has a few nice features to address the keystone appearance, add gridlines, etc... Simple concept. but it is a great piece to have.

Nowdays that FPV components are so easy to find and more or less plug and play you can build your own , its no big deal , i built my first 4 years ago ,initialy it worked to 500y but a directional antena easily extended its range past a mile , am building a new one again as tech advanced in the meantime . Waiting for mailman to drop off chinaman components ordered.

I have talked to several people that say Keith is not delivering and has issues. This was never really a business for him, it was more like a home project, and early on he was on top of stuff, but since he has completely fallen down.

Stick to the bigger companies like the target vision guys.