• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

I spent a lot of time trying to tweak my AW mags to work for 6GT but never got it to work reliably so I gave up and just went to ARC mags. My 308 setup on the Zeus works perfect with AW mags though.
I’d be willing to bet that’s more A product of the GT than the action. I’ve seen it not feed in several different actions with AW mags.

Reactions: Tunnuh
Or could be the Mag. Guys are having better luck with aics pattern mags with 6gt as I'm told.

Same exp here. Terminus Zeus with AW mags and KRG Chassis, doesn't feed very well. AICS pattern mags seem to work smoothly. 6GT

Last edited:
My action came in and turns out it was missing the barrel set screws. I emailed Altus and @Joel Russo and they handled the situation very fast. Kuddos for some of the best customer service in the world right now.

The Zeus is my favorite action I have ever finger fucked. Very smooth, no binding, and a very light bolt lift esp compared to my AX I had. Now off to find a barrel...

My action came in and turns out it was missing the barrel set screws. I emailed Altus and @Joel Russo and they handled the situation very fast. Kuddos for some of the best customer service in the world right now.

The Zeus is my favorite action I have ever finger fucked. Very smooth, no binding, and a very light bolt lift esp compared to my AX I had. Now off to find a barrel...

I always wanted to play with the AX... that new AI ATX is very tempting. Are all AIs that heavy of a bolt lift?

I always wanted to play with the AX... that new AI ATX is very tempting. Are all AIs that heavy of a bolt lift?

They certainly won't win any awards for being "light".

But without quantifying it with actual metrics, "that heavy of a bolt lift" is a matter of perspective.

They certainly won't win any awards for being "light".

But without quantifying it with actual metrics, "that heavy of a bolt lift" is a matter of perspective.

I was contemplating either just getting the ATX all up with rifle/chassis, or just getting the chassis and putting the Terminus in there. Not sure if there's a benefit to running the AI.

I was contemplating either just getting the ATX all up with rifle/chassis, or just getting the chassis and putting the Terminus in there. Not sure if there's a benefit to running the AI.
I just sold my terminus in favor of the AI which i already have for competition. I will say that the Zeus is a bad ass action and cycles with authority...it wants to snap the bolt closed on its own it seems.

Personally, I didn't want to monkey with different chassis or stocks in conjunction with AW mags to get the Zeus running. AI mags were built for AI's so they work every time. The zeus barrel change is why i wanted it and is super convenient, though so is the AI. I wanted a rem700 action, just for because, and this was great, but I could no longer have the money tied up in it and a new caliber.

The zeus 60° bolt throw will spoil you. It is a straight 90° angle in relation to the bore, whereas the AI is swept back, which I found that I prefer. You won't go wrong with either.

Reactions: littlepod
I just sold my terminus in favor of the AI which i already have for competition. I will say that the Zeus is a bad ass action and cycles with authority...it wants to snap the bolt closed on its own it seems.

Personally, I didn't want to monkey with different chassis or stocks in conjunction with AW mags to get the Zeus running. AI mags were built for AI's so they work every time. The zeus barrel change is why i wanted it and is super convenient, though so is the AI. I wanted a rem700 action, just for because, and this was great, but I could no longer have the money tied up in it and a new caliber.

The zeus 60° bolt throw will spoil you. It is a straight 90° angle in relation to the bore, whereas the AI is swept back, which I found that I prefer. You won't go wrong with either.

Thanks for the feedback. I got rid of all my AW mags recently and just the ARC with LRI followers and +2 round extensions. It's not as nice to load the mag as the AW mags, but it feeds flawlessly.

Then I saw the AI AT-X and I was like damn, I should've kept those AW mags lol.

I'll keep running this Zeus. I am liking the TT Diamond 2-Stage, though the new AI comp trigger upgrades look interesting too.

Thanks for the feedback. I got rid of all my AW mags recently and just the ARC with LRI followers and +2 round extensions. It's not as nice to load the mag as the AW mags, but it feeds flawlessly.

Then I saw the AI AT-X and I was like damn, I should've kept those AW mags lol.

I'll keep running this Zeus. I am liking the TT Diamond 2-Stage, though the new AI comp trigger upgrades look interesting too.
The new atx uses AX magazines not Aw. The Accuracy Obsession chassis uses AW and can be changed Ax i believe. I am going this route. The Atx lacks a thumbrest and has the keyslot, though stronger and easier to use than mlkok, is going to have less aftermarket attachments that are out there and yet to be thought of. Plus the 5k asking price dosen't include the weights folding stock mechanism, or night vision brigde.

I do have the comp trigger and was wondering if it was similar to the Tt 2 stage. I have a single stage diamond which, though crisp and clean, throws me off because im use to 2 stage and triggers from shooting in different dosciplines.

@bb505

I just ordered a Zeus a couple weeks ago. When they first released the AT-X I was pretty excited and then as more details came out the more underwhelming it became. I'll probably just keep running my Impact and run the Zeus when it gets here. I'm already stacked deep in MDT BR mags and I like TT two stage triggers more than the AI comp trigger. They seem crisper. Same with Bix and Andy triggers. Both seem crisper than the AI comp trigger.

I'm trying to see what's out their for AW mag BR kits since I have 4 of those as well. HRD seems to be out of stock everywhere. I'm not sure I want to be trimming the followers to make a PVA kit work

Are those that built a .223 - are you using the MDT polymer mags? Are they functioning well?

I have an AI polymer 223 mag and an accurate 223 metal mag. Not being ran in my terminus but in my tl3 and I prefer the metal mag. Both feed, but the ai mag’s spring pressure is pretty light and doesn’t always keep control round feed on the last 3 rounds. Have another 223bolt face 3 lug action on its way and will test both mags in that as well

Reactions: short_mag
The new atx uses AX magazines not Aw. The Accuracy Obsession chassis uses AW and can be changed Ax i believe. I am going this route. The Atx lacks a thumbrest and has the keyslot, though stronger and easier to use than mlkok, is going to have less aftermarket attachments that are out there and yet to be thought of. Plus the 5k asking price dosen't include the weights folding stock mechanism, or night vision brigde.

I do have the comp trigger and was wondering if it was similar to the Tt 2 stage. I have a single stage diamond which, though crisp and clean, throws me off because im use to 2 stage and triggers from shooting in different dosciplines.
I don't think there is any difference in the mags, AW mags should work fine in the AT-X

I picked up my left handed Apollo today and it is a beauty. I’m strongly thinking of selling my Bighorn barreled action and buying another Apollo or Zeus full thread. Such a slick running action and the 60 degree bolt throw like the above poster said “will spoil you”
Yeah, you can’t go wrong with Terminus. Curtis already makes solid actions and Terminus are essentially better Curtis actions lol. IMO

I just hand tight and no problems holding zero. Haven't tried pulling it and re-tightening
I try to take off and put back on barrel with each range trip just to verify the RTZ or the shift.

Reactions: Tunnuh
Joel, solid design on these actions! I just ran the Zeus at Mammoth and it was flawless! It froze solid both mornings but never one issue during cycling, put it through hell that weekend and it rocked!

Quick change barrel system was flawless and last shot of the event was a zero accuracy check. no poi shift over the weekend and nailed the zero check!

solid work, solid product, will definitely Terminus here on out!

I’ve got an extra 24” carbon barrel cut for the zeus quick change system if anyone is interested. ordered 2 as i was worried about lead times. One is a Proof other is a Bartlein, same specs, shoot me a DM if interested in one.

Joel, solid design on these actions! I just ran the Zeus at Mammoth and it was flawless! It froze solid both mornings but never one issue during cycling, put it through hell that weekend and it rocked!

Quick change barrel system was flawless and last shot of the event was a zero accuracy check. no poi shift over the weekend and nailed the zero check!

solid work, solid product, will definitely Terminus here on out!

I’ve got an extra 24” carbon barrel cut for the zeus quick change system if anyone is interested. ordered 2 as i was worried about lead times. One is a Proof other is a Bartlein, same specs, shoot me a DM if interested in one.

Great testament to the durability of the action! Thanks for sharing!

My third barrel is arriving in a couple of weeks. I intend on doing an in depth review of RTZ while switching between all three barrels. The first is a proof steel 6 creed, the second is a proof carbon 7 SAUM, and the third is a PRB 308. I’m excited to see the results.

Reactions: 5-0 MTB
My third barrel is arriving in a couple of weeks. I intend on doing an in depth review of RTZ while switching between all three barrels. The first is a proof steel 6 creed, the second is a proof carbon 7 SAUM, and the third is a PRB 308. I’m excited to see the results.
Excited to hear about your results

Also very interested in your experience.

For those of you using the Zeus with a TT Diamond. Are you finding a fair amount of cocking on closing? I have to get over a fairly steep "hitch" in order to close the bolt. Unfortunately I dont have any other triggers to compare it to. Just wanted to see if this was normal or not.
Thanks

For those of you using the Zeus with a TT Diamond. Are you finding a fair amount of cocking on closing? I have to get over a fairly steep "hitch" in order to close the bolt. Unfortunately I dont have any other triggers to compare it to. Just wanted to see if this was normal or not.
Thanks
I use TT primary and the closing doesn’t even exist, super smooth.

Received my tracking info from Joel today for my LH Zeus w/ 308 bolt. Really looking forward to getting it built up.
3 barrels coming in any day now from DST.
26” Krieger 1-7.5 6mm Dasher w/ .114 free bore
26” Bartlein 1-8.0 6.5 CM
26” Krieger 1-7.0 223 Rem

Will be about 3 weeks +\- till I receive my 223 and Magnum LH bolts for the Zeus.

Then will decide between 300 WSM or 7mm WSM for the magnum...

Reactions: tydex21
Ordered my Zues 2 weeks ago. Hope to get it in about a month. Also ordered a 26" Bartlein 400MODBB 6CM barrel and a 26" Benchmark 6.5cm.

Thanks
My bolt closes by itself on both my 6GT and 223 bolt with the TT and that is slowly pushing bolt forward.

I have a 6.5 cm Proof Comp contour coming in from SJ hopefully in another month or two.
Then I have a 6.5 cm Proof Sendero CF barrel from Proof coming in 8-10 months based on what Proof said.

Then 6GT and 308 both in Proof Comp Contour from SJ that shoot consistently shoot sub 1/2 moa.

Reactions: Dooby
I would love to finger fuck a Terminus action one day. I'm admittedly not a 60° bolt throw fan, but this thread makes me want to check one out again.

I would love to finger fuck a Terminus action one day. I'm admittedly not a 60° bolt throw fan, but this thread makes me want to check one out again.
You ever stop through the fort worth area? I'll let you try mine.