• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Templar vs AX action

zombeez4brekfast

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Waterford, MI
Hi guys,
I'm fairly new still to long range shooting so go easy on me. I have been thinking about selling my GAP built AICS AX chassis that has a Templar action for a complete AX from Euro Optics. I understand I will most likely want a new barrel cut for it. My question though is, will I notice that much difference from one gun to the other?

you are never going to be sure until you own one, sell the GAP, or better yet keep it for comparisons sake and buy the AIAX. Both are great guns but both are built for specific needs and purposes. I found my AIAX to be heavier than I liked so I sold it.

The aw ax is built like a tank. It's a zombie apocalypse rifle that is deadly accurate. Closing the bolt is like closing the breach of a tank cannon.

I popped for an AW about 6 mos ago and I think it is the cat's meow. I have had a little adjustment period with the 2 stage trigger, but now I think its A+.

+1 (well, AW's anyhow).

Can't quite convince myself to give up the thumbhole yet :)

I like the thumbhole too. For a while I had both my AW and my AX. The reason I shot the AX so much was more about the buttspike than anything. If I had an AW 2.0 instead of 1.5, and if I had all the quick adjust shit and the spike, then I really would have had a hard time justifying the AX because the thumbhole just plain WORKS.

so you need to ask yourself if you find that you would prefer the 60 degree tri lug bolt throw, 2 stage trigger, and 3 position safety to the setup you have now. i don't have an AI, but the people with them love their ruggedness and the lifecycle support behind them. if you want a rifle with these features, then trade up.

Forgot to mention that in-stock barrels that I can (and do) change at home is a HUGE plus.

This thread needs pics:
2012-06-01155148-1.jpg

Very true! Being able to load CIP ammo in the mag is a nice bonus also over the AW.

The AICS chassis doesn't posses this problem though at least.