TBAC BIPOD

Guns&WhiteWater

Shall not be infringed
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Tellico Plains, TN
I’ve also debated shaving down the notches that hold the legs when they’re deployed, that way I could slap the legs forward to retract them. However, I don’t want to ruin my $400 bipod and potentially have the legs collapse while I’m shooting. Maybe there’s a way to prevent the legs from collapsing when there’s weight on them, but would allow you to slap them forward after you pick up the rifle. I’m just spitballing ideas. I just would like an easier way to retract the legs other than having to reach up and depress a button on each one.
You could mount it backwards for quicker retraction.
Edit: or maybe not. Coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

kurtispalu

TBAC Nerd
Minuteman
Supporter+
Jan 29, 2014
Cheyenne, WY
I’ve also debated shaving down the notches that hold the legs when they’re deployed, that way I could slap the legs forward to retract them. However, I don’t want to ruin my $400 bipod and potentially have the legs collapse while I’m shooting. Maybe there’s a way to prevent the legs from collapsing when there’s weight on them, but would allow you to slap them forward after you pick up the rifle. I’m just spitballing ideas. I just would like an easier way to retract the legs other than having to reach up and depress a button on each one.
I wouldn't advise shaving down the notches that keep the bipod deployed at 90degrees. It would make it so any reward pressure on the rifle from positioning or shooting would cause the legs to go into the stowed position.

Reactions: Max

Big Shooter

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Oct 29, 2020
Wisconsin
I wouldn't advise shaving down the notches that keep the bipod deployed at 90degrees. It would make it so any reward pressure on the rifle from positioning or shooting would cause the legs to go into the stowed position.
I agree and also pointed this out in my previous post. The idea was to have the legs fold up in a similar way that they are deployed. That is, require a certain amount of pressure before they release. Again, the problem with this is that the legs could collapse with rearward pressure. This is why I suggested having a mechanism, such as having the legs ride up into a notch when the weight of the rifle is on them, not allowing them to collapse but still allowing for quick deploy/fold up when you pick the rifle up. Another thing I would like to see added is a double pull feature like the ckye pod. I’ve shot a handful of stages where having that was a huge advantage.

gearguywb

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
Was checking the bipod out for a hunting rifle, but I could not find the RRS adaptor plate. "page unavailable". Anyone have any luck with finding one lately?

E. Bryant

STABILITRAK ACTIVE
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Oct 25, 2010
    MI
    You can also use the SC-ARC.
    Using one on my TBAC. Works great!

This is a lovely clamp, but note that it's a couple ounces heavier and somewhat bulkier than the standard AD-170-S Picatinny rail clamp. I have one and like it a lot, but it's not what I would run on every bipod.

Reactions: deersniper

Dooby

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 27, 2017
    TB bipod has much smoother canting than the CAL. Fit and finish seem to be better too. I do wish the feet didn't rotate freely.

Reactions: Gil P.

Baron85

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 18, 2012
    I was concerned with the rolling legs but it has been a non issue for me. I had a lot of problems with the original Atlas with the legs rolling and having a hard time getting the bipod loaded and walking.

The TBAC with spiked feet has been amazing. My favorite is the legs just pull back, no buttons to push. And the legs extend under spring pressure all the way unlike Harris

Reactions: Gil P.

Gil P.

Blank
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Aug 16, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    The tbac is much better than my cal. I still keep the cal around for second rifles and loaners but love my tbac
    Atlas needs to redesign their CAL cant pivot, it sucks. I'd like to try a tbac, but I'm
    TB bipod has much smoother canting than the CAL. Fit and finish seem to be better too. I do wish the feet didn't rotate freely.
    That was the reason I sold my CAL. The canting function sucked. It will be nice to try the tbac when I get some money together.

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    I was concerned with the rolling legs but it has been a non issue for me. I had a lot of problems with the original Atlas with the legs rolling and having a hard time getting the bipod loaded and walking.

The TBAC with spiked feet has been amazing. My favorite is the legs just pull back, no buttons to push. And the legs extend under spring pressure all the way unlike Harris

Atlas needs to redesign their CAL cant pivot, it sucks. I'd like to try a tbac, but I'm

That was the reason I sold my CAL. The canting function sucked. It will be nice to try the tbac when I get some money together.
    I added a washer between the lock nut and the lever after adjusting the locknut so that the cant tension was where I wanted it. This allowed me to cant it and the rifle stay in place but I'm also able to make micro adjustments to the cant while shooting without having to unlock the lever. It is very easy and works great. It just takes away the lock feature.

Cascade Hemi

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 9, 2019
    PNW

My TBAC bipod tilt would loosen under recoil and my CAL does not. That was a couple of years ago though so maybe something has changed.