• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TargetSportsUSA?

THE MGD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2011
S. TEXAS
Anyone had experince with this company?

**I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SITE BASHING: if you dont have nice things to say, simply say "i dont reccomend" I will understand you loud and clear.

I ordered a bunch of ammo sometime at the end of December, & I understand just about everyone is backed up. this outfit is so backed up they are NOT taking orders until further notice and are still only processing dec 23. This I understand.
My concern is everytime I google them to get an update on what dates theyre on ; I get these HORRID stories.
So to make sure the line im standing in isnt a "cliff off mt. Cluster fuck" im wanting to know if any of have reassuring good experince.

Re: TargetSportsUSA?

Glad you posted this. I ordered some fgmm 175s from them in december and havent heard a word. I know its been busy for people but at least send an update on the order status. On the other hand, their price was good, and they immediately sent me a confirmation email that they had taken my money. I hope it works out for you. JD.

I had a negative experience with them much earlier this year.

They have been my "go to" handgun ammo supplier for over the last year, excellent service and price. They even called me recently to modify my order with a different grain bullet just to complete the order and ship. We must all be patient during this time.

They are gtg with me, I have around 5 orders with them

I've ordered quite a bit of ammo from them over the past couple of years with no problems at all.

I used to order all my FGMM smks from there. Prior to this whole shit storm they were my go to.

Like everyone else, I think they are just buried with orders.

Yeah, I'm not trying to complain, I am in no rush, glad to hear positive stuff about them. Makes me not worry.

Several orders with them, all went well. They sold out of a brand of 9mm ammo, didn't have enough to fill my order, and called me w several comparable to better options for me to choose from.
GTG imo

I ordered from them in the past.
Did it by phone, was a very smooth transaction and it shipped quickly.

used them in the past, would like to use them now for some things that show in stock, but they arent taking orders till they work thru this shit storm

It's been a year or so since I've ordered from them. Case of 45acp for $350 and free shipping. No problems. Plan on placing another order with them once things calm down and items start showing up as in stock. Can't speak for the current situation since everyone started stocking up after election.

I have ordered thousands of round of ammo from them on line over the past couple of years(that I don't have anymore), and have never had a problem. They always shipped very quickly and I have never had the need to phone them for anything.

OP, Sounds like you might have been caught up in a back order situation. I placed an order with them on Tuesday and just got a shipping confirmation with a notice that it may take 2-3 additional days for it to leave the warehouse. Ordered 7.62/308 Federal and Hornady along with some 22LR ammo, case of each.

Hope your order comes in. I think we all need a hefty dose of patience while this madness is ongoing.

Thanks for all the replies.
Patience has never been an issue, its the fear of being in the'wrong line'

Order got proccessed i got a shipping label made. It hasnt shipped for 3 days after being created, but this is expected as i am sure they are backed up. anyhow i AM reporting progress, so all looks well.

**update: this is order #2 for me.
Ordered on 01/01/13 (online)
Shipped via fedex on 01/31/13
Eta claim from fedex: 02/05/13

It took a few days after I got the shipping label notification for it to ship too. I was just glad to have received ammo at all!

I noticed to take advantage of the bulk ordering that TargetSportsUSA required FFL documents. Is this correct?

I ordered two cases of .308 (400 rounds) and a 5000 round case of rimfire ammo with no problem and no FFL documentation.

Target Sports USA is GTG. They are very backed-up right now but are upfront about it and still shipping out orders. I've had good luck with this company.

Got my ammo from them today. Took a little longer than normal but oh well. Now that I know, I'll definetely put another order in soon.

Redmanss

what brand of 308 did you purchase. Was it out of stock on the site when you purchased and they filled the back order?

I ordered from them for the first time a couple of months ago. I needed frangible 9mm for a class at Sig. The price was great and the shipping was fast. The order showed up a day early. I will go to them again when the frenzy slows down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: casob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Redmanss

what brand of 308 did you purchase. Was it out of stock on the site when you purchased and they filled the back order? </div></div> It was listed as in stock at the time of my order. FGMM 7.62x51 175gr SMK and Hornady .308 168gr A-MAX, 200 round case of each. Made the order on 15 Jan and it arrived on 23 Jan.

Bad Deal,
when I got my package I was missing boxes of ammo (they included a reciept with all ammo listed). They also gave me the wrong brands, and standard instead of match.
Called them up a few weeks ago, they told me to email them. Emailed, still no response.
They still have time to correct this, I understand they are busy. I cant say I enjoy waiting double for my ammo..

Update: I called today, although they are courteous and professional over the the phone, they dont seem to have their communication in order. I understand they are busy, but i also understand what my time is worth. I have been more than patient waiting for my origanal order and equally so waiting for a response for thier mistake. It's been a little over a month (waiting on a response, 2 /12 total) and at this point, i just want for a refund on my missing items. They are sending a "investigation claim" to "the warehouse" and will let me know the results within 48hrs.
I'll see what happens,
based on these last couple of transactions (taken in consideration that orders were made during a huge volume rush) I still cannot reccomend this company.

Last edited:
I've ordered a couple different times from them with no problems.