• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC Ultras and Dominus now have the HUB threads

View attachment 8089547

Selling enough cans to have 12+ month lead times. But missing 90 percent of the market.

I’m sure they’re missing 90 percent of the precision rifle market too lol

View attachment 8089551
You ^
They sell out every time because they base their production on order fulfillments from dealers. So of course they’re gonna sell out every time… 🤦🏼 They’ve even said that 100 times. How dense are you people? 🤣😂🤣

Man I have more than a dozen cans (4 TBAC, one EI and the rest SiCo), and I can't keep up with all these new developments in mounting options. What I gather is that CB is still CB (thank God, but my gen 1 30 BA hates that fact), the SR mount is just for FA rating b/c the mount was the weak point; HUB I'm not sure what it does, but seems like it would allow a can to attach to my SiCo ASR mount I use for my SAKER? Is this correct? Anybody have a picture? Trying to figure out what configuration for my next can (MAGNUS).

Who knew, the guy who shills arken crap is also the best at jokes and knows everything about the market.
Some glorious day some new-user dude on the Hide is going to literally claim this mantle. Sarcasm-free. The clouds will part and the lulz will pour down like manna from heaven. It will be good.

What we have here is a (worrisome?) comparative sprinkle. It’s the:

I Am The First to Post The Petty Dick Meme…uh, Award

Don’t go full retard, @FuhQ

122A2298-9C59-442A-8569-E56F4BF86BEC.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: jb0311
It does seem a shame to take some of the lightest titanium suppressor's and add half a pound of mount'age to it. I'm using the OG universal adapter. A 5/8" 24 threaded muzzle.

Someone should post a picture, unironically, of a TBAC can with a Yankee Hill hub and mount.

Hub still sucks and is for the poors.

Uhh, no. If TBAC offers modifications on existing cans I will gladly sent my Ultra 7 CB in to be modified. The CB mount is good but the threads get packed with shit that you have to clean all the time. God forbid you leave the can on for a few months, it’s a PITA to get off. Buddy of mine got one so seized one time from leaving it on that the brake came off the barrel before the can broke loose basically making it a direct thread. We had to rockset it on an old barrel and put it in a barrel vise, soak the can and heat it with a torch to get it free.

My other cans that were modified for HUB and running Q plan B have none of those issues and are perfectly repeatable same as the CB mount.

Uhh, no. If TBAC offers modifications on existing cans I will gladly sent my Ultra 7 CB in to be modified. The CB mount is good but the threads get packed with shit that you have to clean all the time. God forbid you leave the can on for a few months, it’s a PITA to get off. Buddy of mine got one so seized one time from leaving it on that the brake came off the barrel before the can broke loose basically making it a direct thread. We had to rockset it on an old barrel and put it in a barrel vise, soak the can and heat it with a torch to get it free.

My other cans that were modified for HUB and running Q plan B have none of those issues and are perfectly repeatable same as the CB mount.
You may know this already, but if not, the SR mount puts the taper forward
if the threads like the Q. Doesn't help you with your current cans, but just throwing it out there.

Reactions: E. Bryant
You may know this already, but if not, the SR mount puts the taper forward
if the threads like the Q. Doesn't help you with your current cans, but just throwing it out there.
So big and heavy and the collar adds a fair bit of length and weight to the can itself.

Uh yes. Your friend sucks and your story says as much. Q also sucks.

I feel bad for TBAC, they've only invited more of the general public to misuse their products than normal. They don't just ignore their customers like Q which means they're in for a lot of new headaches.

I too had a TBAC 338 ultra get stuck on the brake adapter and had to send it to them to take off in a LATHE. I now use high temp anti-Sieze routinely. It IS A problem

All taper mounts can get stuck. In some cases, rough SS thread finish gauls with Titanium. Over tightening and misuse are real. All mounts require at least some maintenance.

I feel bad for TBAC, they've only invited more of the general public to misuse their products than normal. They don't just ignore their customers like Q which means they're in for a lot of new headaches.

Q sucks? So tell use YOUR experience with the adaptor system. Because I’ve been using it for several years now and it’s the best system I’ve ever used, better than the CB that I’ve used for longer. If Q hurts your mangina there’s Rearden too.

I fail to see how my friend sucks because his can get stuck on his brake… the same way that one of those links you posted did but with a Q brake. Explain how it’s ok and the mount sucks when it happens to one but not the other.

The CB mount is a good mount but is far from perfect. Threads behind the taper is king, the SR system has the threads behind the taper too…

Yes, Q sucks. This isn't the first time you've heard it either. I don't feel compelled to expound just because you demand. There's plenty in those threads for anyone that wants to see for themselves.

Reactions: FuhQ
Yes, Q sucks. This isn't the first time you've heard it either. I don't feel compelled to expound just because you demand. There's plenty in those threads for anyone that wants to see for themselves.

So you have no first hand experience with the products you're claiming suck?

I can post threads where people have had issues with TBAC stuff too... I have first hand experience with a bad CB brake too that caused inconsistent POI when reinstalling the can.

So you have no first hand experience with the products you're claiming suck?

I can post threads where people have had issues with TBAC stuff too... I have first hand experience with a bad CB brake too that caused inconsistent POI when reinstalling the can.

You post the same old shit any time Q is mentioned negatively. Any extra words I type in response to you is a waste of my time. Anyone reading this thread is welcome to reread what I've written and form their own opinion. Your opinion is formed, there is no changing it.

You post the same old shit any time Q is mentioned negatively. Any extra words I type in response to you is a waste of my time. Anyone reading this thread is welcome to reread what I've written and form their own opinion. Your opinion is formed, there is no changing it.

Yes, my opinion is formed... from actual experience. I'm not a Q fanboy, they make some stuff I like and use, just like TBAC. I think TBAC makes the best suppressors out there, but I'm not a biased fuck like you are so I can admit the shortcomings too with the products that I actually own and use.

I've asked you what your experience is with the Q system and you can provide absolutely nothing, but will swear it sucks. You have not a fucking clue what you're talking about about are spewing bullshit anyway.

It does seem a shame to take some of the lightest titanium suppressor's and add half a pound of mount'age to it. I'm using the OG universal adapter. A 5/8" 24 threaded muzzle.
I just won a thunderbeast 50% cert and am finally looking at their options. I am looking at either the CB or Hub Dominus for using across 3 different rifles possibly. I could invest in the CB system and get 3 different mounts or just do a HUB to 5/8-24 adapter and forget about the AR. Does Thunderbeast make a simple adapter to go direct thread? Anyone suggest going to the Ultra series vs the Dominus? I would probably go Ultra 7 just for the length.

20" 223 AR
26" 6.5CM
20" 7SS

I just won a thunderbeast 50% cert and am finally looking at their options. I am looking at either the CB or Hub Dominus for using across 3 different rifles possibly. I could invest in the CB system and get 3 different mounts or just do a HUB to 5/8-24 adapter and forget about the AR. Does Thunderbeast make a simple adapter to go direct thread? Anyone suggest going to the Ultra series vs the Dominus? I would probably go Ultra 7 just for the length.

20" 223 AR
26" 6.5CM
20" 7SS

Reactions: HansohnBrothers

20" 223 AR
26" 6.5CM
20" 7SS

You can buy an adapter (looks like a single port brake) for the can from Area 419 and then use their adapter for their muzzle brake on your barrels if you go CB. It's cheaper than buying 3 CB muzzle brakes or flash hiders.

20" 223 AR
26" 6.5CM
20" 7SS

You can get a direct thread adaptor for the HUB, it uses the Silencerco Omega mounts, lots of options. Brake mount with taper forward of the threads is still mo betta, direct thread will still get carbon and shit pushed back in the threads. Brake mount also acts as a sacrificial blast baffle to help with erosion of the blast baffle on the can.

Rearden makes really nice stuff. I would go HUB and then look at their brakes and Atlas adaptor or the Q plan B adaptor. The Rearden brakes are far better brakes if you want to run unsuppressed.

I would go with the Dominus. I was shooting my buddies Dominus SR side by side with my Ultra 7 and it's the superior can between the two. My next can will be a Dominus HUB.

The Plan B pattern is great. Q products aren't.

Thankfully Rearden makes excellent mounts, and their muzzle devices have wrench flats so it's easy to remove a stuck device if that was to happen.

For most CB mounts it's the same as Q - no wrench flats so you are stuck with jimmy rigging a reverse thread bolt with nuts to remove the mount.

Reactions: HaydenLane
All taper mounts can get stuck. In some cases, rough SS thread finish gauls with Titanium. Over tightening and misuse are real. All mounts require at least some maintenance.

Any threaded system that's exposed to high temperatures and carbon has a potential to get stuck.

I don't think there's a suppressor mount in existence that hasn't been stuck at some point in time.

Any threaded system that's exposed to high temperatures and carbon has a potential to get stuck.

I don't think there's a suppressor mount in existence that hasn't been stuck at some point in time.

Agreed. It's strange that an example of outright misuse is the justification for a worse product. Oh well, it's no real skin off my back.

Agreed. It's strange that an example of outright misuse is the justification for a worse product. Oh well, it's no real skin off my back.

People like to argue over small nuances. That's all it is between these mounting products. And its all a trade-off.

I really like the Rearden products and Plan B pattern, it works for me and my uses. The TBAC system works great for other people and has been for a while.

Personally I'm happy that TBAC is opening up their cans to a bigger ecosystem for mounts, for people like me that's invested in another mounting pattern (that works better for me), I now have more suppressor options. TBAC makes excellent stuff.

You can get a Rearden mount stuck just like any other mount with misuse or neglect. I do really like the taper before the threads, that cuts down on the required maintenance. But if you overtighten a Rearden mount, particularly when it's hot, its going to get stuck. Other mounting systems and their nuances require different care and procedural regimes, like TBAC. It's all a trade-off.

The Plan B pattern is great. Q products aren't.

Thankfully Rearden makes excellent mounts, and their muzzle devices have wrench flats so it's easy to remove a stuck device if that was to happen.

For most CB mounts it's the same as Q - no wrench flats so you are stuck with jimmy rigging a reverse thread bolt with nuts to remove the mount.

I don't have experience with Rearden, they seem to have a good reputation. I have a couple of Q mounts somewhere in my parts bin with chatter in the threads. Really poor quality.

Rearden looks to have improved the Cherry Bomb concept. However, adding in wrench flats makes the mount a lot less compact. The same would be true of the TBAC CB. There's trade offs to everything.

Reactions: kthomas
I don't have experience with Rearden, they seem to have a good reputation. I have a couple of Q mounts somewhere in my parts bin with chatter in the threads. Really poor quality.

Rearden looks to have improved the Cherry Bomb concept. However, adding in wrench flats makes the mount a lot less compact. The would be true of the TBAC CB. There's trade offs to everything.

Always trade-offs.

Q seems to have a reputation for spotty quality QA/QC. I think the Plan B design is good. Q's mounts not so much. Rearden stuff is excellent.

Every system has its own trade-off's, it's up to the individual to determine what trade-offs they are willing to make to meet their desired objectives.

If Capitol had Dominus HUB when I ordered my CB ~2 months ago, I’d have ordered HUB.

So what's the best lightweight option to get a dominus to 5/8-24 DT?

Dominus-HUB and the otter creek ZR0?

Dominus-CB and the Hansohn CB to DT adapter listed above and have the option of using CB brakes down the road if I change my mind?

Reactions: FuhQ

Dominus-CB and the Hansohn CB to DT adapter listed above and have the option of using CB brakes down the road if I change my mind?
i'd be curious if there is even any weight savings with the hansohn adapter versus the TBAC CB non-timed brake. maybe half an ounce?

i'd be curious if there is even any weight savings with the hansohn adapter versus the TBAC CB non-timed brake. maybe half an ounce?

The CB is exceptionally lightweight for a functional two port brake. Throwing a SS thread adaptor in the back of the can is probably heavier. May as well glue a CB in the back of the can the way TBAC does for their direct thread models. It's the same reason why Hub is a step backward; weight, cost, and complexity.

Reactions: b6graham

The OC mount looks really nice. However, I’m going to wait until TB starts producing the all titanium version for the 11/16-24 adapter I need. I assume they’ll produce other sizes eventually. A titanium hub adapter on an ultra 7 would make a really lightweight option.

I just screw one CB mount into the can and then it becomes de facto direct thread. I have both an Ultra 7 and a Dominus. I'd go Dominus every day over a 7.

Getting a HUB version just to screw a direct thread adapter is also a way to go about it. Maybe that gives you some flexibility in the future but it is kind of an ironic use of a "universal mounting system".

I use HUB on wide-use suppressors like hard use .45cal modular cans that get used on guns that take tri-lug for a couple of years and then get relegated to a sub-16" AR barrel that needs a P&W KeyMo brake. But TBAC suppressors pretty much stay on precision rifles and that type of weird flexibility just doesn't seem needed on that application.
Well that's good to know about the ultra7 vs dominus. The only double duty a dominus would run is on my 20" AR which it could easily do with a 1/2-28 CB.

I just loctited 1/2 28 to 5/8" 24 adapters on my longer barreled ARs so I could just leave a 5/8 24 CB inside the Dominus. They're $30 a piece.
I've considered going a step further and cutting an inch off my AR since the barrel is 3/4" and threading it 5/8-24. The only thing I use 1/2-28 for is rimfires.

If you do that then the suppressor will only fit his one AR. In the context of what we're talking about

The further you get from the intended purpose of the device, the worse the performance, or derived experience, will be. The device was designed to use CB, use CB or pick another silencer. Instead of rethreading barrels or gluing in brakes, just install brakes as needed. I get that people are cheap by nature, but homie won't save money by the time he recuts the barrel. Plus, direct thread is the antithesis of taper mounts.

You're not tracking. That's what he and I were talking about. Using CB.
The only reason I'm even looking at Thunderbeast is because I won a 50% off a prize table. I'm cheap and to pay $885 for a Dominus-CB with tax stamp and then add back on $270 in additional CB brakes kind of killed the hype for me. If I didn't already have cans for all those guns, although not as nice as the Dominus, it would be a pretty compelling deal. Better mounting system, free tax stamp, 2 extra 30CB brakes, and $200 off a Dominus-CB.

20" 223 AR
26" 6.5CM
20" 7SS
I bought the Area 419 mounts for my suppressors after I bought my Dominus CB. It has work great for me so far. Using them on a Harvester, a 30P-1 that is re-cored to an Ultra on a 10.5" 556, 18" 556, 18" 6 and 6.5 Creed, and a 20" and 24" 6.5 PRC. The Dominus is my favorite so far. I used it on a 28" 6.5 Creedmoor for NRL Hunter.

One benefit of using our direct thread adapter is you can use it on tapered barrels (Sig and Q for example) without adding another adapter.

We can convert the Gen2 Ultra 5, 7, and 9, and the Dominus-CB to the HUB rear end. This involves a complete "thread-end-ectomy" so it won't be trivially cheap. But we can do it.

Please contact us via email or phone for pricing and turnaround.

This is NOT available for Gen1 Ultras because they are tubed and the modification is only possible on our tubeless cans.

Looking at getting a 6.5 and 30/06 fieldcraft threaded for a light weight hunting rifles.
Was wanting to do 5/8 direct thread and wondered if the hub is a better option or stick with direct thread.
Weight is a concern
Dominus or ultra 7

If the barrels are not thick enough at the muzzle to get a proper shoulder for 9/16 threads (ie 0.662" before cutting), then I recommend getting the CB mount with a face mounted brake.

If this photo is representative of reality,
their threads do not have a proper undercut.

Reactions: BurtG
Looking at getting a 6.5 and 30/06 fieldcraft threaded for a light weight hunting rifles.
Was wanting to do 5/8 direct thread and wondered if the hub is a better option or stick with direct thread.
Weight is a concern
Dominus or ultra 7
Have your smith thread them just small enough to get enough shoulder to properly attach a custom made adapter, then permanently attach the shouldered 5/8-24 adapter to the barrel and once it cures, thread the adapter bore-centric so it's straight and true with the bore. Then you can run direct-thread or a QD mount. I had to do that with 2 thin pencil barreled Ruger M77 MKII rifles from the 90's.

IMG_9287.jpegIMG_9289.jpegIMG_9277.jpeg
IMG_9281.jpegIMG_9282.jpeg

Reactions: BurtG