• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC BIPOD

While I know it will not be anytime soon, I would be a buyer of a 'tall' version of the TBAC bipod. For me, the extensions were not as rigid as I'd like.

Reactions: Conrad and drn1234
I have two still available and I may be talked out of the two I had set aside for me until the next batch comes... if you want one PM with me your info and I can send you PayPal info or you can call our shop this week to get one coming.

I have two still available and I may be talked out of the two I had set aside for me until the next batch comes... if you want one PM with me your info and I can send you PayPal info or you can call our shop this week to get one coming.
If I had not already paid for mine at TBAC on 23 January I would get one.. But I guess I have to wait until they ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17rupert
Wish I could but on a budget and I have already spent my limit.

Just got one in mail today. First impression is very good. It’s everything a Harris should have been without the bad shit.

The cant locks in on the tension you want, just like advertised.

I need to tie some paracord to legs to see if they will deploy like a Harris does, as that was main reason for picking this up. So I’d have a fast deploy option. I think it will work this way.

Only thing is like to see added is maybe another 5-10 degree of cant each way. That was the only thing I liked better about the Ckye pod than atlas cal.

It has just the slightest play to load out, but it hits a “wall” that feels really good with just a slight forward load.

Also, I’m pretty sure you could break glass with the spiked feet......that’s how powerful the springs are. It’s kinda nuts. In a good way.

Will be running it for nrl22 next weekend and then centerfire a week or two after that. But I can already tell this is gonna be a good one.

Reactions: bjay and Chasing3
I like mine. I do wish the cant tension knob was a little longer to allow for more tension. I can't seem to completely lock it down without really trying and then it sometimes will get the cant out of whack by doing so.

I'm not sure which bipod I want. Originally it was the Ckye pod but now that Thunderbeast offers one now I can't decide.

I'm not sure which bipod I want. Originally it was the Ckye pod but now that Thunderbeast offers one now I can't decide.

Ckye pod is nice, but I didn’t find myself shooting many stages the atlas cal couldn’t do. It also has so much adjustment that it felt like there was quite a bit more slack to load out of the bipod.

Will have to run the tbac a bit to know for sure, but I’ll probably run this one more than cal.

For me, Ckye pod was just going to be bipod I kept in pack for times I really needed a ton of cant or some crazy angle/length for the legs.

Ckye pod is nice, but I didn’t find myself shooting many stages the atlas cal couldn’t do. It also has so much adjustment that it felt like there was quite a bit more slack to load out of the bipod.

Will have to run the tbac a bit to know for sure, but I’ll probably run this one more than cal.

For me, Ckye pod was just going to be bipod I kept in pack for times I really needed a ton of cant or some crazy angle/length for the legs.
Thank you for your insights

Any time frame that the next shipment of bipods will be going out?

Any new update on the shipping of the second batch?

I’m placing my order request now. Hopefully it will arrive by Christmas ?, if not it will make a nice Easter gift too.

This has replaced my atlas cal gen 2 as my main bipod for matches. It’s faster to deploy and just a hair less “solid” feeling than the cal. But not enough to matter.

The tension lock is a bit better than the cal.

I keep an atlas 5h in bag for prone stages since it has a higher apex.

Have shitcanned the ckyepod. It’s awesome for field matches with really steep angles. But it has a lot more (noticeably) slack and movement than the cal or tbac.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
This has replaced my atlas cal gen 2 as my main bipod for matches. It’s faster to deploy and just a hair less “solid” feeling than the cal. But not enough to matter.

The tension lock is a bit better than the cal.

I keep an atlas 5h in bag for prone stages since it has a higher apex.

Have shitcanned the ckyepod. It’s awesome for field matches with really steep angles. But it has a lot more (noticeably) slack and movement than the cal or tbac.
Do you think using a Tripod(such as a RRS 24L with a anvil-30) as a bipod for the needed height and using the tbac bipod would supplement better than the cykepod?

Do you think using a Tripod(such as a RRS 24L with a anvil-30) as a bipod for the needed height and using the tbac bipod would supplement better than the cykepod?

If I were running a lot of field matches, I’d keep a ckyepod in pack.

Tripods can take some time to set up and sometimes something like ckyepod is quicker and more convenient.

Reactions: skierhs
Got mine today and am at the range now. It is everything they said and more. For me it was worth the wait.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 170
Shouldn't need to lock it down 100%-- just try it different than how you usually use a bipod, if you normally "adjust and then lock down."

I'm with the other guy, I don't like the short lever. I've used your bipod quite a bit now and I'm sorta lukewarm on it. The lever takes too much effort and there's more slack in the legs than I'd prefer.

I'm with the other guy, I don't like the short lever. I've used your bipod quite a bit now and I'm sorta lukewarm on it. The lever takes too much effort and there's more slack in the legs than I'd prefer.
I really wish there were more bipods on the market that could be completely locked down. I don’t like a bipod moving with every shot. As good as the design and service of Atlas otherwise is, their bipods don’t lock completely and it sounds like TBAC is the same.

I really wish there were more bipods on the market that could be completely locked down. I don’t like a bipod moving with every shot. As good as the design and service of Atlas otherwise is, their bipods don’t lock completely and it sounds like TBAC is the same.

That's what I thought I was getting with the TBAC; the ability to run the bipod from locked up tight all the way to loose. There's situations where the TBAC is going to shine but it still doesn't replace my 20 year old Harris for bench shooting. I like pretty much all of its features other than that, unfortunately it's the same problem that's kept me away from Atlas.

• Haha
Reactions: Dthomas3523
Are these showing up in stock anywhere or just long placed order being filled now?

Yeah, the inability to completely lock it down is my only real complaint. Hopefully they offer a replacement long lever in the future, otherwise I may try a different one next time.

If one was to order these today when could they be expected? We've been looking at ordered quite a few for dealer but we're told late Oct to Nov.

If one was to order these today when could they be expected? We've been looking at ordered quite a few for dealer but we're told late Oct to Nov.
I think their site was quoting batch 4 shipping early in November.

My tbac will lock down and not move from shot to shot.

Just pull the handle out and reset it to get more torque.

I can easily put enough tension on the cant pivot that I can't move the rifle in a firing position without having to break position and loosen an readjust the rifle and rebuild the position . Not sure what you are doing that the bipod can't be locked up tight enough.

It's an, "to each their own thing" and not everyone understands what they have or how to use it. Ownership is not a mark of competence.

The tiny bit of extra slack or movement is there to help with recoil management. You take up the slack and then recoil will use it to hold the rifle against the shooter and simply recoil off the slack instead of transferring the energy which moves everything out of place.

I also don't think everyone understands how to reset the lever to a different position so you can find the proper tension. If they are and still it's not tight enough, it's misunderstanding how recoil management works as they are probably putting too much pressure on the rifle and bipod.

You don't press into the rifle to move it on the bipod, you take up the slack in the system to allow it to recoil back into position so the bipod is not moving. It sounds the same as what many say, but there is a subtle difference in it.

I used this since the Gen 1 prototype and it's easy to see how this bipod excels on several levels. The tiny bit of flex in any bipod, not a Harris is there to mitigate the shortcomings of the overly stiff Harris. That flex has a purpose.

Reactions: Dobermann
Meh, in order to get the tension to MY liking I have to come off the rifle and really make an effort to tighten. I just think a slightly longer lever would make all the difference in the world. And yes I know how to reset the lever.

As you say "to each their own". I do like the bipod in every other way.

Maybe someone will 3d print a lever that slips over the existing one.

I'll gladly purchase your tbac bipod if you hate it and sell you any other bipod you want at dealer price.

Meh, in order to get the tension to MY liking I have to come off the rifle and really make an effort to tighten. I just think a slightly longer lever would make all the difference in the world. And yes I know how to reset the lever.

As you say "to each their own". I do like the bipod in every other way.

Maybe someone will 3d print a lever that slips over the existing one.

The question would be, with a Panning bipod you can see where the movement comes from,

With just a cant feature, left and right, I would ask you,

"Why do you think you are seeing so much movement to the side", most are not pushing that hard to one side or the other where you need it locked down so tight. A heavy head, pulling the rifle over with a bolt?

When you look at use, a tiny bit loose to account for the uneven ground is normally key, to the point where it does not need to be adjusted that often or overly tight because the side to side issue is normally at a minimum.

It's an honest question because it was the panning features like an Atlas that most people found to be the issue, not canting.

Reactions: drn1234
I would not say that I see a lot of movement side to side when firing. But after awhile of coming on and off the rifle and shooting other rifles while that one cools, I find myself always trying to readjust. I'm sure my technique probably plays a role, never claimed to be pro.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the bipod. I like it and plan to keep it.

I would not say that I see a lot of movement side to side when firing. But after awhile of coming on and off the rifle and shooting other rifles while that one cools, I find myself always trying to readjust. I'm sure my technique probably plays a role, never claimed to be pro.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the bipod. I like it and plan to keep it.

You sure I'll buy it off you right now what's the PayPal lol

The reason I ask to clarify this is that,

We are talking about an issue with technique vs a design flaw, yet it gets billed as a flaw when it's more operator related.

Yeah I would not call it design flaw, but still believe a longer tension lever would be nice to have regardless.

Lowlight you could make a video write a book and they still would not get it. But thanks for trying. I really like mine.

The reason I ask to clarify this is that,

We are talking about an issue with technique vs a design flaw, yet it gets billed as a flaw when it's more operator related.

A longer lever would take less effort. If I tighten the lever from the prone position it takes more effort than I think it should to release it. I don't think it's a design flaw, I'm sure it's exactly the way it was designed.

Our collective take on field bipod usage is that shooting one fully locked up is a mistake. This is coming from someone who thinks a "loose" AI/PH style bipod is great because it lets the gun get level without any torque being applied to the rifle, like what happens when you're an infinitesimal amount off and have minutely wrestle it back on; and it lets the gun move due to some play without the legs hopping. I get having "some" friction built into the system-- Ray likes it that way-- but it should be just enough that the rifle stays where you put it but does not require muscling it around (or even worse, locking and unlocking it) to move. The intention with adjustment lever is that you set the level of friction you want and then it stays there. Cranking a scope down to 6x and then up to 15x for every shot is a waste of time due to IMHO poor technique and cranking a bipod loose and then tight so you can make an adjustment it a waste of time too.

Perhaps it makes sense for Benchrest competition guns, but certainly not for dynamic field shooting.

A longer lever would take less effort. If I tighten the lever from the prone position it takes more effort than I think it should to release it. I don't think it's a design flaw, I'm sure it's exactly the way it was designed.

Point being, you likely shouldn’t be messing with the lever much. You set the friction where you need and leave it. Shouldn’t need to “release it.”

Our collective take on field bipod usage is that shooting one fully locked up is a mistake. This is coming from someone who thinks a "loose" AI/PH style bipod is great because it lets the gun get level without any torque being applied to the rifle, like what happens when you're an infinitesimal amount off and have minutely wrestle it back on; and it lets the gun move due to some play without the legs hopping. I get having "some" friction built into the system-- Ray likes it that way-- but it should be just enough that the rifle stays where you put it but does not require muscling it around (or even worse, locking and unlocking it) to move. The intention with adjustment lever is that you set the level of friction you want and then it stays there. Cranking a scope down to 6x and then up to 15x for every shot is a waste of time due to IMHO poor technique and cranking a bipod loose and then tight so you can make an adjustment it a waste of time too.

Perhaps it makes sense for Benchrest competition guns, but certainly not for dynamic field shooting.

What's the current time line look like to get one, I have some matches is love to use it at after being fed up with some other bipod options.

I ordered 5/13, which I think puts me in batch 3. The TBAC website has updates, and says late September for shipping. Excited!

Point being, you likely shouldn’t be messing with the lever much. You set the friction where you need and leave it. Shouldn’t need to “release it.”
It's definitely possible that my technique is the problem and I should learn to work with a bipod that has some mobility in in. It's something I will explore.