• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

Some of the issue is that the Zeus bolt is straight rather than swept. I threw a Defiance action in and it fits as it should. I bought the chassis because it does a bolt side folding. If either of the alternatives to the factory bolt were slightly narrower it may work. I originally was looking at the ball knob anyway to mimic the AI bolt knobs (sort of). I'm looking for a measurement on the ball one from the seam (were it meets the bolt lever/arm) to the bottom of the ball and the max width. Same for the hour glass one. TY I appreciate it!!

ACtC-3chsCOUbk0l2l2HOeYLvQbYhniLQ2W9axZ1DrtMwiJmNO0ADW36dOuorn-Sm0wkrzcC9xuegtFxyogFzLh6d3qXKkTdAfiqgGHev5OGt3BSJjMuClLK6hf3cm5htbMQ-xYeqz4gHno0qWsWYkB03Y0qLg=w786-h1394-no

ACtC-3eGqcPCrpHBGOcb_uJJNATcI1pRUUDNjmDG4JNah2vTzenDoiu1neZQyEWlOumnRwG0jkw7ry3ileHerE0E3Jc7TSZkz10_jT5Y0J2TeE-7H-eTYaLXODcPFydDrLj5JqY1wspjs6ovDidzLG533NTi1w=w786-h1394-no

Sorry about this picture, but I think this is what you want.

ACtC-3eu6i1uPxqh4NLa-5KY6GAopzHOYFymuHqQAWpWFU3fz4gFwAKn5j0cy8CWpaFjPdIUtXJuhcx3DaVSMpJOOlbWubeYoQv6XlkYPXGwzzfLAt01rRZ_GBymS5lf2IQOcAU4uCaBeAORmh8LPn3XnzP_Jw=w786-h1394-no

ACtC-3dpKU3xCNRb2XrM2WjLIvbRUqU-MbOjz80YhcKMOLqxrrsgcYvNukzFfSWnzWxDjUVwPOJwSDrsAC-X3xQcSjfwUyc4fgVY98nMmA_9YsxPWEMrWlUEvr33NZRUSDmy80Q-OokJc5w0feJ97osc2XW6Zg=w786-h1394-no

ACtC-3djA1m4QsiTUjsfdomrZchDuMVM5L4xODekqHz_GdVIkoHNHcMuuoj1q3yMSgKZZIui2ZursT4V2VXsQDXFbxwVcaRrwqpFONC6I3BPxF4Sld24V5u6pjmrtH3_sWA6vuhq4h6a7R6WIMlLDiFAFRFCzA=w786-h1394-no

ACtC-3fXtdGDpzUOglosJgdzNN3ShgRy2X7CYgP7KavLcvW1bsTBQv4Pa7cjl-8v3QZWZICxcLjekpTd1fBN2mi8pn_ulx4rxjg4HLQDj5X_v3FQwQZxzPWfd4o5thpQHeA9pX03BhQBNrw-9FG6bO4vwTkfJg=w786-h1394-no

Reactions: bb505
Thank you so much for doing that. Unfortunately it looks that what i was hoping for won't work. This photo was extremely helpful.

ACtC-3djA1m4QsiTUjsfdomrZchDuMVM5L4xODekqHz_GdVIkoHNHcMuuoj1q3yMSgKZZIui2ZursT4V2VXsQDXFbxwVcaRrwqpFONC6I3BPxF4Sld24V5u6pjmrtH3_sWA6vuhq4h6a7R6WIMlLDiFAFRFCzA=w786-h1394-no

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: ThisGuy
Has anyone replaced their bolt knob with either the round or hour glass knob? Turns out that the magpul pro 700 chassis won't fold over the original bolt. Was hoping that one of the two may allow it. Looking for dimensions. I like the action too much to use a different action, and I like the chassis too much to use a different stock/chassis.
View attachment 7476197
Did you have to make any modifications to the chassis for the action to function? Have you tried AW magazines?

Did you have to make any modifications to the chassis for the action to function? Have you tried AW magazines?
Nope, no mods, just got it Tuesday. I want to have it use aw mags but haven't attempted that hurdle yet. When i had the action in a krg bravo, the aw mag would seat and a single round from the mag would load, but not the next. But that's a whole other issue.

Nope, no mods, just got it Tuesday. I want to have it use aw mags but haven't attempted that hurdle yet. When i had the action in a krg bravo, the aw mag would seat and a single round from the mag would load, but not the next. But that's a whole other issue.
Good to hear, Got the pro 700 chassis but am still waiting for the action and other pieces to come in. Super excited to see how it all turns out

Reactions: bb505
It is not unusual for the AW mag to require some minor adjustment to run reliably in a Terminus. I compete with a number of PRS shooters who all use the AW mags and in my opinion is worth the effort. Magazine fitting (either mag height fitment, or feed lip tuning) is often necessary with the more common AICS double stack/single feed pattern as well as the AW double stack/double feed and is certainly not unique to the Terminus actions.

AW mags are rugged, high quality, and priced the same as AICS pattern mags. Their compact height are an advantage when shooting from a prop that wouldn't clear an AICS pattern mag's height. And the ability to top load can make the difference between clearing a double feed from an open bolt with one finger vs having to drop a mag and making a mag change.

The issue of the top round being skipped over by the bolt is caused by one of two conditions. First is the magazine latch being too short which allows the magazine to sit just below the height where the bottom of the bolt head (either 5 o'clock or 7 o'clock position depending whether the round is feeding from the right or left), or the top round presenting (angled) in a nose high - case head low attitude so that the case rim slightly below bolt head and it skips over the round.

If it's the mag latch being too short, you'll need to find or fabricate a longer mag latch. (KRG and MPA both sell an extended mag latch/catch specifically for this purpose). If it's the cartridge presenting case head low-nose high, it can be corrected by removing the follower and spring, and slightly bending the spring where it is riveted to the follower so that it applies more pressure to the rear of the follower. Let me know when you start checking - I can post photos that might help.

Reactions: V-Ref and Tunnuh
I spent a long time working with AW mags. I got 308 to run successfully with 400 rounds straight without problems. I got 6GT to run in them with a lot of tweaking and it was only about 80-90% successful. Every once in a while the round would catch and not go straight into the chamber.

I spent a bunch of time on this.

Asking Joel what he recommended, he said he would go ARC magazine with the LRI follower. I went ahead and did that, zero tweaks, it feeds so smoothly. It's truly nice to run ARC magazines. The height difference between ARC and AW is also very minimal.

I spent a long time working with AW mags. I got 308 to run successfully with 400 rounds straight without problems. I got 6GT to run in them with a lot of tweaking and it was only about 80-90% successful. Every once in a while the round would catch and not go straight into the chamber.

I spent a bunch of time on this.

Asking Joel what he recommended, he said he would go ARC magazine with the LRI follower. I went ahead and did that, zero tweaks, it feeds so smoothly. It's truly nice to run ARC magazines. The height difference between ARC and AW is also very minimal.

I've wondered if that might be a good route for a shorter magazine profile. Does the bolt bind with upward pressure on the ARC mags? It does not with the accurate mags and the Hawkins bottom metal I have.

I have quite a few AW mags and they are my favorite magazine. They load easy, have a lower profile and feed smoothly. The one thing I have always noticed, regardless of the action (AIAW excepted) they will need a slight bit of tuning height. I have always done it by a little welding and filing on the mag catch. A couple of rifles I just give the mag a little downward tug once inserted. That was how I got the Curtis Vector to feed smoothly and reliably. I have 6BR on my AT, a 22-250 barrel for an AW and the Dasher barrel that will. be moved from Vector to Zeus. They all get fed via the AW mag using HRD-Gear spacer kits. Those things are "sliced bread"!

I have quite a few AW mags and they are my favorite magazine. They load easy, have a lower profile and feed smoothly. The one thing I have always noticed, regardless of the action (AIAW excepted) they will need a slight bit of tuning height. I have always done it by a little welding and filing on the mag catch. A couple of rifles I just give the mag a little downward tug once inserted. That was how I got the Curtis Vector to feed smoothly and reliably. I have 6BR on my AT, a 22-250 barrel for an AW and the Dasher barrel that will. be moved from Vector to Zeus. They all get fed via the AW mag using HRD-Gear spacer kits. Those things are "sliced bread"!

If people really want to run 6GT out of the AW magazine, HRD will make a custom 6GT spacer for it. That was the recommendation I got if I wanted to try to get 6GT to be 100% reliable.

I've wondered if that might be a good route for a shorter magazine profile. Does the bolt bind with upward pressure on the ARC mags? It does not with the accurate mags and the Hawkins bottom metal I have.

I haven't noticed any binding, this is with an MDT ACC.

Reactions: Tunnuh
Anyone running a Zeus in a Manners TCS? Got one on order and wondering what mags work best feeding 6/6.5 Creed.

Last edited:

I’ve been running factory arc mags in my Zeus with zero issues after I shaved the front of the follower back a hair when it was in my kelbly so don’t have any other untouched mags to try. Will be ordering more as they run so flawlessly.

With upward pressure you definitely get some running but not enough to stop the bolt

Have 2 untouched Arc mags with LRI followers on a Zeus in a MPA BA Comp. No binding issues, nor when there is upward pressure on the mag.

I've got a zeus in a TCS and only run arc mags no binding. I can rest the rifle on the mag and run rounds through it will no issues. Haven't done any tuning to mag or mag latch.

Reactions: Stoweit and Tunnuh
Awesome to hear on the arc mags guys...I'll pick some up and thanks for the inputs. I have the regular size accurate mags at the moment. I finally get to shoot this thing. Got sick with covid the day after I put it together.

20201125_145738.jpg

I have two ARC's with LRI followers that work great in a TCS with Impact Action. No rubbing with rifle sitting on mag.

Are those that built a .223 - are you using the MDT polymer mags? Are they functioning well?
Not sure who makes them but this is what has been working flawlessly for me in both the Zeus as well as a Tikka.

• Love
Reactions: Luka and Tunnuh
Not sure who makes them but this is what has been working flawlessly for me in both the Zeus as well as a Tikka.

Those are accurate mags and they do work well with the 223 conversion. They have a little binding if you put upwards pressure on the mag, but it doesn't completely stop the bolt like with the vector. I'm going to try the mag block insert in my MPA and see it it fixes that too.

Reactions: Dolomite
Those are accurate mags and they do work well with the 223 conversion. They have a little binding if you put upwards pressure on the mag, but it doesn't completely stop the bolt like with the vector. I'm going to try the mag block insert in my MPA and see it it fixes that too.
Those appear to look and spec the exact same as the Accurate Mag 223 mag. Accurate Mag offers them in a five-round version as well.
I have one from AM and it feeds very well. I used 80 VLD in one barrel and 90VLD in another. They are loaded out to long OAL so I had to take the mag's liner our and do some minor modification to be able to feed my loads.

The mag block helped a ton with the 308 ARC mags but the 223 mag is just slightly smaller so it doesn’t see as much tension. I still get that small amount of the bolt hitting the feed lips when I load into a barricade with the 223 mag.

Those appear to look and spec the exact same as the Accurate Mag 223 mag. Accurate Mag offers them in a five-round version as well.
I have one from AM and it feeds very well. I used 80 VLD in one barrel and 90VLD in another. They are loaded out to long OAL so I had to take the mag's liner our and do some minor modification to be able to feed my loads.
Here is what I did to the insert to get an OAL length of 2.500”
BF08011A-0EB8-483D-9B43-8A8158F217F4.jpeg

Reactions: Luka and shoot4fun
The mag block helped a ton with the 308 ARC mags but the 223 mag is just slightly smaller so it doesn’t see as much tension. I still get that small amount of the bolt hitting the feed lips when I load into a barricade with the 223 mag.
Have you tried running AW mags since you installed it? If so, does it cause any issues?
Thanks

Have you tried running AW mags since you installed it? If so, does it cause any issues?
Thanks
Not yet and have been wanting to just try to see but with the ARC mags running so flawlessly I figured why buy any AWs. Going to find someone with them at the next match to give them a try. I guess the benefits would be slightly shorter and easier to load vs the ARC?

Finally shot the Terminus today...it was everything I hoped for. Took 6 rounds to establish zero. First group was the 3 shots in the pic. Had it out to 1k and it was good to go. Put 100 rounds through it today and will shoot the local match tomorrow with it after gathering dope.

The ZCO, Foundation and SPR chambered bartlein were awesome. I was also really impressed with the Hornady match 6 Creedmoor. It hammers in every gun I put it through as a side note.

Wind was 1.0 to 1.8 mils at 1k today so there was horizontal inconsistencies but elevation was solid.

20201226_182235.jpg
20201226_182310.jpg
20201226_121231.jpg

Just put in an order for mine. Very excited to try one out.

Just FYI. Takes a bit before they smooth out and run buttery. I’m a fan though. Really no complaints. And the quick change feature is money. RTZ is repeatable within .75 MOA or better after barrel removal, if I’m doing my part.

Just FYI. Takes a bit before they smooth out and run buttery. I’m a fan though. Really no complaints. And the quick change feature is money. RTZ is repeatable within .75 MOA or better after barrel removal, if I’m doing my part.

Who did your barrel?

This will be a little bit of a projector this season in preparation for '22

Reactions: 5-0 MTB
Are you running just the QD with 10 in pounds on the screws? No issues so far I take it?

Do the new actions have the cocking piece indicator on back of the bolt or are they all enclosed?
I believe he has already gone back to the closed body. The indicator was allowing additional debris etc into the action

Reactions: Tier1nub
For the folks running the ARC Mags with LRI Followers, are you running any BR based cartridges? Im looking to spin up a BRA, and wondering which mags or followers to pick up.

For the folks running the ARC Mags with LRI Followers, are you running any BR based cartridges? Im looking to spin up a BRA, and wondering which mags or followers to pick up.
Not a fan of ARC mags at all, but if you really want to run them I’ve run my 6BR in them without a spacer kit.