• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC BIPOD

I have used the TBAC bipod on and off for about a year and a half. I can honestly say it is incredibly robust! I still love my Atlas bipods as well as my Harris BRMS's with QD mounts, simply put the TBAC does not dissapoint. The crew at TBAC created a marvel using materials and coatings unseen in a bipod before. The price may seem steep to some but once you hold it in your hand you will understand.

I have only used Harris bipods, but I am looking at buying a bipod for a PRS match rifle. You seem to have all of the ones that I was considering, Atlas and TBAC. Which of these would you recommend for a match only rifle? I see a lot of Atlas at matches, but I don't know which model is the one to get. I am willing to spend the $$ on the TBAC, just want to make sure it will do what I nee for a match situation.

Thanks

I want to see some more video or pictures of this bipod. Are there any out on the web from Shot Show?

Damn Zak, you finally made the bipod I've always wanted! I mean, if I could design one based on all the ones I've got and used over the years, that's what I'd have had made.

You're gonna clean up with this one. Atlas ain't got shit on TBAC!

Played with one at a match that a TBAC employee had today. Very nice piece, lighter than a Harris, extremely rugged build. The R&D and testing that went into this product was very thorough. TBAC is local to me, and I've seen this bipod at the shooting range since the early prototypes, I just never played with one until today. Buy with confidence.

LIGHTER than a Harris? Must be Ti and I bet that's where the cost comes from too. Boy they hit all the points on this one.

I had one of the prototypes and there are a lot of things that went in to it and it pretty much has all the things needed and no fluff so to speak .

It is the typical quality engineering that you expect from TBAC with a ton of input from shooters from normal guys to professionals that do it for a living .

Yes one piece of the legs is Ti because that was the material that was needed to accomplish what they needed done .

I am patiently waiting for the production model to show up and will be retiring my Harris's. People are grouching about the price but when you look at it a Harris with a pod loc and pic rail mount that gets rid of the swivel plate that breaks is over 200 when it's all said and done . The price is not out of line for the features and quality of the ones I've handled.

Reactions: gamewarden
No, getting these booted up is taking longer than we anticipated. We have a lot of parts built and enroute to plating, but some other parts are still getting finished up.
Bummer but I’m sure once they start getting shipped out they’ll be well worth the wait.

Plating is not realistically going to happen in-house because overall we use I think at least 4 or 5 different coatings/treatments that use almost completely different technology to apply. We're also not too keen to have additional EPA compliance overhead. We are re-evaluating some of our coatings vendors to make sure we're using ones that can consistently give the turnaround we desire.

We're sorry for the delay. Believe me, nobody is more keen to get these shipping than us.

Yeah nobody wants to have coating in-house! EPA nightmares. Basically like another company to run also.

Reactions: MSTN
Plating is not realistically going to happen in-house because overall we use I think at least 4 or 5 different coatings/treatments that use almost completely different technology to apply. We're also not too keen to have additional EPA compliance overhead. We are re-evaluating some of our coatings vendors to make sure we're using ones that can consistently give the turnaround we desire.

We're sorry for the delay. Believe me, nobody is more keen to get these shipping than us.

Hang in there Zak. I have been through this with product launches and it sucks. At least you are communicating and updating folks.

Dammit! Just convinced myself the new rifle doesnt need its own bipod.

I was set to buy a bipod today and had pretty much settled on the Atlas PRS until I stumbled across this thread. Seriously I had my card in hand and was ready to make the purchase. While I still like the Atlas and thought the pan feature would be a good feature to have I quickly learned the adverse problems it can cause. Plus I prefer the cant locking lever on the Thunder Beast.

Long story short I place my order with Mile High and am now on the waiting list. Hopefully it makes it here at the same time or just before my scope.

Reactions: skierhs
I was set to buy a bipod today and had pretty much settled on the Atlas PRS until I stumbled across this thread. Seriously I had my card in hand and was ready to make the purchase. While I still like the Atlas and thought the pan feature would be a good feature to have I quickly learned the adverse problems it can cause. Plus I prefer the cant locking lever on the Thunder Beast.

Long story short I place my order with Mile High and am now on the waiting list. Hopefully it makes it here at the same time or just before my scope.

I was at Mile High yesterday and got to play with the Thunderbeast (pre production model) . Seems like a great bipod, but ended up buying the Atlas cal gen 2. It would have been a tougher decision if the TB would have been available.
I really liked how smooth the cant was on the TB vs Atas but overall they are both good choices based on your preferences and $100.

Reactions: 65Bowite
Well since I am just getting into this sport I needed a bipod sooner than it appeared one of these would ship. I was able to see a TBAC at my local store (not for sale) and while it is a great piece of gear I canceled my order. Due to my just starting I decided to purchase a Atlas CAL BT65. I ordered it on Friday and it arrived in Alaska on Monday. Talk about quick service! I had originally though to buy the BT10 but research showed the legs rotate and I figured that would make it hard to preload so I almost got the BT47 as I thought the pan feature would be nice but am not fond of the nob to lock it, plus all you experts make me believe pan is a bad feature.

I am really impressed with the product from my initial uneducated inspection though I still have not used it as I am awaiting my scope from Scott at Liberty optics (Vortex are backordered). The unit is nice and tight, the new lever appears do a great job when tightened down and wont loosen when twisting the rifle in either direction.

I saved a ton on shipping (few ship to Alaska, even fewer give free shipping), got a little discount for being a military retiree so it really made more sense from a price standpoint while still receiving a rock solid unit. Plus I am a Made in America kinda guy.

Some may say buy once and cry once and while I normally agree it gets a bit difficult when outfitting an entire new weapons platform (Tikka T3X TAC A1, Sphur 4602, Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27 MOA).

Their website updated saying that first shipments should be going out in early June.
Where'd you find the update? I've looked all over and couldn't find any reference on when they are planning the first shipment.

Right under the "Buy Now" subtitle on the right-hand column, IE, where the "add to cart" button usually is.

Again, we apologize for the delays. We are very efficient at getting new suppressor designs out the door; the bipod has parts of all different shapes and topologies and getting all the tooling set up right has taken longer than we thought it would. I believe this week we are finishing up the very last steel parts for it and then those will go to plating. All the Ti and Al parts are already at the respective plating vendors now.

Well since I am just getting into this sport I needed a bipod sooner than it appeared one of these would ship. I was able to see a TBAC at my local store (not for sale) and while it is a great piece of gear I canceled my order. Due to my just starting I decided to purchase a Atlas CAL BT65. I ordered it on Friday and it arrived in Alaska on Monday. Talk about quick service! I had originally though to buy the BT10 but research showed the legs rotate and I figured that would make it hard to preload so I almost got the BT47 as I thought the pan feature would be nice but am not fond of the nob to lock it, plus all you experts make me believe pan is a bad feature.

I am really impressed with the product from my initial uneducated inspection though I still have not used it as I am awaiting my scope from Scott at Liberty optics (Vortex are backordered). The unit is nice and tight, the new lever appears do a great job when tightened down and wont loosen when twisting the rifle in either direction.

I saved a ton on shipping (few ship to Alaska, even fewer give free shipping), got a little discount for being a military retiree so it really made more sense from a price standpoint while still receiving a rock solid unit. Plus I am a Made in America kinda guy.

Some may say buy once and cry once and while I normally agree it gets a bit difficult when outfitting an entire new weapons platform (Tikka T3X TAC A1, Sphur 4602, Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27 MOA).

It’s super weird to drop an Atlas CAL review in the TBAC bipod thread...

It’s super weird to drop an Atlas CAL review in the TBAC bipod thread...

Not really if you consider his April 13 post.

And also for consideration is that his April 13 post was not the first reference to Atlas in this thread.

Reactions: 65Bowite
Not really if you consider his April 13 post.

And also for consideration is that his April 13 post was not the first reference to Atlas in this thread.

Still super weird.

I own a CAL Gen2, so I’m not hating.

Reactions: Kasey
Sorry for justifying my decision on why I changed my order. I didn’t write it as a review, just as a thought process for my order.

Reactions: kRcu and Kasey
Availability.

25% cheaper before mil discount and 40% cheaper shipping to AK add up too.

Availability.

25% cheaper before mil discount and 40% cheaper shipping to AK add up too.

Gotcha
As far as feel, was the TBAC a high quality product? Im assuming so if they put this much work into it. Asking because these are not available to handle in Canada so it will be a sight unseen purchase for me if I go with one.
We do however have Atlas available at many retailers for my to compare it to

I feel they are both high quality devices. I played with a TBAC on display for a few seconds after I had my order in and it got my nipples hard it was so nice. But taking a step back and accessing my needs and abilities along with the availablity and unknown wait time I canceled my order and went Atlas. I purchased directly from the manufacturer since there are many fakes being offered from places like Amazon.

I feel they are both high quality devices. I played with a TBAC on display for a few seconds after I had my order in and it got my nipples hard it was so nice. But taking a step back and accessing my needs and abilities along with the availablity and unknown wait time I canceled my order and went Atlas. I purchased directly from the manufacturer since there are many fakes being offered from places like Amazon.

Haha well “nipple hardening” is a new level of review but Im glad to hear it was so nice. Going to see about a retailer bringing these in, so will have to wait on that, but it looks to check all the boxes for me.

Other than the price, what made you decide to not go with the TBAC pod?
CAL isnt exactly cheap either
CAL as about as cheap as you get without getting a stamped awesomeness that is a Harris. I just got one to 'replace' my PSR, and man is it slick. still going to get a TBAC thouh

Can not find the answer to this question.

The TBAC bipod, I see it has the 45 degree forward ability. Does it have the ability for the legs to be 45 degrees backwards?

Did it have the ability to go wide or narrow stance also? Similar to the Cky Pod?
Thank you